PDA

View Full Version : Do you know this cat? Reward

Phil P.
June 15th 08, 08:05 PM
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

cybercat
June 15th 08, 08:13 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

Oh, Phil, I am so glad you found her. How is she now?

Lynne
June 15th 08, 08:53 PM
Phil P. wrote:

> http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

Her leg looks off to me, or is that a trick of the camera? How is she
doing? Knowing how stressed my Levi gets if we just have company, I
cannot imagine the emotional suffering that girl is enduring, along with
her physical pain... That someone could abandon a cat like that makes me
FURIOUS. I know, welcome to reality, but JHC I hate people sometimes.

Phil, you are a saint. Truly.

Phil P.
June 15th 08, 09:40 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm
> >

> Oh, Phil, I am so glad you found her. How is she now?

She had to be euthanized. Its a horror story.

She was in excruciating pain from cancer of the bone in her right rear leg-
which understandably made her very aggressive- pain-induced aggression. Her
owners had her declawed recently ... at about 8 years old probably because
she was aggressive (from the pain). She had a recent incision wound on her
right rear leg where it appears a biopsy sample was taken.

Someone left her in shopping cart in a carrier in one of the Petsmarts where
we have an adoption center. When we took her out of the carrier, she favored
her right rear leg so we thought she might have had a broken leg or
fractured bone so I immediately took her to the emergency hospital. X-rays
revealed a mass in her leg which turned out to be an osteosarcoma which had
metastasized to her liver and lungs. The if the cancer didn't metastasize,
we might have been able to save her life or at least extend it with
amputation of the leg. But she was riddled with cancer and has been
suffering for months.

Call it whatever you like- but I want to find the people who allowed her to
suffer and then dump her. But I *really* want to find the vet who performed
the declaw surgery on cat that was already in pain.

Phil P.
June 15th 08, 09:43 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Phil P. wrote:
>
> > http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm
>
> Her leg looks off to me, or is that a trick of the camera? How is she
> doing? Knowing how stressed my Levi gets if we just have company, I
> cannot imagine the emotional suffering that girl is enduring, along with
> her physical pain... That someone could abandon a cat like that makes me
> FURIOUS. I know, welcome to reality, but JHC I hate people sometimes.
>
> Phil, you are a saint. Truly.

All I could for her was end her suffering. Her owners' are just beginning.

cybercat
June 15th 08, 11:10 PM
"Phil P." > wrote :

> Call it whatever you like- but I want to find the people who allowed her
> suffer and then dump her. But I *really* want to find the vet who
> performed
> the declaw surgery on cat that was already in pain.

Jesus, I am so sorry she went through this. I hope you find the
perpetrators.

Lynne
June 15th 08, 11:16 PM
Phil P. wrote:

> All I could for her was end her suffering. Her owners' are just beginning.

Phil, what a nightmare for that poor creature. I am sick to my stomach.
I can't imagine the rage you must feel over this.

Bless you for putting her out of her misery. I hope you are able to
identify the owners and the vet and take them to task.

I have co-workers in that area. I am going to send this information to
them and ask them to spread the word. I will contact you via email if I
get any leads.

Lynne
June 15th 08, 11:20 PM
Lynne wrote:

> I will contact you via email if I get any leads.

er, anyone with information will contact you directly. I have just sent
out a plea for help. I wish I could do something to help.

cybercat
June 15th 08, 11:35 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Lynne wrote:
>
>> I will contact you via email if I get any leads.
>
> er, anyone with information will contact you directly. I have just sent
> out a plea for help. I wish I could do something to help.

I think orange females are fairly rare. Maybe that will help identify her.

Lynne
June 16th 08, 12:29 AM
cybercat wrote:

> I think orange females are fairly rare. Maybe that will help identify her.

That is a very good point. I've never met or even heard of an orange
female, not that I can recall.

That poor, poor, beautiful girl...

rb
June 16th 08, 01:09 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> . com...
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected] Oh, Phil, I am so glad you
>> found her. How is she now?
>
> She had to be euthanized. Its a horror story.

I am so sorry to hear about this. But at least she is out of pain now.
Thanks for your efforts in trying to help her.

