PDA

View Full Version : Bottle feeding

Laurie
August 2nd 08, 11:03 PM
Can anyone give me some good tips about how to get a decent hole in the
nipple of the AG nursing bottle? I've tried hot needles, picture
hanging nails, and then some other kind of nail. Still the formula
won't go through. I put the nail through and sat the nipple in boiling
water so it wouldn't "heal" but still the hole is just too tiny. How do
y'all make those holes? Thanks!

Christina Websell
August 2nd 08, 11:42 PM
"Laurie" > wrote in message
> Can anyone give me some good tips about how to get a decent hole in the
> nipple of the AG nursing bottle? I've tried hot needles, picture
> hanging nails, and then some other kind of nail. Still the formula
> won't go through. I put the nail through and sat the nipple in boiling
> water so it wouldn't "heal" but still the hole is just too tiny. How do
> y'all make those holes? Thanks

A hot nail through the nipple should be more than sufficient. Maybe your
formula is too thick? I've raised many babes with just a needle hole.

A hot nil

Phil P.
August 3rd 08, 12:04 AM
"Laurie" > wrote in message
> Can anyone give me some good tips about how to get a decent hole in the
> nipple of the AG nursing bottle? I've tried hot needles, picture
> hanging nails, and then some other kind of nail. Still the formula
> won't go through. I put the nail through and sat the nipple in boiling
> water so it wouldn't "heal" but still the hole is just too tiny. How do
> y'all make those holes? Thanks!

Use the pin on a corn-on-the-cob holder.

Wendy
August 3rd 08, 05:46 PM
"Laurie" > wrote in message
> Can anyone give me some good tips about how to get a decent hole in the
> nipple of the AG nursing bottle? I've tried hot needles, picture
> hanging nails, and then some other kind of nail. Still the formula
> won't go through. I put the nail through and sat the nipple in boiling
> water so it wouldn't "heal" but still the hole is just too tiny. How do
> y'all make those holes? Thanks!

I usually take a tiny pair of scissors (like embroidery scissors) and make a
small cross cut in the end of the nipple. Then I start cutting away bits of
one of the points I made until I get a hole the size I want.