PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Marble and Dr. Hernandez

Charleen Welton
September 5th 08, 10:11 PM
I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic for
UTI.

Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on Sub Q
and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from vomiting. She
has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she has developed
Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma. She is
resting comfortably.

Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours. Dr.
H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H. will take
another blood test in the morning and call me with the results. We will
make a plan based on those results.
Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
how she likes it.

Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
her to be better soon.

Adrian[_2_]
September 5th 08, 10:15 PM
Charleen Welton wrote:
> I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two
> weeks she has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly
> stopped grooming her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she
> started lying on her side stretched out full body length in the hall
> way and on the kitchen floor, strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a
> bit more every day, still peeing outside the box and on
> rugs in every room while on the antibiotic for UTI.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie
> on Sub Q and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from
> vomiting. She has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And
> that she has developed Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo
> shots to treat the asthma. She is resting comfortably.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an
> other blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four
> hours. Dr. H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying
> overnight. Dr. H. will take another blood test in the morning and
> call me with the results. We will make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself,
> which is how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but
> wants her to be better soon.

Purrs for Aggie Marble.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Charleen Welton > wrote:

> I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning...

I hope she'll be OK, and that the diabetes clears up soon.

Purrs,
--
Joyce ^..^

Granby
September 5th 08, 11:18 PM
All kinds of purrs and prayers for you and your Aggie.
"Charleen Welton" > wrote in message
ng.com...
>I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
>has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
>her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
>stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
>strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
>peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic
>for UTI.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on Sub
> Q and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from vomiting.
> She has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she has
> developed Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the
> asthma. She is resting comfortably.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours.
> Dr. H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H.
> will take another blood test in the morning and call me with the results.
> We will make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
> how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
> her to be better soon.

tanadashoes
September 5th 08, 11:34 PM
"Charleen Welton" > wrote in message
ng.com...

> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours.
> Dr. H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H.
> will take another blood test in the morning and call me with the results.
> We will make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
> how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
> her to be better soon.

I'm so sorry Charleen. It is lonely and terrifying when a beloved family
member is gone for any length of time, but especially when they are at TEDs.
I'll ask the owners to purr for you all and am sending my best thoughts and
wishes for you, David, Victor Velcro, Aggie Marble and the little
terrorists.

Pam S.

Kreisleriana[_3_]
September 6th 08, 12:35 AM
"Charleen Welton" > wrote in message
ng.com...
>I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
>has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
>her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
>stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
>strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
>peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic
>for UTI.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on Sub
> Q and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from vomiting.
> She has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she has
> developed Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the
> asthma. She is resting comfortably.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours.
> Dr. H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H.
> will take another blood test in the morning and call me with the results.
> We will make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
> how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
> her to be better soon.

Purrs for her to get well soon.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Kyla =^..^=[_4_]
September 6th 08, 01:01 AM
Purrs and prayers for Aggie Marble for the best outcome,
and a loving HUG for you having to deal with all of this.
Please keep us posted on her progress.
Love
Kyla
>>I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks
>>she has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped
>>grooming her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on
>>her side stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen
>>floor, strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day,
>>still peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the
>>antibiotic for UTI.
>>
>> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on
>> Sub Q and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from
>> vomiting. She has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she
>> has developed Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat
>> the asthma. She is resting comfortably.
>>
>> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
>> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours.
>> Dr. H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H.
>> will take another blood test in the morning and call me with the results.
>> We will make a plan based on those results.
>> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
>> how she likes it.
>>
>> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
>> her to be better soon.

Irulan
September 6th 08, 01:54 AM
aw, we will purr and pray that Aggie starts
feeling and getting much better soon. Please
keep us updated.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Wayne Mitchell
September 6th 08, 03:55 AM
"Charleen Welton" > wrote:

>she has developed
>Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma.

Often, once the prednisolone is discontinued, the diabetes goes into
remission. Looks like it might be time to move Aggie to inhaled therapy
for her asthma. I can recommend it enthusiastically -- Will has been on
inhaled meds for more than three years.

I know Aggie's preference for hanging out under the bed. Do you think
you could get hold of her twice daily for puffs? For most cats, they're
easier to administer than pills.

If you think it's a possibility, check out Fritz the Brave's web site
for an introduction to the inhaled medications, and then join us on the
Feline Asthma Inhaled Meds group.

http://www.fritzthebrave.com/

[On a side note: For those who know who Fritz is and have not heard,
Kathryn and James lost him to cardiomyopathy this summer.]
--

Wayne M.

Marina
September 6th 08, 04:41 AM
Charleen Welton wrote:
> I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
> has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
> her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
> stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
> strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
> peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic for
> UTI.