> She was in excruciating pain from cancer of the bone in her right
> rear leg- which understandably made her very aggressive- pain-induced
> aggression. Her owners had her declawed recently ... at about 8 years
> old probably because she was aggressive (from the pain). She had a
> recent incision wound on her right rear leg where it appears a biopsy
> sample was taken.
>
> Someone left her in shopping cart in a carrier in one of the
> Petsmarts where we have an adoption center. When we took her out of
> the carrier, she favored her right rear leg so we thought she might
> have had a broken leg or fractured bone so I immediately took her to
> the emergency hospital. X-rays revealed a mass in her leg which
> turned out to be an osteosarcoma which had metastasized to her liver
> and lungs. The if the cancer didn't metastasize, we might have been
> able to save her life or at least extend it with amputation of the
> leg. But she was riddled with cancer and has been suffering for
> months.
>
> Call it whatever you like- but I want to find the people who allowed
> her to suffer and then dump her. But I *really* want to find the vet
> who performed the declaw surgery on cat that was already in pain.

You might have thought of this already and if so then please ignore the
following. Does this Petsmart have a Banfield Veterinary hospital
inside? Perhaps the surgery was done there? Why drag a sick cat in a
carrier all the way to Petsmart to dump her? Perhaps the person had just
picked her up at the vet, and just decided on the way out to the car to
dump her. Though I suppose that there could be other reasons for it.

dejablues[_4_]
June 16th 08, 01:23 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> . com...
>>
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm
>> >

>> Oh, Phil, I am so glad you found her. How is she now?
>
> She had to be euthanized. Its a horror story.
>
> She was in excruciating pain from cancer of the bone in her right rear
> leg-
> which understandably made her very aggressive- pain-induced aggression.
> Her
> owners had her declawed recently ... at about 8 years old probably because
> she was aggressive (from the pain). She had a recent incision wound on her
> right rear leg where it appears a biopsy sample was taken.
>
> Someone left her in shopping cart in a carrier in one of the Petsmarts
> where
> we have an adoption center. When we took her out of the carrier, she
> favored
> her right rear leg so we thought she might have had a broken leg or
> fractured bone so I immediately took her to the emergency hospital.
> X-rays
> revealed a mass in her leg which turned out to be an osteosarcoma which
> had
> metastasized to her liver and lungs. The if the cancer didn't metastasize,
> we might have been able to save her life or at least extend it with
> amputation of the leg. But she was riddled with cancer and has been
> suffering for months.
>
> Call it whatever you like- but I want to find the people who allowed her
> suffer and then dump her. But I *really* want to find the vet who
> performed
> the declaw surgery on cat that was already in pain.

Jesus Christ! Just when you think you've heard the worst, a story like this
comes along!
Poor, poor kitty girl.

---MIKE---
June 16th 08, 01:24 AM
My Amber is an orange female.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cybercat
June 16th 08, 01:47 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> I think orange females are fairly rare. Maybe that will help identify
>> her.
>
> That is a very good point. I've never met or even heard of an orange
> female, not that I can recall.
>
> That poor, poor, beautiful girl...

yeah. You can see the fear and pain in her face. Just rips the heart out.

dejablues[_4_]
June 16th 08, 02:33 AM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
>My Amber is an orange female.

When I was teenager, we had an orange longhaired female, Jingles. She had
one litter of kittens, which included an orange and white girl, who we kept
, a solid orange girl, and two orange boys, who found good homes.

Wendy
June 16th 08, 03:52 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Lynne wrote:
>>
>>> I will contact you via email if I get any leads.
>>
>> er, anyone with information will contact you directly. I have just sent
>> out a plea for help. I wish I could do something to help.
>
> I think orange females are fairly rare. Maybe that will help identify her.

I thought they were fairly rare until this year. We found a colony of cats
living in a business park. We've trapped 5 orange females so far. We think
there are at least a couple more females still out there (orange) as well as
a buff male and possibly an orange male or two.

