PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: this is not a troll

BuZZard[_2_]
June 24th 08, 05:40 AM
ok.. i have trolled this group a few times.. but this is not
a troll.
I am a severe cat lover.. and I friggen love cats.. indiscriminatly,
more especially, my patches.
I have to give an update.. last night. her breathing was
a tiny bit gargly.. i pat'ed her lungs. .for an hour last night.
this morning.. i woke up to a old kitty very very thirsty.
she drank ALOT of water today.
I opened the front door of my home.. and today.or rather
early yesterday morning. .. she really wanted to go outside.. just
to sit. or lay.. so i took a towel outside, and placed her on the towel in
the flowers...
she loved it.. in fact. she dragged herself as i worked on my truck.
from spot to spot. eventually resting on my portch.
She has allways been incredibly healthy.
and this night.. even tho she hasnt ate in over a week, i find her
in super high spirts. she is drinking water. lots of water.. and she
is passing it without any discolor.
in the morning. I am going to give her the food treatment. as cheryl
has suggested..
I am amazed with her.
The doctor said he saw no reason to put her down and that she would
heal. My main concern here is her eating at this point. Tonight, she has
no gurgle to her lungs.. i cant hear it.. even if i put my ear to her chest.
My dog snores louder. heh.
I am just looking for any light at the end of the tunnel as i have been
awake
with this kitty for over a week tending to her every need.
I pet her.. she purrz.. i give her water.. she drinks up...
she sits up with her front legs.. but nothing going on as far as putting
pressure on
her rear legs.. however.. she can move her rear legs.. and today.. after she
drank water.. she started to flip her tail around.. something she hasnt done
in over a week.One leg has a scab on it from what i expect was her leg being
smashed into the concrete..
In fact.. as i continue to the look at this kitty.. her body wasnt ran
over..
it was her foot. .. which in turn.. bent and snapped her back bone.. her
insides are fine. No bleeding.. no problems with urine.
At this second. she is cleaning herself.. licking her rear end..
As i see it right now.. she is very very healthy.. and not on deaths door.
she has a broken back. that didnt severe the spinal cord.
she has feeling in both legs. and tail... and i am very optomistic about
her recovery.
She still loves her sqeeky mouse cheryl.. and she is looking at me right now
as
if she knows i am typing to you. She is a vey happy cat. not in pain..
just a bit out of commision at this time..
I thank all of you for your support.. and will be keeping you informed of
her
condition as long as i can before my internet gets shut off for a few..

jeff

cybercat
June 24th 08, 05:46 AM
"BuZZard" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> ok.. i have trolled this group a few times.. but this is not
> a troll.
> I am a severe cat lover.. and I friggen love cats.. indiscriminatly,
> more especially, my patches.
[snips]

Buzz, Cheryl is so right, the most important thing is that you get food
into her.
They really cannot go this long without serious problems. You might not lose
her
if you can get food into her tomorrow.

BuZZard[_2_]
June 24th 08, 05:54 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "BuZZard" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> ok.. i have trolled this group a few times.. but this is not
>> a troll.
>> I am a severe cat lover.. and I friggen love cats.. indiscriminatly,
>> more especially, my patches.
> [snips]
>>

> Buzz, Cheryl is so right, the most important thing is that you get food
> into her.
> They really cannot go this long without serious problems. You might not
> lose her
> if you can get food into her tomorrow.

i have just tried before i started posting a few ago. to give her gravy
from the salsbury steaks from tongiht.. but i could hardly eat that crap
myself.. so i dont blame her..
Tuna is her most favorite thing in the world.. and tomorrow.. she will get
some of that first thing in the morning.. as she wakes up..
I dont think she can turn it down.

On the same note.. what if she knows she cant take a crap? So she dont eat?
I have got food down her three.. four days ago.. i got her to swallow about
20 pieces of dry food. and it wasnt easy.. hell.. i just figured out how to
give her the antibiotics .. and it is easy now that i know..
I will shove that food down her until that friggen "i am hungry' light comes
on.. i swear.. I AM FIGHTING FOR HER.. i am on her side.. and she has alot
of love to give yet..
Any suggestions are welcome beyond what i can appreciate.
thank you,
Jeff

Matthew[_3_]
June 24th 08, 06:21 AM
JEFF NEVER GIVE ANY CAT THAT TYPE OF GRAVY IT HAS ONIONS IN IT

Jeff have you tried the baby food or rice pudding

Forget the dry food that will cause a problem after not eating for so long

You said she loves tuna what about the juice or have you
trying to wipe it across her mouth out of instinct she will lick her lips

I mean you can also use Gatorade if you can get it down her

Jeff I know you want to do this home but it has been days a vet will need to
put her on fluids and maybe a feeding tube

I would almost say she is dehydrated right now. if you can pull the cats
skin more than a little bit away from the cat it is dehydrated and needs to
get fluids ASAP

http://www.maxshouse.com/first_aid2.htm some info
http://www.maxshouse.com/Enteral-Assisted_Feeding.htm

"BuZZard" > wrote in message
news:y6%[email protected]

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "BuZZard" > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> ok.. i have trolled this group a few times.. but this is not
>>> a troll.
>>> I am a severe cat lover.. and I friggen love cats.. indiscriminatly,
>>> more especially, my patches.
>> [snips]
>>>

>> Buzz, Cheryl is so right, the most important thing is that you get food
>> into her.
>> They really cannot go this long without serious problems. You might not
>> lose her
>> if you can get food into her tomorrow.
>
> i have just tried before i started posting a few ago. to give her gravy
> from the salsbury steaks from tongiht.. but i could hardly eat that crap
> myself.. so i dont blame her..
> Tuna is her most favorite thing in the world.. and tomorrow.. she will get
> some of that first thing in the morning.. as she wakes up..
> I dont think she can turn it down.
>
> On the same note.. what if she knows she cant take a crap? So she dont
> eat?
> I have got food down her three.. four days ago.. i got her to swallow
> about 20 pieces of dry food. and it wasnt easy.. hell.. i just figured out
> how to give her the antibiotics .. and it is easy now that i know..
> I will shove that food down her until that friggen "i am hungry' light
> comes on.. i swear.. I AM FIGHTING FOR HER.. i am on her side.. and she
> has alot of love to give yet..
> Any suggestions are welcome beyond what i can appreciate.
> thank you,
> Jeff

cybercat
June 24th 08, 06:24 AM
"BuZZard" > wrote

> i have just tried before i started posting a few ago. to give her gravy
> from the salsbury steaks from tongiht.. but i could hardly eat that crap
> myself.. so i dont blame her..

Way too salty, too.

> Tuna is her most favorite thing in the world.. and tomorrow.. she will get
> some of that first thing in the morning.. as she wakes up..
> I dont think she can turn it down.

My cat loves this too. And the baby food, that will be mild and easy on her.

> On the same note.. what if she knows she cant take a crap? So she dont
> eat?

Why can't she poop? Or do you mean she can't go to the box? I don't think
she would know that, or care if she did, but I can see why you might wonder,
as they are so clean. She has to be able to poop, or she will die for sure.
think you mean, that she can't go in her box, right?

> I have got food down her three.. four days ago.. i got her to swallow
> about 20 pieces of dry food. and it wasnt easy.. hell..

Ahh, now this sounds better, she has had a little.

>i just figured out how to give her the antibiotics .. and it is easy now
>that i know..
> I will shove that food down her until that friggen "i am hungry' light
> comes on.. i swear.. I AM FIGHTING FOR HER.. i am on her side.. and she
> has alot of love to give yet..

Buzz, it seems weird that her back is broken but she moves her tail and gets
around. Did the vet say to keep her quiet, or let her move around? Because
if her back is broken she needs to heal.

> Any suggestions are welcome beyond what i can appreciate.
> thank you,

Can you get some Fancy Feast, the kind with gravy? That stuff is like kitty
crack. Try the one called Tender Beef Feast, it is juicy and smelly just
like
they love.

Hang in there.

(And by the way, I was here for the Katrina troll and it was funny. You got
me,
too. I don't hold it against you, lol!)

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
June 24th 08, 08:20 AM
"BuZZard" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [...]
> it was her foot. .. which in turn.. bent and snapped her back bone.. her
> insides are fine. No bleeding.. no problems with urine.
> At this second. she is cleaning herself.. licking her rear end..
> As i see it right now.. she is very very healthy.. and not on deaths door.
> she has a broken back. that didnt severe the spinal cord.
> she has feeling in both legs. and tail... and i am very optomistic about
> her recovery.
> She still loves her sqeeky mouse cheryl.. and she is looking at me right
> now as
> if she knows i am typing to you. She is a vey happy cat. not in pain..
> just a bit out of commision at this time..
> I thank all of you for your support.. and will be keeping you informed of
> her
> condition as long as i can before my internet gets shut off for a few..

If this is not a troll I have this to say - get your cat to a ****ing vet!
Enough already, this is lame. The cat could be dehydrated, all kinds of
problems. Are you so poor you can't afford vet care? This is nonsense and
you're acting like an idiot. A broken spine and the cat is not in a cast?
You want us to believe a vet let a cat go with a broken back and a "clean"
bill of health? Like broken backs with no spinal cord damage never progress
to spinal cord damage? Uh huh.

Paul

> jeff

Rene S.
June 24th 08, 05:24 PM
On Jun 24, 12:21*am, "Matthew" >
wrote:
> JEFF NEVER GIVE ANY CAT THAT TYPE OF GRAVY IT HAS ONIONS IN IT
>
> Jeff have you tried the baby food or rice pudding
>
> Forget the dry food that will cause a problem after not eating for so long
>
> You said she loves tuna what about the juice or have you
> trying to wipe it across her mouth out of instinct she will lick her lips
>
> I mean you can also use Gatorade if you can get it down her
>
> Jeff I know you want to do this home but it has been days a vet will need to
> put her on fluids and maybe a feeding tube
>
> I would almost say she is dehydrated right now. *if you can pull the cats
> skin more than a little bit away from the cat *it is dehydrated and needs to
> get fluids ASAP

Please call your vet and get a bag of fluids and an IV to give her sub-
Q fluids into her. It's not expensive and you can do it yourself at
home (Ask your vet to show you how). Also, ask for some canned Hills A/
D. It's a palatable food that you can feed her temporarily, or try
Fancy Feast canned.

You can also ask your vet about cyproheptadine (sp?) tablets. They are
an inexpensive antihistimine that stimulate appetite. PLEASE get food
into her TODAY. She may be acting "happy" but it won't last long
without food. Don't delay.