PDA

View Full Version : Spot-On - Time to work for ear mites?

MaxMom
September 3rd 08, 05:07 AM
Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).

Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows how long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate any help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear mites disappear?

Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed.
Thanks,
MaxMom

cybercat
September 3rd 08, 05:09 AM
"MaxMom" > wrote in message

> Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also
> have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).
>
> Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
> cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
> they had gone to his tail causing hair loss.

What does your vet say?

yngver
September 3rd 08, 05:31 AM
On Sep 2, 11:07 pm, MaxMom > wrote:
> Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also
> have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).
>
> Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
> cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
> they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought
> some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows how
> long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does
> anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
> his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any
> ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate any
> help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear
> mites disappear?
>
> Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed.
> Thanks,
> MaxMom
>
> --
I wouldn't fool with any over the counter remedy for ear mites. Ear
mites are very contagious and can cause the cat a lot of discomfort.
Your vet can clean out the ears safely and prescribe something that
really works, like Revolution.
-yngver

Rene S.
September 3rd 08, 02:06 PM

> I wouldn't fool with any over the counter remedy for ear mites. Ear
> mites are very contagious and can cause the cat a lot of discomfort.
> Your vet can clean out the ears safely and prescribe something that
> really works, like Revolution.
> -yngver

I agree. With the money you've spent on OTC stuff, you could have paid
for a vet visit and some prescription medication. If they truly are
that bad, please get to a vet soon. Mites can, eventually, cause
hearing loss.

James
September 3rd 08, 02:42 PM
On Sep 3, 9:06*am, "Rene S." > wrote:
> > I wouldn't fool with any over the counter remedy for ear mites. Ear
> > mites are very contagious and can cause the cat a lot of discomfort.
> > Your vet can clean out the ears safely and prescribe something that
> > really works, like Revolution.
> > -yngver
>
> I agree. With the money you've spent on OTC stuff, you could have paid
> for a vet visit and some prescription medication. If they truly are
> that bad, please get to a vet soon. Mites can, eventually, cause
> hearing loss.

My local PetsMart has a vet. On Monday & Wednesday afternoons it's
free check ups.

Rene S.
September 3rd 08, 03:37 PM
> I wanted to hear from anyone who had successfully handled this problem
> themselves. *But, thanks for taking the time to reply.

For very minor cases of ear mites, it's possible to treat it yourself.
When it's a more serious case, like what yours sounds like, it's
nearly impossible to treat it yourself. I think that's why everyone
here suggested a vet visit.

MaxMom
September 3rd 08, 05:37 PM
On Sep 2, 11:07 pm, MaxMom wrote:
[...]

September 3rd 08, 06:21 PM
"MaxMom" wrote in message

Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also
have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).

Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
they had gone to his tail causing hair loss.

What does your vet say?

My Vet doesn't subscribe to CatBanter.

cybercat
September 3rd 08, 08:41 PM
"MaxMom" > wrote

> I wanted to hear from anyone who had successfully handled this problem
> themselves. But, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ass.

jmc
September 3rd 08, 11:22 PM
Suddenly, without warning, MaxMom exclaimed (9/3/2008 12:37 PM):
> yngver;646179 Wrote:
>> On Sep 2, 11:07 pm, MaxMom wrote:-
>> Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I
>> also
>> have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).
>>
>> Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
>> cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
>> they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought
>> some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows
>> how
>> long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does
>> anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
>> his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any
>> ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate
>> any
>> help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear
>> mites disappear?
>>
>> Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed.
>> Thanks,
>> MaxMom
>>
>> ---
>> I wouldn't fool with any over the counter remedy for ear mites. Ear
>> mites are very contagious and can cause the cat a lot of discomfort.
>> Your vet can clean out the ears safely and prescribe something that
>> really works, like Revolution.
>> -yngver
>
> I wanted to hear from anyone who had successfully handled this problem
> themselves. But, thanks for taking the time to reply.
>
> MaxMom

The point is, with a case as bad as yours sounds like, nobody here has
successfully treated them without the vet's help.

