PDA

View Full Version : Re: ASCII Cat

lewe
August 14th 03, 07:02 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
> amazing.
>
> http://www.romanm.ch/ascii-movies/ascii-katze.htm

wow!

--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Karen Chuplis
August 14th 03, 08:42 PM
Wow! Cool

"Marina" > wrote in message
> This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
> amazing.
>
> http://www.romanm.ch/ascii-movies/ascii-katze.htm
>
> --
> Marina

polonca12000
August 14th 03, 10:10 PM
Amazing!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" > wrote in message
> This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
> amazing.
>
> http://www.romanm.ch/ascii-movies/ascii-katze.htm
>
> --
> Marina

Angela Ryan
August 14th 03, 11:37 PM
Loved it!!!

Purrs to all!!

"Marina" > wrote in message
> This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
> amazing.
>
> http://www.romanm.ch/ascii-movies/ascii-katze.htm
>
> --
> Marina

Mary
August 15th 03, 03:52 AM
>This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
>amazing.

That is amazing. I actually have some freeware where I can turn any photo or
image into ascii. I turned a pic of me into ascii http://www.mary.cc/face.txt
It looks like they took a short clip of video and turned it into ascii. I
remember many moons ago when ascii was the only way to create "images." The
internet has really come a long way.

TCS
August 15th 03, 04:45 AM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:49:25 -0700, Sam Nash > wrote:
>"Marina" > wrote in message
>> This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
>> amazing.
>>
>> http://www.romanm.ch/ascii-movies/ascii-katze.htm
>>
>Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Check out the page source (the html code). It's 11 frames of ascii art to
make the animation.

Alan Erskine
August 15th 03, 09:24 AM
"Hilden Pickering" > wrote in message
> On 15 Aug 2003 02:52:09 GMT, (Mary) wrote:
>
> >>This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
> >>amazing.
> >
> >That is amazing. I actually have some freeware where I can turn any photo
or
> >image into ascii. I turned a pic of me into ascii
http://www.mary.cc/face.txt
> >It looks like they took a short clip of video and turned it into ascii. I
> >remember many moons ago when ascii was the only way to create "images."
The
> >internet has really come a long way.
> Looking good. Are you married?

Yes, she is. Hubby's about 9 feet tall, two pick handles across the
shoulders and was a truck driver for a short time.
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Nan
August 15th 03, 04:16 PM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:05:56 GMT, "Stacey"
> wrote:

>Dang! Some geek had some time on their hands, huh? LOL. Pretty cool!
>
>Stacey (who changed the number, but didn't see that it made any difference)

That's pretty much what my grand-daughter said when I sent the URL to
her.

Nan

Tanada
August 16th 03, 12:45 AM
Alan Erskine wrote:

> "Hilden Pickering" > wrote in message
> >

> > Looking good. Are you married?
>
> Yes, she is. Hubby's about 9 feet tall, two pick handles across the
> shoulders and was a truck driver for a short time.

Hey, I think I know that guy!!

Pam S.

Yowie
August 17th 03, 04:02 AM
"Mary" > wrote in message
> >This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
> >amazing.
>
> That is amazing. I actually have some freeware where I can turn any photo
or
> image into ascii. I turned a pic of me into ascii
http://www.mary.cc/face.txt
> It looks like they took a short clip of video and turned it into ascii. I
> remember many moons ago when ascii was the only way to create "images."
The
> internet has really come a long way.

Awww, ascii art, I'm getting all nostalgic.

It always looked better if you made your eyes go slightly out of focus. And
Mary - you look great!

Yowie

TimC
September 1st 03, 11:33 AM
Marina (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> This was posted on the Finnish cat newsgroup. I thought it was pretty
> amazing.
>
> http://www.romanm.ch/ascii-movies/ascii-katze.htm

After all these weeks, I finally found what I was looking for.

A giant penguin:
http://www.frikis.org/images/ascii/tux.html

Rendered in linux kernel code. Very scary.

I'm sorry, but all questions must be in the form of a question.
-- pieceoftheuniverse

Marina
September 1st 03, 02:47 PM
"TimC" > wrote

> After all these weeks, I finally found what I was looking for.
>

> A giant penguin:
> http://www.frikis.org/images/ascii/tux.html
>
> Rendered in linux kernel code. Very scary.

Ooh. That is scary. Should I send it to the Linux geeks at work? Maybe not,
they'd get too excited.

--
Marina