PDA

View Full Version : Christian The Lion

LauraM[_2_]
July 30th 08, 03:11 PM
Have you all seen this? It's truly amazing. If you scroll down,
there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp

cybercat
July 30th 08, 03:37 PM
"LauraM" > wrote in message
> Have you all seen this? It's truly amazing. If you scroll down,
> there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.
> http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp

That was really beautiful. Thanks for posting it.

LauraM[_2_]
July 30th 08, 08:48 PM
On Jul 30, 7:37*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "LauraM" > wrote in message

> > Have you all seen this? *It's truly amazing. *If you scroll down,
> > there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.
> >http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp
>
> That was really beautiful. Thanks for posting it.

You're welcome!

Rona Y.
July 31st 08, 03:34 AM
On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM > wrote:
> Have you all seen this? *It's truly amazing. *If you scroll down,
> there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp

The entire documentary is available on youtube, too, if anyone is
interested in watching it. I watched it a couple of months ago (it's
long!), but it's such a great story. For some reason, it has hit mass
media in the last couple of weeks and the video (or one of the many
versions of the video--my favourite is the one with the Aerosmith
song--it ends with something like, "A pet's love is forever!") has
appeared on The View, The Today Show, etc. The best part about the
recent exposure is that they interviewed Ace Bourke and John Rendall
on the Today Show today! They're definitely not hippies anymore!

BTW, there are some inaccuracies with the story as on Snopes. The
video of the reunion was taken in 1972, 1 year after Christian arrived
in Africa, not in 1974, and he did not have cubs at the time. The
story on Snopes about Christian waiting for Ace and John with his cubs
did happen in 1974, but that was not videotaped.

If you want to read an update on the story, and watch the Today Show
interview with Ace Bourke and John Rendall, it's at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25797678/
but I don't know how long it will be available.

LauraM[_2_]
August 2nd 08, 03:02 AM
On Jul 30, 7:34*pm, "Rona Y." > wrote:
> On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM > wrote:
>
> > Have you all seen this? *It's truly amazing. *If you scroll down,
> > there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp
>
> The entire documentary is available on youtube, too, if anyone is
> interested in watching it. *I watched it a couple of months ago (it's
> long!), but it's such a great story. *For some reason, it has hit mass
> media in the last couple of weeks and the video (or one of the many
> versions of the video--my favourite is the one with the Aerosmith
> song--it ends with something like, "A pet's love is forever!") has
> appeared on The View, The Today Show, etc. *The best part about the
> recent exposure is that they interviewed Ace Bourke and John Rendall
> on the Today Show today! *They're definitely not hippies anymore!
>
> BTW, there are some inaccuracies with the story as on Snopes. *The
> video of the reunion was taken in 1972, 1 year after Christian arrived
> in Africa, not in 1974, and he did not have cubs at the time. *The
> story on Snopes about Christian waiting for Ace and John with his cubs
> did happen in 1974, but that was not videotaped.
>
> If you want to read an update on the story, and watch the Today Show
> interview with Ace Bourke and John Rendall, it's athttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25797678/
> but I don't know how long it will be available.

Didn't know if some of you missed this, but it's the most heart-
warming video of a lion I've ever seen. So sweet!!

Claude V. Lucas
August 2nd 08, 03:19 AM
In article >,
LauraM > wrote:
>On Jul 30, 7:34*pm, "Rona Y." > wrote:
>> On Jul 30, 9:11*am, LauraM > wrote:
>>
>> > Have you all seen this? *It's truly amazing. *If you scroll down,
>> > there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text
>says.http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp
>
>> The entire documentary is available on youtube, too, if anyone is
>> interested in watching it. *I watched it a couple of months ago (it's
>> long!), but it's such a great story. *For some reason, it has hit mass
>> media in the last couple of weeks and the video (or one of the many
>> versions of the video--my favourite is the one with the Aerosmith
>> song--it ends with something like, "A pet's love is forever!") has
>> appeared on The View, The Today Show, etc. *The best part about the
>> recent exposure is that they interviewed Ace Bourke and John Rendall
>> on the Today Show today! *They're definitely not hippies anymore!
>>
>> BTW, there are some inaccuracies with the story as on Snopes. *The
>> video of the reunion was taken in 1972, 1 year after Christian arrived
>> in Africa, not in 1974, and he did not have cubs at the time. *The
>> story on Snopes about Christian waiting for Ace and John with his cubs
>> did happen in 1974, but that was not videotaped.
>>
>> If you want to read an update on the story, and watch the Today Show
>> interview with Ace Bourke and John Rendall, it's athttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25797678/
>> but I don't know how long it will be available.
>
>Didn't know if some of you missed this, but it's the most heart-
>warming video of a lion I've ever seen. So sweet!!

Here's another nice one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bicIwwQhNtc

This one's not as heart-warming, but it's kinda funny
if you take the lion's perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9te_DPwD19A

LauraM[_2_]
August 2nd 08, 05:45 AM
On Aug 1, 7:19*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
> In article >,
>

> LauraM > wrote:

> >says.http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp
>
> >> The entire documentary is available on youtube, too, if anyone is
> >> interested in watching it. *I watched it a couple of months ago (it's
> >> long!), but it's such a great story. *For some reason, it has hit mass
> >> media in the last couple of weeks and the video (or one of the many
> >> versions of the video--my favourite is the one with the Aerosmith
> >> song--it ends with something like, "A pet's love is forever!") has
> >> appeared on The View, The Today Show, etc. *The best part about the
> >> recent exposure is that they interviewed Ace Bourke and John Rendall
> >> on the Today Show today! *They're definitely not hippies anymore!
>
> >> BTW, there are some inaccuracies with the story as on Snopes. *The
> >> video of the reunion was taken in 1972, 1 year after Christian arrived
> >> in Africa, not in 1974, and he did not have cubs at the time. *The
> >> story on Snopes about Christian waiting for Ace and John with his cubs
> >> did happen in 1974, but that was not videotaped.
>
> >> If you want to read an update on the story, and watch the Today Show
> >> interview with Ace Bourke and John Rendall, it's athttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25797678/
> >> but I don't know how long it will be available.
>
> >Didn't know if some of you missed this, but it's the most heart-
> >warming video of a lion I've ever seen. *So sweet!!
>
> Here's another nice one
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bicIwwQhNtc
>
> This one's not as heart-warming, but it's kinda funny
> if you take the lion's perspective.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9te_DPwD19A- Hide quoted text -

OMG...that lion is absolutely adorable. I'd love to bury my face in
his mane. As for the antelope or whatever it was that ran into the
tree. OUCH!

Thanks for those...

Stampir
August 16th 08, 06:10 AM
"LauraM" > wrote in message
> Have you all seen this? It's truly amazing. If you scroll down,
> there's a video you can watch that summarizes what the text says.
> http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp

Nice story. Who says cats aren't loyal?