We found this group when we were following up on a phone call about kittens
at that location. We didn't find any kittens. Apparently employees of
surrounding businesses had taken the kittens home already. What we did find
is infuriating me. There are people back there who have been feeding for a
few years. They were aware of one particular kitten who's leg got broken
LAST SUMMER when she was just a small kitten. The idiots left her out there.
When we were talking to them trying to find out how many cats were there,
who had been pregnant recently etc. they told us that we were butting in
where we weren't wanted and that they didn't need our help. We've been
trapping anyway and managed to lure the kitty with the broken leg into a
trap on Memorial Day. She had to have the leg amputated a few days later.
Those *******s left her out there with a chronic infection in the broken leg
for over a year and had the brass to tell us they didn't need our help. I
don't know if the leg could have been saved if they had acted promptly or
not but she would have been younger and probably easier to socialize.

Here's my girl before her surgery
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490073.jpg

This one was taken the other day after she got her stitches out
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490071.jpg

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 05:23 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Phil P. wrote:
>
> > All I could for her was end her suffering. Her owners' are just
beginning.

> Phil, what a nightmare for that poor creature. I am sick to my stomach.
> I can't imagine the rage you must feel over this.

I've cooled down to a rage. If I found the owners a few days ago, I'd be
posting this from a jail cell now.

> Bless you for putting her out of her misery. I hope you are able to
> identify the owners and the vet and take them to task.

The cops wouldn't even start an investigation. So be it.

> I have co-workers in that area. I am going to send this information to
> them and ask them to spread the word. I will contact you via email if I
> get any leads.

Thanks. I can't let this go.

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 05:23 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Phil P." > wrote :
> >
> > Call it whatever you like- but I want to find the people who allowed her
> > suffer and then dump her. But I *really* want to find the vet who
> > performed
> > the declaw surgery on cat that was already in pain.
> >

> Jesus, I am so sorry she went through this. I hope you find the
> perpetrators.

There's not much I can do, legally... but that still leaves a whole lot that
I can do. I just can't let what happened to this cat go.

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 05:24 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Lynne wrote:
>
> > I will contact you via email if I get any leads.
>
> er, anyone with information will contact you directly. I have just sent
> out a plea for help. I wish I could do something to help.

Thanks, Lynne.

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 05:28 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > I think orange females are fairly rare. Maybe that will help identify
her.

> That is a very good point. I've never met or even heard of an orange
> female, not that I can recall.

I have two orange sisters:

http://maxshouse.com/chelsey__cricket.htm

> That poor, poor, beautiful girl...

Since there can't be any justice, I'll settle for vengeance.

cybercat
June 16th 08, 05:33 AM
"Phil P." > wrote>
> There's not much I can do, legally... but that still leaves a whole lot
> that
> I can do. I just can't let what happened to this cat go.

Phil, be careful.

cybercat
June 16th 08, 05:34 AM
"Wendy" > wrote

> Here's my girl before her surgery
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490073.jpg
>
> This one was taken the other day after she got her stitches out
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490071.jpg

She is yours now?

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 05:56 AM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

> Jesus Christ! Just when you think you've heard the worst, a story like
this
> comes along!

Take a look at Bitsy the black & white cat and the 2 dogs we rescued
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters.htm One of the dogs, Rusty, was trying
to drag himself to the side of road after being hit by car when anther car
swerved to hit him again intentionally. He's ok, now.

> Poor, poor kitty girl.

I shudder to think what they did to her because she was aggressive from the
pain.

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 06:51 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Phil P." > wrote>
> > There's not much I can do, legally... but that still leaves a whole lot
> > that
> > I can do. I just can't let what happened to this cat go.
> >

> Phil, be careful.

Thanks. I'm not stupid. I know what to do and how to do it when the time
comes.

I've been at a rolling boil all month. I'm sick to death of assholes.

We've had 5 returns of doubles- brothers and brother & sister- all after a
year to year and a half- all because of "allergies". All those people were
in their 30s to 50s- and didn't know they were allergic to cats? --- and it
took over a year of living with cats to realize they're allergic? Not one
had any symptoms when they returned the cats. Only one cried. Once actually
asked for part of the adoption fee back.

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/JillJoJo-web.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/MiloMoli-new_b.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/NicholasDustin.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/ApolloPandora_18mos.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm (adopted)

I'm more worried than happy when a cat gets adopted because I'm afraid the
adoptives might turn out like the slime that dumped Julie.

