PDA

View Full Version : Milo needs a bedtime story

Stan Brown
September 25th 08, 12:03 PM
Like most of our little buddies, Milo does his Dance of Hunger at the
crack of dawn. You know the drill -- head butts, sitting up and
begging, trying to herd me into the kitchen if I walk in any other
direction.

But yesterday and today, he's been doing it even though there's still
food in his dish. I was up at about 4, so I figured he'd have
finished the leftover supper by about 6:30, his usual feeding time,
but noooooo.

The funny thing is, he's gulled me several times into going into the
kitchen to feed him, only to see that there's still food. So tonight
I'm going to tell him the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

(No, I'm not completely heartless. Before leaving for work, I'll toss
the leftovers and give him fresh food.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

dgk
September 25th 08, 12:59 PM
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:03:02 -0400, Stan Brown
> wrote:

>Like most of our little buddies, Milo does his Dance of Hunger at the
>crack of dawn. You know the drill -- head butts, sitting up and
>begging, trying to herd me into the kitchen if I walk in any other
>direction.
>
>But yesterday and today, he's been doing it even though there's still
>food in his dish. I was up at about 4, so I figured he'd have
>finished the leftover supper by about 6:30, his usual feeding time,
>but noooooo.
>
>The funny thing is, he's gulled me several times into going into the
>kitchen to feed him, only to see that there's still food. So tonight
>I'm going to tell him the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.
>

>(No, I'm not completely heartless. Before leaving for work, I'll toss
>the leftovers and give him fresh food.)

They're all weird. I have three and dealing with their eating habits
drives me nuts. One is a grazer; he eats a bit and then walks away,
coming back later. Only by then, two of the feline vacuum cleaners
have eaten his portion. So I have to take away one bowl after he walks
away and try to slip it back when the other two are gone.

Then, one of the furballs likes to cover up any food left over, which
usually involves dragging a bathmat or sock or underwear onto the
bowl(s). Or maybe we just turn the bowl over so we have wet or dry
food all over the floor. Did I mention that they're all so weird?