PDA

View Full Version : fighting, when to stop it? & 1 more Q

ensoul[_2_]
August 27th 08, 01:57 AM
I have'nt posted here in some time due to crashed computer and may
thanks to an online friend that talked through repairing it

Moe & Rudy are brothers we had got from SPCA at 8 months of age..they
are indoor cats & neutered, when we got them...someone had dropped
them and thier sisters in bag at the side of road, only Moe & Rudy
survied (spelling)..the SPCA here as a no kill policy so they been
since being kitten and were kept in the same cage

last spring I had to get them shaved because awful matted clumps of
hair after they went very aggresive fighting it wasn't thier normal
stuff..it lasted 2 months! I had keep seprated wasn't easy in small 2
bdrm place...luckliy I have 2 litter boxes...I got the furmiantor
brush it does wonders..they both are long hair...they don't like it
all so they get treat afterwords (cats treats only)

They have numerous toys and I do rotate them; they have one was huge
cat thingie it's taller than myself at 5ft..it makes for a great
scracthcing post (sorry abt the spelling running on little sleep) I
keep it near a window so they can look out, I only have 5 windows in
my place and they acess to 4 of them

anyway couple months more than year later and Rudy likes pin down Moe
as in climping on top of him and biting into the nape of Moe's neck

should I stop this type of behavior? Is normal? There are 3 yrs old
now, that's not old for cats..after it happens they ram around my
place knocking over lamps and everything in their way

I also engage them w/interacive play with...they run after me when I
bring out "Da bird" and other interactive toys

They other Q...can cats be too needy? This is my first time having 2
cats in the household, always has been 1 cat policy. My late husband
had thought get 2 to keep each other company when he was in the
hospital so many times and it was 70 miles away. I would stay up there
w/him. Mind you they weren't kept alone, my daugheter took care of
them, feeding and spending time with "the boys"

They want to be on my lap the minute I sit down, then other guy that's
not my lap will sit waiting until his brother gets down. Or usally Moe
will edge his way in and Rudy gives up.

I know cats have there own indiv. personality. They both very friendy
and everbody that comes here gets full assult as in, love me, love
me..in thier lap soon as they sit down. If you ignore them (this
happens to me, too) you get a tap on the face with a paw and it
doesn't stop until you give lots of loving.

Neither one sleeps with me. I've tried but they're always pokeing
around into something. They don't settle down on the bed. Every cat
that has been in my family has slept with me (that doesn't sound
right, LOL). They'll start up rumble in my bdrm it gets carried out to
living room then they come back to bdrm and start all over again. I'm
hoping when they get older they can share a bed with me...cripes I'm
sounding like perv! lack of sleep don't know what I'm doing

ok, I've babbled too long

ensoul

PS If it matters they are large cats weighing at 15lbs each, they
stand on their paws often. It's been done to get my attention. I'm
5ft. tall and they reach up my hip when on their hind legs.

Rene S.
August 27th 08, 02:07 PM
> should I stop this type of behavior? *Is normal? *There are 3 yrs old
> now, that's not old for cats..after it happens they ram around my
> place knocking over lamps and everything in their way

Yes, this is normal, especially for younger cats with lots of energy.
You don't need to stop the behavior *unless* it gets vicious or out of
control. Just let them work it out. You can distract them with a toy,
if you like.

> They other Q...can cats be too needy? *This is my first time having 2
> cats in the household, always has been 1 cat policy. *My late husband
> had thought *get 2 to keep each other company when he was in the
> hospital so many times and it was 70 miles away. I would stay up there
> w/him. *Mind you they weren't kept alone, my daugheter took care of
> them, feeding and spending time with "the boys"

Every cat is different. Some are lap cats; others are not. It sounds
like you have two lap cats who enjoy sitting with you. :-) Of my two
cats, one is very needy, wanting to always be within sight of me. The
other is affectionate, but on his schedule. He'll come to me when he
wants attention.

Sounds like you have two happy, active cats. Enjoy!