PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT divebomb your sisfur!

Lesley
September 20th 08, 07:29 PM
Unka Tel popped round today- Dunzi loves Unka Tel so much he was
saying to her "You wanna come live with me?" and she was meeping
"Yes" (Sarsi was plainly thinking "gets the Hoomins to myself an' all
the food! Go for it sisfur")

Tel left and the next thing I hear is Dave saying "How the f**k did
she get up there?!"

Dunzi managed to launch herself one assumes from the bath onto the top
of the bathroom door, She often jumps on top of the living room door
but the bathroom door is a first!

After a couple of minutes Dave says to help her down. How? the
bathroom door just happens to be taller than me at best I can reach up
and if she drops her head give her a skritchie, which of course, I do
but to help her down I will need the stepladder. Since the reign of
terror instigated by the dreaded OT Julia (we've had a few more reigns
of terror since then we're currently in the reign of terror instigated
by Cecelia! Funny it was 2 years ago yesterday I carted Dave to
hospital- things aren't perfect but they are better than they were)
our stepladder (our flat is in a converted 1890's house we have very
high celings and a stepladder was the first essential purchase before
we could even move in) is in the bedroom and I will have to move loads
of things to get it out- never mind its awkward for one person to
carry through doors and Sarsi will be annoyed (Sarsi uses the
stepladder to get onto the top of our wardrobes where she likes to
sleep at night)

I try to reach up and grab her but she jumped onto the window ledge
(our doors have windows above them)

So I say to Dave leave her and if she's still stuck in half an hour
then I will open ham and if that doesn't get her down I will have to
get the stepladder ...

So Dunzi is stuck and I just know what went through her head :" Gotta
jump down....long way...hard floor and don't wanna end up where they
stick things were Sun don't shine...need something bit an' soft to
land on...Hold on! There's something big and soft down there!..Here
goes...one ..two,,,three...JUMP!"

Alas her idea of a big soft landing was Sarsi (she landed on her
before when she was chasing flies so maybe she has worked out her
sisfur counts as a soft landing!)

Sarsi was walking along the hallway and you can imagine she looked up
and thought "Dunzi looks small..bigger...bigger....bigger"

The resulting outraged squawk was pretty loud as Dunzi piledrived into
Sarsi sending her flying!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Jofirey
September 20th 08, 08:39 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
> Unka Tel popped round today- Dunzi loves Unka Tel so much he was
> saying to her "You wanna come live with me?" and she was meeping
> "Yes" (Sarsi was plainly thinking "gets the Hoomins to myself an'
> all
> the food! Go for it sisfur")
>
> Tel left and the next thing I hear is Dave saying "How the f**k did
> she get up there?!"
>
> Dunzi managed to launch herself one assumes from the bath onto the
> top
> of the bathroom door, She often jumps on top of the living room door
> but the bathroom door is a first!
>
> After a couple of minutes Dave says to help her down. How? the
> bathroom door just happens to be taller than me at best I can reach
> up
> and if she drops her head give her a skritchie, which of course, I
> do
> but to help her down I will need the stepladder. Since the reign of
> terror instigated by the dreaded OT Julia (we've had a few more
> reigns
> of terror since then we're currently in the reign of terror
> instigated
> by Cecelia! Funny it was 2 years ago yesterday I carted Dave to
> hospital- things aren't perfect but they are better than they were)
> our stepladder (our flat is in a converted 1890's house we have very
> high celings and a stepladder was the first essential purchase
> before
> we could even move in) is in the bedroom and I will have to move
> loads
> of things to get it out- never mind its awkward for one person to
> carry through doors and Sarsi will be annoyed (Sarsi uses the
> stepladder to get onto the top of our wardrobes where she likes to
> sleep at night)
>
> I try to reach up and grab her but she jumped onto the window ledge
> (our doors have windows above them)
>
> So I say to Dave leave her and if she's still stuck in half an hour
> then I will open ham and if that doesn't get her down I will have to
> get the stepladder ...
>
> So Dunzi is stuck and I just know what went through her head :"
> Gotta
> jump down....long way...hard floor and don't wanna end up where they
> stick things were Sun don't shine...need something bit an' soft to
> land on...Hold on! There's something big and soft down there!..Here
> goes...one ..two,,,three...JUMP!"
>
> Alas her idea of a big soft landing was Sarsi (she landed on her
> before when she was chasing flies so maybe she has worked out her
> sisfur counts as a soft landing!)
>
> Sarsi was walking along the hallway and you can imagine she looked
> up
> and thought "Dunzi looks small..bigger...bigger....bigger"
>
> The resulting outraged squawk was pretty loud as Dunzi piledrived
> into
> Sarsi sending her flying!
>
> Lesley

Very cute story. (Kind of like being able to drop by for a bit in the
afternoon)

BTW when ours get up to high, I'll try to move something tall of soft
the can jump onto close by.

Jo

September 20th 08, 11:14 PM
Lesley > wrote:

> So I say to Dave leave her and if she's still stuck in half an hour
> then I will open ham and if that doesn't get her down I will have to
> get the stepladder ...

> So Dunzi is stuck and I just know what went through her head :" Gotta
> jump down....long way...hard floor and don't wanna end up where they
> stick things were Sun don't shine...need something bit an' soft to
> land on...Hold on! There's something big and soft down there!..Here
> goes...one ..two,,,three...JUMP!"

> Alas her idea of a big soft landing was Sarsi (she landed on her
> before when she was chasing flies so maybe she has worked out her
> sisfur counts as a soft landing!)

> Sarsi was walking along the hallway and you can imagine she looked up
> and thought "Dunzi looks small..bigger...bigger....bigger"

> The resulting outraged squawk was pretty loud as Dunzi piledrived into
> Sarsi sending her flying!

Oh my goodness!! I'm glad Sarsi survived that one. Also, you should be
grateful that *you* weren't the big and soft target. :)

--
Joyce ^..^

MLB
September 21st 08, 12:18 AM
Lesley wrote:
> Unka Tel popped round today- Dunzi loves Unka Tel so much he was
> saying to her "You wanna come live with me?" and she was meeping
> "Yes" (Sarsi was plainly thinking "gets the Hoomins to myself an' all
> the food! Go for it sisfur")
>
> Tel left and the next thing I hear is Dave saying "How the f**k did
> she get up there?!"
>
> Dunzi managed to launch herself one assumes from the bath onto the top
> of the bathroom door, She often jumps on top of the living room door
> but the bathroom door is a first!
>
> After a couple of minutes Dave says to help her down. How? the
> bathroom door just happens to be taller than me at best I can reach up
> and if she drops her head give her a skritchie, which of course, I do
> but to help her down I will need the stepladder. Since the reign of
> terror instigated by the dreaded OT Julia (we've had a few more reigns
> of terror since then we're currently in the reign of terror instigated
> by Cecelia! Funny it was 2 years ago yesterday I carted Dave to
> hospital- things aren't perfect but they are better than they were)
> our stepladder (our flat is in a converted 1890's house we have very
> high celings and a stepladder was the first essential purchase before
> we could even move in) is in the bedroom and I will have to move loads
> of things to get it out- never mind its awkward for one person to
> carry through doors and Sarsi will be annoyed (Sarsi uses the
> stepladder to get onto the top of our wardrobes where she likes to
> sleep at night)
>
> I try to reach up and grab her but she jumped onto the window ledge
> (our doors have windows above them)
>
> So I say to Dave leave her and if she's still stuck in half an hour
> then I will open ham and if that doesn't get her down I will have to
> get the stepladder ...
>
> So Dunzi is stuck and I just know what went through her head :" Gotta
> jump down....long way...hard floor and don't wanna end up where they
> stick things were Sun don't shine...need something bit an' soft to
> land on...Hold on! There's something big and soft down there!..Here
> goes...one ..two,,,three...JUMP!"
>
> Alas her idea of a big soft landing was Sarsi (she landed on her
> before when she was chasing flies so maybe she has worked out her
> sisfur counts as a soft landing!)
>
> Sarsi was walking along the hallway and you can imagine she looked up
> and thought "Dunzi looks small..bigger...bigger....bigger"
>
> The resulting outraged squawk was pretty loud as Dunzi piledrived into
> Sarsi sending her flying!
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

What a rascal! MLB

Marina
September 21st 08, 04:34 AM
Lesley wrote:

> Alas her idea of a big soft landing was Sarsi (she landed on her
> before when she was chasing flies so maybe she has worked out her
> sisfur counts as a soft landing!)

I used to have a routine with Nikki, and now Miranda does the same
thing. If she's somewhere high up and wants to get down quickly, I stand
right below her, turn my back to her, and bend over so my back forms a
level(ish) platform for her to jump down on. I don't remember teaching
either of them to do this, they just realised immediately what it was for.

Unfortunately, when Caliban saw Mir doing this, he wanted to try it,
too. Somehow, it makes a big difference whether it's a 3.4-kilo cat or a
5-kilo cat that lands on your back.

MLB
September 21st 08, 05:44 AM
Marina wrote:
> Lesley wrote:
>>
>> Alas her idea of a big soft landing was Sarsi (she landed on her
>> before when she was chasing flies so maybe she has worked out her
>> sisfur counts as a soft landing!)
>
> I used to have a routine with Nikki, and now Miranda does the same
> thing. If she's somewhere high up and wants to get down quickly, I stand
> right below her, turn my back to her, and bend over so my back forms a
> level(ish) platform for her to jump down on. I don't remember teaching
> either of them to do this, they just realised immediately what it was for.
>
> Unfortunately, when Caliban saw Mir doing this, he wanted to try it,
> too. Somehow, it makes a big difference whether it's a 3.4-kilo cat or a
> 5-kilo cat that lands on your back.

With claws extended? MLB