PDA

View Full Version : drive-by picture posting

Lynne
September 9th 08, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone! I hope you are well. I just thought I'd stop in a post a
picture of Levi, the little kitten who once swallowed a latex teat.
He's finally recovered from his recent adventures with crystals and is
back to being my happy, sweet little boy again. He is 2 years old now
and STILL tries to suckle on my lip at every opportunity!

http://www.fototime.com/B8DF928D275C085/orig.jpg

Matthew[_3_]
September 9th 08, 05:44 PM
such a beautiful master
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Hey everyone! I hope you are well. I just thought I'd stop in a post a
> picture of Levi, the little kitten who once swallowed a latex teat. He's
> finally recovered from his recent adventures with crystals and is back to
> being my happy, sweet little boy again. He is 2 years old now and STILL
> tries to suckle on my lip at every opportunity!
>
> http://www.fototime.com/B8DF928D275C085/orig.jpg

Lynne
September 9th 08, 06:01 PM
Matthew wrote:
> such a beautiful master

I think so! Someone here (Cybercat?) once described him as "plush" and
he soooooo lives up to that.

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Hey everyone! I hope you are well. I just thought I'd stop in a post a
> picture of Levi, the little kitten who once swallowed a latex teat. He's
> finally recovered from his recent adventures with crystals and is back to
> being my happy, sweet little boy again. He is 2 years old now and STILL
> tries to suckle on my lip at every opportunity!
>
> http://www.fototime.com/B8DF928D275C085/orig.jpg

Oh now that is not a handsome, spoiled boy at all. Noooooo. :D YAY levi!
Lynne, you may have to walk around with a lip hickey, but that is a small
price to pay for such love! Thanks for giving us an update.

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Matthew wrote:
>> such a beautiful master
>
> I think so! Someone here (Cybercat?) once described him as "plush" and he
> soooooo lives up to that.

Well, I'll tell you, that big boy could suck on my lip any time. :)

Lynne
September 9th 08, 09:53 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Oh now that is not a handsome, spoiled boy at all. Noooooo. :D YAY levi!
> Lynne, you may have to walk around with a lip hickey, but that is a small
> price to pay for such love! Thanks for giving us an update.

You are so sweet. I thought you might appreciate an update. Thanks for
the kind words.

I am soooooo lucky to have this guy!

Lynne
September 9th 08, 09:55 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Well, I'll tell you, that big boy could suck on my lip any time. :)

He'd love some fresh lip for sucking!! He's pretty shy, but I'm sure he
would warm right up to you, Cyber, and suck that lip of yours like it's
never been sucked before!

He reaches out and grabs me if I walk by him without stopping, hehe.
How dare I, huh?

Outsider
September 9th 08, 10:58 PM
Lynne > wrote in
m:

> Hey everyone! I hope you are well. I just thought I'd stop in a post a
> picture of Levi, the little kitten who once swallowed a latex teat.
> He's finally recovered from his recent adventures with crystals and is
> back to being my happy, sweet little boy again. He is 2 years old now
> and STILL tries to suckle on my lip at every opportunity!
>
> http://www.fototime.com/B8DF928D275C085/orig.jpg

Oh, that sweet innocent thing couldn't get into any trouble. :)

Lynne
September 9th 08, 10:59 PM
outsider wrote:

> Oh, that sweet innocent thing couldn't get into any trouble. :)

Hey! I'm not getting any younger and you just made me choke from
laughing too hard!!

"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> Well, I'll tell you, that big boy could suck on my lip any time. :)
>
> He'd love some fresh lip for sucking!! He's pretty shy, but I'm sure he
> would warm right up to you, Cyber, and suck that lip of yours like it's
> never been sucked before!

: D !!!

> He reaches out and grabs me if I walk by him without stopping, hehe. How
> dare I, huh?

Precious. If we get Boo all worked up into a good purr, then try to stop
petting her, she slaps at us, but to get us to stay. :) She also hisses if
she is comfortable on a lap and the lap owner moves. No sense of
entitlement there. :)

Lynne
September 10th 08, 01:06 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Precious. If we get Boo all worked up into a good purr, then try to stop
> petting her, she slaps at us, but to get us to stay. :) She also hisses if
> she is comfortable on a lap and the lap owner moves. No sense of
> entitlement there. :)

She's just reinforcing your training :-)

Jean B.
September 10th 08, 01:54 AM
Lynne wrote:
> Hey everyone! I hope you are well. I just thought I'd stop in a post a
> picture of Levi, the little kitten who once swallowed a latex teat. He's
> finally recovered from his recent adventures with crystals and is back
> to being my happy, sweet little boy again. He is 2 years old now and
> STILL tries to suckle on my lip at every opportunity!
>
> http://www.fototime.com/B8DF928D275C085/orig.jpg

Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(

--
Jean B.

Lynne
September 10th 08, 12:52 PM
Jean B. wrote:

> Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(

Yeah, bladder crystals. Levi has FHV and stress negatively impacts his
health. After having some work done on the house over several weeks, he
started straining to pee. I rushed him to the emergency hospital, and
thankfully he was not blocked, but we had some trouble getting him back
in balance. He's all better now!! :-)

-Lost
September 10th 08, 11:19 PM
Response to Lynne >:

>> Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(
>
> Yeah, bladder crystals. Levi has FHV and stress negatively
> impacts his health. After having some work done on the house
> over several weeks, he started straining to pee. I rushed him
> to the emergency hospital, and thankfully he was not blocked,
> but we had some trouble getting him back in balance. He's all
> better now!! :-)

I hope this doesn't sound too stupid... but how did you notice he was
having troubles? I mean, is the litter box visible to you? Did he
vocalize discomfort?

Now, stick out that lip. ; )

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Cheryl[_4_]
September 11th 08, 02:03 AM
Lynne >:

>>> Awwwww/ But crystals? :-(
>>
>> Yeah, bladder crystals. Levi has FHV and stress negatively
>> impacts his health. After having some work done on the house
>> over several weeks, he started straining to pee. I rushed him
>> to the emergency hospital, and thankfully he was not blocked,
>> but we had some trouble getting him back in balance. He's all
>> better now!! :-)

Now I see why I missed your post before. I block all gmail.com due to spam.

He is so pretty. Thanks for sending the pics!

Cheryl

Stampir
September 11th 08, 02:58 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> Matthew wrote:
>> such a beautiful master
>
> I think so! Someone here (Cybercat?) once described him as "plush" and he
> soooooo lives up to that.

He definitely has a plush coat. Quite beautiful actually.

Outsider
September 11th 08, 03:02 PM
Lynne > wrote in
m:

> outsider wrote:
>>
>> Oh, that sweet innocent thing couldn't get into any trouble. :)
>>

> Hey! I'm not getting any younger and you just made me choke from
> laughing too hard!!

oopse! :)

Lynne
September 11th 08, 04:16 PM
-Lost wrote:

> I hope this doesn't sound too stupid... but how did you notice he was
> having troubles? I mean, is the litter box visible to you? Did he
> vocalize discomfort?

Oh, not stupid! I totally noticed, and I credit my recognition of what
was happening with posts I have read on this very newsgroup! And I am
soooo grateful. With male cats especially (since males are more likely
to have urinary tract problems), it's pretty important IMO to observe
their litter box habits. If they strain to pee, even just a little,
something is definitely up. Another symptom cats may exhibit when they
have problems is urinating (or trying to urinate) outside of the litter
box, because they start to associate the box with pain. If they develop
a blockage, surgery becomes a requirement. Left untreated, the
situation can become life threatening (someone please correct me if I am
wrong).

For Levi, when the workmen were here, he was mostly using the litter box
in the basement. He normally likes to use the box in the master
bathroom when I am on my "throne." I don't know how long he was having
problems, but one night I saw that he was straining to urinate. It was
horrible to watch, the poor little guy. After he strained for a bit, he
didn't pass any urine as far as I could tell. I was sure he was
blocked. I was beside myself with worry, and took him to the emergency
vet even though I have a wondeful vet who was open at the time!
Thankfully he wasn't blocked, but I wasn't taking any chances. It took
a couple of months to get him cleared up as his pH went all over the
place with the dietary changes.

The most important advice I can give you is to feed only wet food (every
12 hours) and have an uncovered litter box someplace where you can
observe potty habits and detect any problems ASAP.

> Now, stick out that lip. ; )

:::snicker:::

Lynne
September 11th 08, 04:17 PM
Stampir wrote:

> He definitely has a plush coat. Quite beautiful actually.

Thank you. :-)

His beauty never ceases to amaze me.

Stampir
September 11th 08, 08:28 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
> Stampir wrote:
>>
>> He definitely has a plush coat. Quite beautiful actually.
> Thank you. :-)
>
> His beauty never ceases to amaze me.

I should've of said handsome! He's a handsome
boy!

-Lost
September 11th 08, 10:56 PM
Response to Lynne >:

> -Lost wrote:
>>
>> I hope this doesn't sound too stupid... but how did you notice
>> he was having troubles? I mean, is the litter box visible to
>> you? Did he vocalize discomfort?
>
> Oh, not stupid! I totally noticed, and I credit my recognition
> of what was happening with posts I have read on this very
> newsgroup! And I am soooo grateful. With male cats especially
> (since males are more likely to have urinary tract problems),
> it's pretty important IMO to observe their litter box habits.
> If they strain to pee, even just a little, something is
> definitely up. Another symptom cats may exhibit when they have
> problems is urinating (or trying to urinate) outside of the
> litter box, because they start to associate the box with pain.
> If they develop a blockage, surgery becomes a requirement. Left
> untreated, the situation can become life threatening (someone
> please correct me if I am wrong).
>
> For Levi, when the workmen were here, he was mostly using the
> litter box in the basement. He normally likes to use the box in
> the master bathroom when I am on my "throne." I don't know how
> long he was having problems, but one night I saw that he was
> straining to urinate. It was horrible to watch, the poor little
> guy. After he strained for a bit, he didn't pass any urine as
> far as I could tell. I was sure he was blocked. I was beside
> myself with worry, and took him to the emergency vet even though
> I have a wondeful vet who was open at the time! Thankfully he
> wasn't blocked, but I wasn't taking any chances. It took a
> couple of months to get him cleared up as his pH went all over
> the place with the dietary changes.
>
> The most important advice I can give you is to feed only wet
> food (every 12 hours) and have an uncovered litter box someplace
> where you can observe potty habits and detect any problems ASAP.

Thanks for this information!

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.