PDA

View Full Version : Where did the r.p.c.h+b veterans go?

Brian Link
August 16th 08, 02:53 AM
Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
posters to trolls, but apparently that's flipped with the renewed
energies of psychopaths like cybercat. She's very vocal anonymously,
but I doubt she'd be brave enough to sit down with coffee with me.

Are there any web message boards that have good conversants and decent
advice? Where are y'all going, leaving the rest of us here to fill our
kill-filters with enough trolls as to render the newsgroup useless?

I have many questions I'd rather not pay top-dollar for at the local
vet. This had been a useful newsgroup 'til the trolls took over.

Sadly, that's the way Usenet has been trending. Some of my most
favorite groups have succumbed to troll/spam to the point where
they're unreadable now.

Although I'm an advocate for Usenet in that it was an unfettered
platform for discussion, sociopaths like cybercat have rendered its
usefulness to zero. Sad to see rec.pets.cats fall to the same poison.
I'm sure Cybercat is happy, though she should realize that when she
scares everyone off, she'll have nobody left to torture.

Same as virii in the human body, I guess. Parasites ultimately kill
the host.

BLink
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman

dejablues[_4_]
August 16th 08, 04:02 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
> posters to trolls,

You're accessing Usenet via a newsreader, so figure out how to use the
killfiles.

> Are there any web message boards that have good conversants and decent
> advice?

No.

>Where are y'all going, leaving the rest of us here to fill our
> kill-filters with enough trolls as to render the newsgroup useless?

Oh, how transparent and disingenous of you!

> I have many questions I'd rather not pay top-dollar for at the local
> vet.

Usenet is not a substitute for actual veterinary advice.

>This had been a useful newsgroup 'til the trolls took over.
> Sadly, that's the way Usenet has been trending. Some of my most
> favorite groups have succumbed to troll/spam to the point where
> they're unreadable now.

You haven't learned how to filter the chaff, or you're just whining. My bet
is on the whining.

> Although I'm an advocate for Usenet in that it was an unfettered
> platform for discussion, sociopaths like **3 have rendered its
> usefulness to zero. Sad to see rec.pets.cats fall to the same poison.
> I'm sure** 5 is happy, though she should realize that when she
> scares everyone off, she'll have nobody left to torture.

Aww, all that was just to poke at another Usenet poster? GoshDarn! You must
have a real hard-on for her.

Matthew[_3_]
August 16th 08, 06:44 AM
"Brian Link" >

Are you still here STFU and move on or deal with it and STFU

Outsider
August 16th 08, 01:39 PM
Brian Link > wrote in
:

> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
..
..
..silly whining nonesense removed
..
..
> "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
> relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Well, you could try growing up and acting like an adult. BTW: what is
_your_ full name and address?

Janet
August 16th 08, 03:08 PM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
> posters to trolls, but apparently that's flipped with the renewed
> energies of psychopaths like cybercat. She's very vocal anonymously,
> but I doubt she'd be brave enough to sit down with coffee with me.

As a new poster with a first cat, I have certainly noted the usual
cemplement of nutcases and trolls around here, by Cybercat is not one of
them.

cybercat
August 16th 08, 06:50 PM
"Janet" > wrote in message

> "Brian Link" > wrote in message
>> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
>> posters to trolls, but apparently that's flipped with the renewed
>> energies of psychopaths like cybercat. She's very vocal anonymously,
>> but I doubt she'd be brave enough to sit down with coffee with me.
>
> As a new poster with a first cat, I have certainly noted the usual
> cemplement of nutcases and trolls around here, by Cybercat is not one of
> them.

Thank you, Janet. When you get a few more of Brian's contributions, you'll
see why I feel the way I do. Let's see, the last one was, "my cat has a
lump, how can I tell if it is cancer without taking him to the vet, I don't
have any money for a vet."

I recall YEARS of posts in which he detailed the misery of this same cat,
caused by doing a variety of stupid things, including adding cats to the
household in a stupid way. Whether he trolls or not, it has the same effect
on those of us who love cats. This kind of stupidity and neglect might as
well be a troll. In fact I wish it were a troll, then no real cats would be
suffering.

Brian Link
August 16th 08, 10:22 PM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:02:41 -0400, "dejablues"
> wrote:

>"Brian Link" > wrote in message
>> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
>> posters to trolls,
>
>You're accessing Usenet via a newsreader, so figure out how to use the
>killfiles.
>

>> Are there any web message boards that have good conversants and decent
>> advice?
>
>No.
>
>>Where are y'all going, leaving the rest of us here to fill our
>> kill-filters with enough trolls as to render the newsgroup useless?
>
>Oh, how transparent and disingenous of you!

It's "disingenuous".

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Brian Link
August 16th 08, 10:26 PM
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:08:01 -0400, "Janet" >
wrote:

>"Brian Link" > wrote in message
>> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
>> posters to trolls, but apparently that's flipped with the renewed
>> energies of psychopaths like cybercat. She's very vocal anonymously,
>> but I doubt she'd be brave enough to sit down with coffee with me.
>
>As a new poster with a first cat, I have certainly noted the usual
>cemplement of nutcases and trolls around here, by Cybercat is not one of
>them.

Thanks Janet - I guess she just has a thing for me. Prolly should just
get a different 'nym.

I've watched previously decent newsgroups be destroyed by a batch of
trolls - the most popular groups first, and gradually more niche
groups like this one. It's the way of the cyber-world, I guess, but
it's sad to think there's no other alternative.

At least I got a few more Plonks out of the replies to this thread.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Matthew[_3_]
August 17th 08, 08:06 AM
"Brian Link" >

ROFLMAO

Hey Cyber he has the hots for you be careful next thing you know he is
going to PLONK you

cybercat
August 17th 08, 06:23 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...

> "Brian Link" >
>
> ROFLMAO
>
> Hey Cyber he has the hots for you be careful next thing you know he is
> going to PLONK you

That's all I need. I already have so many of these things pointed at me I
feel like Jesse James. :)

CatNipped[_2_]
August 18th 08, 02:51 PM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
> posters to trolls, but apparently that's flipped with the renewed

Actually, I've always considered *you* the troll!

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
August 18th 08, 02:52 PM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:02:41 -0400, "dejablues"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Brian Link" > wrote in message
>>> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
>>> posters to trolls,
>>
>>You're accessing Usenet via a newsreader, so figure out how to use the
>>killfiles.
>>

>>> Are there any web message boards that have good conversants and decent
>>> advice?
>>
>>No.
>>
>>>Where are y'all going, leaving the rest of us here to fill our
>>> kill-filters with enough trolls as to render the newsgroup useless?
>>
>>Oh, how transparent and disingenous of you!
>
> It's "disingenuous".

And here he proves he's the lamest of lame trolls - pointing out typos tells
you the level of his reparte.

CatNipped

> BLink
> --------------------------
> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Matthew[_3_]
August 18th 08, 05:38 PM
"Brian Link" >

TROLL ALERT -40 ranking

Brian Link
August 20th 08, 03:38 AM
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:51:08 -0500, "CatNipped"
> wrote:

>"Brian Link" > wrote in message
>> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
>> posters to trolls, but apparently that's flipped with the renewed
>
>Actually, I've always considered *you* the troll!
>
>CatNipped

Yeah. Look at my history.

You can do that with your Newsreader. Or Google. I can teach you how
to use them when you've trimmed the weeds outside of your double-wide.
Just ask.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

CatNipped[_2_]
August 20th 08, 04:54 PM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:51:08 -0500, "CatNipped"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Brian Link" > wrote in message
>>> Rec.pets.cats.health+behav used to have a decent ratio of actual
>>> posters to trolls, but apparently that's flipped with the renewed
>>
>>Actually, I've always considered *you* the troll!
>>
>>CatNipped
>>

> Yeah. Look at my history.
>
> You can do that with your Newsreader. Or Google. I can teach you how
> to use them when you've trimmed the weeds outside of your double-wide.
> Just ask.

I don't have to google, I can remember all your posts (some of us have
brains that aren't beer-soaked and actually function)!

CatNipped