PDA

View Full Version : Touchy, Feely, Kissy, Sappy Cat People ...

cybercat
July 11th 08, 11:58 PM
Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
difference. I hope I have.

My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found that
lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more. :)

(Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think I
heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)

CatNipped[_2_]
July 12th 08, 01:48 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
> likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
> difference. I hope I have.

Truly good advice! I think Phil has a page on his web site that gives an
explanation of how you can periodically give your cats a quick home exam.

Yep, just made a quick trip to his site and found:
http://www.maxshouse.com/PreventativeHealth.htm

> My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found that
> lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more. :)
>
> (Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think I
> heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)

LOL! Yep, I do believe I've heard that a time or two myself! ;>

Seriously, Ben told me the other day that he accidentally caught Ozzy
speaking English when he was feeding the cats. When we feed them we put
their food bowls on top of deep plates filled with water so the ants we're
plagued with every summer can't get to their food. As he was walking across
the floor with the water-filled plates he happened to slosh quite a bit onto
Ozzy's head. He said Ozzy jumped up spun around and very clearly said, "Oh
no, uh-uh!" I told him he was lucky he got off with such a mild complaint -
had it been Jessie she would have crisped his ears off with her potty mouth!
;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
July 12th 08, 02:21 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in

> Seriously, Ben told me the other day that he accidentally caught Ozzy
> speaking English when he was feeding the cats. When we feed them we put
> their food bowls on top of deep plates filled with water so the ants we're
> plagued with every summer can't get to their food. As he was walking
> across the floor with the water-filled plates he happened to slosh quite a
> bit onto Ozzy's head. He said Ozzy jumped up spun around and very clearly
> said, "Oh no, uh-uh!" I told him he was lucky he got off with such a mild
> complaint - had it been Jessie she would have crisped his ears off with
> her potty mouth! ;>

hahaha!

My cats speak English with a lisp, at least when I talk for them. Boo is
the bear-like, lumbering grumpy girl who tiny Gracie is always vaulting
over.
Gracie thinks it is funny to try to sniff her butt when she is absorbed in
her dinner. Boo wheels around like a grizzley and Gracie is off like
lightening. Boo stomps off, muttering something that sounds to me like
"puthy ..."

After she gets her pills, she usually says something like "you thuck!"

And every single time I put her in the carrier after sneaking up on her
when she is sleepy, she glares through the bars and says, "Ath ho."

:)

CatNipped[_2_]
July 12th 08, 03:19 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in
>
>> Seriously, Ben told me the other day that he accidentally caught Ozzy
>> speaking English when he was feeding the cats. When we feed them we put
>> their food bowls on top of deep plates filled with water so the ants
>> we're plagued with every summer can't get to their food. As he was
>> walking across the floor with the water-filled plates he happened to
>> slosh quite a bit onto Ozzy's head. He said Ozzy jumped up spun around
>> and very clearly said, "Oh no, uh-uh!" I told him he was lucky he got
>> off with such a mild complaint - had it been Jessie she would have
>> crisped his ears off with her potty mouth! ;>
>

> hahaha!
>
> My cats speak English with a lisp, at least when I talk for them. Boo is
> the bear-like, lumbering grumpy girl who tiny Gracie is always vaulting
> over.
> Gracie thinks it is funny to try to sniff her butt when she is absorbed in
> her dinner. Boo wheels around like a grizzley and Gracie is off like
> lightening. Boo stomps off, muttering something that sounds to me like
> "puthy ..."
>
> After she gets her pills, she usually says something like "you thuck!"
>
> And every single time I put her in the carrier after sneaking up on her
> when she is sleepy, she glares through the bars and says, "Ath ho."
>
> :)

ROTFLMAO!

Hugs,

CatNipped

dejablues[_4_]
July 12th 08, 08:43 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
> likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
> difference. I hope I have.
>
> My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found that
> lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more. :)
>
> (Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think I
> heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)

Some pet care website (I forget which) explicitly said not to kiss your cat
or let your children kiss them. I was like "wtf!"

CatNipped[_2_]
July 14th 08, 04:14 PM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
>> likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
>> difference. I hope I have.
>>
>> My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found
>> that lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more. :)
>>
>> (Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think
>> I heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)
>
> Some pet care website (I forget which) explicitly said not to kiss your
> cat or let your children kiss them. I was like "wtf!"

Cats can transmit parasites to humans (hookworm and giardia come to mind) -
children, especially. But as long as your cat is parasite free, there
shouldn't be any problem.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lesley via CatKB.com
July 16th 08, 04:25 PM
cybercat wrote:

>My cats speak English with a lisp, at least when I talk for them.

Sarsi has a small English-ish vocabulary

If you try to wake her up when she doesn't want to be waken- "Awww! Afff!"
from the tone she is telling you to f-off!)

When talking to Dave, she calls him "Daw-dee"

The other day I like her out of a room and I said "What do you say?" and she
said what sounded like "Rrr-ank oo"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs