PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Evacuees from Gustav

September 2nd 08, 04:40 PM
I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
woman living in there evacuated with
her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
kittens only a
week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
the SPCA's help
in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
is a tiny thin
black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
tabby, 1 grey, and one
all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
open. Mom and
babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
before and am really
glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
spare purrs for
mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
the last few days.

Debbie

MLB
September 2nd 08, 04:49 PM
wrote:
> I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie
We are sending purrs that good homes will be available for all the
kitties. Best wishes. MLB

CatNipped[_2_]
September 2nd 08, 05:04 PM
Purrs they find a good forever-home as soon as their ready!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

> wrote in message
>I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

Adrian[_2_]
September 2nd 08, 05:13 PM
wrote:
> I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

Lots of purrs for the feline family.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Ann
September 2nd 08, 05:33 PM
Purrs on the way for mom and babies.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
> wrote in message
>I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

Marina
September 2nd 08, 06:19 PM
wrote:
> Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.

They sure have! Lots of purrs on the way for the whole family.

Irulan
September 2nd 08, 06:32 PM
aw, we will purr and pray that mama and all the
babies grow healthy and strong and find forever
homes. I am so glad to see that at least Katrina
brought these animals in the forefront and that
the city/state is now doing things to save all
animals. God bless.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Kyla =^..^=[_4_]
September 2nd 08, 06:36 PM
>I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

They have been through quite a bit. Bless your heart for taking them in
and caring for them. Purrs for the mom and babies lovingly sent
Kyla

September 2nd 08, 07:14 PM
wrote:

> I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request
> to foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New
> Orleans. A woman living in there evacuated with her two dogs and
> afriendly stray that she had been feeding, who had kittens only
> a week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked
> for the SPCA's help in finding the little family a foster home,
> and later homes. Mom cat is a tiny thin black kitty, very
> friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey tabby, 1 grey,
> and one all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes
> just open. Mom and babies are all just beautiful. I have never
> had kittens this young before and am really glad that mom is
> with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit
> in the last few days.

It's great you're doing it! Purrs for the sweeties.

--
Joyce ^..^

Will in New Haven
September 2nd 08, 07:23 PM
On Sep 2, 11:40*am, wrote:
> I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. *I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. *A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. *She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. *Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. *The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. *They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. *Eyes just
> open. *Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. *I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. *Gotta get them all fattened up. *Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. *They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

Purrs for their health and growth and ability to find forever-homes.
Purrs for their meowmie in her time of need. And purrs for you for
helping out.

I will not venture any wishes, positive or negative, concerning the
phenomenon of bitty-heart-capture, where it turns one or more of them
already HAVE a forever-home but you don't know it yet. That will work
out as it will.

If they seem restless, try beignets or gumbo or crawfish if
available.

--
Will in New Haven

Matthew[_3_]
September 2nd 08, 07:24 PM
the strongest prayers and loudest purrs are being sent for all those out
there
> wrote in message
>I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

tanadashoes
September 3rd 08, 01:37 AM
> wrote in message
>I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
> open. Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

They sound beautiful. Can you get some pictures? Congrats on being a
wonderful person and thank you for caring about others, especially the
kitties.

Pam S.

Lesley via CatKB.com
September 3rd 08, 12:49 PM
Will in New Haven wrote:

Lesley via CatKB.com
September 3rd 08, 12:50 PM
Will in New Haven wrote:

>If they seem restless, try beignets or gumbo or crawfish if
>available.

What are beignets?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Adrian[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 12:58 PM
Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
> Will in New Haven wrote:

Blank posts don't count. ;o)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Lesley via CatKB.com
September 3rd 08, 01:05 PM
Adrian wrote:
>Blank posts don't count. ;o)

It's not blank I wanted to know what a beignet was!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

John F. Eldredge
September 3rd 08, 02:01 PM
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:50:22 +0000, Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:

> Will in New Haven wrote:
>

>>If they seem restless, try beignets or gumbo or crawfish if available.
>>
> What are beignets?
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

A type of French Pastry. Think of a doughnut without a hole.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from http://pgp.mit.edu

Adrian[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 02:03 PM
Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
> Adrian wrote:
>> Blank posts don't count. ;o)
>
> It's not blank I wanted to know what a beignet was!
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

You posted twice, one was blank and one asked what a beignet was. I think
I'm still ahead of you. <eg>
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Lesley via CatKB.com
September 3rd 08, 02:08 PM
John F. Eldredge wrote:

>A type of French Pastry. Think of a doughnut without a hole.

Sounds nice- makes me think about getting a doughnut! (Must resist- moment on
the lips lifetime on the hips and all that)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Adrian[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 02:13 PM
Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
> John F. Eldredge wrote:
>

>> A type of French Pastry. Think of a doughnut without a hole.
>
> Sounds nice- makes me think about getting a doughnut! (Must resist-
> moment on the lips lifetime on the hips and all that)
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Homer Simpson voice "mmmmmmmm doughnuts"
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Lesley via CatKB.com
September 3rd 08, 02:19 PM
Adrian wrote:

>Homer Simpson voice "mmmmmmmm doughnuts"

Are you trying to fatten me up? There happens to be a very nice patissierie
over the road and their doughnts are now calling me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Adrian[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 02:24 PM
Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
> Adrian wrote:
>>
>> Homer Simpson voice "mmmmmmmm doughnuts"
>
> Are you trying to fatten me up? There happens to be a very nice
> patissierie over the road and their doughnts are now calling me!
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

If you get fattened up there's more of you to love. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Lesley via CatKB.com
September 3rd 08, 02:30 PM
Adrian wrote:

>If you get fattened up there's more of you to love. :-)

In which case I'm already very loveable!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Will in New Haven
September 3rd 08, 04:23 PM
On Sep 3, 9:19*am, "Lesley via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Adrian wrote:
>
> >Homer Simpson voice "mmmmmmmm doughnuts"
>
> Are you trying to fatten me up? There happens to be a very nice patissierie
> over the road and their doughnts are now calling me!

I would have told you what a beignet is but several people told you
before I had the chance. But don't worry, you wouldn't like them
anyway.
Lying through my teeth.

--
Will in New Haven

September 3rd 08, 07:37 PM
I'm going to try and take some pictures. They are all brown,
grey, and black so when they lay together or nurse it is hard to
see which is which, or how many there are. Then when they
nurse it is just a big blend. Right now they don't do much but
sleep and nurse. You'd die for the stripey tummies though!

Debbie

On Sep 2, 8:37*pm, "tanadashoes" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. *I got an emergency request to
> > foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. *A
> > woman living in there evacuated with
> > her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> > kittens only a
> > week or so before. *She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> > the SPCA's help
> > in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. *Mom cat
> > is a tiny thin
> > black kitty, very friendly. *The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> > tabby, 1 grey, and one
> > all black like mom. *They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. *Eyes just
> > open. *Mom and
> > babies are all just beautiful. *I have never had kittens this young
> > before and am really
> > glad that mom is with them. *Gotta get them all fattened up. *Any
> > spare purrs for
> > mom and babies is appreciated. *They have been through quite a bit in
> > the last few days.
>
> > Debbie
>
> They sound beautiful. *Can you get some pictures? *Congrats on being a
> wonderful person and thank you for caring about others, especially the
> kitties.
>
> Pam S.- Hide quoted text -

tanadashoes
September 3rd 08, 07:40 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
om...
> Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
>> Adrian wrote:
>>> Blank posts don't count. ;o)
>>
>> It's not blank I wanted to know what a beignet was!
>>
>> Lesley
>>
>> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>
> You posted twice, one was blank and one asked what a beignet was. I think
> I'm still ahead of you. <eg>

Lets see. As of 2:40 pm EDT the post count is as follows:

This month

44
30
25
24
22
21 [email protected]
20
17
15 Will in New Haven
13 tanadashoes

YAY!!!! I'm still in the top ten

Adrian[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 08:14 PM
tanadashoes wrote:
> "Adrian" > wrote in message
> om...
>>>
>>> It's not blank I wanted to know what a beignet was!
>>>
>>> Lesley
>>>
>>> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>>
>> You posted twice, one was blank and one asked what a beignet was. I
>> think I'm still ahead of you. <eg>
>
> Lets see. As of 2:40 pm EDT the post count is as follows:
>
> This month
>
> 44
> 30
> 25
> 24
> 22
> 21 [email protected]
> 20
> 17
> 15 Will in New Haven
> 13 tanadashoes
>

> YAY!!!! I'm still in the top ten

I'm beating Lesley easy this month, she's not really trying. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

September 3rd 08, 08:17 PM
Adrian > wrote:

> tanadashoes wrote:

>> Lets see. As of 2:40 pm EDT the post count is as follows:
>>
>> This month
>>
>> 44
>> 30
>> 25
>> 24
>> 22
>> 21 [email protected]
>> 20
>> 17
>> 15 Will in New Haven
>> 13 tanadashoes
>>

>> YAY!!!! I'm still in the top ten

> I'm beating Lesley easy this month, she's not really trying. ;-)

I'm at the top?? Yikes!

I really have no concept of how often I post. This keeps surprising me.

--
Joyce ^..^

September 3rd 08, 09:35 PM
Much as I would like to have more kitties, my 6 do not agree and I
don't want to get in over my head and finances. I have fostered many
kittens in the last 5-6 years and have only kept 2. Since I foster
for
the local SPCA there is rarely a problem finding a home for a kitten
without special needs. The two that I adopted did have special needs.

Thanks for your purrs! I do get to name the kittens and beignet and
gumbo would make excellent names. Crawfish, maybe not :-).

Debbie

On Sep 2, 2:23*pm, Will in New Haven >
wrote:
> On Sep 2, 11:40*am, wrote:
>

> > I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. *I got an emergency request to
> > foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. *A
> > woman living in there evacuated with
> > her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> > kittens only a
> > week or so before. *She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> > the SPCA's help
> > in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. *Mom cat
> > is a tiny thin
> > black kitty, very friendly. *The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> > tabby, 1 grey, and one
> > all black like mom. *They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. *Eyes just
> > open. *Mom and
> > babies are all just beautiful. *I have never had kittens this young
> > before and am really
> > glad that mom is with them. *Gotta get them all fattened up. *Any
> > spare purrs for
> > mom and babies is appreciated. *They have been through quite a bit in
> > the last few days.
>
> > Debbie
>
> Purrs for their health and growth and ability to find forever-homes.
> Purrs for their meowmie in her time of need. And purrs for you for
> helping out.
>
> I will not venture any wishes, positive or negative, concerning the
> phenomenon of bitty-heart-capture, where it turns one or more of them
> already HAVE a forever-home but you don't know it yet. That will work
> out as it will.
>
> If they seem restless, try beignets or gumbo or crawfish if
> available.
>
> --
> Will in New Haven- Hide quoted text -

September 3rd 08, 09:47 PM
Mama cat and kittens are doing well. Amazing how little time it took
for them to adjust after spending 16 hours in a car with a human and
2 dogs on Sat. I found out that their rescuer is a student at Tulane
and had been feeding stray mom cat for a few months.

As long as I feed gooshy kitten food to mom cat she seems happy. If
mom cat is happy babies seem to be happy. I was worried at first
that she would be stressed out and reject the babies. Fortunately
that hasn't happened!

I think I'll name mom cat Beauty. It is not a New Orleans or
hurricane
name, but she is beautiful. Shiny black and (too) sleek at the
moment.
I think she will be even more beautiful when she has some more flesh
padding her bones. Right now she looks like a beautiful, but very
skinny model.

Will mentioned beignets and gumbo. Those might make nice kitten
names. Anyone have other ideas that are New Orleans or
hurricane oriented, but are positive names?

I'm going to try and take some pics, although they might have to
wait until the kittens are a bit older. They kind of blend into a
black, grey, brown pile right now.

Debbie

On Sep 2, 11:40*am, wrote:
> I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. *I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. *A
> woman living in there evacuated with
> her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
> kittens only a
> week or so before. *She is staying with relatives here and asked for
> the SPCA's help
> in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. *Mom cat
> is a tiny thin
> black kitty, very friendly. *The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
> tabby, 1 grey, and one
> all black like mom. *They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. *Eyes just
> open. *Mom and
> babies are all just beautiful. *I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. *Gotta get them all fattened up. *Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. *They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

September 3rd 08, 09:52 PM
wrote:

> I think I'll name mom cat Beauty. It is not a New Orleans or
> hurricane name, but she is beautiful. Shiny black and (too) sleek at the
> moment.

Maybe you could name her "Beauty" in French? (What would that be, Belle?
I'm sure there are more.)

> Will mentioned beignets and gumbo. Those might make nice kitten
> names. Anyone have other ideas that are New Orleans or
> hurricane oriented, but are positive names?

I just came back from a hot springs resort that had two resident kitties:
one was named "Windy". :)

> I'm going to try and take some pics, although they might have to
> wait until the kittens are a bit older. They kind of blend into a
> black, grey, brown pile right now.

That would be fun to see, too, though!

--
Joyce ^..^

Adrian[_2_]
September 3rd 08, 10:08 PM
wrote:
> Mama cat and kittens are doing well. Amazing how little time it took
> for them to adjust after spending 16 hours in a car with a human and
> 2 dogs on Sat. I found out that their rescuer is a student at Tulane
> and had been feeding stray mom cat for a few months.
>
> As long as I feed gooshy kitten food to mom cat she seems happy. If
> mom cat is happy babies seem to be happy. I was worried at first
> that she would be stressed out and reject the babies. Fortunately
> that hasn't happened!
>
> I think I'll name mom cat Beauty. It is not a New Orleans or
> hurricane
> name, but she is beautiful. Shiny black and (too) sleek at the
> moment.
> I think she will be even more beautiful when she has some more flesh
> padding her bones. Right now she looks like a beautiful, but very
> skinny model.
>
> Will mentioned beignets and gumbo. Those might make nice kitten
> names. Anyone have other ideas that are New Orleans or
> hurricane oriented, but are positive names?
>
> I'm going to try and take some pics, although they might have to
> wait until the kittens are a bit older. They kind of blend into a
> black, grey, brown pile right now.
>
> Debbie

A hurricane name could be, Hanna, maybe it would suit a destructive kitten.
I hope the storm is less destructive.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

tanadashoes
September 3rd 08, 11:06 PM
> wrote in message

Will mentioned beignets and gumbo. Those might make nice kitten
names. Anyone have other ideas that are New Orleans or
hurricane oriented, but are positive names?

I'm going to try and take some pics, although they might have to
wait until the kittens are a bit older. They kind of blend into a
black, grey, brown pile right now.

Debbie
================================

Mardi Gras, Festival, Bourbon (after the street) Jazz, Louie (Armstrong),
and either Quentin or Marsalis after another NO native.

Pam S. coming up with a few from the top of her pointed little head.

Marina
September 4th 08, 04:35 AM
Adrian wrote:
> tanadashoes wrote:
>> "Adrian" > wrote in message
>> om...

>>> You posted twice, one was blank and one asked what a beignet was. I
>>> think I'm still ahead of you. <eg>
>> Lets see. As of 2:40 pm EDT the post count is as follows:
>>
>> This month
>>
>> 44
>> 30
>> 25
>> 24
>> 22
>> 21 [email protected]
>> 20
>> 17
>> 15 Will in New Haven
>> 13 tanadashoes
>>

>> YAY!!!! I'm still in the top ten
>
> I'm beating Lesley easy this month, she's not really trying. ;-)

Hey, you even beat me!

Gandalf
September 4th 08, 05:00 AM
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:40:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
>foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
>woman living in there evacuated with
>her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
>kittens only a
>week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
>the SPCA's help
>in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
>is a tiny thin
>black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
>tabby, 1 grey, and one
>all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
>open. Mom and
>babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
>before and am really
>glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
>spare purrs for
>mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
>the last few days.
>
>Debbie

I'm SO FAR behind reading posts, but I'm sending MEGA purrs for the poor
skinny stray mama kitty, and her kittens, to do well. AND for ALL of
them to be and stay in good health; and for all to get nice and round!!

And big THANK YOU for the woman who took a stray cat with tiny kittens
with her out of harm's way, when she evacuated from Hurricane Gustav.

And of course, a very big THANK YOU, and more very big, special purrs to
YOU, for taking care of them!!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!

What a wonderful story!

