PDA

View Full Version : Feline Halitosis

September 18th 08, 05:08 PM
My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?

> wrote in message
> My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?

A vet visit. See how easy that was!

MLB
> My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?

Have TED check her teeth then a good checkup.MLB

September 18th 08, 06:44 PM
On Sep 18, 1:29*pm, MLB > wrote:
> wrote:
> > My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?
>
> Have TED check her teeth then a good checkup.MLB

Sorry, who's TED?

Bobblespin
September 18th 08, 06:45 PM
" > wrote in news:3b7f0a40-52f4-
:

> On Sep 18, 1:29*pm, MLB > wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Have TED check her teeth then a good checkup.MLB
>
> Sorry, who's TED?

The Evil Doctor (i.e. vet)

September 18th 08, 07:02 PM
On Sep 18, 1:45*pm, bobblespin > wrote:
> " > wrote in news:3b7f0a40-52f4-
> :

> >> Have TED check her teeth then a good checkup.MLB
>
> > Sorry, who's TED?
>
> The Evil Doctor (i.e. vet)

Thanks.

On a related note, it's hard to believe it could be her teeth because
I don't think she eats. I have tried her on two wet foods and at least
four dry ones and she hates everything. I think maybe she goes to the
cellar and eats spiders when I am at work.

I have really had about enough of her nonsense and am just about ready
to leave her one kind of food and she can eat it or starve. However,
cats being notoriously stubborn, I'm afraid she might actually choose
option B.

Any thoughts?

Bobblespin
September 18th 08, 07:09 PM
" > wrote in
:

> On Sep 18, 1:45*pm, bobblespin > wrote:
>> " > wrote in
> -
>> :

>> > Sorry, who's TED?
>>
>> The Evil Doctor (i.e. vet)
>
> Thanks.
>
> On a related note, it's hard to believe it could be her teeth because
> I don't think she eats. I have tried her on two wet foods and at least
> four dry ones and she hates everything. I think maybe she goes to the
> cellar and eats spiders when I am at work.
>
> I have really had about enough of her nonsense and am just about ready
> to leave her one kind of food and she can eat it or starve. However,
> cats being notoriously stubborn, I'm afraid she might actually choose
> option B.
>
> Any thoughts?

Maybe she's not eating because her teeth hurt, or she has tummy
problems. When mine developped stomach cancer, he stopped eating. I
think TED should take a look at her - she might be in pain.

Bobble

alanr
September 18th 08, 08:00 PM
We had a meowzer that had halitosis and then went off his food.
Turned out to be inflamed gums from Feline AIDS.
Sad ending for a really cool cat. He was 9 y.o.
If yours is an indoor kitty then pretty much no worries.

> wrote in message
> On Sep 18, 1:45 pm, bobblespin > wrote:
>> " > wrote in
>> :

>> > Sorry, who's TED?
>>
>> The Evil Doctor (i.e. vet)
>
> Thanks.
>
> On a related note, it's hard to believe it could be her teeth because
> I don't think she eats. I have tried her on two wet foods and at least
> four dry ones and she hates everything. I think maybe she goes to the
> cellar and eats spiders when I am at work.
>
> I have really had about enough of her nonsense and am just about ready
> to leave her one kind of food and she can eat it or starve. However,
> cats being notoriously stubborn, I'm afraid she might actually choose
> option B.
>
> Any thoughts?

MLB
September 18th 08, 09:03 PM
bobblespin wrote:
> " > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Sep 18, 1:45 pm, bobblespin > wrote:
>>> " > wrote in
>> -
>>> :

>>> The Evil Doctor (i.e. vet)
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On a related note, it's hard to believe it could be her teeth because
>> I don't think she eats. I have tried her on two wet foods and at least
>> four dry ones and she hates everything. I think maybe she goes to the
>> cellar and eats spiders when I am at work.
>>
>> I have really had about enough of her nonsense and am just about ready
>> to leave her one kind of food and she can eat it or starve. However,
>> cats being notoriously stubborn, I'm afraid she might actually choose
>> option B.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

> Maybe she's not eating because her teeth hurt, or she has tummy
> problems. When mine developped stomach cancer, he stopped eating. I
> think TED should take a look at her - she might be in pain.
>
> Bobble

Follow Bob
s advice/ If she is not eating, something is wrong. If she eats
spiders, she may have eaten a poisonous one. Have you ever had a Vet
check her over? MLB

Phil P.
September 19th 08, 12:01 AM
> wrote in message
On Sep 18, 1:45 pm, bobblespin > wrote:
> " > wrote in news:3b7f0a40-52f4-
> :

> >> Have TED check her teeth then a good checkup.MLB
>
> > Sorry, who's TED?
>
> The Evil Doctor (i.e. vet)

Thanks.

On a related note, it's hard to believe it could be her teeth because
I don't think she eats. I have tried her on two wet foods and at least
four dry ones and she hates everything. I think maybe she goes to the
cellar and eats spiders when I am at work.

Bad breath and no appetite strongly suggests oral/dental pain. The gums have
a huge blood supply- an infection in the gums can quickly spread to internal
organs.

She needs to see a vet ASAP.

Phil

honeybunch
September 19th 08, 01:08 AM
On Sep 18, 12:08*pm, " >
wrote:
> My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?

If you can smell your cat's then you are too close to the cat. Ever
smell cat food. phew. especially Wellness dry cat food. It smells
like rotten fish.

September 19th 08, 03:58 PM
On Sep 18, 8:08*pm, honeybunch > wrote:
> On Sep 18, 12:08*pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?
>
> If you can smell your cat's then you are too close to the cat. *Ever
> smell cat food. phew. *especially Wellness dry cat food. *It smells
> like rotten fish.

Actually I notice her breath-smell on my fingers after she bites me.

My previous cat used to love Fancy Feast. I sometimes wondered what it
tasted like as it was about twice the price (by volume) of caviar.
Anybody tried it?

> wrote in message
On Sep 18, 8:08 pm, honeybunch > wrote:
> On Sep 18, 12:08 pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?
>
> If you can smell your cat's then you are too close to the cat. Ever
> smell cat food. phew. especially Wellness dry cat food. It smells
> like rotten fish.

>Actually I notice her breath-smell on my fingers after she bites me.

Your cat is not eating and her breath indicates that she is probably ill.
Stop ****ing around on Usenet and take her to the vet or take her to a
shelter where she has a chance at getting care. Asshole.

September 19th 08, 07:19 PM
On Sep 19, 12:26*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> On Sep 18, 8:08 pm, honeybunch > wrote:
>
> > On Sep 18, 12:08 pm, " >
> > wrote:
>
> > > My two-year old has bad breath. Any suggestions?
>
> > If you can smell your cat's then you are too close to the cat. Ever
> > smell cat food. phew. especially Wellness dry cat food. It smells
> > like rotten fish.
> >Actually I notice her breath-smell on my fingers after she bites me.
>
> Your cat is not eating and her breath indicates that she is probably ill.
> Stop ****ing around on Usenet and take her to the vet or take her to a
> shelter where she has a chance at getting care. Asshole.

It's a good thing God created house pets so that persons such as the
one who typed the above can have a friend in life.

jmc
September 19th 08, 09:39 PM
Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed (9/19/2008
2:19 PM):
> On Sep 19, 12:26 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>> On Sep 18, 8:08 pm, honeybunch > wrote:

>>> If you can smell your cat's then you are too close to the cat. Ever
>>> smell cat food. phew. especially Wellness dry cat food. It smells
>>> like rotten fish.
>>> Actually I notice her breath-smell on my fingers after she bites me.
>> Your cat is not eating and her breath indicates that she is probably ill.
>> Stop ****ing around on Usenet and take her to the vet or take her to a
>> shelter where she has a chance at getting care. Asshole.
>
> It's a good thing God created house pets so that persons such as the
> one who typed the above can have a friend in life.

Well, yea, she could have been nicer, but...

She's right. Have you made an appointment yet? Bad breath + low
appetite do point to some sort of mouth/tooth issue. You won't know
until she's seen the vet. If she gets a clean bill of health, come back
and let us know, I've been fighting this very thing for ages (not
eating), though it's just that my cat isn't overly fond of wet food, and
with cystitis wet food is a necessity.

But you really, really should take her to the vet ASAP to eliminate
physical causes for both problems. There is a possibly fatal condition
your cat could get from not eating - fatty lipidosis, I think it's
called. And yes, skinny cats can get it.

Good luck!

jmc

John Doe
August 13th 09, 02:06 AM
" > wrote:

> On Sep 19, 12:26*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

>> ...Asshole.
>
> It's a good thing God created house pets so that persons such as
> the one who typed the above can have a friend in life.

lol

And thanks to the Internet she can show her real personality.