Lynne
June 16th 08, 01:35 PM
Phil P. wrote:

> Take a look at Bitsy the black & white cat and the 2 dogs we rescued
> http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters.htm One of the dogs, Rusty, was trying
> to drag himself to the side of road after being hit by car when anther car
> swerved to hit him again intentionally. He's ok, now.

Oh, Phil... I have no words. I am both deeply saddened and murderously
angry.

> I shudder to think what they did to her because she was aggressive from the
> pain.

The thoughts of what I would like to do to such people aren't pretty.

Phil, this is all so horrific, and I can only glimpse the range of
emotions you must go through on a regular basis (as I sit here with
tears in my eyes). Please never lose sight of just how crucially
important the work you do really is. You truly are a saint and savior
to those poor creatures. THANK YOU.

Lynne
June 16th 08, 01:37 PM
Wendy wrote:

> We found this group when we were following up on a phone call about kittens
> at that location. We didn't find any kittens. Apparently employees of
> surrounding businesses had taken the kittens home already. What we did find
> is infuriating me. There are people back there who have been feeding for a
> few years. They were aware of one particular kitten who's leg got broken
> LAST SUMMER when she was just a small kitten. The idiots left her out there.
> When we were talking to them trying to find out how many cats were there,
> who had been pregnant recently etc. they told us that we were butting in
> where we weren't wanted and that they didn't need our help. We've been
> trapping anyway and managed to lure the kitty with the broken leg into a
> trap on Memorial Day. She had to have the leg amputated a few days later.
> Those *******s left her out there with a chronic infection in the broken leg
> for over a year and had the brass to tell us they didn't need our help. I
> don't know if the leg could have been saved if they had acted promptly or
> not but she would have been younger and probably easier to socialize.
>
> Here's my girl before her surgery
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490073.jpg
>
> This one was taken the other day after she got her stitches out
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490071.jpg

How you didn't smash heads over this is beyond me. I want to thank you
for the work you do, too, Wendy.

free.teranews.com
June 16th 08, 06:32 PM
"Lynne" > wrote >
> Phil, this is all so horrific, and I can only glimpse the range of
> emotions you must go through on a regular basis (as I sit here with tears
> in my eyes). Please never lose sight of just how crucially important the
> work you do really is. You truly are a saint and savior to those poor
> creatures. THANK YOU.

I felt exactly the same way. Phil is made of stronger stuff than I am, and
it is a good thing someone is.

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 06:46 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Phil P. wrote:
>
> > Take a look at Bitsy the black & white cat and the 2 dogs we rescued
> > http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters.htm One of the dogs, Rusty, was
trying
> > to drag himself to the side of road after being hit by car when anther
car
> > swerved to hit him again intentionally. He's ok, now.
>
> Oh, Phil... I have no words. I am both deeply saddened and murderously
> angry.
>
> > I shudder to think what they did to her because she was aggressive from
the
> > pain.
>
> The thoughts of what I would like to do to such people aren't pretty.
>
> Phil, this is all so horrific, and I can only glimpse the range of
> emotions you must go through on a regular basis (as I sit here with
> tears in my eyes). Please never lose sight of just how crucially
> important the work you do really is. You truly are a saint and savior
> to those poor creatures. THANK YOU.

I have some help staying focused:

http://maxshouse.com/kittens_June_14.htm

Phil P.
June 16th 08, 07:56 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message

> --------
> My stomach is churning, and I can't stop crying.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

My stomach is in knots in every adoption- whether I'm present or not-
because I never know if the adoptives will turn out to be assholes like
Julie's. No matter how thoroughly we screen and investigate a prospective
adoptive, its still a crap-shoot. I've rejected "perfect" applications on
nothing more than a gut feeling. As much as I don't want to place cats in
the wrong homes, I also don't want to prevent them from getting a good home.
Situations like this one with Julie, makes me even more apprehensive. How
do you think the person who placed Julie would feel if s/he knew what
happened? I know how I would feel.

Phil

Riannon via CatKB.com
June 16th 08, 08:50 PM
Phil P. wrote:
>http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

When it comes to some humans and the way they treat animals nothing surprises
me anymore but it always saddens me tremendously. We can only hope that
there is something in the end - someone or something that you have to answer
to for your behaviour on earth to innocent creatures who did nothing to
deserve cruel treatment. Although this is very small consolation, at least
she was found by you - who amazes me with his kind-heartedness and knowledge -
which means that her last hours on this earth were spent with a person who
cared more about her than the dispicable owner who dumped her. I hope her
little face haunts him/her in their sleep, but I very much doubt it will.

Riannon

Outsider
June 16th 08, 10:52 PM
"Riannon via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

......the dispicable owner who dumped her. I hope her little face
> haunts him/her in their sleep, but I very much doubt it will.
>
> Riannon

I would not discount anything but we _know_ the face will haunt Phil and
those who took care of her and that sucks.

Andy

Wendy
June 17th 08, 01:46 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Wendy" > wrote
>
>> Here's my girl before her surgery
>> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490073.jpg
>>
>> This one was taken the other day after she got her stitches out
>> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/19888833/321490071.jpg
>>

> She is yours now?

I'm fostering her.

Phil P.
June 17th 08, 07:44 PM
"Riannon via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Phil P. wrote:
> >http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm
>
> When it comes to some humans and the way they treat animals nothing
surprises
> me anymore but it always saddens me tremendously. We can only hope that
> there is something in the end - someone or something that you have to
answer
> to for your behaviour on earth to innocent creatures who did nothing to
> deserve cruel treatment. Although this is very small consolation, at
least
> she was found by you - who amazes me with his kind-heartedness and
knowledge -
> which means that her last hours on this earth were spent with a person who
> cared more about her than the dispicable owner who dumped her. I hope her
> little face haunts him/her in their sleep, but I very much doubt it will.

They probably think they did they did the right thing. They probably think
they're compassionate people because they didn't leave her on the side of
the road or throw her in her carrier in a dumpster like a lot people do. I
guess I should to be thankful her owners left her in a safe place where she
would be found quickly. It could have been much worse. So, on a scale for
low-lifes of 1-10, (10 being the worst) they rate a 9.

Almost any vet would end an animal's suffering for no charge if the owners
couldn't pay rather than let the animal suffer. So, they have no excuse for
allowing her to suffer for so long.

Phil

June 17th 08, 08:19 PM
In article <[email protected]>, says...

> "Riannon via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Phil P. wrote:
> > >http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm
> >
> > When it comes to some humans and the way they treat animals nothing
> surprises
> > me anymore but it always saddens me tremendously. We can only hope that
> > there is something in the end - someone or something that you have to
> answer
> > to for your behaviour on earth to innocent creatures who did nothing to
> > deserve cruel treatment. Although this is very small consolation, at
> least
> > she was found by you - who amazes me with his kind-heartedness and
> knowledge -
> > which means that her last hours on this earth were spent with a person who
> > cared more about her than the dispicable owner who dumped her. I hope her
> > little face haunts him/her in their sleep, but I very much doubt it will.
> >

> They probably think they did they did the right thing. They probably think
> they're compassionate people because they didn't leave her on the side of
> the road or throw her in her carrier in a dumpster like a lot people do. I
> guess I should to be thankful her owners left her in a safe place where she
> would be found quickly. It could have been much worse. So, on a scale for
> low-lifes of 1-10, (10 being the worst) they rate a 9.
>
> Almost any vet would end an animal's suffering for no charge if the owners
> couldn't pay rather than let the animal suffer. So, they have no excuse for
> allowing her to suffer for so long.
>
> Phil

A lot of animal shelters now charge you to drop a former pet off.

They should do for pets what they've done for infants. Instead of
prosecuting the pet owner or mother, make it a no-questions asked drop
off.

Phil P.
June 18th 08, 03:53 AM
"T" > wrote in message
. ..

> A lot of animal shelters now charge you to drop a former pet off.
>
> They should do for pets what they've done for infants. Instead of
> prosecuting the pet owner or mother, make it a no-questions asked drop
> off.

Some idiot thought charging a surrender fee would reduce the number of
animals surrendered to shelters by their owners. It did. Instead of
bringing their animals to a shelter, people dumped them on the side of a
road or in parking lots or wherever was convenient. Surrender fees are a
very bad idea. A lot of shelters try to talk the people into keeping their
pet by laying a guilt trip on them. It may work, temporarily,- until the
guilt trip wears off. Then, they'll just dump the animal somewhere so they
don't have to hear the guilt trip again.

Last week Channel 2 News and the regional newspaper in my area interviewed
us about how the economy was forcing people to surrender their pets to
shelters- or just dump them because they couldn't afford pet food and
veterinary care. They edited out the part where I said "these people need
to get their priorities in order. Its kinda hard feeling sorry for people
who drive up in a brand new Escalade or Navigator or some other big-ticket
car whining about not being able to afford pet food". I was ****ed- what
can I say?

CatNipped[_2_]
June 18th 08, 05:44 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "T" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> A lot of animal shelters now charge you to drop a former pet off.
>>
>> They should do for pets what they've done for infants. Instead of
>> prosecuting the pet owner or mother, make it a no-questions asked drop
>> off.
>
> Some idiot thought charging a surrender fee would reduce the number of
> animals surrendered to shelters by their owners. It did. Instead of
> bringing their animals to a shelter, people dumped them on the side of a
> road or in parking lots or wherever was convenient. Surrender fees are a
> very bad idea. A lot of shelters try to talk the people into keeping their
> pet by laying a guilt trip on them. It may work, temporarily,- until the
> guilt trip wears off. Then, they'll just dump the animal somewhere so
> they
> don't have to hear the guilt trip again.
>
> Last week Channel 2 News and the regional newspaper in my area interviewed
> us about how the economy was forcing people to surrender their pets to
> shelters- or just dump them because they couldn't afford pet food and
> veterinary care. They edited out the part where I said "these people need
> to get their priorities in order. Its kinda hard feeling sorry for people
> who drive up in a brand new Escalade or Navigator or some other big-ticket
> car whining about not being able to afford pet food". I was ****ed- what
> can I say?

True. I've done without snack foods or restaurant lunches, along with
getting rid of premium cable subscriptions and a lot of other unnecessary
"luxuries" when our finances get tight - but the cats always have their
premium food and vet care. I don't know what it would take for me to have
to surrender one of my babies (maybe being homeless if things get really
bad - and here in the US that's happening more and more as our economy falls
apart).

To play devil's advocate, though. A lot of times things are going well for
a family so they have big cars and other things that are, to me, luxury
items - no problem with that if you can afford it. But then something
happens, a job gets lost, a major illness drains life savings, whatever, and
there they are stuck with those luxury items (those that haven't been
repossessed) but still have no money to live on (even selling a car won't
help because 1) nobody is buying big cars in light of the gas price hike,
and 2) they would still have to make the payments on the car because they
surely won't get the cost of pay-off of a new car by selling it as used).

The number of people losing their homes just now in the US is at crisis
proportions as the housing boom turns into a housing bust. The US economy
is falling apart like a house of cards - first the lending/mortgage crisis,
then unaffordable gas prices (which will filter down to the cost of
everything that gets transported across the US, which is everything), then
when businesses get hit because of that people will start losing their jobs
and it will just spiral down even more. One of the results of this is that
as more people lose their homes more pets will be surrendered - it's
heartbreaking. I really don't know what I'd do if that happened to me, I
don't even like to consider it.

Again, I'd skip my own food before giving up one of my clowder, but I don't
think that everyone has the same value system I have (nor do I think they
should), so I try to be understanding when I can. We probably just don't
know the story behind everything we see as being selfish or uncaring.

Hugs,

CatNipped

gfc
June 23rd 08, 08:18 PM
On Jun 15, 12:05*pm, "Phil P." > wrote:
> http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

How horrible. When I read stuff like this it makes me wonder whether
seemingly normal looking people we see walking around are really
mentally deranged. I hope there is justice in this world and that
those monster get to suffer the same amount of pain that they
inflicted on that poor animal. I also hope you find the people you
are looking for. I can help you with the reward.

GFC