PDA

View Full Version : 2 Cats Daily Dry-Food twice-a-day's amounts?

mystro
July 27th 08, 08:30 PM
My two house-mates (Pete and Fred) gained too much when I tried using
one of those feeders they seem to be nibbling all day long so I
decided to purchase a seven-day auto feeder a few months ago, set to
open twice a day at 6am and 5pm with heaping 1/3 of a cup serving at
each serving, they've lost some much needed weight but now I'm
concerned I'm not giving them enough to maintain a good heathy weight
especially since they are purely house cats but they usually clean the
serving dish between feedings- but not always. They have always ate
Chicken Soup for the Cat but I recently switched to the Lite version
and both have always seemed to have thrived on CSFTCLS with beautiful
clear eyes, shiny coats, clean and gums and very playful.

The bag instructions as usual are vague but better then most
companies..they recommend 1/3 to 2/3's of a cup "per day per cat", if
I go by that and I'm only feding them 2/3's total am I slowly starving
my boys--I'd rather they be fat and lazy then to hurt them in any way--
I'm concerned.

Pete and Fred are currently at 9-10 pounds @ 2 1/2 yo they seem to be
getting close to ideal for their bigger size.

---MIKE---
July 27th 08, 09:04 PM
If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
them a good quality canned food twice a day. If you continue to feed
them dry you are asking for urinary problems in the future.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

blkcatgal
July 27th 08, 11:09 PM
Not to mention that dry food has way more calories than canned food.

S.
---
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
them a good quality canned food twice a day. If you continue to feed
them dry you are asking for urinary problems in the future.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

mystro
July 27th 08, 11:37 PM
On Jul 27, 1:04*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
> If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
> them a good quality canned food twice a day. *> * * * * * * * * * ---MIKE--->>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>
> *>> (44 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

You started out calling me lazy
Then tried to change the diet
but I had requested help for dry food?

..is that typical of someone living on a little mole hill @1580 feet
in NH?

BTW, many years ago in this very group I'd read what seems like
thousand's of articles on this dry vs canned..I desided to go with
high quality rich dry food. If your so set on your *assumptions..start
another threat listing totally unbiased results favoring both
and let us me the desisions or are you too lazy? ;)

columbia river 430 ft in wa,st

cybercat
July 27th 08, 11:45 PM
"mystro" > wrote in message
> My two house-mates (Pete and Fred) gained too much when I tried using
> one of those feeders they seem to be nibbling all day long so I
> decided to purchase a seven-day auto feeder a few months ago, set to
> open twice a day at 6am and 5pm with heaping 1/3 of a cup serving at
> each serving, they've lost some much needed weight but now I'm
> concerned I'm not giving them enough to maintain a good heathy weight
> especially since they are purely house cats but they usually clean the
> serving dish between feedings- but not always. They have always ate
> Chicken Soup for the Cat but I recently switched to the Lite version
> and both have always seemed to have thrived on CSFTCLS with beautiful
> clear eyes, shiny coats, clean and gums and very playful.
>
> The bag instructions as usual are vague but better then most
> companies..they recommend 1/3 to 2/3's of a cup "per day per cat", if
> I go by that and I'm only feding them 2/3's total am I slowly starving
> my boys--I'd rather they be fat and lazy then to hurt them in any way--
> I'm concerned.
>
> Pete and Fred are currently at 9-10 pounds @ 2 1/2 yo they seem to be
> getting close to ideal for their bigger size.

Get them off dry and you won't believe the difference in their eyes, coat,
and behavior. The only reason to feed dry is because you value convenience
and economy over your cats' health.

mystro
July 27th 08, 11:50 PM
On Jul 27, 3:09*pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> Not to mention that dry food has way more calories than canned food.
>
> S.

Some do and some don't..it way too much of a generalization. I didn't
ask my question to open a discussion on
dry vs can it's been done adnausium..I'm was simply asking for help
from people who don't have an agenda...sorry :)

From those who are interested here's a link of ingredients

http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/products/ingredients/

cybercat
July 27th 08, 11:52 PM
"mystro" > wrote in message
On Jul 27, 3:09 pm, "blkcatgal" > wrote:
> Not to mention that dry food has way more calories than canned food.
>
> S.

