PDA

View Full Version : Meep earns her "TravelCat" title again.

jmc
June 16th 08, 04:51 AM
So, we all survived. Those who've read my posts know that Meep and I
recently lived in Australia. Now we don't :)

Poor Meep had a longer trip than us to get to the US - we flew pretty
much straight to where we are. She had to fly a circuitous route to get
here, about 1k air miles longer, due to possible weather delays at an
airport that'd actually make sense to ship her to.

Anyway, we picked her up from the airport two days ago. She was tired
but otherwise in better fettle than any other previous trip. Not sure
how much of that was "oh no not again" and how much was the
Amytryptyline she's on. At any rate, she's quite relaxed here in the
hotel room, curled up below hubby's feet. She didn't even bury under
her box bedding when the maid came in this morning (we have arrangements
with the maids that they do us first, I put her in the box for safety).

We rest here for a few days, then we get back into the truck for our
cross-country journey.

jmc

Candace
June 17th 08, 06:24 AM
On Jun 15, 8:51*pm, jmc > wrote:
> So, we all survived. *Those who've read my posts know that Meep and I
> recently lived in Australia. *Now we don't :)
>
> Poor Meep had a longer trip than us to get to the US - we flew pretty
> much straight to where we are. *She had to fly a circuitous route to get
> here, about 1k air miles longer, due to possible weather delays at an
> airport that'd actually make sense to ship her to.
>
> Anyway, we picked her up from the airport two days ago. *She was tired
> but otherwise in better fettle than any other previous trip. *Not sure
> how much of that was "oh no not again" and how much was the
> Amytryptyline she's on. *At any rate, she's quite relaxed here in the
> hotel room, curled up below hubby's feet. *She didn't even bury under
> her box bedding when the maid came in this morning (we have arrangements
> with the maids that they do us first, I put her in the box for safety).
>
> We rest here for a few days, then we get back into the truck for our
> cross-country journey.
>
> jmc

That's a relief. She has a lot of miles on her!

Candace

jmc
June 18th 08, 04:42 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (6/16/2008 11:24 PM):
> On Jun 15, 8:51 pm, jmc > wrote:
>> So, we all survived. Those who've read my posts know that Meep and I
>> recently lived in Australia. Now we don't :)
>>
>> Poor Meep had a longer trip than us to get to the US - we flew pretty
>> much straight to where we are. She had to fly a circuitous route to get
>> here, about 1k air miles longer, due to possible weather delays at an
>> airport that'd actually make sense to ship her to.
>>
>> Anyway, we picked her up from the airport two days ago. She was tired
>> but otherwise in better fettle than any other previous trip. Not sure
>> how much of that was "oh no not again" and how much was the
>> Amytryptyline she's on. At any rate, she's quite relaxed here in the
>> hotel room, curled up below hubby's feet. She didn't even bury under
>> her box bedding when the maid came in this morning (we have arrangements
>> with the maids that they do us first, I put her in the box for safety).
>>
>> We rest here for a few days, then we get back into the truck for our
>> cross-country journey.
>>
>> jmc
>
> That's a relief. She has a lot of miles on her!
>
> Candace

And more to come. We're in the West at the moment, we've got about 3000
miles to go before we're finally home. Bit worried about the midwest
flooding, I don't want to be stuck east of the Mississippi until the
roads are fixed :( we usually travel I-90 to I-80.

jmc