Please take your kitty to the vet. Revolution works well, Meep's been
on it for some years now.

jmc

Outsider
September 4th 08, 01:57 AM
MaxMom > wrote in
:

> yngver;646179 Wrote:
>> On Sep 2, 11:07 pm, MaxMom wrote:-
>> Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I
>> also
>> have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).
>>
>> Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
>> cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
>> they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought
>> some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows
>> how
>> long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does
>> anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
>> his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any
>> ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate
>> any
>> help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear
>> mites disappear?
>>
>> Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed.
>> Thanks,
>> MaxMom
>>
>> ---
>> I wouldn't fool with any over the counter remedy for ear mites. Ear
>> mites are very contagious and can cause the cat a lot of discomfort.
>> Your vet can clean out the ears safely and prescribe something that
>> really works, like Revolution.
>> -yngver
>
> I wanted to hear from anyone who had successfully handled this problem
> themselves. But, thanks for taking the time to reply.
>
> MaxMom

Just out of curiosity what goes through your mind for over a month as
your cat suffers and gets worse and worse? You do know he has feelings
right? Would you suffer for this long with a similar problem? Go ahead
and start whining like the out puss-brains about being beaten up when you
come looking for advice; just go right ahead. Geez, who left the sign on
the door saying trolls and imbiciles welcome?

MaxMom
September 4th 08, 05:12 PM
Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).

Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows how long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate any help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear mites disappear?

Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed.
Thanks,
MaxMom

To Everyone Who Replied to the Above:

Keeping to the original question - "Spot-On - Time to work for ear mites? The answer is 5 days in case anyone is interested. But you all are a very interesting Group. Thanks for the warm welcome.

MaxMom

"MaxMom" > wrote

> mites? The answer is 5 days in case anyone is interested. But you all
> are a very interesting Group. Thanks for the warm welcome.

People who care about cats tend to take a dim view of assholes like you who
do not get them vet care when they need it.

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 08, 06:55 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "MaxMom" > wrote
>
>> mites? The answer is 5 days in case anyone is interested. But you all
>> are a very interesting Group. Thanks for the warm welcome.
>>

> People who care about cats tend to take a dim view of assholes like you
> who do not get them vet care when they need it.

And I know we've been over this before, but I just can't stand to hear, even
one more time, "I don't have the money"! ****, *I* don't have the money
either - I *FIND* the goddamned money, I *BORROW* the ****ing money, I *GO
WITHOUT LUNCH FOR A WEEK* to get the goddamned, ****ing money!!!!

Sorry, CC, I know I don't usually get this vulgar, but sometimes you gotta
vent the steam or just blow the **** up! ;>

OK, I'm nervous about my surgery tomorrow and this might be the last word I
ever have on this subject so I let go with both barrels!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 08, 06:58 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "MaxMom" > wrote
>>
>>> mites? The answer is 5 days in case anyone is interested. But you all
>>> are a very interesting Group. Thanks for the warm welcome.
>>>

>> People who care about cats tend to take a dim view of assholes like you
>> who do not get them vet care when they need it.
>
> And I know we've been over this before, but I just can't stand to hear,
> even one more time, "I don't have the money"! ****, *I* don't have the
> money either - I *FIND* the goddamned money, I *BORROW* the ****ing money,
> I *GO WITHOUT LUNCH FOR A WEEK* to get the goddamned, ****ing money!!!!
>
> Sorry, CC, I know I don't usually get this vulgar, but sometimes you gotta
> vent the steam or just blow the **** up! ;>
>
> OK, I'm nervous about my surgery tomorrow and this might be the last word
> I ever have on this subject so I let go with both barrels!!!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

And this is also just after spending $45 at the vet because Archer was
spending more time sleeping under my bed than I thought he should - to be
told he's just lazing out the heat wave. And the another $45 at the vet
because Demi had a zit on her chin (actually a teeny, tiny abscess that the
vet squeezed and told me to put antibiotic cream on).

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 08, 07:30 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "MaxMom" > wrote

>>> People who care about cats tend to take a dim view of assholes like you
>>> who do not get them vet care when they need it.
>>
>> And I know we've been over this before, but I just can't stand to hear,
>> even one more time, "I don't have the money"! ****, *I* don't have the
>> money either - I *FIND* the goddamned money, I *BORROW* the ****ing
>> money, I *GO WITHOUT LUNCH FOR A WEEK* to get the goddamned, ****ing
>> money!!!!
>>
>> Sorry, CC, I know I don't usually get this vulgar, but sometimes you
>> gotta vent the steam or just blow the **** up! ;>
>>
>> OK, I'm nervous about my surgery tomorrow and this might be the last word
>> I ever have on this subject so I let go with both barrels!!!
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> And this is also just after spending $45 at the vet because Archer was
> spending more time sleeping under my bed than I thought he should - to be
> told he's just lazing out the heat wave. And the another $45 at the vet
> because Demi had a zit on her chin (actually a teeny, tiny abscess that
> the vet squeezed and told me to put antibiotic cream on).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

*And* this on top of spending a gajillion dollars on my surgery tomorrow and
having to go on 2/3 pay for 2 - 4 weeks while I'm out on disability - *and*
on top of having our hot water heater break and finding out we can't just
replace it, we have to have an electrician re-wire the whole ****ing house
to bring it "up to code" even before spending a gajillion dollars on the new
heater and a plumber to install it (so we're taking cold showers for the
foreseeable future)!

Can I keep venting for a while - this is therapeutic and it doesn't cost
$100 an hour like a shrink would (though you might think I need one if I
keep talking to myself like this)??!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message

>>> And I know we've been over this before, but I just can't stand to hear,
>>> even one more time, "I don't have the money"! ****, *I* don't have the
>>> money either - I *FIND* the goddamned money, I *BORROW* the ****ing
>>> money, I *GO WITHOUT LUNCH FOR A WEEK* to get the goddamned, ****ing
>>> money!!!!
>>>
>>> Sorry, CC, I know I don't usually get this vulgar, but sometimes you
>>> gotta vent the steam or just blow the **** up! ;>
>>>
>>> OK, I'm nervous about my surgery tomorrow and this might be the last
>>> word I ever have on this subject so I let go with both barrels!!!
>>>
>>> Hugs,
>>>
>>> CatNipped
>>
>> And this is also just after spending $45 at the vet because Archer was
>> spending more time sleeping under my bed than I thought he should - to be
>> told he's just lazing out the heat wave. And the another $45 at the vet
>> because Demi had a zit on her chin (actually a teeny, tiny abscess that
>> the vet squeezed and told me to put antibiotic cream on).
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> *And* this on top of spending a gajillion dollars on my surgery tomorrow
> and having to go on 2/3 pay for 2 - 4 weeks while I'm out on disability -
> *and* on top of having our hot water heater break and finding out we can't
> just replace it, we have to have an electrician re-wire the whole ****ing
> house to bring it "up to code" even before spending a gajillion dollars on
> the new heater and a plumber to install it (so we're taking cold showers
> for the foreseeable future)!
>
> Can I keep venting for a while - this is therapeutic and it doesn't cost
> $100 an hour like a shrink would (though you might think I need one if I
> keep talking to myself like this)??!!

You go, baby. You've more than earned the right! Hope things get better
soon.

"CatNipped" > wrote

> this might be the last word I ever have on this subject so I let go with
> both barrels!!!

I hope not!

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 08, 08:14 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>
>> this might be the last word I ever have on this subject so I let go with
>> both barrels!!!
>>

> I hope not!

Me too, but the surgery is a bit scary and I'm more than a little nervous.

What I'm having done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at C6
and C7". What this involves is: cutting a two inch incision in the front
of my neck, and a little to the left so as to miss the laryngeal nerve
(which, if nicked, could cause me to permanently lose my voice). Then they
push aside the soft tissue (esophagus, trachea, carotid artery, jugular
vein, and muscle - trying not to nick any of those either) to expose the
front of the spine. Then they use a vertebrae "spreader" to separate the
two vertebrae and expose the ruptured disc. They then cut through the sac
surrounding the disc and remove the disc. Then they use a bone drill to
remove any stenosis (bone spurs) at the point where the nerves branch off
from the spinal cord to the right and left. [At this point they are
millimeters away from the spinal cord and any mistake could cause permanent
pain, paralysis or even death.] Then they insert a piece of bone between
the two vertebrae (from a bone bank - they won't be using mine from my hip,
thank goodness - they say the pain from taking that graft is worse than the
neck incision). [The bone is used as a wedge to keep the two vertebrae from
pinching down on the nerves again.] Then they screw on a titanium plate to
the two vertebrae to keep them closed tightly over the bone implant until it
all fuses into one bone. Then they close and suture each layer, stick a
bandaid over the whole mess and I'm done!

If you're interested in the medical stuff, this explains it best:
http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-ACDF.htm and this has good illustrations:
http://www.sofamordanek.com/spineline/ACDF.pdf.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" > wrote

> What I'm having done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at C6
> and C7".

You are doing this because you are in chronic pain?

DWMeowMix
September 4th 08, 09:04 PM
On Sep 3, 10:37*am, MaxMom > wrote:
> yngver;646179 Wrote:
>
> I wanted to hear from anyone who had successfully handled this problem
> themselves. *But, thanks for taking the time to reply.
>
> MaxMom
>
> --
> MaxMom- Hide quoted text -

I use 1/2 an eyedropper full of a mix of olive oil and vitamin e oil
every other day for a week. Make sure you rub it in a bit then let
kitty shake her head. Swab with cotton swab to get black, ugly gunk
out of the ear (this can be tough depending on the cat). This will
smother the adult mites and Vit E oil will promote healing. Let the
ears rest for 3 days. Then substitute the oil mix with 1/2 dropper
full of the herb Yellowdock (diluted - 2 full droppers in 1 oz of
spring water) every 3 days for 6 weeks. This will kill the emerging
mites. The eggs hatch in cycles so this method while it takes some
time will kill the merging mites.

The Yellowdock shouldn't cost more than $10. I'd be surprised if it
cost that much. I think I paid $8.95 for mine. If the condition does
not improve or worsens, get thee to a vet! Mites can cause very
serious problems for pets. Read it here: http://www.petshealth.com/dr_library/earmite.html

Good luck!
DWMeowMix

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 08, 09:13 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>
>> What I'm having done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at
>> C6 and C7".
>
> You are doing this because you are in chronic pain?

Yep, horrible, stabbing, debilitating pain 24/7 and have been for 2 years
now. And I can't take pain medication - it causes pain in my stomach worse
than the pain I'm trying to relieve.

I had an accident that sent me flying through the air and the first part of
me to hit the concrete was my right hand. It shattered by wrist bones, but
the ER was so busy treating illegal aliens for the sniffles* that they
didn't bother to take any x-rays or tests other than of the wrist. What I
found out later was that not only had I shattered my wrist but I had a
"compression injury" that ruptured a disc in my neck and cracked two
vertebrae which then "over grew" causing both disc and bone to press down on
the nerve leading out from my spinal cord.

Not only do I have pain, but I've been getting numbness in my right hand and
I'm starting to lose coordination of my right hand and arm (I'm constantly
dropping things). This really scared me because that meant the end of my
ability to earn a pay check!

It took me this long to get this taken care of because, after I finally
insisted on a doctor doing an MRI a year ago, the radiologist mis-read it
and said the injury was in another part of my neck which doesn't control the
right arm and hand. So doctors (I saw THREE before my present neurosurgeon)
told me I was crazy (one actually told me to see a psychiatrist) because the
injury described by the radiologist couldn't possibly be causing the
symptoms I was having.

I finally found a neurosurgeon who actually *looked* at the MRI films and
found the problem. I'm just hoping I haven't waited to long and caused
permanent damage to the nerves in my neck.

* Illegal aliens here in Houston use the ERs as a "free clinic" because by
law - Houston being a "sanctuary city" - hospitals have to treat them and
then they can walk out without paying)

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
September 5th 08, 03:15 AM
"MaxMom" > wrote
> Where do you TWO get off venting at me???? You are a couple of WHACKOS
> with all your assumptions!!! My Vet screwed up!!! DON'T SEND ANY MORE
> REPLIES!!!! YOU TWO HAVE TOO MANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS!!!!!

Um. This is Usenet, moron. An open forum. You asked how to treat your cats
for ear mites without a vet's help.

dejablues[_4_]
September 5th 08, 05:33 AM
"MaxMom" > wrote in message
> Where do you TWO get off venting at me???? You are a couple of WHACKOS
> with all your assumptions!!! My Vet screwed up!!! DON'T SEND ANY MORE
> REPLIES!!!! YOU TWO HAVE TOO MANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS!!!!!

You get what you pay for at the lame "catbanter" website , asshat.
Please rehome your cats, because you are far too stupid to care for any
other living
creatures.

MaxMom
September 5th 08, 06:07 AM
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"MaxMom" wrote

[...]

cshenk
September 5th 08, 05:40 PM
"MaxMom" <wrote

Hi! Missed the start of this one. Meant to reply but 'oh well'.

http://petsbestrx.com/EarMites/?gclid=CJ3a4a-KxZUCFQIWFQoduwXPiQ

There's a link to a possible source that talks about ear mites and
treatments. A vet is still indicated, but if you have no choice, this is
better than letting it go on longer.

Cat Protector
September 5th 08, 07:54 PM
I would talk to your vet an see if they can recommend something that would
be safe for him. Good luck!

"MaxMom" > wrote in message

> Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also
> have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).
>
> Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
> cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
> they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought
> some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows how
> long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does
> anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
> his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any
> ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate any
> help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear
> mites disappear?
>
> Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed.
> Thanks,
> MaxMom
>

> --
> MaxMom

cshenk
September 6th 08, 02:37 PM
"Cat Protector" wrote

>I would talk to your vet an see if they can recommend something that would
>be safe for him. Good luck!

True and probably a free phone call if 'Max's Mom' has a regular vet? That
wasnt clear to me.

CatNipped[_2_]
September 9th 08, 09:23 PM
"MaxMom" > wrote in message

> Where do you TWO get off venting at me???? You are a couple of WHACKOS
> with all your assumptions!!! My Vet screwed up!!! DON'T SEND ANY MORE
> REPLIES!!!! YOU TWO HAVE TOO MANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS!!!!!
>
> MaxMom

Your vet screwed up? Where in the following do you mention a vet??!
"Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also
have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).

Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought
some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows how
long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does
anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any
ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate any
help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear
mites disappear?

Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed. "
Please, I'd like to know - where in there is the word "vet"??? Backpedal
much, luv?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lynne
September 9th 08, 10:10 PM
outsider wrote:

> Geez, who left the sign on
> the door saying trolls and imbiciles welcome?

hahaha. I see it's the same old, same old around here. Too bad.

Keep up the good fight!

Lynne
September 9th 08, 10:13 PM
CatNipped wrote:

> Me too, but the surgery is a bit scary and I'm more than a little nervous.
>
> What I'm having done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at C6
> and C7".

Oh, holy chit! Best of luck to you tomorrow, CatNipped!! I know the
surgery is scary, but know that it is performed pretty often, with
fantastic results. You are going to feel a WHOLE lot better once you
recover.

Good thoughts,
Lynne

CatNipped[_2_]
September 10th 08, 04:16 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> CatNipped wrote:
>
>> Me too, but the surgery is a bit scary and I'm more than a little
>> nervous.
>>
>> What I'm having done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at
>> C6 and C7".
>
> Oh, holy chit! Best of luck to you tomorrow, CatNipped!! I know the
> surgery is scary, but know that it is performed pretty often, with
> fantastic results. You are going to feel a WHOLE lot better once you
> recover.
>
> Good thoughts,
> Lynne

Thanks, Lynne.

(recapping from another post)...

I came through the surgery well - hurts like hell, naturally, but everything
went fine and I was up and walking as soon as they brought me to my room
from recovery. They let me go home at 10AM the next day... to promptly get
sick as a dog with the flu. I hadn't been able to keep anything in my
stomach from Saturday night until this morning. I was too weak to lift my
head from my pillow and could only lay there and do my best Camille
impersonation (the character, not the hurricane - Greta Garbo's got nothing
on me when it comes to portraying a dying woman!). Ben stayed home an extra
day to take care of me.

But... I feel a lot more human today - enough to hobble to my office and
post this.

Naturally, the cats are doing a fantastic job of nursing me through this
(though Ozzy and Archer seem to think this involves high-speed chases across
my bed to make sure I keep circulation in my legs and my reflexes are
normal).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lynne
September 10th 08, 12:57 PM
CatNipped wrote:

> Thanks, Lynne.
>
> (recapping from another post)...
>
> I came through the surgery well - hurts like hell, naturally, but everything
> went fine and I was up and walking as soon as they brought me to my room
> from recovery. They let me go home at 10AM the next day... to promptly get
> sick as a dog with the flu. I hadn't been able to keep anything in my
> stomach from Saturday night until this morning. I was too weak to lift my
> head from my pillow and could only lay there and do my best Camille
> impersonation (the character, not the hurricane - Greta Garbo's got nothing
> on me when it comes to portraying a dying woman!). Ben stayed home an extra
> day to take care of me.
>
> But... I feel a lot more human today - enough to hobble to my office and
> post this.
>
> Naturally, the cats are doing a fantastic job of nursing me through this
> (though Ozzy and Archer seem to think this involves high-speed chases across
> my bed to make sure I keep circulation in my legs and my reflexes are
> normal).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Cat (and dog) nurses are the BEST. I'm glad you came through okay and
are on the road to feeling much, much better. I'm sure you're happy to
have that behind you!