PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of abusive poster's or how to achieve Newsgroup Nirvana!

mystro
July 29th 08, 08:49 PM
Usenet's very liberal policy/rules..it was never an issue in the past,
everyone enjoyed this freedom because people were basically
*intelligent about how they responded and treated others..they
actually tried to *avoid nasty flame-wars and if it got serious, they
sent private messages to deal with it...period. Anyway, years ago
some of our fav newsgroups started to have issues and it caused Usenet
Newsgroups such as r.p.c.h+b to dwindle in numbers because of a few no-
lifes who virtually haunt/live in a newsgroup and post opinion's in
every subject dozens of times per day..you can't post a question and
ever actually get an answer from them since they have an agenda and
You Know Who They Are...whatta ignore them forever? :)

Using Newsreader filters ( I'm not sure but you can't do this using
the online google groups, it lacks user controls)you'll need a real
Newsreader which experienced people use) then you can wipe all
postings from certain newsgroup disruptor's and eventually they leave
from pure loneliness--it works every time and since you won't ever see
their postings/ramblings/preachings you FILTER them using a
Newsreader-- you never read the pathetic rants/flames. You can turn
the filters off at anytime to see what your missing and you'll soon
find out how nice they are.

Enjoy your new freedom, once you cleanup your newsgroups and notice
how great it is reading helpful, friendly news again you'll think you
found Newsgroup Nirvana!

Kill Files, Friends and Bozos!

Most power newsgroup users use a kill file, that rather unfriendly yet
most commonly-used term for a list of blocked senders. Outlook Express
makes it very easy to build your own kill file just by clicking Block
Sender on the Message menu. But that only blocks messages from the
particular poster, not replies to those messages. To accomplish this
you need only to make a message rule that marks messages from the
poster as "Ignored," which assures that any replies will also be
ignored.

But power users won't want to stop there. You can also use message
rules to highlight with color all messages from friends so that they
stand out. Some colors make messages stand out, but others make
messages easy to skip. I use such a rule for messages from bozos,
another unfriendly yet common term for those who post foolish or time-
wasting messages. Most of the time I don't want to read messages from
anyone on my bozo list, but I might want to if I see friends
participating in the thread. My rule highlights bozos' messages in
silver, making them easy to skip but also easy to find if I want.

To create your own friends or bozo rule:

1.
On the Tools menu, point to Message Rules, and then click News.

2.
Click the New button to begin a new rule.

3.
Under Select the Conditions for your view, select the Where the From
line contains people check box.

4.
Under Select the actions for your rule, select the Highlight it with
color check box.

5.
Under Rule Description, click contains people.

6.
Type the name or e-mail address of your first friend or bozo, and
then click Add.

7.
When you finish adding names, click the OK button to return to your
new rule.

8.
Under Rule Description, click color, select the color of your choice
and click OK. It is best not to choose red because that is the default
color used for Watched messages. Also be sure to choose different
colors for friends and bozos!

9.
Under Name of the rule, type a name for your rule, such as "My
friends" or "Bozos," then click OK.

10.
Use the Move Up or Move Down button to place your rule where you want
it, then click OK .

If you'd like to try other really powerful free readers:

http://www.newsreaders.com/win/

Outsider
July 29th 08, 09:16 PM
mystro > wrote in news:a7ce86e4-d467-42e2-bba9-
:

Pointless self aggrandizing pontification deleted....

And who is it that needs a life. You honestly think you discovered kill
files and news readers? Geez, ignore people who bug you already like most
adults do.

mystro
July 29th 08, 09:47 PM
I was passing along a how-to..it's known on the net as a Heads-up.
Since you don't understand the process I'll walk you thru it. It's
information for people who
might need/want some freedom from newsgroup predators and no-lifes and
specifically for people who may not have known about this process, how
to do it or that it even existed.

And BTW, just ignoring people isn't good enough and actually quite
lame now days---without a true filtering scheme bozos slip by.

On Jul 29, 1:16*pm, outsider > wrote:
> mystro > wrote in news:a7ce86e4-d467-42e2-bba9-
> :
>
> Pointless self aggrandizing pontification deleted....
>
> And who is it that needs a life. *You honestly think you discovered kill
> files and news readers? *Geez, ignore people who bug you already like most
> adults do.

Matthew[_3_]
July 29th 08, 10:36 PM
"outsider" >

He will be long gone as soon as school starts back up I was wonder when we
would get an troll boy playing games.

K. A. Cannon
July 30th 08, 03:30 AM
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:49:30 -0700 (PDT), mystro
> wrote:

>Usenet's very liberal policy/rules.

an article about killfiles and killfiling from someone using google
gropes....Gee isn't that ironic.

<snip dreck>

Go away.

--
K. A. Cannon
kcannon at insurgent dot org

COOSN-266-06-02374
Hammer of Thor, April 2005
PIERRE SALINGER MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER June 2007
Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle X 2
#9 People ruining UseNet lits.
#6 Top Assholes on the Net lits.
#5 Most hated Usenetizens of all time
#15 AUK psychos and felons lits
#5 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine

Noon Cat Nick
July 30th 08, 03:50 AM
K. A. Cannon wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:49:30 -0700 (PDT), mystro
> > wrote:
>

>>Usenet's very liberal policy/rules.
>

> an article about killfiles and killfiling from someone using google
> gropes....Gee isn't that ironic.
>
> <snip dreck>
>
> Go away.

Google *gropes* - I must remember that one.

cybercat
July 30th 08, 04:59 AM
"George Orwell" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:36:15 -0400, "Matthew"
> > wrote:
>
> You're in your 70s, your wife was smart and dumped you, you live
> with your mother, and you write like you're illiterate.
> Who cares what you say?
>
> Justin Thyme
>
>>He will be long gone as soon as school starts back up I was wonder when
>>we
>>would get an troll boy playing games.
>

> Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
> non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
> reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
> di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
> Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
> https://www.mixmaster.it

For this, you pussy out and use George Orwell?

lol

Matthew[_3_]
July 30th 08, 07:10 PM
"George Orwell" >

Poor baby! do you need the attention now?
Ouch you wounded me with all those comments.
Was that the best you got? wow what a waste you have become. Switch back
to you regular name and stop being a pussy hiding behind one of your hundred
personalities