PDA

View Full Version : Green Stool

bostic1212 via CatKB.com
July 22nd 08, 03:04 PM
I recently found dark green stool in the litter box. Anyone know what could
be causing this problem? I am pretty sure it is coming from my eleven year
old cat. Anyone suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.!! Thanks

Rene S.
July 22nd 08, 04:00 PM
On Jul 22, 9:04*am, "bostic1212 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I recently found dark green stool in the litter box. Anyone know what could
> be causing this problem? *I am pretty sure it is coming from my eleven year
> old cat. *Anyone suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.!! Thanks

Does you cat have any other symptoms: lethargy, vomiting, no interest
in food? If it were me, I'd take a sample of the stool to the vet for
analysis. It could be nothing, but you just never know, and a stool
analysis is inexpensive.

Matthew[_3_]
July 22nd 08, 05:20 PM
have you give any new food or sweets to the cat

"bostic1212 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I recently found dark green stool in the litter box. Anyone know what could
> be causing this problem? I am pretty sure it is coming from my eleven
> year
> old cat. Anyone suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.!! Thanks

Outsider
July 22nd 08, 06:47 PM
"Rene S." > wrote in
:

> On Jul 22, 9:04*am, "bostic1212 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I recently found dark green stool in the litter box. Anyone know what
>> cou
> ld
>> be causing this problem? *I am pretty sure it is coming from my
>> eleven
> year
>> old cat. *Anyone suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.!! Thanks
>>
>> --
> th/200807/1
>
> Does you cat have any other symptoms: lethargy, vomiting, no interest
> in food? If it were me, I'd take a sample of the stool to the vet for
> analysis. It could be nothing, but you just never know, and a stool
> analysis is inexpensive.

And very non-traumatic for the 11 Y.O. cat.

MaryL
July 23rd 08, 12:13 AM
"bostic1212 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I recently found dark green stool in the litter box. Anyone know what could
> be causing this problem? I am pretty sure it is coming from my eleven
> year
> old cat. Anyone suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.!! Thanks

Like the others said, I would take a sample to the vet for analysis. Get a
sample that is as "fresh" as possible, and place it in a clean plastic bag.
However, I would also look around to see if your cat could have eaten
anything different. For example, you said the stool is dark green, so look
carefully at any plants to see if they have been chewed -- and that includes
*artificial* plants. Some cats will also eat them. And what about ribbon
or thin fabric? Anything green that your cat could have ingested?

MaryL

Phil P.
July 24th 08, 04:46 AM
"bostic1212 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I recently found dark green stool in the litter box. Anyone know what
could
> be causing this problem? I am pretty sure it is coming from my eleven
year
> old cat. Anyone suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.!! Thanks

If the stool was soft and mushy- bordering on diarrhea, the green color was
bilirubinin that wasn't completely metabolized. This happens when ingesta
passes through the intestines faster than normal- like when a cat has
diarrhea.

If it only happened once, I wouldn't worry too much about it- just be sure
to mention it to your vet.

Phil