PDA

View Full Version : What alternatives to Revolution do you like?

Lisa C
August 28th 08, 02:58 PM
After using Revolution for a year and a half, he had a reaction to it
back in June. He lost all his hair in the spot, it scabbed over, and
was itchy. I just used it again and the same thing happened.

1) Could it have been a bad batch of Revolution? 2) What do you all
use besides Revollution? I will be seeing my vet in a few weeks when
I head back to Florida to discuss all this, but I was wondering what
you all used.

Matthew[_3_]
August 28th 08, 05:12 PM
I use advantage never had a problem
"Lisa C" > wrote in message
> After using Revolution for a year and a half, he had a reaction to it
> back in June. He lost all his hair in the spot, it scabbed over, and
> was itchy. I just used it again and the same thing happened.
>
> 1) Could it have been a bad batch of Revolution? 2) What do you all
> use besides Revollution? I will be seeing my vet in a few weeks when
> I head back to Florida to discuss all this, but I was wondering what
> you all used.

jmc
August 28th 08, 10:09 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Lisa C exclaimed (8/28/2008 9:58 AM):
> After using Revolution for a year and a half, he had a reaction to it
> back in June. He lost all his hair in the spot, it scabbed over, and
> was itchy. I just used it again and the same thing happened.
>
> 1) Could it have been a bad batch of Revolution? 2) What do you all
> use besides Revollution? I will be seeing my vet in a few weeks when
> I head back to Florida to discuss all this, but I was wondering what
> you all used.

Actually, Meep's on Revolution because on anything else, she completely
freaks out. Advantage doesn't provide the kind of protection we want,
and it's both Frontline products that freak her out. She would twitch
and bolt around, sometimes for hours.

Revolution is darn expensive, but it's a more complete protection, and
so far Meep's not had a lasting reaction to it. I think she gets a
headache or something when I first put it on - she sits very still and
just has an expression like when I get a "if I move my head will fall
off" headache, but it passes within an hour.

jmc

Petzl
August 30th 08, 12:06 PM
On Aug 28, 11:58*pm, Lisa C > wrote:
> After using Revolution for a year and a half, he had a reaction to it
> back in June. *He lost all his hair in the spot, it scabbed over, and
> was itchy. *I just used it again and the same thing happened.
>
> 1) *Could it have been a bad batch of Revolution? *2) *What do you all
> use besides Revollution? *I will be seeing my vet in a few weeks when
> I head back to Florida to discuss all this, but I was wondering what
> you all used.

Care must be taken when applying Advantage or Revolution
They are poisonous products
The/a thread about Advantage is worth reading
http://tinyurl.com/5vm4tj

In this thread the specific spot on a Cat to apply Advantage is
http://advantage.petparents.com/howToApplyCats.cfm
or http://tinyurl.com/68m7fk

Advantage for my outside inside alley cats (de-sexed females) has
been the perfect answer

Petzl