PDA

View Full Version : Boone and the ghostly kitten cries

Margaret Fine
November 1st 04, 08:37 PM
Friday night was perfect Halloween weather around here. Foggy and misty
and the moon occasionally peeking past rushing clouds. I took Boone
outside really late. It probably was actually already Saturday morning.
Instead of doing his usual pee as fast as he can and get back to the
dry apartment Boone pulled me out the door and down the sidewalk. He
looked like a dog on a mission. He marched me into the street and up a
side road that dead ends. Where the road dead ends 3 different
apartment community's property intersect.

When we got to the dead end Boone stood still as he could. You could
see he was straining to hear something. He almost looked like a
pointer. I asked him "What do you hear boy?" which earned me a dirty
look that said "QUIET!" So I just stood there and listened. Then I
heard it. The cries of a small kitten. I listened some more. Boone
stiffened and listened and the started scenting the air. I couldn't
figure out where the sound was coming from. It was like it was echoing
off the fog. Boone didn't seem to be able to get a scent.

We started looking around. We checked under bushes and in door wells.
No kitten. Then the sound stopped. We stood there for a while but it
never started up again. We went back several times over the weekend but
no crying kitten. It is possible the sound was coming from one of the
apartments and someone shut a window. Or it is possible that Mother Cat
came back and quieted her little one and then moved it after seeing a
human and dog around. Or it could have been the cries of something not
of this world anymore. We may never know.

What really gives me goose bumps, tho, is Boone. How did he know that
there was a little kitten crying out there? He couldn't have possibly
herd it from the apartment. It reminded me greatly of when he and our
RB Golden, Argus, found Oliver. That time they also insisted on going a
certain way and didn't seem in the least surprised when Oliver popped
out of the bushes and greeted them with head butts and rubs.

We will keep going back and keep our eyes peeled. Never know when Boone
is going to decide he needs another kitten!
--
Margaret Fine

Kreisleriana
November 1st 04, 10:36 PM
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:37:09 GMT, Margaret Fine
> yodeled:

>Friday night was perfect Halloween weather around here. Foggy and misty
>and the moon occasionally peeking past rushing clouds. I took Boone
>outside really late. It probably was actually already Saturday morning.
> Instead of doing his usual pee as fast as he can and get back to the
>dry apartment Boone pulled me out the door and down the sidewalk. He
>looked like a dog on a mission. He marched me into the street and up a
>side road that dead ends. Where the road dead ends 3 different
>apartment community's property intersect.
>
>When we got to the dead end Boone stood still as he could. You could
>see he was straining to hear something. He almost looked like a
>pointer. I asked him "What do you hear boy?" which earned me a dirty
>look that said "QUIET!" So I just stood there and listened. Then I
>heard it. The cries of a small kitten. I listened some more. Boone
>stiffened and listened and the started scenting the air. I couldn't
>figure out where the sound was coming from. It was like it was echoing
>off the fog. Boone didn't seem to be able to get a scent.
>
>We started looking around. We checked under bushes and in door wells.
>No kitten. Then the sound stopped. We stood there for a while but it
>never started up again. We went back several times over the weekend but
>no crying kitten. It is possible the sound was coming from one of the
>apartments and someone shut a window. Or it is possible that Mother Cat
>came back and quieted her little one and then moved it after seeing a
>human and dog around. Or it could have been the cries of something not
>of this world anymore. We may never know.
>
>What really gives me goose bumps, tho, is Boone. How did he know that
>there was a little kitten crying out there? He couldn't have possibly
>herd it from the apartment. It reminded me greatly of when he and our
>RB Golden, Argus, found Oliver. That time they also insisted on going a
>certain way and didn't seem in the least surprised when Oliver popped
>out of the bushes and greeted them with head butts and rubs.
>
>We will keep going back and keep our eyes peeled. Never know when Boone
> is going to decide he needs another kitten!

What a sweet doggie! Continued purrs for his good health.

Theresa