PDA

View Full Version : Found this under a truck!


Phil P.
June 30th 08, 10:47 AM
...covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!


http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg

Buddy's Mom
June 30th 08, 11:11 AM
Aw! What a doll baby!!!!

CatNipped[_2_]
June 30th 08, 02:16 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>
>

EEEEEEEEEKKK! Too..... much..... cuteness....... head..... is.....
exploding!!!!! ;>

What a sweetie - he won't be with you long.

Hugs,

CatNipped

blkcatgal
June 30th 08, 02:50 PM
What a cutie-pie!!!!

S.
--
**Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
---
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>
>

barb
June 30th 08, 03:07 PM
That's a beautiful kitten.

Barb

Matthew[_3_]
June 30th 08, 04:43 PM
way to go Phil
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>
>

cybercat
June 30th 08, 07:05 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>
Wow! Don't they call those markings "tabby point" or something similar?

Phil P.
July 1st 08, 12:07 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> > scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
> >
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
> >
> Wow! Don't they call those markings "tabby point" or something similar?


I think "seal tabby point" or "silver tabby point".

Here's another 'lil darlin' we found under the hood of an old truck- covered
in grease and fleas. Her mother must have left her there because she's too
small to have gotten there all by herself. We searched for almost 4 hours-
and went back twice but we couldn't find her mother or any siblings. I'll
try again tomorrow.

We thought we got her clean- until we put her on a white blanket.. Her fur
still has a little tinge of yellow.

Look at that face!

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg

T
July 1st 08, 06:25 PM
In article <[email protected]>, says...
>
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>
>
>

He's a cute kitten.

Spot[_2_]
July 2nd 08, 12:06 AM
OMG..........He's so adorable. Puts me in mind of my Miss Mushkins.

Celeste

"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>
>

-Lost
July 2nd 08, 12:43 AM
Response to "Phil P." >:

> Look at that face!

WOW! I'd take a junkyard kitty over a junkyard doggy any day.

> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg

Seriously, no offense... but is there something wrong like, blurry
about that picture? Or is it her tinge of yellow that is playing
tricks on me?

Maybe she's just extra fuzzy? : P Sorry, my therapist says it's
therapeutic to ramble in comfortable settings.

Back to the face... sheesh she's cute. Is her name going to be Lil'
Darlin', for now?

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

Phil P.
July 2nd 08, 01:30 AM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "Phil P." >:
>
> > Look at that face!
>
> WOW! I'd take a junkyard kitty over a junkyard doggy any day.
>
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg
>
> Seriously, no offense... but is there something wrong like, blurry
> about that picture? Or is it her tinge of yellow that is playing
> tricks on me?

I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a somewhat
slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO (1600). The high ISO
noise reduction and shallow depth of field have a softening effect which I
think is more pleasing. Razor sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious -
it looks too rough and coarse.

See the difference:


http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg

cybercat
July 2nd 08, 01:41 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "-Lost" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Response to "Phil P." >:
>>
>> > Look at that face!
>>
>> WOW! I'd take a junkyard kitty over a junkyard doggy any day.
>>
>> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg
>>
>> Seriously, no offense... but is there something wrong like, blurry
>> about that picture? Or is it her tinge of yellow that is playing
>> tricks on me?
>
> I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a somewhat
> slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO (1600). The high ISO
> noise reduction and shallow depth of field have a softening effect which I
> think is more pleasing. Razor sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious -
> it looks too rough and coarse.
>
> See the difference:
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg
>

She is so beautiful. I kind of like the sharper one.

Phil P.
July 2nd 08, 01:56 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "-Lost" > wrote in message
> > ...
> >> Response to "Phil P." >:
> >>
> >> > Look at that face!
> >>
> >> WOW! I'd take a junkyard kitty over a junkyard doggy any day.
> >>
> >> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg
> >>
> >> Seriously, no offense... but is there something wrong like, blurry
> >> about that picture? Or is it her tinge of yellow that is playing
> >> tricks on me?
> >
> > I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a somewhat
> > slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO (1600). The high ISO
> > noise reduction and shallow depth of field have a softening effect which
I
> > think is more pleasing. Razor sharp fur doesn't look soft and
luxurious -
> > it looks too rough and coarse.
> >
> > See the difference:
> >
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg
> >
>
> She is so beautiful. I kind of like the sharper one.


