PDA

View Full Version : Argh!!! I lost the net for almost 24 hours. OT rant.

tanadashoes
September 5th 08, 05:35 PM
We get our internet access through Time Warner cable, using Earthlink as our
server, right? Anyway about 2 pm yesterday, my internet went out. I
checked with Time Warner and found out that we had a "local outage" for all
the services offered. Repair time estimated to be 90 minutes. ACK!!! I
was in the middle of reading RPCA.

Checked two hours later, repair time still estimated to be 90 minutes.
Later was told 12:45 pm. Finally got back online at around noon today. I'm
not amused.

Anyway, Pine Cone has been bugging me to write a story for him. MCG loves
getting her back massaged. Tanada has expressed her opinion of the diet cat
food several times. Rob has been averaging three cats snuggled against him
at a time. He sleeps a lot, this is perfect for the owners as they can take
better care of him.

Hanna is expected to make land fall tomorrow morning. We're supposed to get
high rains and wind. Mandy and Rob put away all the loose items they could
find outside while I moved vehicles closer to the house and swept debris off
the porches and made sure that the outside owners have food. I'm worried
about how they will do in the storm, but figure that there is space under
the wheelchair ramp in the back yard and I'm sure that they know it, as I
see them in the back yard on occasion. Right now there is a two inch (four
inch if you include her legs) long yellow and black spider outside my window
resting at the moment, but earlier trying frantically to make a web of sorts
between the kitty gaol and the bush outside of it. It is a beautiful insect
in a creepy sort of way. I'm fascinated.

Pam S. Sending good wishes and purrs to those in the line of the storms

polonca12000
September 14th 08, 10:26 PM
tanadashoes wrote:
> We get our internet access through Time Warner cable, using Earthlink as our
> server, right? Anyway about 2 pm yesterday, my internet went out. I
> checked with Time Warner and found out that we had a "local outage" for all
> the services offered. Repair time estimated to be 90 minutes. ACK!!! I
> was in the middle of reading RPCA.
>
> Checked two hours later, repair time still estimated to be 90 minutes.
> Later was told 12:45 pm. Finally got back online at around noon today. I'm
> not amused.
>
> Anyway, Pine Cone has been bugging me to write a story for him. MCG loves
> getting her back massaged. Tanada has expressed her opinion of the diet cat
> food several times. Rob has been averaging three cats snuggled against him
> at a time. He sleeps a lot, this is perfect for the owners as they can take
> better care of him.
>
> Hanna is expected to make land fall tomorrow morning. <snip>
> Pam S. Sending good wishes and purrs to those in the line of the storms

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek