PDA

View Full Version : Cat wets my bed :(

Robotech_Master
August 6th 08, 04:37 AM
My cat keeps wetting my bed.

Repeatedly.

This is Diva, the "alpha" female of my house.

The first time it happened was a couple weeks back. Actually, I think
she (or one of the cats) threw up on it.

The second time was the weekend before last, when I was away at a
medical study clinic. Actually, she really did a number on my room
then. Pee and poop on the bed, and on the pillows I had on the
floor. I ended up throwing a couple of them out. They were old
pillows anyway. I thought it might have been because the person I had
feeding them and emptying the litterbox for me didn't actually empty
the litterbox (it was very full when I got back).

Last weekend I kept my door closed when I was away, and everything
seemed all right. But this morning, after getting up and getting
dressed, I came back into my bedroom to find a pee spot on my bed that
had soaked through *everything* down to the mattress.

This evening when I got home, I took my sheets and comforter to the
laundromat and washed them. (I used some enzymatic de-odorizer on the
spots on the mattress.) I got them home, put them back on my bed, and
came in here to check my email before I went to bed.

Then I looked up and noticed the door to my bedroom was open a crack.
And I went in and found Diva on the bed, and a pee spot nearby, that
had *again* soaked through everything. AUGH! I can't keep doing the
laundry every night!

Why is she doing it, and how can I stop this?

--
Chris Meadows aka | WWW: http://www.terrania.us | Somebody
Robotech_Master | ICQ: 5477383 AIM: RoboMastr | help, I'm
| Skype, LJ-Gizmo: Robotech_Master | trapped in
| Yahoo: robotech_master_2000 | a sig file!

AZ Nomad[_2_]
August 6th 08, 04:50 AM
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 03:37:03 GMT, Robotech_Master > wrote:

>Then I looked up and noticed the door to my bedroom was open a crack.
>And I went in and found Diva on the bed, and a pee spot nearby, that
>had *again* soaked through everything. AUGH! I can't keep doing the
>laundry every night!

>Why is she doing it, and how can I stop this?

You have a crazy ****ing ****ting cat. The only solution is to bring
her to the pound and get a different cat. Take one out of the line to
the pound's death chamber and put crazycat in its place.

cybercat
August 6th 08, 05:13 AM
"Robotech_Master" > wrote in message
g...
> My cat keeps wetting my bed.
>
> Repeatedly.
>
> This is Diva, the "alpha" female of my house.

I saw this coming.

Bobblespin
August 6th 08, 01:57 PM
Robotech_Master > wrote in
g:

> My cat keeps wetting my bed.
>
> Repeatedly.
>
> This is Diva, the "alpha" female of my house.
>
> The first time it happened was a couple weeks back. Actually, I think
> she (or one of the cats) threw up on it.
>
> The second time was the weekend before last, when I was away at a
> medical study clinic. Actually, she really did a number on my room
> then. Pee and poop on the bed, and on the pillows I had on the
> floor. I ended up throwing a couple of them out. They were old
> pillows anyway. I thought it might have been because the person I had
> feeding them and emptying the litterbox for me didn't actually empty
> the litterbox (it was very full when I got back).
>
> Last weekend I kept my door closed when I was away, and everything
> seemed all right. But this morning, after getting up and getting
> dressed, I came back into my bedroom to find a pee spot on my bed that
> had soaked through *everything* down to the mattress.
>
> This evening when I got home, I took my sheets and comforter to the
> laundromat and washed them. (I used some enzymatic de-odorizer on the
> spots on the mattress.) I got them home, put them back on my bed, and
> came in here to check my email before I went to bed.
>
> Then I looked up and noticed the door to my bedroom was open a crack.
> And I went in and found Diva on the bed, and a pee spot nearby, that
> had *again* soaked through everything. AUGH! I can't keep doing the
> laundry every night!
>
> Why is she doing it, and how can I stop this?

I had a co-worker once whose cat peed on her bed every time she had gone
out of town. This went on for years. Unfortunately cats can only express
themselves this way - they can't talk. Until she's no longer mad at you,
you could put a plastic sheet under the top cover. You'll have less to
wash.

Rene S.
August 6th 08, 02:06 PM
Please bring your cat to the vet for a check up. It's possible she has
a urinary tract infection or other ailment. You must rule out anything
medical before you focus on behavioral issues.

honeybunch
August 7th 08, 01:11 AM
On Aug 6, 9:06*am, "Rene S." > wrote:
> Please bring your cat to the vet for a check up. It's possible she has
> a urinary tract infection or other ailment. You must rule out anything
> medical before you focus on behavioral issues.

I agree with Rene. but...duhhhh...does your bedroom have a door? Can
you keep it shut? 1. Keep the bedroom door shut. 2. Take the cat to
the vet to see if she has a urinary infection. 3. How many cats and
how many litter pans do you have anyways? Allow one litter pan per
cat. Make sure your friend cleans the pans when you go away for the
weekend.

Rene S.
August 7th 08, 03:57 PM
> I agree with Rene. *but...duhhhh...does your bedroom have a door? *Can
> you keep it shut? *1. Keep the bedroom door shut. 2. Take the cat to
> the vet to see if she has a urinary infection. 3. How many cats and
> how many litter pans do you have anyways? *Allow one litter pan per
> cat. *Make sure your friend cleans the pans when you go away for the
> weekend.

To expand upon what honeybunch has written, how often do you scoop the
boxes when you're home? A minimum of once per day if you have multiple
cats, twice a day is better. And certainly, if you leave for the
weekend have someone come and maintain the litterboxes, and give the
cats some attention.

S.Smith
August 10th 08, 09:06 PM
"Rene S." > wrote in message

> I agree with Rene. but...duhhhh...does your bedroom have a door? Can
> you keep it shut? 1. Keep the bedroom door shut. 2. Take the cat to
> the vet to see if she has a urinary infection. 3. How many cats and
> how many litter pans do you have anyways? Allow one litter pan per
> cat. Make sure your friend cleans the pans when you go away for the
> weekend.

To expand upon what honeybunch has written, how often do you scoop the
boxes when you're home? A minimum of once per day if you have multiple
cats, twice a day is better. And certainly, if you leave for the
weekend have someone come and maintain the litterboxes, and give the
cats some attention.

Reasons could be: Stress from too many cats/animals, poorly maintained
litter boxes and not enough attention or play time from you. Also, could be
medical--please get her to a vet soon. If it is a urinary tract problem,
there are additives you can add to her food.
Shirley