PDA

View Full Version : Now she doesn't like her bed

Janet
July 22nd 08, 03:14 AM
Miss Kitty ensconced herself in a particular chair shortly after arriving.
Since this is a somewhat shaky 18th century chair, I was happy to let her
have it, but purchased a fleece-style cat cushion to put on it to save the
seat. Last week I washed the cushion, and now she will not lie on it, even
when I pick her up and put her on it! Other than the fact that it shrunk a
little, I don't see what the deal is.

Do you think she objects to the scent of the laundry detergent? Should I
rewash it without soap or with an unscented one?

Outsider
July 22nd 08, 09:42 AM
"Janet" > wrote in
:

> Miss Kitty ensconced herself in a particular chair shortly after
> arriving. Since this is a somewhat shaky 18th century chair, I was
> happy to let her have it, but purchased a fleece-style cat cushion to
> put on it to save the seat. Last week I washed the cushion, and now
> she will not lie on it, even when I pick her up and put her on it!
> Other than the fact that it shrunk a little, I don't see what the deal
> is.
>
> Do you think she objects to the scent of the laundry detergent? Should
> I rewash it without soap or with an unscented one?

I certainly object to it. That is why I do use an unscented one. She may
also just plain miss her own smell on it. Try what you said and then try
to get her own smell back if that doesn't help.

Andy

barb
July 22nd 08, 03:12 PM
I don't know where you reside but here in NY my cats prefer hard surfaces
all summer whether or not the air conditioning is on. They shun their beds,
pillows, and anything soft. Come cooler days and they revert.

Barb

-Lost
July 22nd 08, 11:26 PM
Response to "Janet" >:

<snip>

> Other than the fact that it shrunk a little, I don't see what the
> deal is.

It reminds me of something one of the spouse's friends says about their
martinis.

"The only thing you can do to f*** with my martini is to f*** with my
martini."

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.