PDA

View Full Version : Another Horrible Vet Experience-Repeated

repeat
June 17th 08, 07:58 PM
This thread is being repeated as it "disappeared" from several
newservers with some idiot flames and other irrelevant stuff snipped out.

===

> [...]
>> shy. If he had actually been feral, you'd likely be missing large
>> parts of your hide, assuming you could have gotten near him in the
>> first place.
>
>> That said, he may well have been someone's barn cat or pet that was
>> dumped or wandering. Toms'll do that. If he'd been on his own for
>> awhile, he might have been more skittish than normal. If he'd been a
>> pet, he might have been craving attention to the point of letting his
>> social needs override his natural instinct to stay away from
>> strangers.
>
> The vet seemed to think he had been out there awhile. He had broken
> teeth (one with a nerve exposed), an abcess, etc.
>
>> > With 5 animals I can try out a few different ones without too much
>> > trouble. Any thoughts?
>
>> There's nothing wrong with trying out different vets, if that's your
>> question.
>
> No actually I was trying to figure out what caused it to go down the way
> it did. Did she not give enough sedative? Were there contributing
> factors that caused the delay, etc.
>
> Kathy
>
> FurPaw
> More options Jun 14, 11:06 pm
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior
> From: FurPaw >
> Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 21:06:00 -0600
> Subject: Re: Aaaghhh! Another horrible vet experience.
> Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
> original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
>
> kat wrote:
>> Was
>> this vet error? Something that just 'happens' occasionally?
>
> According to my regular vet, it sometimes happens, although it's
> pretty rare. And pretty awful for both the human and pet to have
> to go through.
>
> I haven't wanted to write about it, but Chile's euthanasia went
> badly. The vet who was working the morning we took her in is new
> and inexperienced. She tried to put a catheter into Chile's
> veins, twice, but the veins both collapsed. At that point I
> insisted on a sedative, and so she gave her a big honking dose of
> Ace, which did knock her out. (Not for future: INSIST on a
> sedative first. Even though it hadn't been necessary for two
> prior chihuahuas. In your case, even the sedative didn't seem to
> work - bigger dose needed in an animal with high adrenaline
> levels?) After 20 minutes the euthanasia injection had slowed
> but not stopped Chile's heart, and she ended up giving Chile an
> injection directly in the heart. Chile was unconscious through
> all of this. Hubster and I weren't, although we managed to hold
> it together; letting out the silent scream would have just made
> everything worse for all concerned.
>
> The on-call vet also felt awful, and was practically in tears
> herself. They didn't charge us for the euthanasia, and I didn't
> have to ask.
>
> I hope it never happens to you and your animal again. Or me, or

dgk
June 18th 08, 01:55 PM
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:58:31 +0200 (CEST), repeat >
wrote:

>This thread is being repeated as it "disappeared" from several
>newservers with some idiot flames and other irrelevant stuff snipped out.
>
>===
>

>> This thread is being repeated as it "disappeared" from several
>> newservers with some idiot flames snipped out.
>>
>> ========

There is an astonishing new invention called a paragraph. It makes it
possible to read things that otherwise is too tough on the eyes.

cybercat
June 18th 08, 02:02 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:58:31 +0200 (CEST), repeat >
> wrote:
>
>>This thread is being repeated as it "disappeared" from several
>>newservers with some idiot flames and other irrelevant stuff snipped out.
>>
>>===
>>

>>> This thread is being repeated as it "disappeared" from several
>>> newservers with some idiot flames snipped out.
>>>
>>> ========

> There is an astonishing new invention called a paragraph. It makes it
> possible to read things that otherwise is too tough on the eyes.

This is the same asshole who is posting under various names, the message
always anti-vet. And he has been here before. A regular mental giant.

Outsider
June 18th 08, 08:16 PM
dgk > wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:58:31 +0200 (CEST), repeat >
> wrote:
>
>>This thread is being repeated as it "disappeared" from several
>>newservers with some idiot flames and other irrelevant stuff snipped out.
>>
>>===
>>

>>> This thread is being repeated as it "disappeared" from several
>>> newservers with some idiot flames snipped out.
>>>
>>> ========

> There is an astonishing new invention called a paragraph. It makes it
> possible to read things that otherwise is too tough on the eyes.

I offer a wonderful service. I sell punctuation marks and paragraph breaks
to those who can't afford to buy them in bulk. I charge one dollar each
and accept personal checks. All instruments are returned in plain, brown
envelopes to avoid embarrassment.

Andy