PDA

View Full Version : Do you brush their teeth?

James
October 5th 08, 04:37 AM
Good idea or just a gimmic?

-Lost
October 5th 08, 06:11 AM
Response to James >:

> Good idea or just a gimmic?

I imagine it may depend on whether or not you feed entirely kibble,
wet, or a mixture of both.

Kibble is reported to be much harder on feline teeth if I recall.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Petzl
October 5th 08, 08:44 AM
On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 20:37:35 -0700 (PDT), James >
wrote:

>Good idea or just a gimmic?

Good idea

If you do not when the cat gets older it will start to lose teeth

http://cats.about.com/library/howto/htcleanteeth.htm

cybercat
October 5th 08, 09:06 AM
"Petzl" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 20:37:35 -0700 (PDT), James >
> wrote:
>
>>Good idea or just a gimmic?
>
> Good idea
>
> If you do not when the cat gets older it will start to lose teeth
>
> http://cats.about.com/library/howto/htcleanteeth.htm

Not true. I had a cat who lived to be 18 and had all her teeth when she
died, just a small chip on one. Her daughter died at 19 the same way.

jmc
October 5th 08, 02:15 PM
Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (10/4/2008 11:37 PM):
> Good idea or just a gimmic?

Yes.

Prolly a good idea, if your cat will stand the indignity. Mine won't.
She's got a bit of tartar, but all of her teeth. Gets a full dental
every few years, though.

jmc

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
October 8th 08, 06:38 AM
On Oct 4, 11:37*pm, James > wrote:
> Good idea or just a gimmic?

Nuts...

The Nice Mean Man

Gumby
October 10th 08, 04:20 PM
On Oct 4, 10:37*pm, James > wrote:
> Good idea or just a gimmic?

Good idea if the cats will stand for it.

Mine won't so I feed them Science Diet oral Care kibble alongside
their wet food. I also add Petkin's Liquid Oral Care to their water
fountain.