PDA

View Full Version : Boo Got Her Stitches Out

cybercat
July 22nd 08, 12:24 AM
and a clean bill of health.

I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing up.

She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
thinking they will go away.

So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.

Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
prayers. They clearly worked!

-Lost
July 22nd 08, 12:47 AM
Response to "cybercat" >:

> and a clean bill of health.

<snip>

I'm very happy for you and Boo. *lifts mug* Here's to a long,
healthy, trouble-free life for the future.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
July 22nd 08, 03:43 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> and a clean bill of health.
>
> I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing
> up.
>
> She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
> malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
> thinking they will go away.
>
> So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
> feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.
>
> Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
> prayers. They clearly worked!

I'm so glad she's OK. Did you get the pathology report?

Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever get mammary
tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get breast cancer.

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
July 22nd 08, 04:14 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote

> I'm so glad she's OK. Did you get the pathology report?

I completely forgot. Jeez. Middle age brain. I will call and have them send
me a copy, thanks for reminding me.

> Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever get
> mammary tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get breast cancer.

Good question.

Rene S.
July 22nd 08, 05:39 PM
A monthly "breast" exam is a small price to pay for a healthy kitty!
I'm glad she's doing well.

Matthew[_3_]
July 22nd 08, 06:32 PM
Sorry not been around that much but I am very happy Nancy that the furball
is doing better

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> and a clean bill of health.
>
> I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing
> up.
>
> She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
> malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
> thinking they will go away.
>
> So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
> feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.
>
> Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
> prayers. They clearly worked!

-Lost
July 22nd 08, 11:21 PM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

<snip>

>> So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight
>> "teats" and feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.

<snip>

> Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever
> get mammary tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get
> breast cancer.

I wondered the same thing as soon as I read "girlycats." So yeah,
it's probably silly. ; )

I'm thinking mammary glands become less affected by hormones as a
male matures, but that may apply only to humans. *shrug*

Wikipedia said, "Almost all instances of breast cancer originate in
the lobules or ducts of the mammary glands." Is it also the same for
kitties?

I'm interested in hearing Phil's comments on this one too.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

cybercat
July 22nd 08, 11:49 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
> Sorry not been around that much but I am very happy Nancy that the
> furball is doing better

Thank you, Matthew! We are very relieved and I am overjoyed.

cybercat
July 22nd 08, 11:49 PM
"Rene S." > wrote in message
>A monthly "breast" exam is a small price to pay for a healthy kitty!
> I'm glad she's doing well.

Thanks so much.

Gandalf
July 23rd 08, 07:24 AM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:24:54 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>and a clean bill of health.
>
>I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing up.
>
>She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
>malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
>thinking they will go away.
>
>So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
>feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.
>
>Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
>prayers. They clearly worked!

I'm so glad that Boo is A OK!

Clearly, Bast was working overtime for Boo!

And the purrs, of course.

cybercat
July 23rd 08, 12:28 PM
"Gandalf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:24:54 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
> I'm so glad that Boo is A OK!
>
> Clearly, Bast was working overtime for Boo!
>
> And the purrs, of course.

Thank you! She is her old self and we are jubilant.

Phil P.
July 24th 08, 04:47 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> and a clean bill of health.
>
> I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing
up.

> She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
> malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
> thinking they will go away.
>
> So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
> feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.
>
> Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
> prayers. They clearly worked!

Great news! Just be sure to watch her like a hawk. MTs can develop
quickly.

Phil

Phil P.
July 24th 08, 04:54 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> > and a clean bill of health.
> >
> > I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing
> > up.
> >
> > She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
> > malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
> > thinking they will go away.
> >
> > So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
> > feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.
> >
> > Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
> > prayers. They clearly worked!
> >

> I'm so glad she's OK. Did you get the pathology report?
>
> Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever get
mammary
> tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get breast cancer.

Very, very, rarely. I've heard of it but I've never seen one in a male.

Siamese have twice the risk of developing MTs than any other breed and they
also develop earlier. So, if anyone reading this has a Siamese- start
checking her- and check her frequently- if not more.

Phil

Rhonda[_3_]
July 24th 08, 05:54 AM
CC, so glad your little princess is healthy! That was quite a scare.
She's probably threadbare now from all of the "I'm glad you're okay"
cuddles.

Hope she continues her good health for about 20 more years or so...

Rhonda

PS -- It's so hard to buy the right bras for those girl cats, isn't it?
Oprah should have a show about it.

cybercat wrote:
> and a clean bill of health.
>
> I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing up.
>
> She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
> malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
> thinking they will go away.
>
> So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
> feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.
>
> Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
> prayers. They clearly worked!

CatNipped[_2_]
July 24th 08, 03:03 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> > and a clean bill of health.
>> >
>> > I'm to give her a monthly breast exam, the vet did it with her standing
>> > up.
>> >
>> > She agreed that in her experience 80% or better of mammary tumors are
>> > malignant--she thinks because so many people feel them but let them go,
>> > thinking they will go away.
>> >
>> > So folks, feel up your girlycats regularly. They have eight "teats" and
>> > feline mammary tumors are particularly aggressive.
>> >
>> > Thanks again to all who comforted me and gave us your good thoughts and
>> > prayers. They clearly worked!
>> >

>> I'm so glad she's OK. Did you get the pathology report?
>>
>> Silly question - but maybe Phil can answer... do male cats ever get
> mammary
>> tumors? It's rare, but in humans some males get breast cancer.
>
> Very, very, rarely. I've heard of it but I've never seen one in a male.
>
> Siamese have twice the risk of developing MTs than any other breed and
> they
> also develop earlier. So, if anyone reading this has a Siamese- start
> checking her- and check her frequently- if not more.
>
> Phil

Thanks! Even if it is rare in males I think I'll still grope my little
fellas as well as my girls. ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
July 27th 08, 03:32 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> CC, so glad your little princess is healthy! That was quite a scare. She's
> probably threadbare now from all of the "I'm glad you're okay" cuddles.
>
> Hope she continues her good health for about 20 more years or so...

Thank you, Rhonda, for your good wishes. You've been missed around here,
where have you been?

> PS -- It's so hard to buy the right bras for those girl cats, isn't it?
> Oprah should have a show about it.

:D I'm thinking we need to design one!

Rhonda[_3_]
July 30th 08, 06:00 AM
cybercat wrote:
> Thank you, Rhonda, for your good wishes. You've been missed around here,
> where have you been?

That is a pretty good question, where have I been? I think not spending
much time posting or trying to keep up with everything because we have
so few days of actual sun. When the sun is out up here, we all squint
out the front door, put on some shades, and go outside for 8 weeks.

>>PS -- It's so hard to buy the right bras for those girl cats, isn't it?
>>Oprah should have a show about it.
>

> :D I'm thinking we need to design one!

Saffron would like a little pink frilly one. :)

Rhonda