PDA

View Full Version : Cat poops on rug.

October 4th 08, 08:45 PM
We have 3 cats and one dog, all are happy.
One cat is 6 and all of a sudden it starts pooping on the rug, we have
3 litter boxes, anyone know why ?

Thanks.

Gail[_2_]
October 4th 08, 08:54 PM
Could be a medical problem. He should be checked by a vet firstly.
Gail
> wrote in message
> We have 3 cats and one dog, all are happy.
> One cat is 6 and all of a sudden it starts pooping on the rug, we have
> 3 litter boxes, anyone know why ?
>
> Thanks.

Bobblespin
October 4th 08, 09:31 PM
wrote in
:

> We have 3 cats and one dog, all are happy.
> One cat is 6 and all of a sudden it starts pooping on the rug, we have
> 3 litter boxes, anyone know why ?
>
> Thanks.

Are the litter boxes scooped 3 times a day? My cat won't step foot in a
box that has been used, even by himself.

Bobble

AZ Nomad[_2_]
October 4th 08, 09:34 PM
On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:54:35 -0400, Gail > wrote:
>Could be a medical problem. He should be checked by a vet firstly.
>Gail
> wrote in message
>> We have 3 cats and one dog, all are happy.
>> One cat is 6 and all of a sudden it starts pooping on the rug, we have
>> 3 litter boxes, anyone know why ?
>>
>> Thanks.

Also try getting an additional box in a new location and to keep them cleaner.
I once had a kitty who would poop in the tub if I didn't keep the box clean
enough.

Stan Brown
October 5th 08, 03:37 PM
Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:45:09 -0400 from
>:
> We have 3 cats and one dog, all are happy.
> One cat is 6 and all of a sudden it starts pooping on the rug, we have
> 3 litter boxes, anyone know why ?

Could be a medical problem, could be the cat is annoyed about some
recent change in the household.

Or it could be that the box isn't clean enough -- are you scooping
every day and changing the whole box at regular intervals?

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

---MIKE---
October 5th 08, 05:08 PM
Tiger leaves "samples" on the rug. This is because the long hair on his
butt causes pieces to "cling on" and drop off later. If I got him a
sanitary trim I'm sure this would stop.

---MIKE---