PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Nursing Cat

Kyla =^..^=[_4_]
September 6th 08, 12:51 AM
When Sqweex (age 5) got spayed 2 years ago, she was still nursing Pipps, who
was spayed at the same time, (age then 6 months) and Sqweex is still
making 'milk', sometimes.
I asked TED about that, and he said it was normal, and it will go away..
So Pipps ( now age 3) is still 'nursing' every once in awhile.
They both eat, both canned and dry food, get their treats,
They're both healthy otherwise, use the litterbox,
play, love their nip, and act 'normal', but 'this' is wierd.
Suggestions or comments?

Kyla

Victor Martinez
September 6th 08, 01:38 PM
Kyla =^..^= wrote:
> So Pipps ( now age 3) is still 'nursing' every once in awhile.

Issa (7 years old) still "nurses" from his brother every so often. :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Kreisleriana[_3_]
September 6th 08, 02:01 PM
"Kyla =^..^=" > wrote in message
. ..
> When Sqweex (age 5) got spayed 2 years ago, she was still nursing Pipps,
> who was spayed at the same time, (age then 6 months) and Sqweex is still
> making 'milk', sometimes.
> I asked TED about that, and he said it was normal, and it will go away..
> So Pipps ( now age 3) is still 'nursing' every once in awhile.
> They both eat, both canned and dry food, get their treats,
> They're both healthy otherwise, use the litterbox,
> play, love their nip, and act 'normal', but 'this' is wierd.
> Suggestions or comments?

Pipps trying to nurse is pretty normal-- and nothing to worry about, unless
it annoys the bejeezus out of someone. But are you serious that Sqweex is
still producing milk after being spayed for two years? That seems unusual.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Adrian[_2_]
September 6th 08, 02:14 PM
Victor Martinez wrote:
> Kyla =^..^= wrote:
>> So Pipps ( now age 3) is still 'nursing' every once in awhile.
>
> Issa (7 years old) still "nurses" from his brother every so often. :)

Is he trying to copy daddy? ;o)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Victor Martinez
September 6th 08, 04:50 PM
Adrian wrote:
> Is he trying to copy daddy? ;o)

You're a very naughty boy... :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
September 7th 08, 06:56 AM
"Victor Martinez">
Adrian wrote:
>> Is he trying to copy daddy? ;o)
>
> You're a very naughty boy... :)

And you're both very silly :)
Kyla

> --
> Victor M. Martinez
> Owned and operated by the Fantastic Seven (TM)
> Send your spam here:
> Email me here:

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
September 7th 08, 07:07 AM
"Kreisleriana" >
> "Kyla =^..^="
>> When Sqweex (age 5) got spayed 2 years ago, she was still nursing Pipps,
>> who was spayed at the same time, (age then 6 months) and Sqweex is
>> still making 'milk', sometimes.
>> I asked TED about that, and he said it was normal, and it will go away..
>> So Pipps ( now age 3) is still 'nursing' every once in awhile.
>> They both eat, both canned and dry food, get their treats,
>> They're both healthy otherwise, use the litterbox,
>> play, love their nip, and act 'normal', but 'this' is wierd.
>> Suggestions or comments?
>>

> Pipps trying to nurse is pretty normal-- and nothing to worry about,
> unless it annoys the bejeezus out of someone.

Doesn't bother me or DH. Maybe it's a bonding thing since
she was the only survivor of the 3 bitties born.

> But are you serious that Sqweex is still producing milk after being
> spayed for two years? That seems unusual.

No, I'm not sure Sqweex is still producing milk.
Her fuzzy tummy never feels wet.
If Pipps is still nursing at age 10, then I'll start to worry ;)
Thanks
Kyla

> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Kyla =^..^=[_2_]
September 9th 08, 03:24 AM
"Kyla =^..^=" ...

> "Kreisleriana" >
>> "Kyla =^..^="
>>> When Sqweex (age 5) got spayed 2 years ago, she was still nursing Pipps,
>>> who was spayed at the same time, (age then 6 months) and Sqweex is
>>> still making 'milk', sometimes.
>>> I asked TED about that, and he said it was normal, and it will go away..
>>> So Pipps ( now age 3) is still 'nursing' every once in awhile.
>>> They both eat, both canned and dry food, get their treats,
>>> They're both healthy otherwise, use the litterbox,
>>> play, love their nip, and act 'normal', but 'this' is wierd.
>>> Suggestions or comments?
>>>

>> Pipps trying to nurse is pretty normal-- and nothing to worry about,
>> unless it annoys the bejeezus out of someone.
>
> Doesn't bother me or DH. Maybe it's a bonding thing since
> she was the only survivor of the 3 bitties born.
>
>> But are you serious that Sqweex is still producing milk after being
>> spayed for two years? That seems unusual.
>
> No, I'm not sure Sqweex is still producing milk.
> Her fuzzy tummy never feels wet.

I checked Sqweex tummy and she has no milk and I couldn't feel her teats,
so I think it's just a bonding thing with her daughter :)
Kyla