Poor Miss Aggie! Many purrs on the way for her.

Marina
September 6th 08, 04:44 AM
Wayne Mitchell wrote:

> [On a side note: For those who know who Fritz is and have not heard,
> Kathryn and James lost him to cardiomyopathy this summer.]

Oh, I'm so sorry. Purrs for their broken hearts.

Rhonda[_3_]
September 6th 08, 06:12 AM
Charleen,

I'm so sorry to hear about Aggie Marble. Darn it, I hate those steroids
for cats. It only took one shot for Bob, our beautiful Maine Coon, to
get full-fledged diabetes. We have pledged to never let steroids near
our current kitties.

How does the vet know this is transient? I hope she's right but that was
not how it went for us.

Don't hesitate to ask for a referral to a internist vet if she needs
help getting the diabetes under control. After six months and swinging
numbers, we took Bob to one. She was great -- understood diabetes inside
and out.

Good luck, hope things are under control soon.

Rhonda

Charleen Welton wrote:
> I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
> has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
> her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
> stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
> strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
> peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic for
> UTI.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on Sub Q
> and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from vomiting. She
> has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she has developed
> Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma. She is
> resting comfortably.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours. Dr.
> H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H. will take
> another blood test in the morning and call me with the results. We will
> make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
> how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
> her to be better soon.

September 6th 08, 08:11 AM
Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma.
*She is
> resting comfortably.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours. *Dr.
> H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. *Dr. H. will take
> another blood test in the morning and call me with the results. *We will
> make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
> how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
> her to be better soon.

We're sending many purrs and prayers for your little girl to be on the
mend very soon. If she does end up on insulin, cats can still live
very long happy lives. I currently have 2 diabetic cats that I am
petsitting for, Izabella, a fiesty 14 year old calico girl, who has
been on insulin for 4 years and is a quirky, well, calico ;o). And
then there's Colombo a *huge* tabby and white British short hair x
Alley cat. (Mum liked a bit of rough, apparently). He was named after
the detective as a small kitten because he used to go out of his
catflap, then pop straight back in as if to say, "Oh, just one more
thing..." in the same way Colombo the dectective goes out of the room
and then comes back in straight away and says "one more thing"... He's
lovely, and has been on insulin for the past 3 years.

Anyway, purrs and prayers very much en-route.

Helen M

Granby
September 6th 08, 09:10 AM
I hear more and more about the side effects of steroid shot for people and
animals. Hope I don't even have to make that decision for my three.
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Charleen,
>
> I'm so sorry to hear about Aggie Marble. Darn it, I hate those steroids
> for cats. It only took one shot for Bob, our beautiful Maine Coon, to get
> full-fledged diabetes. We have pledged to never let steroids near our
> current kitties.
>
> How does the vet know this is transient? I hope she's right but that was
> not how it went for us.
>
> Don't hesitate to ask for a referral to a internist vet if she needs help
> getting the diabetes under control. After six months and swinging numbers,
> we took Bob to one. She was great -- understood diabetes inside and out.
>
> Good luck, hope things are under control soon.
>
> Rhonda
>
> Charleen Welton wrote:
>> I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks
>> she has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped
>> grooming her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on
>> her side stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the
>> kitchen floor, strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more
>> every day, still peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while
>> on the antibiotic for UTI.
>>
>> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on
>> Sub Q and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from
>> vomiting. She has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that
>> she has developed Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to
>> treat the asthma. She is resting comfortably.
>>
>> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
>> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours.
>> Dr. H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H.
>> will take another blood test in the morning and call me with the results.
>> We will make a plan based on those results.
>> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
>> how she likes it.
>>
>> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
>> her to be better soon.

Sam
September 7th 08, 10:49 PM
Charleen Welton wrote:
> I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
> has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
> her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
> stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
> strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
> peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic for
> UTI.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on Sub Q
> and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from vomiting. She
> has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she has developed
> Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma. She is
> resting comfortably.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours. Dr.
> H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H. will take
> another blood test in the morning and call me with the results. We will
> make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
> how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
> her to be better soon.

Late in seeing this but purrs on the way for Aggie Marble.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

polonca12000
September 14th 08, 10:28 PM
Charleen Welton wrote:
> I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
> has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
> her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
> stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
> strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
> peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic for
> UTI.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on Sub Q
> and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from vomiting. She
> has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she has developed
> Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma. She is
> resting comfortably.
>
> Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
> blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours. Dr.
> H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H. will take
> another blood test in the morning and call me with the results. We will
> make a plan based on those results.
> Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
> how she likes it.
>
> Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
> her to be better soon.

Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek