PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

news[_2_]
July 30th 08, 06:31 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6293971

Poor baby!

Candace
July 31st 08, 03:19 AM
On Jul 30, 10:31*am, "news" > wrote:
> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6293971
>
> Poor baby!

Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.

Candace

-L.
July 31st 08, 11:35 AM
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" > wrote:
> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6293971
>
> Poor baby!

She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
maybe?)

-L.

James
July 31st 08, 04:27 PM
On Jul 31, 6:35*am, "-L." > wrote:
> On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" > wrote:
>
> >http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6293971
>
> > Poor baby!
>
> She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
> her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
> maybe?)
>
> -L.

Must have been an indoor cat or else people would know the owner.

news[_2_]
July 31st 08, 05:18 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
> On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" > wrote:
>> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6293971
>>
>> Poor baby!
>
> She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
> her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
> maybe?)
>
> -L.

It doesn't say whether the cat wandered away or she just let him out on the
streets.

jmc
July 31st 08, 09:09 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
> On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" > wrote:
>> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6293971
>>
>> Poor baby!
>
> Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
> lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
> instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.
>
> Candace

I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...

I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
a terribly young age. She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
It was heartbreaking. Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. At least they
listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
Except for the milk.

Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
have any more pets.

jmc

Claude V. Lucas
July 31st 08, 09:26 PM
In article >,
jmc > wrote:
>Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
>> On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" > wrote:
>>> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6293971
>>>
>>> Poor baby!
>>
>> Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
>> lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
>> instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.
>>
>> Candace
>
>I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
>Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
>could be seen as a kind of abuse. She needs a home where the owner
>understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
>dangers for humans...
>
>I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
> I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
>inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
>years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
>a terribly young age. She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
>It was heartbreaking. Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
>male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. At least they
>listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
>Except for the milk.
>
>Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
>have any more pets.

I just saw on the news that the owner dumped it because they
didn't want to feed it anymore...

I'll refrain from comment.

James
July 31st 08, 10:02 PM
On Jul 31, 4:26*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
> In article >,
>

> jmc > wrote:
> >Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):

> >> Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
> >> lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
> >> instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.
>
> >> Candace
>
> >I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
> >Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
> >could be seen as a kind of abuse. *She needs a home where the owner
> >understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
> >dangers for humans...
>
> >I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. *Gorgeous, sweet kitten.

Claude V. Lucas
July 31st 08, 10:21 PM
In article >,
James > wrote:
>On Jul 31, 4:26*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
>> In article >,
>>

>> jmc > wrote:
>> >Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):

>> >I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
>> >Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
>> >could be seen as a kind of abuse. *She needs a home where the owner
>> >understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
>> >dangers for humans...
>>
>> >I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. *Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
>> > *I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
>> >inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
>> >years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
>> >a terribly young age. *She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
>> >It was heartbreaking. *Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
>> >male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. *At least they
>> >listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
>> >Except for the milk.
>>
>> >Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
>> >have any more pets.
>>
>> I just saw on the news that the owner dumped it because they
>> didn't want to feed it anymore...
>>
>> I'll refrain from comment.- Hide quoted text -

>Of course it didn't matter that the owner lost her home and is
>homeless. Let's all wag our tongues about what she did to the cat.

The news blurb I saw didn't mention that.

Hope things work out for both of them.

Candace
August 1st 08, 04:52 AM
On Jul 31, 2:02*pm, James > wrote:
> On Jul 31, 4:26*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
>

> > In article >,
>
> > jmc > wrote:
> > >Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):

> > >I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
> > >Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
> > >could be seen as a kind of abuse. *She needs a home where the owner
> > >understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
> > >dangers for humans...
>
> > >I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. *Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
> > > *I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
> > >inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
> > >years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
> > >a terribly young age. *She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.

cybercat
August 1st 08, 07:53 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote

> Hope things work out for both of them.

As Candace said, "there but for the grace of God ..."

Claude V. Lucas
August 1st 08, 08:02 PM
In article >,
cybercat > wrote:

>"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote
>>
>> Hope things work out for both of them.
>
>As Candace said, "there but for the grace of God ..."

As things develop, it seems that it would be "Prince Chunk"

Hopefully his new owner will help him shrink a bit.

Robotech_Master
August 1st 08, 08:04 PM
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:52:51 -0700 (PDT), Candace > wrote:

> At least this kitty will probably luck out and because she is so
> obese.

Because *he* is so obese. The producers of Regis & Kelly got a
veterinarian to determine that the cat was indeed male (and his name
is actually Powder).

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jWRJjgw9HBvtZTscmeWhr0iRJeQAD9295RE0B

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
| Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped in
| Yahoo: robotech_master_2000 | a sig file!

jmc
August 1st 08, 08:36 PM
Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (7/31/2008 5:02 PM):
> On Jul 31, 4:26 pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
>> In article >,
>>

>> jmc > wrote:
>>> Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
>>> I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
>>> Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
>>> could be seen as a kind of abuse. She needs a home where the owner
>>> understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
>>> dangers for humans...
>>> I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
>>> I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
>>> inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
>>> years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
>>> a terribly young age. She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
>>> It was heartbreaking. Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
>>> male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. At least they
>>> listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
>>> Except for the milk.
>>> Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
>>> have any more pets.
>> I just saw on the news that the owner dumped it because they
>> didn't want to feed it anymore...
>>
>> I'll refrain from comment.- Hide quoted text -

> Of course it didn't matter that the owner lost her home and is
> homeless. Let's all wag our tongues about what she did to the cat.

Didn't know that. Story is still developing, I guess. In today's
economy, this is probably not as unusual as one might hope. As others
have said, there by the grace of God (or whomever your chosen diety may
be)...

Good news for her is, I think most homeless pets that get some
publicity, are much more likelier to find homes.

jmc

Arjun Ray
August 5th 08, 04:18 AM
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 03:35:42 -0700 (PDT), "-L."
> wrote:

| She's the reason I popped in - I wondered if Phil new anything about
| her. (Isn't he in NJ?...Or am I thinking of someone else...? Arjun
| maybe?)

Phil. He's in NJ. I'm in NYC (Brooklyn, actually).