PDA

View Full Version : best vacuum cleaner??

ensoul[_2_]
September 1st 08, 11:33 PM
I have 2 cats long hair's.... have a good brush, the furmanator and
it's used dailey...live in small 2 bdrm aptm...the mangment/owners are
really awful and that's putting it nicely..it's an apartment complex
(can't afford to move)

what is the best vacum cleaner to use?

I have wall to wall rugs through out expect in the kitchen &
bathroom...the rug is cheap very flat and their fur is very diffucult
to get off and keep off the rug it had clogged up & broken one one
vacum cleaner all ready, a Eukeka Power Plus, 12 amps The Boss...

also it Has to be easy to push i have chronic pain in my upper back,
shoulder, arms & hands

any suggestions are greatly appreciated (ignore the bad spelling &
typo's)

lynn

Stacey Weinberger
September 2nd 08, 02:14 AM
I had the same problem in my previous apartment plus also having two
long-haired cats. I broke down and got the Hoover Wind Tunnel. I am amazed
how much it picks up. It has a "self-propel" feature which might be what
you are looking for.

Stacey

"ensoul" > wrote in message
>I have 2 cats long hair's.... have a good brush, the furmanator and
> it's used dailey...live in small 2 bdrm aptm...the mangment/owners are
> really awful and that's putting it nicely..it's an apartment complex
> (can't afford to move)
>
> what is the best vacum cleaner to use?
>
> I have wall to wall rugs through out expect in the kitchen &
> bathroom...the rug is cheap very flat and their fur is very diffucult
> to get off and keep off the rug it had clogged up & broken one one
> vacum cleaner all ready, a Eukeka Power Plus, 12 amps The Boss...
>
> also it Has to be easy to push i have chronic pain in my upper back,
> shoulder, arms & hands
>
> any suggestions are greatly appreciated (ignore the bad spelling &
> typo's)
>
> lynn

MLB
September 2nd 08, 04:55 PM
Stacey Weinberger wrote:
> I had the same problem in my previous apartment plus also having two
> long-haired cats. I broke down and got the Hoover Wind Tunnel. I am amazed
> how much it picks up. It has a "self-propel" feature which might be what
> you are looking for.
>
> Stacey
>
> "ensoul" > wrote in message
>> I have 2 cats long hair's.... have a good brush, the furmanator and
>> it's used dailey...live in small 2 bdrm aptm...the mangment/owners are
>> really awful and that's putting it nicely..it's an apartment complex
>> (can't afford to move)
>>
>> what is the best vacum cleaner to use?
>>
>> I have wall to wall rugs through out expect in the kitchen &
>> bathroom...the rug is cheap very flat and their fur is very diffucult
>> to get off and keep off the rug it had clogged up & broken one one
>> vacum cleaner all ready, a Eukeka Power Plus, 12 amps The Boss...
>>
>> also it Has to be easy to push i have chronic pain in my upper back,
>> shoulder, arms & hands
>>
>> any suggestions are greatly appreciated (ignore the bad spelling &
>> typo's)
>>
>> lynn

It would help if you got a good brush (perhaps a "slicker brush" and
brushed them daily. The cats would probably love the attention.MLB

Rene S.
September 2nd 08, 06:46 PM
> It would help if you got a good brush (perhaps a "slicker brush" and
> brushed them daily. *The cats would probably love the attention.MLB

The OP said she used the Furminator, which is a great brush.

I have an Oriental rug, which is difficult to vacuum. Cat hair just
sticks to it like glue. I've had the best luck using the sticky roller
on it before vacuuming. You probably don't want to do that in your
entire apartment, but you could try it in some of the high-traffic
areas.

As for a vacuum, we bought a used Royal commercial vac on ebay. It
really sucks up the cat hair (we have two cats) and hasn't clogged.
Here's a model similar to what we bought:
http://www.royalvacuums.com/Commercial/Uprights/M1028Z.aspx

We paid $70 plus shipping. It's easy to repair and very simple in
design. I'm happy with it.

ensoul[_2_]
September 2nd 08, 10:47 PM
On Sep 1, 9:14*pm, "Stacey Weinberger" >
wrote:
> I had the same problem in my previous apartment plus also having two
> long-haired cats. *I broke down and got the Hoover Wind Tunnel. *I am amazed
> how much it picks up. *It has a "self-propel" feature which might be what
> you are looking for.
>
> Stacey
>
> "ensoul" > wrote in message

> >I have 2 cats long hair's.... have a good brush, the furmanator and
> > it's used dailey...live in small 2 bdrm aptm...the mangment/owners are
> > really awful and that's putting it nicely..it's an apartment complex
> > (can't afford to move)
>
> > what is the best vacum cleaner to use?
>
> > I have wall to wall rugs through out expect in the kitchen &
> > bathroom...the rug is cheap very flat and their fur is very diffucult
> > to get off and keep off the rug it had clogged up & broken one one
> > vacum cleaner all ready, a Eukeka Power Plus, 12 amps The Boss...
>
> > also it Has to be easy to push i have chronic pain in my upper back,
> > shoulder, arms & hands
>
> > any suggestions are greatly appreciated (ignore the bad spelling &
> > typo's)

thanks Stacy...I couldn't find my post and do a "search" for it

ensoul[_2_]
September 2nd 08, 10:51 PM
On Sep 2, 1:46*pm, "Rene S." > wrote:
> > It would help if you got a good brush (perhaps a "slicker brush" and
> > brushed them daily. *The cats would probably love the attention.MLB
>
> The OP said she used the Furminator, which is a great brush.
>
> I have an Oriental rug, which is difficult to vacuum. Cat hair just
> sticks to it like glue. I've had the best luck using the sticky roller
> on it before vacuuming. You probably don't want to do that in your
> entire apartment, but you could try it in some of the high-traffic
> areas.
>
> As for a vacuum, we bought a used Royal commercial vac on ebay. It
> really sucks up the cat hair (we have two cats) and hasn't clogged.
> Here's a model similar to what we bought:http://www.royalvacuums.com/Commercial/Uprights/M1028Z.aspx
>
> We paid $70 plus shipping. It's easy to repair and very simple in
> design. I'm happy with it.

Thank you Renee I added this link to "my favorites" while I decided I
have save up the $ either way

thanks to both of you : ) Lynn

Cat Protector
September 3rd 08, 04:35 AM
Bissell seems like a good vaccuum cleaner. You see them every year on Animal
Planet during the Kitty Half-time show. But then again they sponsor it.

"ensoul" > wrote in message
>I have 2 cats long hair's.... have a good brush, the furmanator and
> it's used dailey...live in small 2 bdrm aptm...the mangment/owners are
> really awful and that's putting it nicely..it's an apartment complex
> (can't afford to move)
>
> what is the best vacum cleaner to use?
>
> I have wall to wall rugs through out expect in the kitchen &
> bathroom...the rug is cheap very flat and their fur is very diffucult
> to get off and keep off the rug it had clogged up & broken one one
> vacum cleaner all ready, a Eukeka Power Plus, 12 amps The Boss...
>
> also it Has to be easy to push i have chronic pain in my upper back,
> shoulder, arms & hands
>
> any suggestions are greatly appreciated (ignore the bad spelling &
> typo's)
>
> lynn

dejablues[_4_]
September 4th 08, 02:29 AM
"Rene S." > wrote in message

> It would help if you got a good brush (perhaps a "slicker brush" and
> brushed them daily. The cats would probably love the attention.MLB

>I have an Oriental rug, which is difficult to vacuum. Cat hair just
s>ticks to it like glue. I've had the best luck using the sticky roller
o>n it before vacuuming. You probably don't want to do that in your
en>tire apartment, but you could try it in some of the high-traffic
>areas.

When we had an Oriental carpet, the only thing that would get the cat hair
off of it was a wet sponge. Maybe the OP could use a sponge mop.

ensoul[_2_]
September 6th 08, 12:03 AM
On Sep 3, 9:29*pm, "dejablues" > wrote:
> "Rene S." > wrote in message

> > It would help if you got a good brush (perhaps a "slicker brush" and
> > brushed them daily. The cats would probably love the attention.MLB
> >I have an Oriental rug, which is difficult to vacuum. Cat hair just
>
> s>ticks to it like glue. I've had the best luck using the sticky roller
> o>n it before vacuuming. You probably don't want to do that in your
> en>tire apartment, but you could try it in some of the high-traffic
>
> >areas.
>
> When we had an Oriental carpet, the only thing that would get the cat hair
> off of it was a wet sponge. Maybe the OP could use a sponge mop.

I had a friend suggest the sponge mop it does work well but I end up
in a lot of pain because of having bilateral thoracic outlet syndrome
and bilateral carpal tunnel that's why I asked in my orginal post for
something that is easy to push and pick it up well... easy to get
lost in shuffle I said the following...the rug is cheap very flat and
their fur is very diffucult to get off and keep off the rug it had
clogged up & broken one one vacuum cleaner all ready, a Eukeka Power
Plus, 12 amps The Boss..I do use the furminator brush dailey...Stacey
suggested the self propeled Hoover Wind Tunnel....I live in a small
town only place to shop is wal-mart..my income is very limited being
on Worker's Comp

thanks all

lynn