Some do and some don't..it way too much of a generalization. I didn't
ask my question to open a discussion on
dry vs can it's been done adnausium..I'm was simply asking for help
from people who don't have an agenda...sorry :)

The agenda for cat lovers is the welfare of the cat. You can't even be
bothered to dump dry into a dish twice a day, so my advice to you is to give
them to someone who gives a ****.

cybercat
July 27th 08, 11:53 PM
"mystro" > wrote in message
On Jul 27, 1:04 pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
> If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
> them a good quality canned food twice a day. > ---MIKE--->>In the White
> Mountains of New Hampshire
>
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

You started out calling me lazy
Then tried to change the diet
but I had requested help for dry food?

I would love to see someone help your cats out of your household. You're a
flaming ****ing cat-abusing moron.

Buh bye.

cybercat
July 27th 08, 11:54 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> Not to mention that dry food has way more calories than canned food.
>
> S.
> --
> **Visit me and my cats at http://www.island-cats.com/ **
> ---
> "---MIKE---" > wrote in message
> If you really want your cats to be healthy, don't be so lazy and feed
> them a good quality canned food twice a day. If you continue to feed
> them dry you are asking for urinary problems in the future.

I killfiled the ****head. Can you imagine anyone so goddamned lazy they
cannot dump DRY food into a bowl? Jesus. The poor cats.

cshenk
July 28th 08, 12:04 AM
"cybercat" wrote

> Can you imagine anyone so goddamned lazy they cannot dump DRY food into a
> bowl? Jesus. The poor cats.

Well, I have dryfeed munchies here and sometimes I forget to refill the
bowl. Keep in mind Daisy has wet food twice a day so this is a small side
noshe with eukanaba dry. I keep a 1/4 or so cup in there and it normally
takes her about 4 days to eat that up. A sort of 'munchies' attack like we
might get.

mystro
July 28th 08, 12:17 AM
Poor ol' Cyberpussy ran out of Meds right after going to the ol holly
roller gathering today!! heheheh

...hopefully the idiot really did put me on filter.

what a waste of time.
PLONK!

mystro
July 28th 08, 12:33 AM
On Jul 27, 4:17*pm, mystro > wrote:
> Poor ol' Cyberpussy ran out of Meds right after going to the ol holly
> roller gathering today!! *heheheh
>
> ..hopefully the idiot really did put me on filter.
>
> what a waste of time.
> PLONK!

Did you notice..cybercat (aka CyberIdiot) posted 1500 messages LAST
MONTH ALONE in this forum..must think of itself as someone important!!
what a life it must live. hehehe

July 28th 08, 01:03 AM
On Jul 27, 4:33*pm, mystro > wrote:
> On Jul 27, 4:17*pm, mystro > wrote:
>
> > Poor ol' Cyberpussy ran out of Meds right after going to the ol holly
> > roller gathering today!! *heheheh
>
> > ..hopefully the idiot really did put me on filter.
>
> > what a waste of time.
> > PLONK!
>
> Did you notice..cybercat (aka CyberIdiot) posted 1500 messages LAST
> MONTH ALONE in this forum..must think of itself as someone important!!
> what a life it must live. * heheh

I wanted to make sure this wasn't filtered <BR>!

mystro
July 28th 08, 01:50 AM
Here's a link to my staving cat : :))

http://picasaweb.google.com/highpurity/Pete02?authkey=lKx0VyQZ6e8

cybercat
July 28th 08, 03:11 AM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" wrote
>
>> Can you imagine anyone so goddamned lazy they cannot dump DRY food into a
>> bowl? Jesus. The poor cats.
>
> Well, I have dryfeed munchies here and sometimes I forget to refill the
> bowl. Keep in mind Daisy has wet food twice a day so this is a small side
> noshe with eukanaba dry. I keep a 1/4 or so cup in there and it normally
> takes her about 4 days to eat that up. A sort of 'munchies' attack like
> we might get.

And this applies to this topic and my comments in what way?

mystro
July 28th 08, 04:22 AM
On Jul 27, 7:11*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "cshenk" > wrote in message

> > Well, I have dryfeed munchies here and sometimes I forget to refill the
> > bowl. *Keep in mind Daisy has wet food twice a day so this is a small side
> > noshe with eukanaba dry. I keep a 1/4 or so cup in there and it normally
> > takes her about 4 days to eat that up. *A sort of 'munchies' attack like
> > we might get.
>
> And this applies to this topic and my comments in what way?

cyberscat/cyberidiot: your too stupid to even know when your being
ignored, that's how it applied! DUH!

cshenk
July 28th 08, 06:14 AM
"cybercat" wrote

> And this applies to this topic and my comments in what way?

