PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!


-Lost
September 4th 08, 10:15 AM
EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

I have him in my home and I'm providing food and water for a
SERIOUSLY malnourished young male (I think, haven't checked) with
exposed hips and ribs with a mangled left arm.

The weird WEIRD weird lady who happened to be walking around in her
front yard when we spotted the kitty (at 4:30AM) says it is was the
next door neighbor's cat, the arm was broken a LONG time ago she
said (yeah ****ing right, that's why the arm is scarred over but
seeping serum?!) and they finally got tired of it because their dog
would attack it.

As she loved and kissed on it the spouse pushed her out of the way
to close the car door (he was disgusted).

So I'm asking or telling you all this...

I need help. Either financially because I cannot take the burden
of this poor kitty at the moment.

(cybercat, please don't choose now to be a bitch.)

....or I need someone to take this cat immediately. The options are
as follows as I understand them.

1) The "dog pound" will immediately euthanize this kitty because
of the severity of its condition.

2) The refuge cannot take more animals at the moment (and will not
take an injured animal of this extent -- yeah... refuge huh?)

3) The vets will NOT take this kitty as far as I know because I
cannot pay for the care which they want to know up front.

4) I cut Gabby and Phat Kat's food bill in half this month (going
back to dry food) and pay to have this poor "Puss Puss" (as the
crazy bitch who claimed she loved him, called him) sent to the
Rainbow Bridge.

5) The local Petco-type shops around here will tell us the same
thing they have in the past. "Call animal control." Which is our
"dog pound."

6) Nurse the poor kitty as best as I can (I'm afraid to touch him
he's in such bad condition) for a day or two -- even leave a bit of
food (and watch him eat it, because the fifty or sixty strays
around here will show up to steal it) outside for him and then
finally stop after a day or so because I have other animals that
roam this area (my animal friends as well as wooded strangers --
raccoons, opossums, coyotes, et cetera). Yes, #6 is abandoning the
kitty. Again... don't be bitches people.

If someone wants to help let me know HOW. I can provide vet
details and have someone else pay for it (to alleviate trust
issues) or someone can pick him up?? I have NO CLUE what the hell
to do right now, but I'm freaking out and crying right this moment
because the poor kitty is seriously screwed up.

Please help or advise or something!?!?! Please.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 4th 08, 12:31 PM
Response to "-Lost" >:

> EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
> it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

OK, it's 7:24AM and I cannot stay up any longer. I've left
messages for Humane Society (and/or organizations) as far as ~150-
200 miles away. Not too much of anything came from that. I'm
still waiting on calls back from the places that actually had an
answering machine and/or ones that were not open yet.

Kitty is sleeping and his poor little tummy is full (but not too
much) and he drank water like he's never seen the stuff (I'm crying
again).

I'd like to apologize because I shouldn't have even said ANYTHING
about cybercat (if she's even watching). This poor kitty's
condition just has me hurting really badly inside and to be honest
I'm not mentally fit enough to handle it. I feel like I'm
physically hurting damn near. So, I was just trying to preempt any
name calling or whatever might happen because I don't have money to
throw at a hurt kitty -- I wish I did...

I'll be back in around 4 to 8 hours maybe?

Thanks lads and lasses for anything.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

Cat Protector
September 4th 08, 02:24 PM
Have you tried calling the local SPCA? Also, if this cat does belong to
someone and you know who they are, how come you didn't report this matter to
the police? Many states have animal cruelty laws. Your post seems very
confusing though. A lot of what you're saying is confusing which makes me
wonder if you're a troller. If you are for real, you don't state where
you're located so we can all try to provide information.


"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
> it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!
>
> I have him in my home and I'm providing food and water for a
> SERIOUSLY malnourished young male (I think, haven't checked) with
> exposed hips and ribs with a mangled left arm.
>
> The weird WEIRD weird lady who happened to be walking around in her
> front yard when we spotted the kitty (at 4:30AM) says it is was the
> next door neighbor's cat, the arm was broken a LONG time ago she
> said (yeah ****ing right, that's why the arm is scarred over but
> seeping serum?!) and they finally got tired of it because their dog
> would attack it.
>
> As she loved and kissed on it the spouse pushed her out of the way
> to close the car door (he was disgusted).
>
> So I'm asking or telling you all this...
>
> I need help. Either financially because I cannot take the burden
> of this poor kitty at the moment.
>
> (cybercat, please don't choose now to be a bitch.)
>
> ...or I need someone to take this cat immediately. The options are
> as follows as I understand them.
>
> 1) The "dog pound" will immediately euthanize this kitty because
> of the severity of its condition.
>
> 2) The refuge cannot take more animals at the moment (and will not
> take an injured animal of this extent -- yeah... refuge huh?)
>
> 3) The vets will NOT take this kitty as far as I know because I
> cannot pay for the care which they want to know up front.
>
> 4) I cut Gabby and Phat Kat's food bill in half this month (going
> back to dry food) and pay to have this poor "Puss Puss" (as the
> crazy bitch who claimed she loved him, called him) sent to the
> Rainbow Bridge.
>
> 5) The local Petco-type shops around here will tell us the same
> thing they have in the past. "Call animal control." Which is our
> "dog pound."
>
> 6) Nurse the poor kitty as best as I can (I'm afraid to touch him
> he's in such bad condition) for a day or two -- even leave a bit of
> food (and watch him eat it, because the fifty or sixty strays
> around here will show up to steal it) outside for him and then
> finally stop after a day or so because I have other animals that
> roam this area (my animal friends as well as wooded strangers --
> raccoons, opossums, coyotes, et cetera). Yes, #6 is abandoning the
> kitty. Again... don't be bitches people.
>
> If someone wants to help let me know HOW. I can provide vet
> details and have someone else pay for it (to alleviate trust
> issues) or someone can pick him up?? I have NO CLUE what the hell
> to do right now, but I'm freaking out and crying right this moment
> because the poor kitty is seriously screwed up.
>
> Please help or advise or something!?!?! Please.
>
> --
> -Lost
> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
> kidding. No I am not.

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 08, 03:18 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
> it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!

Please take him to the humane society. If he is so horrifically injured
that they will not treat him, it would be better to have him humanely
euthanized.

CatNipped

-Lost
September 4th 08, 03:37 PM
Response to "Cat Protector" >:

> Have you tried calling the local SPCA? Also, if this cat does
> belong to someone and you know who they are, how come you didn't
> report this matter to the police? Many states have animal
> cruelty laws. Your post seems very confusing though. A lot of
> what you're saying is confusing which makes me wonder if you're
> a troller. If you are for real, you don't state where you're
> located so we can all try to provide information.

I did report the ****e to the police and they asked if I can prove
who the owner is. I talked about the lady who said it was her
neighbor and they said it was heresy and to call the dog pound when
it opened. The SPCA and Humane Society for our state doesn't open
until 9 AM and it is now 10:24 AM and they haven't even called.

Also, I'm not in the habit of broadcasting my location to
newsgroups. Forgive me if I'm only disabled and slightly off my
rocker and not completely mad. Pfft!

Anyway, I've been overreacting to cats ever since I got here a year
ago so forgive my disabled arse if I overreacted again.

"Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
seizure of some kind and the vet told me to bring him in because if
he was that bad off they would do a "courtesy euthanasia" which is
what they did.

I know Phil P. and others have copious amounts of experience in
this area where I have none and I was freaking out WHILE THE KITTY
LAY IN MY BATHTUB SCREAMING IN PAIN FOR ALMOST AN HOUR. After
feeding it, it collapsed into slumber. My kid reported to me not
15 minutes after I laid down this morning that the kitty was going
berserk, laying on his side making a horrible noise which he was.
The vet was opened by the time and there you have it.

Everyone always asks questions like they could have or would have
done something better. A bunch of sanctimonious twits like
yourself asking me questions when I asked the questions to you all.
Like it's a fuggin' race to see who can try and call someone a
troll first.

I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet in
horrid condition (actually, he was quite loving and perky after the
convulsion which the doctor said could be seizure brought on by
infection) and at home DEAD where my spouse and I had to bury him
because we couldn't afford the cost to do whatever they wanted with
his body.

F.U.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 4th 08, 03:40 PM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

> Please take him to the humane society. If he is so horrifically
> injured that they will not treat him, it would be better to have
> him humanely euthanized.

They still haven't returned my call almost ~6 hours later and they've
now been open for almost ~2 hours.

R.I.P. "Puss Puss" 20080904 0901 AM EST

Thanks for responding... I'll post pictures later since I'm sure no
one even believes this ****e happened. *rolling eyes*

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

Cat Protector
September 4th 08, 04:00 PM
The OP needs to keep calling. You can't sit there and expect to get action
if you wait.

"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>
>> Please take him to the humane society. If he is so horrifically
>> injured that they will not treat him, it would be better to have
>> him humanely euthanized.
>
> They still haven't returned my call almost ~6 hours later and they've
> now been open for almost ~2 hours.
>
> R.I.P. "Puss Puss" 20080904 0901 AM EST
>
> Thanks for responding... I'll post pictures later since I'm sure no
> one even believes this ****e happened. *rolling eyes*
>
> --
> -Lost
> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
> kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 4th 08, 04:11 PM
Response to "Cat Protector" >:

> The OP needs to keep calling. You can't sit there and expect to
> get action if you wait.

You dumb fuggin' *******, do you not read?!

I don't need to keep calling you idiot, 1 minute after they would
have normally opened "Puss Puss" was in my vet getting examined and
then ultimately being deemed that he should be put to sleep.

The POINT is that the resources in this area SUCK. No wonder Mathew
asked about your poor, poor cat(s) so many times. You are an idiot
who doesn't pay attention to anything except the ****e you spew.

*pLoNk*

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

cybercat
September 4th 08, 05:52 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
...
> "-Lost" > wrote in message
> ...
>> EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
>> it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!
>
> Please take him to the humane society. If he is so horrifically injured
> that they will not treat him, it would be better to have him humanely
> euthanized.
>

Anyone with any sense would have already taken the cat to a vet or the
humane society. Take him in and say, "I have no money for his care, but
could not stand to see him suffer." This is why I have this stupid bitch
killfiled. If ANYONE but "Lost" had found this animal, he would already be
getting care or euthanized and out of pain.

CatNipped[_2_]
September 4th 08, 07:03 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "-Lost" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
>>> it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!
>>
>> Please take him to the humane society. If he is so horrifically injured
>> that they will not treat him, it would be better to have him humanely
>> euthanized.
>>
>
> Anyone with any sense would have already taken the cat to a vet or the
> humane society. Take him in and say, "I have no money for his care, but
> could not stand to see him suffer." This is why I have this stupid bitch
> killfiled. If ANYONE but "Lost" had found this animal, he would already be
> getting care or euthanized and out of pain.

I'm coming around to the opinion that she's elaborately trolling the group.
Have you ever googled her? She's a bit more than she portrays herself to be
here.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cat Protector
September 4th 08, 07:14 PM
Response says it all. You either have anger management issues or you're a
troll looking for attention. Not worth my time on this subject.

"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "Cat Protector" >:
>
> You dumb fuggin' *******, do you not read?!
>
> I don't need to keep calling you idiot, 1 minute after they would
> have normally opened "Puss Puss" was in my vet getting examined and
> then ultimately being deemed that he should be put to sleep.
>
> The POINT is that the resources in this area SUCK. No wonder Mathew
> asked about your poor, poor cat(s) so many times. You are an idiot
> who doesn't pay attention to anything except the ****e you spew.
>
> *pLoNk*
>
> --
> -Lost
> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
> kidding. No I am not.

cybercat
September 4th 08, 07:39 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> I'm coming around to the opinion that she's elaborately trolling the
> group. Have you ever googled her?

I can't be bothered. I will take your word for it, though.

cshenk
September 4th 08, 08:19 PM
"-Lost" wrote

> "Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
> seizure of some kind and the vet told me to bring him in because if
> he was that bad off they would do a "courtesy euthanasia" which is
> what they did.

Bless you for not just leaving him outside. It sounds like internal damage
of some sort.

> Everyone always asks questions like they could have or would have
> done something better.

Sometimes, there is nothing better you can do than help them across the
rainbow bridge.

I was very lucky with my one adopted cat of 'Bobby' who was in really bad
shape and a vet with a heart who only charged me 750$ back in 1983 for what
should have been over $3,000 even then. Hit by a car we think. It sounds
like puss-puss wasnt found early enough to do anything about (at least by
you).

> I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet in
> horrid condition (actually, he was quite loving and perky after the
> convulsion which the doctor said could be seizure brought on by
> infection) and at home DEAD where my spouse and I had to bury him
> because we couldn't afford the cost to do whatever they wanted with
> his body.

In my yard, there are several dips in the grass, where long loved friends
used to sit and their spirits we believe still reside.

dejablues[_4_]
September 5th 08, 03:01 AM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>
>> Please take him to the humane society. If he is so horrifically
>> injured that they will not treat him, it would be better to have
>> him humanely euthanized.
>
> They still haven't returned my call almost ~6 hours later and they've
> now been open for almost ~2 hours.


Why bother calling and waiting? You show up on their doorstep with the cat!
Take him to the local emergency vet and worry about paying for it later!



> R.I.P. "Puss Puss" 20080904 0901 AM EST


So he died, then. Thank god he didn't linger for long.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 04:00 AM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

> I'm coming around to the opinion that she's elaborately trolling
> the group. Have you ever googled her? She's a bit more than she
> portrays herself to be here.

It figures you'd jump back on the bandwagon. And you're probably
referring to the other half (DH as you call it). He's the IT student
and programmer person in the family.

Thanks though.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 04:02 AM
Response to "cybercat" >:

> Anyone with any sense would have already taken the cat to a vet
> or the humane society. Take him in and say, "I have no money for
> his care, but could not stand to see him suffer." This is why I
> have this stupid bitch killfiled. If ANYONE but "Lost" had found
> this animal, he would already be getting care or euthanized and
> out of pain.

There was nothing available except for an emergency hotline
(answering service) who have a vet contact me and then would expect
payment upon delivery of service. Don't believe me I can send your
worthless arse the number and exact location if you like?

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 04:03 AM
Response to "dejablues" >:

> Why bother calling and waiting? You show up on their doorstep
> with the cat! Take him to the local emergency vet and worry
> about paying for it later!

What doorstep? The one ~40-50 miles from here? I don't drive (hence
disabled) AND NO ONE WAS THERE. Our Humane Society does not open
until 9AM.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 04:12 AM
Response to "cshenk" >:

> "-Lost" wrote
>
>> "Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
>> seizure of some kind and the vet told me to bring him in
>> because if he was that bad off they would do a "courtesy
>> euthanasia" which is what they did.
>
> Bless you for not just leaving him outside. It sounds like
> internal damage of some sort.

Thanks. I realize I overreact all the time but because I'm not
able-bodied like those bitches cybercat and CatNipped (yep, I said
it -- bitches) or because I cannot throw money at the situation
this moment I'm a fuggin' troll.

>> Everyone always asks questions like they could have or would
>> have done something better.
>
> Sometimes, there is nothing better you can do than help them
> across the rainbow bridge.

Well, the problem was apparently fungal, malnourished, and the leg
was severely mangled from being attacked by something. The leg had
scarred over quite a bit but the vet said she was extremely
surprised because it was so infected -- it was oozing a thick
yellowish liquid. I forgot what she called it but it wasn't serum
or pus.

> I was very lucky with my one adopted cat of 'Bobby' who was in
> really bad shape and a vet with a heart who only charged me 750$
> back in 1983 for what should have been over $3,000 even then.
> Hit by a car we think. It sounds like puss-puss wasnt found
> early enough to do anything about (at least by you).

Yeah. That's why I freaked out because I've already convinced the
spouse to take in TWO of the strays here in or neighborhood. And
they were adamant about not taking in another animal regardless of
the situation. (Here's where the BITCHES will chime in about how
horrible my spouse is right?)

I call myself trying to be kind to an animal and I begged the
spouse to stop for this kitty. Then I come to the ONLY fanatics
that I thought would give a fug. Instead, they stroke each other's
bitchy arsed ways and make fun of people without knowing who they
really are.

CatNipped is the one who told me to contact her about arranging for
care of a cat. Then she pats her girl cybercat on the back as soon
as cybercat does what she always does -- act like a useless bitch.

I'm terribly sorry my English is not the best or that I ramble or
that I get excited easy!

>> I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet
>> in horrid condition (actually, he was quite loving and perky
>> after the convulsion which the doctor said could be seizure
>> brought on by infection) and at home DEAD where my spouse and I
>> had to bury him because we couldn't afford the cost to do
>> whatever they wanted with his body.
>
> In my yard, there are several dips in the grass, where long
> loved friends used to sit and their spirits we believe still
> reside.

That's a really sweet way to look at it. Bless you. : )

(Sorry for rambling and ranting (and profuse use of the word
bitch)!)

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

dejablues[_4_]
September 5th 08, 04:23 AM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "dejablues" >:
>
>> Why bother calling and waiting? You show up on their doorstep
>> with the cat! Take him to the local emergency vet and worry
>> about paying for it later!
>
> What doorstep? The one ~40-50 miles from here? I don't drive (hence
> disabled) AND NO ONE WAS THERE. Our Humane Society does not open
> until 9AM.

The closest vet was 40 miles away?
Asking for money or transport help on USENET was faster how, exactly? You
do realize that USENET posters span the globe, and will not necessarily be
lurking around your backyard?

dejablues[_4_]
September 5th 08, 04:27 AM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
. ..
>
> I call myself trying to be kind to an animal and I begged the
> spouse to stop for this kitty. Then I come to the ONLY fanatics
> that I thought would give a fug. Instead, they stroke each other's
> bitchy arsed ways and make fun of people without knowing who they
> really are.

You posted this story not to get actual advice and assistance for a cat, but
to get some sort of attention for attempting to save a cat that you really
had no ability to help. If there was any cat at all.

Rhonda[_3_]
September 5th 08, 05:32 AM
Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of the
night and a cat in critical condition.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by getting
him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable too after food and
water.

This mess was caused by someone else and you got stuck with it. Such an
emotional thing to go through.

I hope you can track down the owners and somehow get them charged with
cruelty. If you ever can get hold of the Humane Society, they can help
with what needs to be done to bring those people some accountability.

Thanks for caring for the poor cat,

Rhonda

-Lost wrote:
> EMERGENCY!!: Seriously injured cat and I CANNOT do anything about
> it (sort of - READ!) PLEASE HELP!
>
> I have him in my home and I'm providing food and water for a
> SERIOUSLY malnourished young male (I think, haven't checked) with
> exposed hips and ribs with a mangled left arm.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 05:55 AM
Response to "dejablues" >:

> The closest vet was 40 miles away?

The closest vet was less than 10 miles away and not open until 8AM
which is where he went at that time.

> Asking for money or transport help on USENET was faster how,
> exactly? You do realize that USENET posters span the globe, and
> will not necessarily be lurking around your backyard?

That's the thing... I wasn't asking ALL of Usenet, I was asking the
BITCH who told me about asking for this EXACT type of help. In
addition, there are others here who offered me help via e-mail (and
I've even been sent discarded cat toys, cat grass seed, AND a book
on how to better understand a kitty). I was talking to THEM. But
as usual, because I "don't speak right" for everyone I must be a
troll.

In addition, I didn't ask for money (per se). I asked for the
exact help I was told could be found here. That is why I said
SOMEONE could contact the vet directly so no one had to give me any
money -- they could have helped with the bill, paid the bill,
talked to the vet about the condition of Puss Puss -- WHATEVER.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 06:41 AM
Response to "dejablues" >:

>> I call myself trying to be kind to an animal and I begged the
>> spouse to stop for this kitty. Then I come to the ONLY
>> fanatics that I thought would give a fug. Instead, they stroke
>> each other's bitchy arsed ways and make fun of people without
>> knowing who they really are.
>
> You posted this story not to get actual advice and assistance
> for a cat, but to get some sort of attention for attempting to
> save a cat that you really had no ability to help. If there was
> any cat at all.

If that makes you feel better to think that then wonderful. Bravo
for you.

Message-ID: >

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Oh, and please, pretty please die for me OK? I mean, nothing too
flamboyant... just croak! : )

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 06:48 AM
Response to Rhonda >:

> Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle
> of the night and a cat in critical condition.

In fairness, I do overreact to stuff. It's not the first time I've
been told that. But yeah... I was freaking out. I'm still new to
the care of kitties altogether.

We've had Gabby for one year now and Phat Kat for ~6 months I
think.

> I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by
> getting him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable
> too after food and water.

It was the only time Puss Puss was quiet. The vet really tugged
and pulled on his arm trying to stretch it out and he didn't react
violently but just licked on her arm and the spouse's hand (I'm
crying... sorry...)

> This mess was caused by someone else and you got stuck with it.
> Such an emotional thing to go through.

And to boot I've been told by the police nothing will happen and
the vet basically said the same thing (that the police wouldn't do
****e).

> I hope you can track down the owners and somehow get them
> charged with cruelty. If you ever can get hold of the Humane
> Society, they can help with what needs to be done to bring those
> people some accountability.

OK, I thought they only served to help me get assistance to the cat
and the SPCA did criminal filings or whatnot. I'll callback then
which I haven't done because they didn't care enough to call back
AT ALL.

> Thanks for caring for the poor cat,

I hope I did enough and was not the cause of undue suffering. If I
acted as best as I could, then I appreciate your praise.

You can see the post here:

Message-ID: >

Or search Google Groups (advanced search) for:



As soon as Google Groups has the post.

Warning! If you are like me, your chest will be hurting so bad
you'll think you're having a heart attack after viewing these
pictures.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Thanks for responding.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 06:51 AM
Response to "cshenk" >:

I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.

You and Rhonda were the only ones to not say something bad about me
and I shouldn't have even mentioned anything about the others to you
as I'm sure you can read just as we all do. ; )

Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.

http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

Thanks again for responding.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

nobody
September 5th 08, 04:38 PM
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:02:10 -0500, "-Lost"
> wrote:

>Response to "cybercat" >:
>
>> Anyone with any sense would have already taken the cat to a vet
>> or the humane society. Take him in and say, "I have no money for
>> his care, but could not stand to see him suffer." This is why I
>> have this stupid bitch killfiled. If ANYONE but "Lost" had found
>> this animal, he would already be getting care or euthanized and
>> out of pain.
>
>There was nothing available except for an emergency hotline
>(answering service) who have a vet contact me and then would expect
>payment upon delivery of service. Don't believe me I can send your
>worthless arse the number and exact location if you like?

I don't know if the story is true or not, given how the Internet is
these days. Iif it is, you have my thanks for taking care of the poor
kitty and condolences for the loss.

cshenk
September 5th 08, 05:16 PM
"-Lost" wrote
> Response to "cshenk"

>>> "Puss Puss" was pronounced dead at 9:01 AM EST after having a
>>> euthanasia" which is what they did.
>>
>> Bless you for not just leaving him outside. It sounds like
>> internal damage of some sort.
>
> Thanks. I realize I overreact all the time but because I'm not
> able-bodied or because I cannot throw money at the situation

Smile, minor editing of your post to shorten yet get the gist. I'm with ya
on some of this. I too have medical issues. So do both of my pets though
Daisy-cat's problems arent severe.

>> Sometimes, there is nothing better you can do than help them
>> across the rainbow bridge.
>
> Well, the problem was apparently fungal, malnourished, and the leg
> was severely mangled from being attacked by something. The leg had
> scarred over quite a bit but the vet said she was extremely
> surprised because it was so infected -- it was oozing a thick
> yellowish liquid. I forgot what she called it but it wasn't serum
> or pus.

Odd, but must have been that way quite a time. Probably what they call
'systemic' by the time you found the poor fellow. That means all through
his body via the lymphatic system and/or blood stream.

>> I was very lucky with my one adopted cat of 'Bobby' who was in
>> really bad shape and a vet with a heart who only charged me 750$
>> back in 1983 for what should have been over $3,000 even then.

> Yeah. That's why I freaked out because I've already convinced the
> spouse to take in TWO of the strays here in or neighborhood. And
> they were adamant about not taking in another animal regardless of
> the situation. (Here's where the BITCHES will chime in about how
> horrible my spouse is right?)

With limited finances, I hate to say it but he's right. My husband would
like another dog, but I dont want the vet bills. I'm already paying 40$ a
month in insurance (just got back from the vets, the pre-check before they
both get dental and Cash-pup gets snipped with the cardiologist doing the
honors- I don't expect anyone to track everyone's pets so short version is
Cash had bad heartworms and has heart damage so he gets the cardiologist.
Yeah! He's finally healthy enough they say! Been turned down 4 times
before this).

Oh, my vet visit and the shot boosters Daisy needed are 'free' as well as
the dental work for both tomorrow. The snipping, if no complications will
run me 350$ because Cash is a special case. Even though a minor procedure,
50$ at the SPCA, the cost of the cardiologist is why so high.

> I'm terribly sorry my English is not the best or that I ramble or
> that I get excited easy!

It's ok.

>>> I'll make sure to e-mail you pictures of Puss Puss at the vet

I was afraid to look.

>>> had to bury him because we couldn't afford the cost to do
>>> whatever they wanted with his body.
>>
>> In my yard, there are several dips in the grass, where long
>> loved friends used to sit and their spirits we believe still
>> reside.
>
> That's a really sweet way to look at it. Bless you. : )

;-) It was at least a little bit over the money I'll admit but we are glad
at that solution. There's a comforting feeling about their spirits being
near, getting to watch their 'little Baby' Charlotte grow into a lovely 14
year old.

> (Sorry for rambling and ranting (and profuse use of the word
> bitch)!)

Hey, we come here to chat and to comfort or assist. I actually usually get
along fine with both of the others you do not get along with. It was the
dog echo I couldnt handle.

Some really awkward folks there and horrendously bad advice. My vet is a
quiet reader there and was spitting mad when I walked in with Cash about all
the garbage they were dishing. Worst was the feeding advice. Cash
fortunately now is stable at the perfect weight of 50 lbs (give or take one
just like you and I would shift a tad). I ignored them and went with what
the vet said and then they got *really* nasty. (Cash is a beagle mix, was
34 lbs and they wanted me to immediately put him on a severe diet even
though I was clearly telling them his spine was sticking out and you could
count every rib up to his shoulders from across the room when standing). 16
lbs later, he's a lovely beagle mix. Believed to be part bull mastiff which
is why he's so big. Looks like a short legged bull mastiff with a big
beagle head ;-)

Now Daisy-cat? She needs a diet! We've been overfeeding her. She's not an
overtly big boned cat and should be about 10-11 lbs, but is at 14.2 today.
Not too far out of standard, but not all that good for her either.

LoL, you got me rambling! Hopefully a little cheery note will make you feel
better?

cshenk
September 5th 08, 05:19 PM
"-Lost" wrote
> Response to "cshenk" >:
>
> I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.

It's ok. I'm not the type to get upset at a little rambling ;-)

> Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
> wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.
>
> http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/

I'm too squeemish to look.

cybercat
September 5th 08, 05:20 PM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
...
> "-Lost" wrote
>> Response to "cshenk" >:
>>
>> I just want to apologize again for ranting in my response to you.
>
> It's ok. I'm not the type to get upset at a little rambling ;-)
>
>> Warning! These pictures show what I believe to be fairly nasty
>> wounds and a suffering cat despite his WONDERFUL disposition.
>>
>> http://foomanchu.com/Puss-Puss/
>
> I'm too squeemish to look.
>
>

This bitch is a troll. After all the noise, here's the question: what could
possibly have been the purpose of posting this horse****? So there's the
cat, mangled and suffering, and this asshole for whatever reason will not
take it to the vet or the Humane Society. What is the purpose of posting
about it here?

To upset people. Period.

cybercat
September 5th 08, 05:21 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of the
> night and a cat in critical condition.
>
> I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by getting
> him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable too after food and
> water.

And am I glad "Lost" posted here first that she could not take the cat to a
vet. That was really good too. Ugh.

cshenk
September 5th 08, 05:28 PM
"nobody" wrote

>>> Anyone with any sense would have already taken the cat to a vet
>>> or the humane society. Take him in and say, "I have no money for
>>> his care, but could not stand to see him suffer." This is why I

> I don't know if the story is true or not, given how the Internet is
> these days. Iif it is, you have my thanks for taking care of the poor
> kitty and condolences for the loss.

'Lost' is living in a semi-remote area, not a big city and the cat was found
at night. She's got some medical issues that prevent driving so had to wait
til the vets opened next morning. She was there when they opened and had
the cat put to sleep right away. A sad situation but she did the best she
could under the circumstances.

Most folks that are mad at her, didnt notice the time-line, or pay attention
to the list of injuries in the first post. Now, I wouldnt have sent money
either, but I can appreciate she did the best she knew how under the
circumstances and was at the vets waiting for them to open first thing
having already tried the only emergency line she had and not getting a
response.

cshenk
September 5th 08, 06:06 PM
"cybercat" wrote
> "cshenk" > wrote in message

> This bitch is a troll. After all the noise, here's the question: what
> could possibly have been the purpose of posting this horse****? So
> there's the cat, mangled and suffering, and this asshole for whatever
> reason will not take it to the vet or the Humane Society. What is the
> purpose of posting about it here?

Track the timeline. Rural areas often do not have 24/7 emergency care. She
was in a bit of a panic, yes. I think any of us would be under those
circumstances of having to wait for the vet to open. I know I would be.
I'd ramble in panic.

Then again, I live in a big area. In fact, this past Monday (holiday) had
the city services out. Someone's lab rat looking thing has gotten loose and
there are babies as well. We were the 3rd one to call evidently when we saw
2 in our back yard on the wood pile while the neighbors and our kid were
back there playing. (mom and baby we think).

They've been laying traps and warned folks to keep their cats inside until
they collect them and to keep dogs on leashes even in back yard for now (not
to let them stay there, but walk them on a leash to pee then take them back
in). I had to call back to have them collect the full one behind my wood
pile this morning. How's that for fun? The arent 'mice' but full bodied
rats. Source not know as of yet but they found some at the back of the
school thats a block away and think a storage room for the kitchen may be
related? Just a logical guess but the fellow who picked up the dead rat and
left another trap there, said they hadnt found anything yet.

No rabies yet thank goodness. Yes, we get rabid squirrels from time to time
here. I'm told people get huge fines if they are caught allowing the rabies
shots on their pets to lapse and there are city services to have them
updated for near free (I think it's like 5$).

Anyways, they've caught 2. One adult (my yard) and one adolescent. No more
sightings so the rat poison may have worked. We hope so!

cybercat
September 5th 08, 06:10 PM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
...
> "nobody" wrote
>
>>>> Anyone with any sense would have already taken the cat to a vet
>>>> or the humane society. Take him in and say, "I have no money for
>>>> his care, but could not stand to see him suffer." This is why I
>
>> I don't know if the story is true or not, given how the Internet is
>> these days. Iif it is, you have my thanks for taking care of the poor
>> kitty and condolences for the loss.
>
> 'Lost' is living in a semi-remote area, not a big city and the cat was
> found at night. She's got some medical issues that prevent driving so had
> to wait til the vets opened next morning.

Right. Read the original post again. The horse **** you choose to believe is
what "Lost" said while backpedaling. Below is the original post, most likely
designed to get money from people.

I have him in my home and I'm providing food and water for a
> SERIOUSLY malnourished young male (I think, haven't checked) with
> exposed hips and ribs with a mangled left arm.
>
> The weird WEIRD weird lady who happened to be walking around in her
> front yard when we spotted the kitty (at 4:30AM) says it is was the
> next door neighbor's cat, the arm was broken a LONG time ago she
> said (yeah ****ing right, that's why the arm is scarred over but
> seeping serum?!) and they finally got tired of it because their dog
> would attack it.
>
> As she loved and kissed on it the spouse pushed her out of the way
> to close the car door (he was disgusted).
>
> So I'm asking or telling you all this...
>
> I need help. Either financially because I cannot take the burden
> of this poor kitty at the moment.
>
> (cybercat, please don't choose now to be a bitch.)
>
> ...or I need someone to take this cat immediately. The options are
> as follows as I understand them.
>
> 1) The "dog pound" will immediately euthanize this kitty because
> of the severity of its condition.
>
> 2) The refuge cannot take more animals at the moment (and will not
> take an injured animal of this extent -- yeah... refuge huh?)
>
> 3) The vets will NOT take this kitty as far as I know because I
> cannot pay for the care which they want to know up front.
>

Cat Protector
September 5th 08, 07:02 PM
I have to agree with cybercat on this one. I tried to offer advice and the
OP was pretty rude with me as well. Trollers are usually like that.


"cshenk" > wrote in message
...
> "cybercat" wrote
> Track the timeline. Rural areas often do not have 24/7 emergency care.
> She was in a bit of a panic, yes. I think any of us would be under those
> circumstances of having to wait for the vet to open. I know I would be.
> I'd ramble in panic.
>
> Then again, I live in a big area. In fact, this past Monday (holiday) had
> the city services out. Someone's lab rat looking thing has gotten loose
> and there are babies as well. We were the 3rd one to call evidently when
> we saw 2 in our back yard on the wood pile while the neighbors and our kid
> were back there playing. (mom and baby we think).
>
> They've been laying traps and warned folks to keep their cats inside until
> they collect them and to keep dogs on leashes even in back yard for now
> (not to let them stay there, but walk them on a leash to pee then take
> them back in). I had to call back to have them collect the full one
> behind my wood pile this morning. How's that for fun? The arent 'mice'
> but full bodied rats. Source not know as of yet but they found some at
> the back of the school thats a block away and think a storage room for the
> kitchen may be related? Just a logical guess but the fellow who picked up
> the dead rat and left another trap there, said they hadnt found anything
> yet.
>
> No rabies yet thank goodness. Yes, we get rabid squirrels from time to
> time here. I'm told people get huge fines if they are caught allowing the
> rabies shots on their pets to lapse and there are city services to have
> them updated for near free (I think it's like 5$).
>
> Anyways, they've caught 2. One adult (my yard) and one adolescent. No
> more sightings so the rat poison may have worked. We hope so!
>

-Lost
September 5th 08, 08:32 PM
Response to "cshenk" >:

>> This bitch is a troll. After all the noise, here's the
>> question: what could possibly have been the purpose of posting
>> this horse****? So there's the cat, mangled and suffering, and
>> this asshole for whatever reason will not take it to the vet or
>> the Humane Society. What is the purpose of posting about it
>> here?

Because your best friend CatNipped told me it was an alternative
before. To seek assistance here. That's what I get for depending
on a liar.

>> To upset people. Period.

I hope that's true. Maybe I can force you into an early heart
attack? And yeah, I'm flaming or trolling now I guess. Only
because flaming means to post hurtful ****e on purpose. You know,
what you've done for years here!

> Track the timeline. Rural areas often do not have 24/7
> emergency care. She was in a bit of a panic, yes. I think any
> of us would be under those circumstances of having to wait for
> the vet to open. I know I would be. I'd ramble in panic.

My spouse brought that up to me as I sat here crying wondering why
I was dumb enough to post here about it (like CatNipped suggested
to me before). They made a really valid point -- Puss Puss was in
our home for maybe 4 hours. That entire time I called people and
got no answer (as usual because it was not during normal business
hours), fed and watered kitty, swaddled kitty in a towel, and kept
him safe from Gabby -- Phat Kat wouldn't have been a problem.

I also like how Cat Protector calls themselves helpful when all
they did was call me a troll and question my actions.

I also like how the infallible cybercat or the Google-sleuth
CatNipped doesn't bother to verify that my area has no such FREE or
"assistance before paying and you can worry about the bill later"
service but continue to run their mouth. Or how about cybercat
saying "do ANYTHING for the kitty to help it, no matter what it
costs" yet me doing that was wrong.

Screw it... I'm a troll then I guess. If that means I'll continue
to call it like I see it and NEVER be intimidated by the little
game they play of labeling people and hanging on for dear life
again.

Thanks for believing I'm just a goob, cshenk. : )

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 09:35 PM
Response to "cybercat" >:

>>> I don't know if the story is true or not, given how the
>>> Internet is these days. Iif it is, you have my thanks for
>>> taking care of the poor kitty and condolences for the loss.
>>
>> 'Lost' is living in a semi-remote area, not a big city and the
>> cat was found at night. She's got some medical issues that
>> prevent driving so had to wait til the vets opened next
>> morning.
>
> Right. Read the original post again. The horse **** you choose
> to believe is what "Lost" said while backpedaling. Below is the
> original post, most likely designed to get money from people.

Every bit of the "horse ****" is accurate. I just rambled off
SEVERAL different ideas about what to do. I was trying to cover
all bases (because as stated I don't process as fast as most so I
rambled about everything I could type out in time).

It'd be great if cybercat could be specific about which part is
****e. I still don't understand. Same with the backpedaling...
what did I recant on?

And of course they dodge the fact that I have said more than once
that ALL I asked for was for them to contact the vet or whatever.
The reason cybercat ignores it is because her chum CatNipped told
me to do this before.

God forbid we admit our friend is at fault to save them some face.

> I have him in my home and I'm providing food and water for a
>> SERIOUSLY malnourished young male (I think, haven't checked)
>> with exposed hips and ribs with a mangled left arm.
>>
>> The weird WEIRD weird lady who happened to be walking around in
>> her front yard when we spotted the kitty (at 4:30AM) says it is
>> was the next door neighbor's cat, the arm was broken a LONG
>> time ago she said (yeah ****ing right, that's why the arm is
>> scarred over but seeping serum?!) and they finally got tired of
>> it because their dog would attack it.
>>
>> As she loved and kissed on it the spouse pushed her out of the
>> way to close the car door (he was disgusted).
>>
>> So I'm asking or telling you all this...
>>
>> I need help. Either financially because I cannot take the
>> burden of this poor kitty at the moment.

OK, worded wrong. Where is the part about "to alleviate trust
issues?" Oh, THAT'S RIGHT! It does benefit your theory about me.

>> (cybercat, please don't choose now to be a bitch.)

Looks like you didn't listen.

>> ...or I need someone to take this cat immediately. The options
>> are as follows as I understand them.

Oh no! Someone else come and help me with the cat! Oh yeah I see
how I screwed up now. (????????????????)

>> 1) The "dog pound" will immediately euthanize this kitty
>> because of the severity of its condition.

Perfectly true. Although cybercat doesn't want truth.

>> 2) The refuge cannot take more animals at the moment (and will
>> not take an injured animal of this extent -- yeah... refuge
>> huh?)

Perfectly true. Although cybercat doesn't want truth. And to boot
one of the places I found said that they would require the kitty to
be in good health or for us to get veterinary care for it before it
could come there.

Hell, if we could have afforded it we'd have a new kitty! Possible
amputee and all!

>> 3) The vets will NOT take this kitty as far as I know because
>> I cannot pay for the care which they want to know up front.

Perfectly true. During the "most vets will work out a payment
plan" "horse ****" (as cybercat calls it) that everyone told me
here period I called ALL the vets within a 25 mile radius and NONE
would work out a payment plan. The one in the "big city" about ~50
miles from here would. I cannot get that far on my own.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 5th 08, 09:53 PM
Response to "cybercat" >:

>> Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle
>> of the night and a cat in critical condition.
>>
>> I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor
>> by getting him to the vet. He was probably much more
>> comfortable too after food and water.
>
> And am I glad "Lost" posted here first that she could not take
> the cat to a vet. That was really good too. Ugh.

I feel your pain cybercat. The truth is often a painful thing to
admit, especially when it strikes close to home.

You know, like you being an incompetent bitch. You claim that the
only reason I posted this was because I wanted to "upset people."
What were you doing when you spewed your business about poor Boo
and her lump? Were you trying to upset people?

What were you doing when you talked about you didn't have any money
at first because you had to "do some jobs." I can only guess what
a crotchety woman did as a "some jobs." As a matter of fact what
were you doing for Boo while you waited to get money? (On the last
one I'm guessing you were able to get her care before you had the
money -- I don't have that luxury around here.)

Were you trying to upset us?

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

Rhonda[_3_]
September 6th 08, 06:43 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of the
>>night and a cat in critical condition.
>>
>>I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by getting
>>him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable too after food and
>>water.
>
> And am I glad "Lost" posted here first that she could not take the cat to a
> vet. That was really good too. Ugh.

What I saw in that post was panic. The cat was in trouble and she didn't
know how to help. Posting about needing someone to take the cat right
now was raw terror. Worrying about a vet not even wanting to help
because she couldn't pay up front was another issue.

I'm sorry for the cat and I'm not going to judge Lost for what was said
or not said while a cat was laying in her tub, dying.

Rhonda

jmc
September 6th 08, 01:46 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Rhonda exclaimed (9/6/2008 1:43 AM):
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>
>>> Wow, what a tough situation. I can feel the panic -- the middle of
>>> the night and a cat in critical condition.
>>>
>>> I'm sorry you had to go through that. You did the cat a favor by
>>> getting him to the vet. He was probably much more comfortable too
>>> after food and water.
>>
>> And am I glad "Lost" posted here first that she could not take the cat
>> to a vet. That was really good too. Ugh.
>
> What I saw in that post was panic. The cat was in trouble and she didn't
> know how to help. Posting about needing someone to take the cat right
> now was raw terror. Worrying about a vet not even wanting to help
> because she couldn't pay up front was another issue.
>
> I'm sorry for the cat and I'm not going to judge Lost for what was said
> or not said while a cat was laying in her tub, dying.
>
> Rhonda
>

Yes, I agree with Rhonda. I've lived in even remoter areas than Lost
probably lives in, and might have posted something similar had I come
across a cat that badly injured, with no help in sight. I certainly
would have reacted similarly - research the 'net for first aid, post
here looking for help, keep calling around trying to find *someone* who
could help the poor cat, and panic until morning when nothing helps.

However, Lost, I'd not reacted with the vitriol you did. It just makes
'em more convinced you're a troll, though I know you're not.

I'm sort of surprised at the lack of compassion of the local vet though,
all the vets I've had would of (and have, once or twice), met me at the
clinic, no matter what time it was.

I do think sometimes people are too quick to call troll, just because a
person doesn't (or can't) handle an emergency the same way they would.
No matter how detailed the post, we Are Not There (and We Are Not Them),
and cannot know the exact situation the person's in, or going through.

jmc

cshenk
September 6th 08, 02:20 PM
"-Lost" wrote
> "cshenk" >:

>> Smile, minor editing of your post to shorten yet get the gist.
>> I'm with ya on some of this. I too have medical issues. So do
>> both of my pets though Daisy-cat's problems arent severe.
>
> Oh sheesh, that'll be a chore in and of itself. Get me to shorten
> a ramble? : P

Snicker. Well, just dropped off Daisy and Cash for the vet to work on.
Both get dental, Cash gets snipped as well.

Cardiologist came out to walk him about a bit and smiled. Even if we aren't
perfect at ear cleanings, they are delighted at how healthy they both are.
Especially Cash who's 50.00 lbs on the nose! PERFECT!

His coat is glossy, his eyes are bright, his belly slightly concave with a
natural waist dip when seen from above. I might even dip into that dog echo
just to crow a little (evil grin).

On Daisy, I forgot to subtract her carrier properly yesterday. She's 12.2
lbs. Still, I was by eyeball going 'about 2 lbs over' and thats still
right. Not norribly fat, but a bit more plump than the little lady should
be.

>>> extremely surprised because it was so infected -- it was oozing
>>> a thick yellowish liquid. I forgot what she called it but it
>>> wasn't serum or pus.
>>
>> Odd, but must have been that way quite a time. Probably what
>> they call 'systemic' by the time you found the poor fellow.
>> That means all through his body via the lymphatic system and/or
>> blood stream.
>
> That was it! Systemic! Although I still think she may have called
> the liquid a specific name...

Yes, she would have. Serum something probably. To help out, 'systemic'
means it was throughout much of the poor thing's body. Possibly pockets of
infection all through the abdomin which matches how you described the little
thing's pain. The words 'septicemia' were probably used as well. Thats an
infection of the blood system.

>> With limited finances, I hate to say it but he's right. My
>> husband would like another dog, but I dont want the vet bills.
>> I'm already paying 40$ a month in insurance (just got back from
>> the vets, the pre-check before they both get dental and Cash-pup
>> gets snipped with the cardiologist doing the honors- I don't
>> expect anyone to track everyone's pets so short version is Cash
>> had bad heartworms and has heart damage so he gets the
>> cardiologist. Yeah! He's finally healthy enough they say! Been
>> turned down 4 times before this).

Cardiologist is all smiles. He's getting snipped already probably and they
will keep him much of the day to make sure he comes out of the anestesia
(cant spell that one) ok. They anticipate no problems.

> I've come to this conclusion too. First people complain about
> someone doing the wrong thing, then they complain that they should
> go in debt, then they about face again claiming me finding Puss
> Puss was just a reason for me to post an inflammatory post.

The lady at the counter was telling me that she had to have one of her cats
put down not long ago. Could not afford the treatment, and only a 50%
survival chance with reduced quality of life probable if she had. Advanced
lymphatic cancer. Sad, but happens even to folks who work in a vet's
office.

> I think the spouse has it through my thick skull. We will not
> incur debt for an animal that we do not owe a responsibility if it
> means taking away from OUR animal friends. And it would HAVE to be
> debt because we don't have cash on hand like that.

True. A sad reality. It's best to keep to what you know you can handle.
Oh, keep your kitties indoors to reduce risk of dog damage. It sounds like
there might be some that aren't very cat friendly near you.

>> Hey, we come here to chat and to comfort or assist. I actually
>> usually get along fine with both of the others you do not get
>> along with. It was the dog echo I couldnt handle.
>
> That's what I thought! Which is all I've ever really done here.
> Chat in my own (obviously unaccepted) way.

Hey, Rhonda and I have no problem with it! You'll see she sent another
message last night that your panic is perfectly understandable.

Best thing is just ignore the ones who are getting all awkward. Cybercat
can be that way but alot of the time she's cool people and she and I have
had many a nice exchange.

>> Some really awkward folks there and horrendously bad advice. My
>> vet is a quiet reader there and was spitting mad when I walked
>> in with Cash about all the garbage they were dishing. Worst was
>> the feeding advice. Cash fortunately now is stable at the
>
> Ah, that's right! You had a taste of the GRAMMAR HARPIES.

Naw, just started a post and hit the wrong tone for the folks in that other
group. Like some didnt fully read yours and took off on just a small
portion of it, same happened to me.

Grin, never mention 'small reputable breeder' there! They do not believe
such a thing exists. That one *really* spun up my vet. I mentioned the
english bull dog couple across the street and how they breed them (3 litters
after checking carefully to be sure a 3rd was ok with the vet, then she got
spayed). Nice folks, pups come with all shots, 1st year benefield contract
pre-paid, house broken, neuter/spay appt (also pre-paid), well adjusted and
leash trained. Ages when they come available for adoption range based on
the pup's learning speed with I believe 4 months being the usual. They make
a small profit on them (about 300$) which offsets the cost to feed the
parents and little more. Most go to homes within 2 miles of us and they do
not advertise. They make sure they only go to good families who also will
have them neutered on time and understand that all the other english bull
dogs around here are their own pups so no safe breeding can happen. None of
them have ever had any health problems and if they arent true 'show
quality', they are close enough for the likes of regular people who just
love the breed.

Well, I mentioned them and the fur started flying! Now, you have to put
together that my vet is also their vet (a good place, nearest one to us both
as well).

> I think it's funny in a way. The dog group tore me a new one for
> using a smiley face so I didn't come off sounding or appearing
> rude. The smiley face they said was me being rude (or something
> like that) and then we argued them being idiots while they talked
> about how poor my grammar is.

hehehehe!

>> perfect weight of 50 lbs (give or take one just like you and I
>> would shift a tad). I ignored them and went with what the vet
>> said and then they got *really* nasty. (Cash is a beagle mix,
>> was 34 lbs and they wanted me to immediately put him on a severe
>> diet even though I was clearly telling them his spine was
>> sticking out and you could count every rib up to his shoulders
>> from across the room when standing). 16 lbs later, he's a
>> lovely beagle mix. Believed to be part bull mastiff which is
>> why he's so big. Looks like a short legged bull mastiff with a
>> big beagle head ;-)
>
> *chuckle* He sounds adorable!

He is! When Cash sashay's by, dog lovers just start smiling. First glance,
'aww! What a cute Beagle! Second glance, my GHOD what a Huge muscular cute
waggy tailed beagle!'

If I tell someone I have a 50 lb Beagle, they get confused and think I'm
some maniac who over feeds. I learned to mention *mix* right up there first
and that the vets best guess based on measurements is Bull Mastiff (who I
believe get to 100 lbs or so?). Have to use a harness for him. His neck is
so muscular, a regular collar woth work for walking.

Back to cats ;-)

>> Now Daisy-cat? She needs a diet! We've been overfeeding her.
>> She's not an overtly big boned cat and should be about 10-11
>> lbs, but is at 14.2 today. Not too far out of standard, but not
>> all that good for her either.

I was off by 2 lbs there. Forgot to account for the fluffy big towel.
She's 12.2 which is about 2 more than she should be.

> Phil P. has a Purina scoring chart on his Max's House site if you
> haven't seen it:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/nutrition/Body_Scoring_System-Chart.jpg

Yes. Site back up now. Daisy would be between 'heavy' and 'overweight' but
well under 'obese' from the pics.

> I'm trying to get Phat Kat down and it's working a little. My 2
> problems are he bites me when he wants food which is constantly and
> he does not like to play or exercise in general. Every now and
> again he gets the wide-eyed-crazy-kitty thing going but it usually
> lasts less than a few minutes.

It's hard. Especially if you free feed. I had to stop that with Daisy
except she gets nutty if there isnt a small amount of kibble left for her.
She was abandoned and some of that stayed with her. Her behavior is still a
little feral but not too bad.

>> LoL, you got me rambling! Hopefully a little cheery note will
>> make you feel better?
>
> Yes. I feel a lot better to see someone beside my spouse actually
> understanding I meant no harm. Why is it so hard to believe
> someone isn't up to something all the time? Sheesh.

Some folks are more suspicious, probably because they have been taken in
before. I tend to take folks at face value and while sometimes I get proven
wrong, it doesnt stop me from taking the next person at face value again.

cshenk
September 6th 08, 02:31 PM
"jmc" wrote
> Rhonda

>> I'm sorry for the cat and I'm not going to judge Lost for what was said
>> or not said while a cat was laying in her tub, dying.

> Yes, I agree with Rhonda. I've lived in even remoter areas than Lost
> probably lives in, and might have posted something similar had I come
> across a cat that badly injured, with no help in sight. I certainly would
> have reacted similarly - research the 'net for first aid, post here
> looking for help, keep calling around trying to find *someone* who could
> help the poor cat, and panic until morning when nothing helps.

Same here on the feelings though I've not lived in any remote areas in a
very long time. Still, had I had a pet in Sasebo Japan, it would have been
a problem in the middle of the night because I don't speak any significant
Japanese (Nihongo) so getting help would have been difficult. The base vet
is only there a few days a week.
I think it was Tuesday and Thursday? Morning only. Basic services only
like shots and neuter.

> I'm sort of surprised at the lack of compassion of the local vet though,
> all the vets I've had would of (and have, once or twice), met me at the
> clinic, no matter what time it was.

I gather she couldnt find one to answer, just machines to take a message?

> I do think sometimes people are too quick to call troll, just because a
> person doesn't (or can't) handle an emergency the same way they would.

Yes and she only had the cat for 4 hours.

-Lost
September 6th 08, 09:05 PM
Response to Rhonda >:

> What I saw in that post was panic. The cat was in trouble and
> she didn't know how to help. Posting about needing someone to
> take the cat right now was raw terror. Worrying about a vet not
> even wanting to help because she couldn't pay up front was
> another issue.
>
> I'm sorry for the cat and I'm not going to judge Lost for what
> was said or not said while a cat was laying in her tub, dying.

Thank you very much for your compassion. Whatever I may have done
wrong in my post NONE of it was intentional (or for the reasons
"they" spout).

Take care!

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 6th 08, 09:14 PM
Response to jmc >:

> Yes, I agree with Rhonda. I've lived in even remoter areas than
> Lost probably lives in, and might have posted something similar
> had I come across a cat that badly injured, with no help in
> sight. I certainly would have reacted similarly - research the
> 'net for first aid, post here looking for help, keep calling
> around trying to find *someone* who could help the poor cat, and
> panic until morning when nothing helps.
>
> However, Lost, I'd not reacted with the vitriol you did. It
> just makes 'em more convinced you're a troll, though I know
> you're not.

*nods* Understood. Although I had to look up "vitriol." : P

Also, I remember someone (I think CatNipped) telling me that people
take jokes here the wrong way so I tried to stop that (I believe I
did). I always joked about beating our rotten Gabby near death and
understood it was in poor taste so out of respect kept my further
"horror" stories quiet.

Gabby is still rotten though rest assured. : )

> I'm sort of surprised at the lack of compassion of the local vet
> though, all the vets I've had would of (and have, once or
> twice), met me at the clinic, no matter what time it was.

Actually, the vet KISSED Puss Puss on his head which was covered in
a few pieces of what looked like mouse poo to me -- if you split
his fur you could see at least 2-5 fleas running about -- the vet
noticed from a couple feet away that he had some kind of fungal
thing going and she was KISSING HIM on his forehead.

The MAJOR problem came in the fact the veterinary office CANNOT be
contacted without going through EMERGENCY services which REQUIRE
payment before service. Also, there is NO PAYMENT PLAN WHATSOEVER.

(Uppercase for those who have ignored those facts, not for you!)

> I do think sometimes people are too quick to call troll, just
> because a person doesn't (or can't) handle an emergency the same
> way they would. No matter how detailed the post, we Are Not
> There (and We Are Not Them), and cannot know the exact situation
> the person's in, or going through.

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not delighted that a few of
you actually believe I meant nothing by it (other than to seek SOME
form of assistance) -- of course that could be construed as "thanks
for falling for it." So whatever, I'll say my sincere thank you
and ignore them as was suggested.

Thank you, thank you! Take care!

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 6th 08, 09:24 PM
Response to "cshenk" >:

>>> I'm sorry for the cat and I'm not going to judge Lost for what
>>> was said or not said while a cat was laying in her tub, dying.
>
>> Yes, I agree with Rhonda. I've lived in even remoter areas
>> than Lost probably lives in, and might have posted something
>> similar had I come across a cat that badly injured, with no
>> help in sight. I certainly would have reacted similarly -
>> research the 'net for first aid, post here looking for help,
>> keep calling around trying to find *someone* who could help the
>> poor cat, and panic until morning when nothing helps.
>
> Same here on the feelings though I've not lived in any remote
> areas in a very long time. Still, had I had a pet in Sasebo
> Japan, it would have been a problem in the middle of the night
> because I don't speak any significant Japanese (Nihongo) so
> getting help would have been difficult. The base vet is only
> there a few days a week. I think it was Tuesday and Thursday?
> Morning only. Basic services only like shots and neuter.

Ah, I thought so! You live in Japan or are from there? Too cool!

The spouse and I used to follow the sushi group (I hope that
doesn't sound racist or something) quite actively and love the
culture (not that we really know that much about it).

Yesterday I looked up "dashi" and "miso." : P (From your posts
about broths and what your family had for breakfast.)

>> I'm sort of surprised at the lack of compassion of the local
>> vet though, all the vets I've had would of (and have, once or
>> twice), met me at the clinic, no matter what time it was.
>
> I gather she couldnt find one to answer, just machines to take a
> message?

Exactly. (See my response to jmc, before this one.)

>> I do think sometimes people are too quick to call troll, just
>> because a person doesn't (or can't) handle an emergency the
>> same way they would.
>
> Yes and she only had the cat for 4 hours.

I cried like a bloomin' idiot until the spouse made mention of
that. "What did you do wrong to be crying like this? You pursued
ALL avenues that you could think of all that I could think of and
the avenues led to nothing or to people who make themselves feel
better by ultimately being useless." (Not verbatim, but close.)

The really sad part is though I haven't kill-filed cybercat or
CatNipped because they are smart people (although cybercat has
crotchety ole' woman syndrome). I kill-filed Cat Protector because
they started out by calling me a troll. Then later tried to
justify why I'm a troll because I got mad about them calling me a
troll. (Which is actually when I kill-filed them.)

I'll do us all a favor and stop talking about it now -- unless of
course they say something else about me at which point I'll blast
away again. : P

Thanks again for being decent and great to your Cash and Daisy!
Hope all went well!

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 6th 08, 10:59 PM
Response to "cshenk" >:

<snip>

> Snicker. Well, just dropped off Daisy and Cash for the vet to
> work on. Both get dental, Cash gets snipped as well.
>
> Cardiologist came out to walk him about a bit and smiled. Even
> if we aren't perfect at ear cleanings, they are delighted at how
> healthy they both are. Especially Cash who's 50.00 lbs on the
> nose! PERFECT!

Couldn't do that again if you tried.

> His coat is glossy, his eyes are bright, his belly slightly
> concave with a natural waist dip when seen from above. I might
> even dip into that dog echo just to crow a little (evil grin).
>
> On Daisy, I forgot to subtract her carrier properly yesterday.
> She's 12.2 lbs. Still, I was by eyeball going 'about 2 lbs
> over' and thats still right. Not norribly fat, but a bit more
> plump than the little lady should be.

My spouse asked me something that I've no clue about (that he
thought AFTER leaving the vet). The table thingie that is padded
that also weighs them -- in the carrier with Puss Puss standing
there it said 14.something. The spouse leans on it and it moved
maybe .2-.3 pounds... ? How does that work?

<snip>

> Yes, she would have. Serum something probably. To help out,
> 'systemic' means it was throughout much of the poor thing's
> body. Possibly pockets of infection all through the abdomin
> which matches how you described the little thing's pain. The
> words 'septicemia' were probably used as well. Thats an
> infection of the blood system.

She didn't mention something specific about the stomach I don't
think, but she did mention that the leg had to have been that way a
LONG time she was just extremely puzzled as to why it would still
be harboring such infection.

Oh, I forgot... Puss Puss had broken teeth too. : (

<snip>

> Cardiologist is all smiles. He's getting snipped already
> probably and they will keep him much of the day to make sure he
> comes out of the anestesia (cant spell that one) ok. They
> anticipate no problems.

Pfft, spell checker is the ONLY reason my posts aren't worse than
what they are. ; )

<snip>

> True. A sad reality. It's best to keep to what you know you
> can handle. Oh, keep your kitties indoors to reduce risk of dog
> damage. It sounds like there might be some that aren't very cat
> friendly near you.

When we got Gabby I begged the spouse to keep him and they said,
"We CANNOT take another animal."

When Phat Kat came to us I begged the spouse to keep him and they
said, "We CANNOT take another animal."

When I saw Puss Puss limp across the road I begged the spouse to
keep him and they said, "We CANNOT take another animal."

See my pattern? : P

And yeah, there are TONS of dogs in the neighborhood. I recall as
the spouse talked to the lady who claimed to know the cat's owners
that every time the lady's pit bull barked, Puss Puss whipped his
head around. In my (possibly overreacting) eyes, it was a "Oh,
God, another dog!" look. Not a, "What was that?!" look. And he
did it EVERY single time the dog barked and then paused for a
second. So like at least 10 scared looks... I think it was a dog
(and idiot owners) all along.

The lady admitted to my spouse at some point the "owner" of Puss
Puss had a dog that they wanted to keep and that it kept attacking
Puss Puss or something like that -- or maybe the spouse inferred
that, not sure exactly how he told me. Point is they had a dog
they wanted to keep -- not a kitty they wanted to keep.

>>> Hey, we come here to chat and to comfort or assist. I
>>> actually usually get along fine with both of the others you do
>>> not get along with. It was the dog echo I couldnt handle.
>>
>> That's what I thought! Which is all I've ever really done
>> here. Chat in my own (obviously unaccepted) way.
>
> Hey, Rhonda and I have no problem with it! You'll see she sent
> another message last night that your panic is perfectly
> understandable.

Oh yes, I knew that! Sorry... I bounce back and forth between
points and sounding "OK" or "Not OK" frequently. The spouse
giggles at me because of how angry and excited I get when talking
about something that angered me. The spouse says it sounds like
I'm mad at them because I'll be screaming right at them.

No worries! : )) Thank you both!

> Best thing is just ignore the ones who are getting all awkward.
> Cybercat can be that way but alot of the time she's cool people
> and she and I have had many a nice exchange.

She's tough as nails which is why somewhere down deep I respect
her. That's all I'll say on the matter.

>>> Some really awkward folks there and horrendously bad advice.

<snip>

> Grin, never mention 'small reputable breeder' there! They do

Not that I'm condemning ANYONE, but I do not agree with breeding at
all. Only because of the valid points that this group has made on
the subject. There are too many out there now.

Demon and Pudge (our sister mutts) were in a muddy field found
eating the excrement of the other much larger dogs in the field who
were obviously garnishing the benefit of making it to the "food
trough" first and staying there until the food was gone -- which at
the time consisted of what the owning family didn't eat that night,
biscuits, and miscellaneous grease, gravies, et cetera.

Gabby was a skeleton of an adolescent kitten (we think, based on
best guesses from this group) hiding under our car in a rainstorm,
mewing so loudly we could hear him from our front door -- at least
30 feet away (in a rainstorm!)

Phat Kat was a GIANT severely obese neutered and front-declawed cat
who obviously abandoned.

So, our last 4 animal friends were all strays (well, not really our
mutts -- said affectionately.)

I do believe there can be a "reputable" breeder, assuming that
means that the critters get the BEST care and treatment possible.

Like the point you made though (I think it was you). The people on
here can be an arse sometimes quite possibly because they've been
burnt before. The same goes for breeders -- the majority of them
care about the money -- not the animal.

Hell, I think even a reputable breeder cares only about money -- or
they just want "designer" purebred animals.

Nothing against ANYONE wanting a purebred!! I just won't own one
or allow my money to be spent in acquiring one.

(Sorry if I rambled that too much -- NO OFFENSE.)

> not believe such a thing exists. That one *really* spun up my
> vet. I mentioned the english bull dog couple across the street
> and how they breed them (3 litters after checking carefully to
> be sure a 3rd was ok with the vet, then she got spayed). Nice

Which brings me to this point. I think a litter is OK if you are
madly in love with your animal and want to take care of its
offspring. Perhaps sharing the family pet with the rest of the
family?

I don't know... it's not cut and dry for me I guess. (AKA I'm
failing at properly explaining this?) : P

<snip>

> Well, I mentioned them and the fur started flying! Now, you
> have to put together that my vet is also their vet (a good
> place, nearest one to us both as well).

You can please some of the people all the time and all of them some
of the time -- something like that right? : P

<snip>

> He is! When Cash sashay's by, dog lovers just start smiling.
> First glance, 'aww! What a cute Beagle! Second glance, my GHOD
> what a Huge muscular cute waggy tailed beagle!'

Hehehehe. Just imagining your puppy sashaying has me smiling.

> If I tell someone I have a 50 lb Beagle, they get confused and
> think I'm some maniac who over feeds. I learned to mention
> *mix* right up there first and that the vets best guess based on
> measurements is Bull Mastiff (who I believe get to 100 lbs or
> so?). Have to use a harness for him. His neck is so muscular,
> a regular collar woth work for walking.

Ugh, doesn't it get tiresome having to explain yourself!?

> Back to cats ;-)

I have the same problem -- daily. (Being on topic that is.)

>>> Now Daisy-cat? She needs a diet! We've been overfeeding her.
>>> She's not an overtly big boned cat and should be about 10-11
>>> lbs, but is at 14.2 today. Not too far out of standard, but
>>> not all that good for her either.

Phat Kat is still in the ~20lb. range. : | He's lost around ~
2lbs. in about six months I think.

<snip>

> Yes. Site back up now. Daisy would be between 'heavy' and
> 'overweight' but well under 'obese' from the pics.

From that chart, Phat Kat is a 6 from above but from the side every
bit of a 9! Also, because he refuses to exercise his weight loss
is becoming evident in the shape of baggy skin that sways back and
forth as he trots around. Makes me want to laugh and cry at the
same time.

Gabby is a 6 or 7 now because of how much he tries to "get it
before Phat Kat does." He used to be a 5 on the dot.

So free-feeding went out the door the moment Phat Kat got here.
Not a big deal. We're constantly adjusting.

<snip>

> Some folks are more suspicious, probably because they have been
> taken in before. I tend to take folks at face value and while
> sometimes I get proven wrong, it doesnt stop me from taking the
> next person at face value again.

Same here! I forgive normally quickly -- although I believe
someone specifically here took that as a chance to "learn" about me
and then betray my trust. No biggie. I know the deal now.

What's weird to me is that it is the Usenet that does this to us.
If this were a voice- or video-based medium, I think most here
would like me. Maybe not love me, but they'd see me and I believe
seeing someone's face can tell you more than what they are saying
anyway.

Take care!!

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

cshenk
September 7th 08, 12:22 AM
"-Lost" wrote
> "cshenk" >:

I renamed this one since we've strayed pretty far afield.

>> Snicker. Well, just dropped off Daisy and Cash for the vet to
>> work on. Both get dental, Cash gets snipped as well.

>> Cardiologist came out to walk him about a bit and smiled. Even
>> if we aren't perfect at ear cleanings, they are delighted at how
>> healthy they both are. Especially Cash who's 50.00 lbs on the
>> nose! PERFECT!
>
> Couldn't do that again if you tried.

Nope, but he's home now! Zonked! Plastic collar round long thing to keep
him from nibbling or licking the sore spot. It's so funny! He's got this
huge muscular neck so they had to use the really LARGE dog one and it cant
be cut down or it will split. He's so short comparitively to the collar,
that he was having trouble walking (besides being 1/2 out f it).

>> His coat is glossy, his eyes are bright, his belly slightly
>> concave with a natural waist dip when seen from above. I might
>> even dip into that dog echo just to crow a little (evil grin).

Right now his eyes are closed but when he opens them, glassy as expected.

> My spouse asked me something that I've no clue about (that he
> thought AFTER leaving the vet). The table thingie that is padded
> that also weighs them -- in the carrier with Puss Puss standing
> there it said 14.something. The spouse leans on it and it moved
> maybe .2-.3 pounds... ? How does that work?

Well, weight of his hand? Most carriers of any size weigh at least 4 lbs.
In Daisy's case they weighed it with her in it, then later when she was out,
the carrier and subtracted. She's got a medium sized dog carrier for her
'home away from home' (got one too small for Cash to fit into and she likes
it better than the cat one which is a little cramped).

>> Yes, she would have. Serum something probably. To help out,
>> 'systemic' means it was throughout much of the poor thing's
>> body. Possibly pockets of infection all through the abdomin
>> which matches how you described the little thing's pain. The
>> words 'septicemia' were probably used as well. Thats an
>> infection of the blood system.
>
> She didn't mention something specific about the stomach I don't
> think, but she did mention that the leg had to have been that way a
> LONG time she was just extremely puzzled as to why it would still
> be harboring such infection.

Sorry, by abdomin that time I meant lower section, intestines.

> Pfft, spell checker is the ONLY reason my posts aren't worse than
> what they are. ; )

I no longer worry about it. While I do not consider this a disability in my
case because it's overcome, you might be suprised to learn I have a fairly
high level of dyslexia. According to school records, I should never have
learned to read past at best 2nd grade level. I'm a very determined 'bitch'
when it comes to myself and overcoming things, and easy on others because I
can relate better than many.

>> can handle. Oh, keep your kitties indoors to reduce risk of dog
>> damage. It sounds like there might be some that aren't very cat
>> friendly near you.

> And yeah, there are TONS of dogs in the neighborhood. I recall as
> the spouse talked to the lady who claimed to know the cat's owners
> that every time the lady's pit bull barked, Puss Puss whipped his
> head around. In my (possibly overreacting) eyes, it was a "Oh,
> God, another dog!" look. Not a, "What was that?!" look. And he

Most outdoor (abandoned) cats get real leery of dogs fast and for good
reason.

> that, not sure exactly how he told me. Point is they had a dog
> they wanted to keep -- not a kitty they wanted to keep.

Then they had no business adopting a cat. Yes, I have a dog and a cat,
living in sin together ;-) but then my dog was raised with cats apparently
and my cat was raised with dogs apparently. Both were in foster places with
both cats and dogs (Daisy later moved to just one with only dogs as she's
not very accepting of a second adult cat though she will be nice with
kittens). Both noted for actively actually *playing* with the other.

Within 4 days they were wandering by one another peacefully and I think it
was about 2 weeks when Daisy started using Cash as a step stool, and only
days later when they started sleeping in sin.

She's snoozing now, nose to nose with her poor buddy.

I also know better than to just assume any dog and cat will co-habitate
peacefully without danger though usually if both are 'babies' when they meet
it will work out.

> Oh yes, I knew that! Sorry... I bounce back and forth between
> points and sounding "OK" or "Not OK" frequently. The spouse
> giggles at me because of how angry and excited I get when talking
> about something that angered me. The spouse says it sounds like
> I'm mad at them because I'll be screaming right at them.

Might I ask? I had a friend with Tourettes syndrome (more common in males i
believe) and he was like that.

>> Grin, never mention 'small reputable breeder' there! They do
>
> Not that I'm condemning ANYONE, but I do not agree with breeding at
> all. Only because of the valid points that this group has made on
> the subject. There are too many out there now.

True, but if you want to keep a breed alive, you have to realize there will
be a few pups needed.

> Phat Kat was a GIANT severely obese neutered and front-declawed cat
> who obviously abandoned.

Reminds me of Thom except he wasnt really obese, just a very BIG cat. 23lbs
and not particularily overweight by all that much.

> I do believe there can be a "reputable" breeder, assuming that
> means that the critters get the BEST care and treatment possible.
>
> Like the point you made though (I think it was you). The people on
> here can be an arse sometimes quite possibly because they've been
> burnt before. The same goes for breeders -- the majority of them
> care about the money -- not the animal.
>
> Hell, I think even a reputable breeder cares only about money -- or
> they just want "designer" purebred animals.
>
> Nothing against ANYONE wanting a purebred!! I just won't own one
> or allow my money to be spent in acquiring one.

I thought long and hard and almost got one of her last litter (advance
arrangements are made for the pups before breeding takes place so all have a
home with a few standbys incase she has a larger than normal number).

>> be sure a 3rd was ok with the vet, then she got spayed). Nice
>
> Which brings me to this point. I think a litter is OK if you are
> madly in love with your animal and want to take care of its
> offspring. Perhaps sharing the family pet with the rest of the
> family?

In her case, carefully selected homes nearby for most of them. There are 10
or so in our near area, all her get (all properly neutered including her
last litter now).

>> Well, I mentioned them and the fur started flying! Now, you
>> have to put together that my vet is also their vet (a good
>> place, nearest one to us both as well).
>
> You can please some of the people all the time and all of them some
> of the time -- something like that right? : P

Yup.

>> He is! When Cash sashay's by, dog lovers just start smiling.
>> First glance, 'aww! What a cute Beagle! Second glance, my GHOD
>> what a Huge muscular cute waggy tailed beagle!'
>
> Hehehehe. Just imagining your puppy sashaying has me smiling.

Hehehe 50 lbs worth of sassy sashay!

>> If I tell someone I have a 50 lb Beagle, they get confused and
>> think I'm some maniac who over feeds. I learned to mention
>> *mix* right up there first and that the vets best guess based on
>> measurements is Bull Mastiff (who I believe get to 100 lbs or
>> so?). Have to use a harness for him. His neck is so muscular,
>> a regular collar woth work for walking.
>
> Ugh, doesn't it get tiresome having to explain yourself!?

Well, if i just say 'mix' then later they ask what he looks like, they get
equally confused when I say Beagle.

It's like how to describe Daisy? Medium fur white cat with green eyes and
roughly the build of a himalayan. Breed indeterminant.

> Phat Kat is still in the ~20lb. range. : | He's lost around ~
> 2lbs. in about six months I think.

Thats a good ration to maintain loss at it seems but try to not let him lose
faster.

> If this were a voice- or video-based medium, I think most here
> would like me. Maybe not love me, but they'd see me and I believe
> seeing someone's face can tell you more than what they are saying
> anyway.

Thats exactly it, and some take that 'hide behind the screens' and act up
quite a bit. You learn to ignore it like I do.

BTW, my name is Carol

CatNipped[_2_]
September 9th 08, 09:19 PM
"-Lost" > wrote in message
...
> Response to "CatNipped" >:
>
>> I'm coming around to the opinion that she's elaborately trolling
>> the group. Have you ever googled her? She's a bit more than she
>> portrays herself to be here.
>
> It figures you'd jump back on the bandwagon. And you're probably
> referring to the other half (DH as you call it). He's the IT student
> and programmer person in the family.
>
> Thanks though.

Oh not just that, sweetie. Also the sudden clarity and acuity when talking
technical photography - other stuff.

I've put up with your dramatics in the past, even aided and abetted just to
be on the safe side. Now, however, you're getting to sound more than a
little trollish.

You keep talking about how you drink, and then about your mental handicaps -
might one be proliferating the other?

Honestly, I've seen enough of your posts to know you're very intelligent and
you have more common sense than you've chosen to display lately - again,
signs of an elaborate troll (which, if that's what's you're doing, then more
power to you, just don't try to kid a kidder, doll!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

>
> --
> -Lost
> Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
> kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 9th 08, 09:52 PM
Response to "CatNipped" >:

>>> I'm coming around to the opinion that she's elaborately
>>> trolling the group. Have you ever googled her? She's a bit
>>> more than she portrays herself to be here.
>>
>> It figures you'd jump back on the bandwagon. And you're
>> probably referring to the other half (DH as you call it). He's
>> the IT student and programmer person in the family.
>>
>> Thanks though.
>
> Oh not just that, sweetie. Also the sudden clarity and acuity
> when talking technical photography - other stuff.

You mean the mood swings? The having "DH" type some of my
responses for me? I'm terribly sorry that I sound like an idiot to
you one day and not an idiot the other.

Or is it that I do not know terribly much about kitties but learned
an itty-bit about photography. (Which I don't know much at all, so
it's funny to me you say that.)

> I've put up with your dramatics in the past, even aided and
> abetted just to be on the safe side. Now, however, you're
> getting to sound more than a little trollish.

Where exactly did I go wrong this time though? Didn't you tell me
to come here and ask for help in collecting funds for transporting
Gabby to another home once?

All I thought of when I found Puss Puss was the spouse is NOT going
to allow this kitty to stay here. Explore all routes.

In my (probably incorrect as usual) opinion, it cements how useless
you and the rest* of this group is at times.

* Some not all...

> You keep talking about how you drink, and then about your mental
> handicaps - might one be proliferating the other?

I haven't drank since cybercat asked why I drink so much. And yes,
they do not complement each other. Tell me Ms. Dramatic, when did
I last talk about it? "You keep talking about how much you
drink...", um, I think I've mentioned it here 2-3 times, amazingly
during a bad week for us several days straight... am I mistaken?
If so, I apologize, but I don't think I am.

However I've never behaved poorly in here from drinking (I think).
Usually I'm the talkative overly crying type.

> Honestly, I've seen enough of your posts to know you're very
> intelligent and you have more common sense than you've chosen to
> display lately - again, signs of an elaborate troll (which, if
> that's what's you're doing, then more power to you, just don't
> try to kid a kidder, doll!).

I've never said I was a completely mentally retarded -- only that
sometimes I may sound like a complete idiot.

But I'll tell you like you told me, I cannot make you believe what
you don't want to. The last time we spoke I chose to drop
EVERYTHING I had ever said to you out of respect -- you know, when
you decided to then take private e-mail into the group -- you know,
when your cyber-pal cybercat first called me a "stupid bitch" for
ignoring you. Whereas I didn't have the words to say something
that wouldn't sound trollish.

I try to make it evident in my posts how much respect I had for you
(I think I harbor a little still), but dammit, you were the first
to make me think you were my friend, you were the first to call me
a troll because YOU misunderstood my leap-from-point-to-point
ramblings, YOU were the first to make me feel like ****e both via
e-mail and here, you were the first to play games with the sole
purpose of "gathering intel" with your rabid Googlings.

I attempted to limit my postings until I really had something to
say. Remember cybercat telling me not to post stories about
something bad that happened (I forgot what it was that I posted
about) and I stopped. All the while I watched you post random
YouTubes, pictures, stories, and all kinds of ****e. Does that
make you a troll?! I don't even fully understand the troll
concept. Posting all the time about my kitty was a troll --
staying shut up for a while was a troll.

Screw it, I'm rambling again... oops... or is it trolling?

P.S. Actually, as a side note... I think you're a bigot who cannot
forgive and forget. You said you did but all the while you were
just waiting to leap on the "you're a troll" train again. You
never were my friend which makes you a complete liar. But you said
it best... you're a kidder.

I'm sorry I ever upset you, and I'm sorry I ever met you. All the
best to you, DH, Samazon, Demi, Ozzie, & Archer.

Take care. : |

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.

-Lost
September 9th 08, 10:00 PM
Response to "-Lost" >:

>> Oh not just that, sweetie. Also the sudden clarity and acuity
>> when talking technical photography - other stuff.
>
> You mean the mood swings?

I thought about this and it sounded dumb. I'm not sure of the
wording but I have ups and downs. That's about all I can say.
Moments of clarity and moments of non-clarity.

You're so medically educated -- check into frontal-lobe damage and
see what you come up with for a better understanding.

--
-Lost
Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am
kidding. No I am not.