PDA

View Full Version : paranoid/abused feral female

John Doe
September 2nd 08, 09:01 AM
Took a feral female cat from the alley about 15 months ago. She
suffered from paranoia and/or abuse. The main progress is that she's
less likely to freeze when I get close so she is more likely to move
away. Sometimes my ultra-affectionate neutered male stray is very
close to her on their Skyway, so I use the opportunity to show lots of
affection to him with head scratches and stuff without looking at her,
sometimes she is less than 1 foot away from my hand while doing so.
Her mental problem(s) are like a solid that very slowly wears away,
maybe never completely. But she can't get enough of other cats like
the stray male.

She likes to play with some cheap plastic balls with a bell inside,
made by Hartz. The bell sounds about the same tone/frequency as a
female red bird's chirp.

Here is a picture of her on our carpeted 1x4s Skyway up near the
ceiling. Notice how a feral cats eyes are bright white (just kidding,
the flash did that).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2821044358/

For what it's worth, here's another part of the Skyway.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2821044558/

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2565924423/

Matthew[_3_]
September 2nd 08, 07:48 PM
the furball is beautiful John I love the walkway I wish I cold do
something like that but we got ceiling fans and I know one will be a
typical cat

We had a feral like that what we always did was talk to her as we got
anywhere close to her so she was not nervous that we came up on her. It
took awhile and a lot of treats and love she finally came around and it
was due to the other cats she saw how much they loved to be loved and got in
on the deal

"John Doe" > wrote in message

> Took a feral female cat from the alley about 15 months ago. She
> suffered from paranoia and/or abuse. The main progress is that she's
> less likely to freeze when I get close so she is more likely to move
> away. Sometimes my ultra-affectionate neutered male stray is very
> close to her on their Skyway, so I use the opportunity to show lots of
> affection to him with head scratches and stuff without looking at her,
> sometimes she is less than 1 foot away from my hand while doing so.
> Her mental problem(s) are like a solid that very slowly wears away,
> maybe never completely. But she can't get enough of other cats like
> the stray male.
>
> She likes to play with some cheap plastic balls with a bell inside,
> made by Hartz. The bell sounds about the same tone/frequency as a
> female red bird's chirp.
>
> Here is a picture of her on our carpeted 1x4s Skyway up near the
> ceiling. Notice how a feral cats eyes are bright white (just kidding,
> the flash did that).
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2821044358/
>
> For what it's worth, here's another part of the Skyway.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2821044558/
>

> --
> The first big front wheel rollerblades.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2565924423/
> Google Groups is destroying the USENET archive.

honeybunch
September 3rd 08, 10:35 PM
On Sep 2, 4:01*am, John Doe > wrote:
> Took a feral female cat from the alley about 15 months ago. She
> suffered from paranoia and/or abuse. The main progress is that she's
> less likely to freeze when I get close so she is more likely to move
> away. Sometimes my ultra-affectionate neutered male stray is very
> close to her on their Skyway, so I use the opportunity to show lots of
> affection to him with head scratches and stuff without looking at her,
> sometimes she is less than 1 foot away from my hand while doing so.
> Her mental problem(s) are like a solid that very slowly wears away,
> maybe never completely. But she can't get enough of other cats like
> the stray male.
>
> She likes to play with some cheap plastic balls with a bell inside,
> made by Hartz. The bell sounds about the same tone/frequency as a
> female red bird's chirp.
>
> Here is a picture of her on our carpeted 1x4s Skyway up near the
> ceiling. Notice how a feral cats eyes are bright white (just kidding,
> the flash did that).
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2821044358/
>
> For what it's worth, here's another part of the Skyway.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2821044558/
>
> --
> The first big front wheel rollerblades.http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2565924423/
> Google Groups is destroying the USENET archive.

pretty obvious from the photo that the cat is from the night of the
living dead and it keeps coming back in a bloodthirsty lust for HUMAN
FLESH!... so dont get too close.