If only the government had done this during Katrina, when untold tens or
hundreds of thousands of pets were left behind, BY ARMED FORCE, and most
of them died during the hurricane :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~ >^..^<

- Robert Heinlein

Granby
September 4th 08, 10:16 AM
I am concerned that because this one wasn't as bad as expected, the next
time people won't leave. The thought of living at the bottom of a soup dish
is more than I want to think about. Am glad they let people take animals
this time.
"Gandalf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:40:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
>>I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
>>foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans. A
>>woman living in there evacuated with
>>her two dogs and a friendly stray that she had been feeding, who had
>>kittens only a
>>week or so before. She is staying with relatives here and asked for
>>the SPCA's help
>>in finding the little family a foster home, and later homes. Mom cat
>>is a tiny thin
>>black kitty, very friendly. The babies are: 2 brown tabbies, 1 grey
>>tabby, 1 grey, and one
>>all black like mom. They are 10 days to 2 weeks old. Eyes just
>>open. Mom and
>>babies are all just beautiful. I have never had kittens this young
>>before and am really
>>glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
>>spare purrs for
>>mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
>>the last few days.
>>
>>Debbie
>
> I'm SO FAR behind reading posts, but I'm sending MEGA purrs for the poor
> skinny stray mama kitty, and her kittens, to do well. AND for ALL of
> them to be and stay in good health; and for all to get nice and round!!
>
> And big THANK YOU for the woman who took a stray cat with tiny kittens
> with her out of harm's way, when she evacuated from Hurricane Gustav.
>
> And of course, a very big THANK YOU, and more very big, special purrs to
> YOU, for taking care of them!!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!
>
> What a wonderful story!
>
> If only the government had done this during Katrina, when untold tens or
> hundreds of thousands of pets were left behind, BY ARMED FORCE, and most
> of them died during the hurricane :(
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~ >^..^<
>
> "Life without cats would be only marginally worth living."
> -TC, and the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.
>
> Every day is a treasure with Kenzie; I try to treat them that way. There
> will only be so many, and then there will never, ever, be any more.
>
> How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
> - Robert Heinlein

Lesley via CatKB.com
September 4th 08, 10:22 AM
Adrian wrote:

>I'm beating Lesley easy this month, she's not really trying. ;-)

After I've eaten another doughnut I'll get going :-)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
September 4th 08, 11:41 PM
"Adrian" ...
> tanadashoes wrote:

>>> You posted twice, one was blank and one asked what a beignet was. I
>>> think I'm still ahead of you. <eg>
>>
>> Lets see. As of 2:40 pm EDT the post count is as follows:
>>
>> This month
>>
>> 44
>> 30
>> 25
>> 24
>> 22
>> 21 [email protected]
>> 20
>> 17
>> 15 Will in New Haven
>> 13 tanadashoes
>>

>> YAY!!!! I'm still in the top ten
>
> I'm beating Lesley easy this month, she's not really trying. ;-)

I'm still working on it too LOL
Kyla
> --
> Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Bagheera & Shadow)
> Cats leave pawprints on your heart
> http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
September 4th 08, 11:43 PM
<bastXXXette
> Adrian :
>
> > tanadashoes wrote:
>
> >> Lets see. As of 2:40 pm EDT the post count is as follows:
> >>
> >> This month
> >>
> >> 44
> >> 30
> >> 25
> >> 24
> >> 22
> >> 21 [email protected]
> >> 20
> >> 17
> >> 15 Will in New Haven
> >> 13 tanadashoes
> >>

> >> YAY!!!! I'm still in the top ten
>
> > I'm beating Lesley easy this month, she's not really trying. ;-)
>
> I'm at the top?? Yikes!
>
> I really have no concept of how often I post. This keeps surprising me.

Wel, Pam is keeping count LOL

Kyla

> --
> Joyce ^..^
>
> (To email me, remove the X's from my user name.)

polonca12000
> I foster for the SPCA of Northern VA. I got an emergency request to
> foster a mom and 5 kittens that were evacuated from New Orleans.
<snip>
I have never had kittens this young
> before and am really
> glad that mom is with them. Gotta get them all fattened up. Any
> spare purrs for
> mom and babies is appreciated. They have been through quite a bit in
> the last few days.
>
> Debbie

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek