PDA

View Full Version : Stinky back from vet

Kreisleriana[_3_]
September 24th 08, 06:16 PM
Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Jofirey
September 24th 08, 06:51 PM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity
> leave, so we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a
> miracle cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and
> shouldn't beat myself up. He said that there may be other clinical
> reasons for his decline, like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and
> that well, he is old, and can't respond to the care we give him as
> he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going to call
> tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear
> anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have
> dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Sometimes when we want one more summer with them, we get it, but that
is all we get. Just keep loving him the best way you know how for as
long as you can. That's all they really want anyway.

Jo

jmcquown[_2_]
September 24th 08, 07:00 PM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave,
> so we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat
> myself up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his
> decline, like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is
> old, and can't respond to the care we give him as he did when he was
> younger. He took blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if
> there is anything new. I am glad and relieved Stink is home with me
> today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow.
> It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very soon, I'm
> afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Continued purrs for sweet Stinky.

Jill

MLB
September 24th 08, 07:00 PM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Purrs and prayers for Stinky (the gorgeous boy) and for you. MLB

Granby
September 24th 08, 07:34 PM
With my Scooter Dog last year, I wanted one more Christmas, my husband was
gone and I wasn't ready to be alone and, because she was so funny and
enjoyed eating all the goodies. A little before Thanksgiving, I figured out
that what I WANTED, was not best for her. It is hard and especially all the
years you have had. Prayers and hugs for you and Stinky.

YOUR BEST IS ALL YOU CAN DO.
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
> we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
> up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
> like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
> respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
> blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
> am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
> expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I
> have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.
>
> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

September 24th 08, 09:36 PM
On 24 Sep, 18:16, "Kreisleriana" > wrote:

> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. *It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. *Oh, my sweet boy.
>
> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante

We are sending many purrs and much love.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{THERESA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Helen M

Will in New Haven
September 24th 08, 09:43 PM
On Sep 24, 1:16*pm, "Kreisleriana" > wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. *His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that *I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up.. *He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. *He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. *I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. *It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. *Oh, my sweet boy.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Theresa & Stinky>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He may be at a low point and come back again. He is still eating some
and still able to express his love for you. He is still The Big Dood
and we are all pulling for him. Don't anticipate the end, stay in the
moment, all too easy to advise.

--
Will in New Haven

Shiral[_2_]
September 25th 08, 12:25 AM
On Sep 24, 10:16*am, "Kreisleriana" > wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. *His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that *I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up.. *He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. *He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. *I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. *It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. *Oh, my sweet boy.
>
> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

{{{Theresa}}} You still have Stinky for now, so love him all you can.
Alas, our four footed dear ones do not have the life span we want them
to have! I hope he'll pull out of his doldrums and perk up soon so
that you need not say farewell just yet.

Melissa

Kreisleriana[_3_]
September 25th 08, 01:40 AM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
> we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
> up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
> like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
> respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
> blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
> am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
> expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I
> have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

PS Just want to thank you all for your continued purrs for my boy. We are
just trying to make sure he's comfy as possible and feeling loved. He took
a nap with Mom in her bed this afternoon, curled up against her tummy, like
he usually does with me.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

September 25th 08, 02:06 AM
Kreisleriana > wrote:

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Continuing purrs for the sweetheart.

--
Joyce ^..^

tanadashoes
September 25th 08, 02:49 AM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
> we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
> up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
> like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
> respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
> blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
> am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
> expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I
> have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Theresa, Dante, and Stinky}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Irulan
September 25th 08, 03:32 AM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
<snip>

We will continue to pray and purr for Stinky.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Marina
September 25th 08, 03:57 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

I'm so very sad for you, Theresa. We're purring for strength for you,
and for Stinky to defy all odds and rally once more.

{{{{{Theresa}}}}} Crying with you.

Sam
September 25th 08, 04:02 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Purrs continue for you both.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

Susan M[_3_]
September 25th 08, 05:38 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

I am thinking of you and Stinky.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]
September 25th 08, 06:52 AM
((((((((((((((Kreisleriana)))))))))))))
This is so sad, and my heart is breaking for you.
Purrs lovingly sent for your darling Stinky.
Love
Kyla

"

> "Kreisleriana"
>>
>> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
>> we saw the boss vet of the practice.
>> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
>> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat
>> myself up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his
>> decline, like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old,
>> and can't respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger.
>> He took blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything
>> new. I am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly
>> don't expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the
>> day I have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.
>>

> PS Just want to thank you all for your continued purrs for my boy. We are
> just trying to make sure he's comfy as possible and feeling loved. He
> took a nap with Mom in her bed this afternoon, curled up against her
> tummy, like he usually does with me.
>

> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh
>
> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

LesleyM via CatKB.com
September 25th 08, 09:23 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:
>Stinky is back home from the vet.

We're purring like mad that Stinky rallies and you have more time together

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

--
Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Yowie
September 25th 08, 11:27 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Purrs on their way. No matter when Stinky takes his leave, he will go
knowing he was loved and very well cared for.

Purrs for you as well, its not fun knowing what you know.

Yowie

Christina Websell
September 25th 08, 07:17 PM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
> we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
> up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
> like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
> respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
> blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
> am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
> expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I
> have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

I've not been on-line for 2 days so I've come late to this. Firstly I'd
like to give you a big hug, you are in the place I am, the roller-coaster of
CRF.
Secondly, I'd like to share some thoughts and experiences I've gathered
during KFC's battle with the dreaded kidney-monster.
Try not to panic (and I know I'm good at it) - CRF is usually a slow decline
over a long period. It's easy to point every symptom towards CRF once you
know they've got it, but it isn't necessarily so.
You must allow Stinky to be old. Maybe he's reached the stage in his life
where he prefers to sleep a lot, and elderly cats often stop grooming for
other reasons like arthritis. It may or may not be down to his CRF, don't
assume it is, and don't let your vet assume it either, in fact make sure he
is not blinded by Stinky's age.
The loss of appetite *is* probably due to his CRF. Your vet can give a
steroid injection to help that, and it's surprising how much they improve
once they have an appetite again and how much better you will feel yourself
when they eat.
Roast a chicken leg for him for now as he isn't eating and get the vet to
give him an appetite-stimulating injection.
KFC is in end stage CRF now, will eat nothing but roast chicken but she is
sitting on the arm of the chair at the side of me now butting the keyboard
and wiping her nose on my hand.
So, there is plenty of hope for the Stinky-man yet.

many purrs, especially from Boyfie for his Unca Stinky

Tweed

Christina Websell
September 25th 08, 11:28 PM
"Marina" > wrote in message
> Kreisleriana wrote:
>> It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very soon, I'm
>> afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.
>>

> I'm so very sad for you, Theresa. We're purring for strength for you, and
> for Stinky to defy all odds and rally once more.
>
> {{{{{Theresa}}}}} Crying with you.

Kitty FC has done it, maybe Stinky can too. I have a very soft spot in my
heart for Stinky. I think he has a chance for a while yet as long as
Theresa believes in herself, rather than the vet. KFC would be gone a while
ago if I hadn't questioned the decision when she was certainly very poorly.
He gave me a few days to decide about RB.
I knew it wasn't time - and here she still is, bright as a button atm. She
does take some nursing along (read she takes up my life with her CRF..)
Every time her appetite takes a dip, given that she eats nothing but chicken
now, I panic,. I am sure it's the end.
It isn't. The steroid injections get her eating again and with her new posh
hairdo courtesy of June she seems to feel fantastic. She is trying to come
on my knee now.

Tweed

Kreisleriana[_3_]
September 26th 08, 01:15 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message

> "Marina" > wrote in message
>> Kreisleriana wrote:
>>> It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very soon, I'm
>>> afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.
>>>

>> I'm so very sad for you, Theresa. We're purring for strength for you, and
>> for Stinky to defy all odds and rally once more.
>>
>> {{{{{Theresa}}}}} Crying with you.
>>

> Kitty FC has done it, maybe Stinky can too. I have a very soft spot in my
> heart for Stinky. I think he has a chance for a while yet as long as
> Theresa believes in herself, rather than the vet. KFC would be gone a
> while ago if I hadn't questioned the decision when she was certainly very
> poorly. He gave me a few days to decide about RB.
> I knew it wasn't time - and here she still is, bright as a button atm.
> She does take some nursing along (read she takes up my life with her
> CRF..)
> Every time her appetite takes a dip, given that she eats nothing but
> chicken now, I panic,. I am sure it's the end.
> It isn't. The steroid injections get her eating again and with her new
> posh hairdo courtesy of June she seems to feel fantastic. She is trying
> to come on my knee now.
>
> Tweed

Thanks both of you. I spoke to the vet today, and his kidneys are not
worse, but he's anemic. The problem is that the kidney failure makes it
problematic to treat his anemia with the drug available. The vet left the
ball in my court, and I am not sure what to do, besides watch him carefully
over the next few days.

Christine, believe me, I don't need him to be perfect or young. It is OK
with me if he does do nothing but sit in a chair as long as he seems happy
and responds to us-- I think he has done more than enough for me, to merit
"taking up my life" as you put it. I am perfectly willing to support
whatever it takes to stabilize him in a realistic way. But if I don't have
a realistic chance of getting him to the kind of stability that your Kitty
has enjoyed for the past several years-- I would love that, and pray for it.
I sincerely don't know how much I could stand to see him decline beyond what
he is now.
Here although we have the example of your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy, and
some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. I don't want to
deprive him of any happy life he could have. But I don't want to find that
I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I want him
to live.

So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
make sure he knows how much he is loved.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Granby
September 26th 08, 02:13 AM
Honey you are doing all you can do. I said before, you really will know
when it is time. You loved him and in the end that is what will guide you.
Hugs and prayers to all of you.
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message
m...

> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message

>>> I'm so very sad for you, Theresa. We're purring for strength for you,
>>> and for Stinky to defy all odds and rally once more.
>>>
>>> {{{{{Theresa}}}}} Crying with you.
>>>

>> Kitty FC has done it, maybe Stinky can too. I have a very soft spot in my
>> heart for Stinky. I think he has a chance for a while yet as long as
>> Theresa believes in herself, rather than the vet. KFC would be gone a
>> while ago if I hadn't questioned the decision when she was certainly very
>> poorly. He gave me a few days to decide about RB.
>> I knew it wasn't time - and here she still is, bright as a button atm.
>> She does take some nursing along (read she takes up my life with her
>> CRF..)
>> Every time her appetite takes a dip, given that she eats nothing but
>> chicken now, I panic,. I am sure it's the end.
>> It isn't. The steroid injections get her eating again and with her new
>> posh hairdo courtesy of June she seems to feel fantastic. She is trying
>> to come on my knee now.
>>
>> Tweed
>

> Thanks both of you. I spoke to the vet today, and his kidneys are not
> worse, but he's anemic. The problem is that the kidney failure makes it
> problematic to treat his anemia with the drug available. The vet left the
> ball in my court, and I am not sure what to do, besides watch him
> carefully over the next few days.
>
> Christine, believe me, I don't need him to be perfect or young. It is OK
> with me if he does do nothing but sit in a chair as long as he seems happy
> and responds to us-- I think he has done more than enough for me, to merit
> "taking up my life" as you put it. I am perfectly willing to support
> whatever it takes to stabilize him in a realistic way. But if I don't
> have a realistic chance of getting him to the kind of stability that your
> Kitty has enjoyed for the past several years-- I would love that, and pray
> for it. I sincerely don't know how much I could stand to see him decline
> beyond what he is now.
> Here although we have the example of your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy, and
> some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. I don't want to
> deprive him of any happy life he could have. But I don't want to find
> that I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I
> want him to live.
>
> So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
> make sure he knows how much he is loved.
>
> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Will in New Haven
September 26th 08, 04:07 PM
On Sep 25, 9:13*pm, "Granby" > wrote:
> Honey you are doing all you can do. *I said before, you really will know
> when it is time. *You loved him and in the end that is what will guide you.
> Hugs and prayers to all of you."Kreisleriana" > wrote in message
>
> m...

> >> Kitty FC has done it, maybe Stinky can too. I have a very soft spot in my
> >> heart for Stinky. *I think he has a chance for a while yet *as long as
> >> Theresa believes in herself, rather than the vet. *KFC would be gone a
> >> while ago if I hadn't questioned the decision when she was certainly very
> >> poorly. He gave me a few days to decide about RB.
> >> I knew it wasn't time - and here she still is, bright as a button atm.
> >> She does take some nursing along (read she takes up my life with her
> >> CRF..)
> >> Every time her appetite takes a dip, given that she eats nothing but
> >> chicken now, I panic,. *I am sure it's the end.
> >> It isn't. *The steroid injections get her eating again and with her new
> >> posh hairdo courtesy of June she seems to feel fantastic. *She is trying
> >> to come on my knee now.
>
> >> Tweed
>
> > Thanks both of you. *I spoke to the vet today, and his kidneys are not
> > worse, but he's anemic. *The problem is that the kidney failure makes it
> > problematic to treat his anemia with the drug available. *The vet left the
> > ball in my court, and I am not sure what to do, besides watch him
> > carefully over the next few days.
>
> > Christine, believe me, I don't need him to be perfect or young. *It is OK
> > with me if he does do nothing but sit in a chair as long as he seems happy
> > and responds to us-- I think he has done more than enough for me, to merit
> > "taking up my life" as you put it. *I am perfectly willing to support
> > whatever it takes to stabilize him in a realistic way. *But if I don't
> > have a realistic chance of getting him to the kind of stability that your
> > Kitty has enjoyed for the past several years-- I would love that, and pray
> > for it. I sincerely don't know how much I could stand to see him decline
> > beyond what he is now.
> > Here although we have the example of *your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy, and
> > some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. *I don't want to
> > deprive him of any happy life he could have. *But I don't want to find
> > that I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I
> > want him to live.
>
> > So I just don't know. *I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. *And
> > make sure he knows how much he is loved.

Psst, Granby. Wee cant tak heer. Tell hur weee iz purrin four him an
four hur

--
Maggy May an da cats on rpcc

> > --
> > Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> > drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> > Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh- Hide quoted text -

Christina Websell
September 26th 08, 08:35 PM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message
m...

> "Christina Websell" > wrote in message

>>> I'm so very sad for you, Theresa. We're purring for strength for you,
>>> and for Stinky to defy all odds and rally once more.
>>>
>>> {{{{{Theresa}}}}} Crying with you.
>>>

>> Kitty FC has done it, maybe Stinky can too. I have a very soft spot in my
>> heart for Stinky. I think he has a chance for a while yet as long as
>> Theresa believes in herself, rather than the vet. KFC would be gone a
>> while ago if I hadn't questioned the decision when she was certainly very
>> poorly. He gave me a few days to decide about RB.
>> I knew it wasn't time - and here she still is, bright as a button atm.
>> She does take some nursing along (read she takes up my life with her
>> CRF..)
>> Every time her appetite takes a dip, given that she eats nothing but
>> chicken now, I panic,. I am sure it's the end.
>> It isn't. The steroid injections get her eating again and with her new
>> posh hairdo courtesy of June she seems to feel fantastic. She is trying
>> to come on my knee now.
>>
>> Tweed
>

> Thanks both of you. I spoke to the vet today, and his kidneys are not
> worse, but he's anemic. The problem is that the kidney failure makes it
> problematic to treat his anemia with the drug available. The vet left the
> ball in my court, and I am not sure what to do, besides watch him
> carefully over the next few days.

If he's going to decline further because of anaemia and there's any
possibility he could die of that I would go for it if Stinky were my cat.
There nothing to lose.

> Christine, believe me, I don't need him to be perfect or young. It is OK
> with me if he does do nothing but sit in a chair as long as he seems happy
> and responds to us-- I think he has done more than enough for me, to merit
> "taking up my life" as you put it.

I hope I did not offend you with that. I am quite happy to let KFC "take up
my life" with her CRF, as you are with Stinky. I merely meant it *does*
take a lot of time to cook special food every day, sit with her while she
eats it etc.

> I am perfectly willing to support whatever it takes to stabilize him in a
> realistic way. But if I don't have a realistic chance of getting him to
> the kind of stability that your Kitty has enjoyed for the past several
> years-- I would love that, and pray for it. I sincerely don't know how
> much I could stand to see him decline beyond what he is now.

You won't know if you don't try. Several times I have nearly given up on
KFC, especially when my vet said "consider letting her go in a few days."
Pfff to that. Find some CRF forums on the internet and take some advice
from them.
Vets are used to "ordinary people" who will not go the extra mile to nurse
their pets, and that's why they often recommend euthanasia.

Go, Stinky!

> Here although we have the example of your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy, and
> some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. I don't want to
> deprive him of any happy life he could have. But I don't want to find
> that I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I
> want him to live.
>
> So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
> make sure he knows how much he is loved.

I'll be with you every step of the way.

Tweed

Granby
September 26th 08, 11:23 PM
Maggy May, you are right, all the cats on rpcc are purring for Stinky. They
are also sending purrs and prayers for his slave.
"Will in New Haven" > wrote in message
On Sep 25, 9:13 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
> [...]
> > have a realistic chance of getting him to the kind of stability that
> > your
> > Kitty has enjoyed for the past several years-- I would love that, and
> > pray
> > for it. I sincerely don't know how much I could stand to see him decline
> > beyond what he is now.
> > Here although we have the example of your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy,
> > and
> > some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. I don't want to
> > deprive him of any happy life he could have. But I don't want to find
> > that I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I
> > want him to live.
>
> > So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
> > make sure he knows how much he is loved.

Psst, Granby. Wee cant tak heer. Tell hur weee iz purrin four him an

Matthew[_3_]
September 26th 08, 11:29 PM
I am very sorry Theresa you are doing the best you can and Stinky knows
it
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
> we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
> up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
> like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
> respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
> blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
> am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
> expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I
> have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.
>
> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

tanadashoes
September 26th 08, 11:40 PM
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Honey you are doing all you can do. I said before, you really will know
> when it is time. You loved him and in the end that is what will guide
> you. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Wot Granby said.

Pam S. agreeing

Christine Burel[_2_]
September 27th 08, 05:35 AM
Sending purrs that your sweet kitty will have more time with you - you might
ask your vet if IV fluids overnight at the vet's for 24 hours might make a
difference? I was visiting Tucker this week and there was a very talkative
black 18-yr-old girlcat who was getting IV fluids for several days - she did
come in dehydrated with very bad bloodwork but had perked up considerably
and her cattitude was definitely there. Her owner and I chatted for quite a
while.
purrs for Stinky, thinking of you,
Christine
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message

> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
> we saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
> cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
> up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
> like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
> respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
> blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
> am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
> expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I
> have dreaded will be very soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.
>
> --
> Theresa, Stinky and Dante
> drtmuirATearthlink.net
>
> Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Cheryl
September 27th 08, 08:55 PM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote in message
m...

> Christine, believe me, I don't need him to be perfect or young. It is OK
> with me if he does do nothing but sit in a chair as long as he seems happy
> and responds to us-- I think he has done more than enough for me, to merit
> "taking up my life" as you put it. I am perfectly willing to support
> whatever it takes to stabilize him in a realistic way. But if I don't
> have a realistic chance of getting him to the kind of stability that your
> Kitty has enjoyed for the past several years-- I would love that, and pray
> for it. I sincerely don't know how much I could stand to see him decline
> beyond what he is now.
> Here although we have the example of your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy, and
> some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. I don't want to
> deprive him of any happy life he could have. But I don't want to find
> that I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I
> want him to live.
>
> So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
> make sure he knows how much he is loved.

A little late but I'm sad to read about Stinky. I feel like I know him and
I know he's your heart. Purrs for him to stay comfortable for a little
longer.

Cheryl

September 27th 08, 11:31 PM
"Kreisleriana" > wrote:

> So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
> make sure he knows how much he is loved.

How's he doing today?

--
Joyce ^..^

Kreisleriana[_3_]
September 28th 08, 12:56 AM
> wrote in message
> "Kreisleriana" > wrote:
>
> > So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch.
> > And
> > make sure he knows how much he is loved.
>
> How's he doing today?

Quiet, but still putting Dante in his place. I've just been sitting with
him and combing and brushing him a lot-- a quick and sure way to make him
happy.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

September 28th 08, 01:08 AM
Kreisleriana > wrote:

> > wrote in message

>> How's he doing today?

> Quiet, but still putting Dante in his place. I've just been sitting with
> him and combing and brushing him a lot-- a quick and sure way to make him
> happy.

Aww. I think as long as he's putting Dante in his place, he's got some
life in him yet.

--
Joyce ^..^

Kreisleriana[_3_]
September 28th 08, 01:30 AM
> wrote in message
> Kreisleriana > wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message
>
> >> How's he doing today?
>
> > Quiet, but still putting Dante in his place. I've just been sitting
> > with
> > him and combing and brushing him a lot-- a quick and sure way to make
> > him
> > happy.
>
> Aww. I think as long as he's putting Dante in his place, he's got some
> life in him yet.
>
> --
> Joyce ^..^

Believe me, if there was just three molecules left of Stinky, one would be
the "love Mommy and Grandma molecule," one would be the "good karma to
everyone else" molecule, and one would certainly be the "Putting Dante in
his place" molecule.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Will in New Haven
September 28th 08, 01:37 AM
On Sep 27, 8:30 pm, "Kreisleriana" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > > Quiet, but still putting Dante in his place. I've just been sitting
> > > with
> > > him and combing and brushing him a lot-- a quick and sure way to make
> > > him
> > > happy.
>
> > Aww. I think as long as he's putting Dante in his place, he's got some
> > life in him yet.
>
> > --
> > Joyce ^..^
>
> Believe me, if there was just three molecules left of Stinky, one would be
> the "love Mommy and Grandma molecule," one would be the "good karma to
> everyone else" molecule, and one would certainly be the "Putting Dante in
> his place" molecule.

Hurray for the Big Dood.

--
Will in New Haven

cl
September 28th 08, 01:42 AM
Kreisleriana wrote:
> Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so we
> saw the boss vet of the practice.
> He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle cure.
> He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself up. He
> said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline, like a tumor
> we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't respond to the
> care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took blood and I'm going
> to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I am glad and relieved
> Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't expect to hear anything
> hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very
> soon, I'm afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

Sorry to head of your little boy cat. I hope that his passing when it
comes will be as peaceful and as pain free as possible. That is happens
as far in the future as possible is my wish.

Best wishes and abundant purrs.

cl

September 28th 08, 03:19 AM
Kreisleriana > wrote:

> Believe me, if there was just three molecules left of Stinky, one would be
> the "love Mommy and Grandma molecule," one would be the "good karma to
> everyone else" molecule, and one would certainly be the "Putting Dante in
> his place" molecule.

Go Stinky! The Big Dood to the last.

Still hoping he'll rally again, though! My guys are purring for him.

--
Joyce ^..^

Mosey =^. .^=[_2_]
September 28th 08, 07:46 AM
<bastXXXette
> Kreisleriana :
>
> > Believe me, if there was just three molecules left of Stinky, one would
> > be
> > the "love Mommy and Grandma molecule," one would be the "good karma to
> > everyone else" molecule, and one would certainly be the "Putting Dante
> > in
> > his place" molecule.
>
> Go Stinky! The Big Dood to the last.
>
> Still hoping he'll rally again, though! My guys are purring for him.
>
> --
> Joyce ^..^

Mosey and Tabitha port some nice chicken soup to help
Stinky feel better, assume the meatloaf and start puuuuuuuuuuuuuurring
Feel better Dood

Lesley
September 28th 08, 06:16 PM
On Sep 27, 4:56*pm, "Kreisleriana" > wrote:

> Quiet, but still putting Dante in his place. *

YAY!!!! Look Dante I am sorry but I am glad Stinky is still showing
you who is boss!