Just a side comment. The OP is a gmail user so I do not see them unless
quoted.

cybercat
July 28th 08, 06:06 PM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" wrote
>
>> And this applies to this topic and my comments in what way?
>
> Just a side comment. The OP is a gmail user so I do not see them unless
> quoted.

It completely disgusts me that this asshole rejects out of hand the
suggestion that he feed his cats what cats are intended to eat--meat, not
grain--is ALREADY feeding the cats dry food, which is bad for cats in so
many ways--and finds it to be so much "trouble" to dump food in a bowl twice
a day that he uses as "automatic feeder."

I'm thinking beanie babies might be a better fit for him.

He'll be in here complaining about his cats having urinary blockages and
expecting sympathy one day, mark my words.

mystro
July 28th 08, 06:34 PM
It really ruins using this place as a sounding board for me anymore,
I've been coming here for over 15 years when I was still a unix sysop
and always found people
who knew how to answer questions not PREACH and RANT, INSULT AND
FLAME. Why can't a simple question be answered without going into a
diatribe
about how YOU want EVERYONE to raise THEIR cats and only according to
your criteria. Your a raving extremist idiot/moron CYBERCAT and
according to your posting
history..totally without a life!!

...your DISCUSTING.

One bit of thanks though..I found a wonderful forum where people
actually know how to answer questions without insane rants aka:
Cybercat-ing

On Jul 28, 10:06*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "cshenk" > wrote in message

> > "cybercat" wrote
>
> >> And this applies to this topic and my comments in what way?
>
> > Just a side comment. *The OP is a gmail user so I do not see them unless
> > quoted.
>
> It completely disgusts me that this asshole rejects out of hand the
> suggestion that he feed his cats what cats are intended to eat--meat, not
> grain--is ALREADY feeding the cats dry food, which is bad for cats in so
> many ways--and finds it to be so much "trouble" to dump food in a bowl twice
> a day that he uses as "automatic feeder."
>
> I'm thinking beanie babies might be a better fit for him.
>
> He'll be in here complaining about his cats having urinary blockages and
> expecting sympathy one day, mark my words.

July 29th 08, 02:43 AM
On Jul 28, 1:34*pm, mystro > wrote:
> It really ruins using this place as a sounding board for me anymore,
> I've been coming here for over 15 years when I was still a unix sysop
> and always found people
> who knew how to answer questions not PREACH and RANT, INSULT AND
> FLAME. Why can't a simple question be answered without going into a
> diatribe
> about how YOU want EVERYONE to raise THEIR cats and only according to
> your criteria. Your a raving extremist idiot/moron CYBERCAT and
> according to your posting
> history..totally without a life!!
>
> ...your DISCUSTING.
>
> One bit of thanks though..I found a wonderful forum where people
> actually know how to answer questions without insane rants aka:
> Cybercat-ing
>
> On Jul 28, 10:06*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>

> > "cshenk" > wrote in message

> > > "cybercat" wrote

> > > Just a side comment. *The OP is a gmail user so I do not see them unless
> > > quoted.
>
> > It completely disgusts me that this asshole rejects out of hand the
> > suggestion that he feed his cats what cats are intended to eat--meat, not
> > grain--is ALREADY feeding the cats dry food, which is bad for cats in so
> > many ways--and finds it to be so much "trouble" to dump food in a bowl twice
> > a day that he uses as "automatic feeder."
>
> > I'm thinking beanie babies might be a better fit for him.
>
> > He'll be in here complaining about his cats having urinary blockages and
> > expecting sympathy one day, mark my words.- Hide quoted text -

WOW this kind of thread is exactly why people think that cat owners
are nuts. The original poster asked a simple question...the answers
are just ridiculous and not based on any reputable information on cat
feeding.

If you really found a board without the psychos, feel free to email
the link to me, I'm done with this insane asylum.

cybercat
July 29th 08, 02:50 AM
> wrote
>WOW this kind of thread is exactly why people think that cat owners
>are nuts. The original poster asked a simple question...the answers
>are just ridiculous and not based on any reputable information on cat
>feeding.

Righhht. Buh bye, genius.

mystro
July 29th 08, 08:51 PM