PDA

View Full Version : You gotta hear this one

Phil P.
July 24th 08, 04:44 AM
I don't know whose worst- the owners or the clinic.

http://maxshouse.com/Rosa_Feature.htm

Arjun Ray
July 24th 08, 09:35 AM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 03:44:00 GMT, "Phil P." >
wrote:

| I don't know whose worst- the owners or the clinic.
|
| http://maxshouse.com/Rosa_Feature.htm

Owners, for being so shallow. But then again, maybe it's a good thing
they didn't take Rosa back...

This has happened to me in TNR projects, where in the rush and chaos
of a mass S/N, potentially adoptable kittens get eartipped along with
the adults, sometimes even despite specifically asking the techs not
to. And, sadly, this has affected their adoptability.

But sometimes eartips can add to the charm. My Marie's eartip is
special. It's on the wrong ear (the right) and it's a hefty chunk
taken out (about a third of the ear). It was also the very first
eartip performed by someone who is now a big name in cat rescue, when
he was training as a vet tech.:-)

Janet
July 24th 08, 01:42 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I don't know whose worst- the owners or the clinic.
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rosa_Feature.htm

I vote for the owners.

I can't imagine abandoning a pet because of such asn incredibly minor thing.
(Well, actually I can't imagine abandoning a pet at all, but you know what I
mean.) If they have kids, are they going to drop them off at the local teen
group home when they get acne?

Phil P.
July 24th 08, 04:54 PM
"Arjun Ray" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 03:44:00 GMT, "Phil P." >
> wrote:
>

> | I don't know whose worst- the owners or the clinic.
> |
> | http://maxshouse.com/Rosa_Feature.htm
>
> Owners, for being so shallow. But then again, maybe it's a good thing
> they didn't take Rosa back...

I think you're right.

> This has happened to me in TNR projects, where in the rush and chaos
> of a mass S/N, potentially adoptable kittens get eartipped along with
> the adults, sometimes even despite specifically asking the techs not
> to. And, sadly, this has affected their adoptability.

I'm not so sure I believe the whole story the shelter gave us. The tip
doesn't look like a clean cut.

> But sometimes eartips can add to the charm. My Marie's eartip is
> special. It's on the wrong ear (the right) and it's a hefty chunk
> taken out (about a third of the ear). It was also the very first
> eartip performed by someone who is now a big name in cat rescue, when
> he was training as a vet tech.:-)

I never liked eartipping. Unfortunately, its the only method that's
universally recognized.

We've been trapping- actually scruffing- a lot of friendly cats this year,
more than previous years. Many were already neutered so they were probably
dumped.

Phil

..

Lesley via CatKB.com
July 25th 08, 03:42 PM
Janet wrote:

Jean B.
July 28th 08, 05:45 PM
Phil P. wrote:
> I don't know whose worst- the owners or the clinic.
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rosa_Feature.htm

That is just crazy! Why would they not want the cat?!!! The mind
boggles.

--
Jean B.