PDA

View Full Version : Re: Update on the American Eskimo

Jim Manson
August 26th 08, 06:06 PM
"Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Resea rch_Laboratory"
wrote:

>HOWEDY jim
>
>You're makin it very difficult for The Sincerely Incredibly
> Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing, Majestic Grand Master
>Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferret, Monkey, SpHOWES,
>And Horsey Wizard not to call you a pathetic miserable stinkin
>rotten lyin dog abusin punk thug coward active acute chronic
> life-long incurable malignant maliciHOWES MENTAL CASE.

Hi,

Actually I've looked at your webpage and read some of your posts.
You have some good ideas and some things that I agree with. That said,
there are also a lot of things I don't agree with.

I think I'll continue the way I am for now and see how it goes. This
isn't the first rescue I've had, or the first abused dog. I do know
that if I had handled the last one the way you advocate he wouldn't
have turned out to be the wonderful companion he was.

I like your methods but I don't like reducing dogs to the lowest
common denominator that you insist on. I leave room for them to have
more of a personality. I agree that one cannot indulge in
anthropomorphism but dogs also can't be reduced to a simple bag of
instinct/reactions. I think there's a middle ground. Heredity vs.
environment and all that.

Anyway, I do appreciate the advice and I will keep reading your posts,
well most of them.... :-)

Thanks,

-Jim