I like slightly softer images of cats.

cybercat
July 2nd 08, 02:23 AM
"Phil P." > wrote >>
>> She is so beautiful. I kind of like the sharper one.
>
>
> I like slightly softer images of cats.
>
>

They're beautiful either way. :) My Gracie has ticked fur, as many of them
do.

Phil P.
July 2nd 08, 03:39 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Phil P." > wrote >>
> >> She is so beautiful. I kind of like the sharper one.
> >
> >
> > I like slightly softer images of cats.
> >
> >
>
> They're beautiful either way. :)


They sure are!


My Gracie has ticked fur, as many of them
> do.

Most of them do. Its caused by the agouti gene.

Phil

-Lost
July 2nd 08, 06:21 AM
Response to "Phil P." >:

<snip>

> I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a
> somewhat slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO
> (1600). The high ISO noise reduction and shallow depth of field
> have a softening effect which I think is more pleasing. Razor
> sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious - it looks too rough and
> coarse.

I didn't think about the effects that played on adoptions. Smart.

> See the difference:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg

They're both nice, but I like the sharp one better too.

In the sharp one you can see Christie's nose glistening. ; P

Of course looking at her eyes in the sharp one is an action that will
take you to another realm.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

Phil P.
July 2nd 08, 07:21 AM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "Phil P." >:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I took the picture with a Nikon300 under available light with a
> > somewhat slow shutter speed and large aperture and high ISO
> > (1600). The high ISO noise reduction and shallow depth of field
> > have a softening effect which I think is more pleasing. Razor
> > sharp fur doesn't look soft and luxurious - it looks too rough and
> > coarse.
>
> I didn't think about the effects that played on adoptions. Smart.
>
> > See the difference:
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-sharp.jpg
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/misc/Christie-soft.jpg
>
> They're both nice, but I like the sharp one better too.
>
> In the sharp one you can see Christie's nose glistening. ; P
>
> Of course looking at her eyes in the sharp one is an action that will
> take you to another realm.

Reminds me of a quote:


"Cat eyes seem a bridge to a world

beyond the one we know"

Lynn Hollyn

Jean B.
July 3rd 08, 05:28 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>
>
What a beauty!

--
Jean B.

Jean B.
July 3rd 08, 05:30 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
>>> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>>>
>>>
>>> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>>>
>>> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>>>
>>> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg
>>>
>> Wow! Don't they call those markings "tabby point" or something similar?
>
>
> I think "seal tabby point" or "silver tabby point".
>
> Here's another 'lil darlin' we found under the hood of an old truck- covered
> in grease and fleas. Her mother must have left her there because she's too
> small to have gotten there all by herself. We searched for almost 4 hours-
> and went back twice but we couldn't find her mother or any siblings. I'll
> try again tomorrow.
>
> We thought we got her clean- until we put her on a white blanket.. Her fur
> still has a little tinge of yellow.
>
> Look at that face!
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg
>
Another beauty. Is she and the other kitten from the same place?

--
Jean B.

Meranda
July 3rd 08, 07:54 PM
On Jun 30, 5:47*am, "Phil P." > wrote:
> ..covered in grease and fleas. *He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg


Everything about this kitty is utterly adorable! :)


~m.

Phil P.
July 5th 08, 07:56 AM
"Jean B." > wrote in message
...
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/junkyard_kitten.jpg
> >
> Another beauty. Is she and the other kitten from the same place?

The same general area. Its a run down industrial area with a lot of
adjoining vacant lots that people in the area use as a dumping ground for
just about everything.

Phil

Phil P.
July 5th 08, 07:57 AM
"hopitus" > wrote in message
...
On Jun 30, 3:47 am, "Phil P." > wrote:
> ..covered in grease and fleas. He wasn't too happy about the baths and
> scrubbing, but he shined up like a brand new penny!
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_01.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_02.jpg
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Sparky_03.jpg

>He doesn't have a clue how lucky he is...as usual, bless you,
>Phil for continuing your chosen work to rescue cats from
>unthinkable lives as strays.

Thanks Hop.

I'm really looking forward to that body surf!

Phil