PDA

View Full Version : Does you cat come when called?

James
October 5th 08, 04:36 AM
Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

However some times she comes when I whistle. I was trying to teach my
parakeet to sing a tune by repeating a tune. My cat was lying by the
window became animated. She does it every time I whistle. It's the
only way I can animate her with sound. Some time she comes to me but
alway she moves to my whistle.

Matthew[_3_]
October 5th 08, 09:20 AM
jams I thought you would be used to pussy ignoring you by now :-)
"James" > wrote in message
> Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.
>
> However some times she comes when I whistle. I was trying to teach my
> parakeet to sing a tune by repeating a tune. My cat was lying by the
> window became animated. She does it every time I whistle. It's the
> only way I can animate her with sound. Some time she comes to me but
> alway she moves to my whistle.

jmc
October 5th 08, 02:17 PM
Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (10/4/2008 11:36 PM):
> Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.
>
> However some times she comes when I whistle. I was trying to teach my
> parakeet to sing a tune by repeating a tune. My cat was lying by the
> window became animated. She does it every time I whistle. It's the
> only way I can animate her with sound. Some time she comes to me but
> alway she moves to my whistle.

Meep does.

Motivate with food. If she won't come when I call, I just rattle the
lid of her treat jar, she comes running. I then of course have to give
her a treat, and some fussing, because she came.

She also knows and responds to "no", or even her name in a repressive
tone of voice. And walks on a leash.

I'm pretty sure she was a dog in a past life :)

jmc

Ken[_4_]
October 5th 08, 04:41 PM
James > wrote in news:c623e7fe-cebc-45fe-b47c-
:

> Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

Emily comes when called. She's very affectionate.

She calls _me_ when its feeding time. She knows almost to the minute.
However, she does (seem to) thank me with a meow while looking at me most
times I feed her while she's eating. First cat I ever had that did that.

Ken

---MIKE---
October 5th 08, 05:05 PM
Amber - when I call her at 5 AM. Tiger comes when he feels like it.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

AZ Nomad[_2_]
October 5th 08, 05:31 PM
On 5 Oct 2008 15:41:43 GMT, Ken > wrote:
>James > wrote in news:c623e7fe-cebc-45fe-b47c-
:

>> Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.
>>

>Emily comes when called. She's very affectionate.

>She calls _me_ when its feeding time. She knows almost to the minute.
>However, she does (seem to) thank me with a meow while looking at me most
>times I feed her while she's eating. First cat I ever had that did that.

All my kitties come when they're called. If they feel like it.

Usually they do as it means getting hugs and tons of back, belly and neck
scritches, and the occasional utterance of the word "Fish!" followed by
a trip to the kitchen for treats (their current favorite is birdmeat --
chicken)

Janet
October 5th 08, 09:37 PM
Nope.

But then she is an adult stray adoptee, and I don't know what her name was.
She doesn't respond to kitty, kitty.

Stampir
October 6th 08, 04:27 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (10/4/2008 11:36 PM):
>> Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.
>>
>> However some times she comes when I whistle. I was trying to teach my
>> parakeet to sing a tune by repeating a tune. My cat was lying by the
>> window became animated. She does it every time I whistle. It's the
>> only way I can animate her with sound. Some time she comes to me but
>> alway she moves to my whistle.
>
> Meep does.
>
> Motivate with food. If she won't come when I call, I just rattle the lid
> of her treat jar, she comes running. I then of course have to give her a
> treat, and some fussing, because she came.
>
> She also knows and responds to "no", or even her name in a repressive tone
> of voice. And walks on a leash.
>
> I'm pretty sure she was a dog in a past life :)
>
> jmc

That's a well-behaved kitty!

October 7th 08, 04:55 PM
On 5 Okt., 05:36, James > wrote:
> Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.

my colleague has two cats that he raised himself and both react to
their names.
But you know, cats can be quite peculiar...

DWMeowMix
October 7th 08, 07:08 PM
On Oct 7, 9:55*am, wrote:
> On 5 Okt., 05:36, James > wrote:
>
> > Except for feeding time my pussy ignores me when I call.
>
> my colleague has two cats that he raised himself and both react to
> their names.
> But you know, cats can be quite peculiar...

I have 4 cats. 3 of whom come when I call (95% of the time) and a 4th
which is a new rescue kitty. She's about a year old. I've only had
her 3 weeks but she knows her name and looks at me (most of the time)
when I call her and if I get really lucky she actually comes! We've
got the rest of her life to work on it...

DWMeowMix

DWMeowMix
October 7th 08, 08:11 PM
> I have 4 cats. *3 of whom come when I call (95% of the time) and a 4th
> which is a new rescue kitty. *She's about a year old. *I've only had
> her 3 weeks but she knows her name and looks at me (most of the time)
> when I call her and if I get really lucky she actually comes! *We've
> got the rest of her life to work on it...
>
> DWMeowMix

My neighbors laugh because they say my kitties follow me around like
dogs!

DWMeowMix

honeybunch
October 7th 08, 11:32 PM
Snappy never responds when he is asleep which is most of the time.
But when he is awake he will come because he is a very very curious
cat.