PDA

View Full Version : cat urinating on the couch

Courtney88
July 26th 08, 06:15 AM
To try to make a long story short... in may I adopted a 2 month old kitten
while having a 10 month old cat in the house. I got the ten month old a few
months before this. The 10 month old was a feril cat and my fiance and I
somewhat tamed her to like us. When I brought the 2 month old kitten home the
two cats got along and and so we left them in the same room when we were out
of the house. Sometimes when we came home we had found that one of the cats
has urinated on the couch. I decided to leave the two cats in a smaller room
with no furniture. We later found that the older cat was doing the urinating.
I figured that the cat was mad at us for bringing a new cat into the home. A
few days ago we thought it would be okay to let them stay in the living room
again and of course the older cat urinates on the couch again. Should we be
concered for the cat's health because it seems like she would have gotten
over being mad about the new cat because they play all the time. I need
advice becauseI am tired of smelling and cleaning up urine!

Linda Boucher
July 26th 08, 06:02 PM
Hi
take the cat to the vet and have it tested
"Courtney88" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> To try to make a long story short... in may I adopted a 2 month old kitten
> while having a 10 month old cat in the house. I got the ten month old a
> few
> months before this. The 10 month old was a feril cat and my fiance and I
> somewhat tamed her to like us. When I brought the 2 month old kitten home
> the
> two cats got along and and so we left them in the same room when we were
> out
> of the house. Sometimes when we came home we had found that one of the
> cats
> has urinated on the couch. I decided to leave the two cats in a smaller
> room
> with no furniture. We later found that the older cat was doing the
> urinating.
> I figured that the cat was mad at us for bringing a new cat into the home.
> few days ago we thought it would be okay to let them stay in the living
> room
> again and of course the older cat urinates on the couch again. Should we
> be
> concered for the cat's health because it seems like she would have gotten
> over being mad about the new cat because they play all the time. I need
> advice becauseI am tired of smelling and cleaning up urine!

Rene S.
July 28th 08, 03:46 PM
I agree with Linda's response--get your cat to a vet to be tested for
a UTI. You need to rule out anything medical before assuming it's
behaviorial.