PDA

View Full Version : sick kitten :[

czechmate
June 28th 08, 10:33 PM
i'm new here. i have two female stray cats in my back yard that i've been
taking care of. recently i became a mommy of 8 beautiful kittens, 4 a piece.
the first mommy went missing for 3 days, so the other momma (toni) took to
feeding the other 4 in addition to hers. 2 of the kittens are now in my house
with me, and the other 6 are outside waitin' for good homes.

my problem is, i noticed one of my kittens, who's about 6 weeks old now,
jolene, is a bit off. she seemed so laid back and sweet natured at first. but
when i went outside to feed them about 3 days ago and hold them all, she was
off by herself, and when i picked her up, i noticed she had yellow-green goop
on her bum and she wasn't eating, she had no want to fight for food like the
rest. i got her a plate of food for her own, and she wouldn't touch it. my
mom went out to see them today, and she told me she definitely thinks she's
sick and isn't going to make it much longer. i can't afford to take her to
the vet, but i have no idea what could be wrong with her or how to go about
it. i'm terrified she might have feline leukemia, and then all 8 of my babies
will have it too.

please, if any of you could give me a clue as to what i'm getting into,
before i take her to the vet and they tell me she'll die, please help me. :[

blkcatgal
June 28th 08, 11:56 PM
You really need to take the kitten to the vet. But I think you already know
that. Ask them if you can do a payment plan. Some vets will let you do
this. Or try calling your local humane society. Many offer veterinarian
services at a discount. Good luck. I hope it is nothing serious and your
kitten is okay.

S.
---
"czechmate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> i'm new here. i have two female stray cats in my back yard that i've been
> taking care of. recently i became a mommy of 8 beautiful kittens, 4 a
> piece.
> the first mommy went missing for 3 days, so the other momma (toni) took to
> feeding the other 4 in addition to hers. 2 of the kittens are now in my
> house
> with me, and the other 6 are outside waitin' for good homes.
>
> my problem is, i noticed one of my kittens, who's about 6 weeks old now,
> jolene, is a bit off. she seemed so laid back and sweet natured at first.
> but
> when i went outside to feed them about 3 days ago and hold them all, she
> was
> off by herself, and when i picked her up, i noticed she had yellow-green
> goop
> on her bum and she wasn't eating, she had no want to fight for food like
> the
> rest. i got her a plate of food for her own, and she wouldn't touch it. my
> mom went out to see them today, and she told me she definitely thinks
> she's
> sick and isn't going to make it much longer. i can't afford to take her to
> the vet, but i have no idea what could be wrong with her or how to go
> about
> it. i'm terrified she might have feline leukemia, and then all 8 of my
> babies
> will have it too.
>
> please, if any of you could give me a clue as to what i'm getting into,
> before i take her to the vet and they tell me she'll die, please help me.
> :[

cshenk
June 29th 08, 01:27 AM
"czechmate" wrote

> i'm new here. i have two female stray cats in my back yard that i've been
> taking care of. recently i became a mommy of 8 beautiful kittens, 4 a
> piece.
> the first mommy went missing for 3 days, so the other momma (toni) took to
> feeding the other 4 in addition to hers. 2 of the kittens are now in my
> house
> with me, and the other 6 are outside waitin' for good homes.
>
> my problem is, i noticed one of my kittens, who's about 6 weeks old now,
> jolene, is a bit off. she seemed so laid back and sweet natured at first.
> but
> when i went outside to feed them about 3 days ago and hold them all, she
> was
> off by herself, and when i picked her up, i noticed she had yellow-green
> goop
> on her bum and she wasn't eating, she had no want to fight for food like
> the
> rest. i got her a plate of food for her own, and she wouldn't touch it. my
> mom went out to see them today, and she told me she definitely thinks
> she's
> sick and isn't going to make it much longer. i can't afford to take her to
> the vet, but i have no idea what could be wrong with her or how to go
> about
> it. i'm terrified she might have feline leukemia, and then all 8 of my
> babies
> will have it too.

Feline Leukemia isnt that fast so it's something else. Separate the kitten
as best as you can from all others since you have no way to take her to the
vet. Obvious a vet is best.

Had you said it was one of the 2 mothers, I'd say she didnt dispell all the
'kittens or such' but 6 weeks is a bit long for that.