PDA

View Full Version : Does you cat eat cheese?

James
October 9th 08, 05:47 AM
My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.

LesleyM via CatKB.com
October 9th 08, 09:13 AM
James wrote:
>My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
>stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
>trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.

Some cats do indeed enjoy cheese when Speedy Joe was alive we used to have to
cut slices of cheese with the knife in one hand and restrain him with the
other or else he would steal as much as he could!

Lesley

Skave of the Fabulous Furballs

--
Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

nobody
October 9th 08, 12:09 PM
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 21:47:29 -0700 (PDT), James >
wrote:

>My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
>stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
>trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.

Mine loves cheddar. She asks for it when I make my omlette on the
weekend.

Matthew[_3_]
October 9th 08, 08:11 PM
rumble right now is eating Kraft mild cheddar cheese I am trying to have
some cheese and crackers and he wants some

"James" > wrote in message
> My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
> stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
> trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 9th 08, 10:28 PM
"James" > wrote in message
> My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
> stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
> trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.

My female cat, Noel, loves provolone cheese. She gets her treat every night
and has started to demand it by sitting on the kitchen counter and waiting
for me to open the fridge. She loves it and it is cute listening to her
chewing.

Paul

jmc
October 10th 08, 12:59 AM
Suddenly, without warning, James exclaimed (10/9/2008 12:47 AM):
> My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
> stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
> trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.

Only Parmesan, for some reason. She loves bread though...

jmc

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 10th 08, 05:52 AM
"Judith Latham" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> James > wrote:
>> My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
>> stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
>> trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.
>
> I couldn't resist posting to this.
>
> Thursday night is our cheese and wine night. We have a selection of
> cheeses and with both my cats (we didn't have them at the same time) they
> have sat beside me on the sofa and I have ended up finger feeding them
> with Brie, not the crust, just the soft cheese. It makes for lovely, messy
> fingers but a happy cat.

How do they hold the wine glass since they don't have thumbs?

Paul

October 11th 08, 12:35 AM

Our new cat, Maddy loves cheese. Hub usually snacks at desk, and I'm
in living room on couch. With both of us, it's like someone else
posted, we eat with one hand and keep her at bay with the other. :o)
She was eating broccoli last week. Whenever she is getting food, the
other three come around meowing for their share. So, they've been
trying new things, too. Piper, my long haired one is the 'prissiest'
of them all, and usually only licks sauce/gravy off of foods. The dog
eats whatever she leaves. <G>
I don't give them milk, at all, but this Maddy is a 'big' eater, she
will eat a piece of chicken, (about the same size as I cut mine),
faster than I can. The other ones 'demand' that I cut theirs into
teeny pieces, or they won't eat them. Spoiled, on their part, well-
trained on mine. :o)
Funny how one newbie can get the others very *interested*.

MaryBeth and DaSmiffDen

Stan Brown
October 11th 08, 07:54 PM
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 21:47:29 -0700 (PDT) from James
>:
> My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
> stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
> trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.

Milo's farts are quite deadly enough without adding cheese to the
mix. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

T[_4_]
October 12th 08, 11:23 PM
> James wrote:
> >My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
> >stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
> >trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.
>
> Some cats do indeed enjoy cheese when Speedy Joe was alive we used to have to
> cut slices of cheese with the knife in one hand and restrain him with the
> other or else he would steal as much as he could!
>
> Lesley
>
> Skave of the Fabulous Furballs

Yeah, my former cat Randy used to love Italian cheeses like Romano,
Parmesian and Fontina but his absolute favorite was ricotta.

He also loved my tomato sauce.

Picture a tuxedo pattern with a white muzzle stained orange/red by
tomato sauce.

I miss that cat.

T[_4_]
October 12th 08, 11:26 PM
In article >,
says...

> "Judith Latham" > wrote in message
> > In article
> > >,
> > James > wrote:
> >> My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
> >> stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
> >> trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.
> >
> > I couldn't resist posting to this.
> >
> > Thursday night is our cheese and wine night. We have a selection of
> > cheeses and with both my cats (we didn't have them at the same time) they
> > have sat beside me on the sofa and I have ended up finger feeding them
> > with Brie, not the crust, just the soft cheese. It makes for lovely, messy
> > fingers but a happy cat.
>

> How do they hold the wine glass since they don't have thumbs?
>
> Paul

One of the members of this household is known to partake in the inhaled
variety of recreational drugs. Anytime he does Angie runs up and hops in
his lap and stays there the entire time.

I adopted her as a 3 and a half year old and from what I'm told her
former owner was a college student. So I'm pretty sure I know where she
got THAT habit from.

T[_4_]
October 12th 08, 11:26 PM
In article >,
says...
> Wed, 8 Oct 2008 21:47:29 -0700 (PDT) from James
> >:
> > My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
> > stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
> > trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.
>
> Milo's farts are quite deadly enough without adding cheese to the
> mix. :-)

Wet food. That isn't allowed in this house but maybe I should because
then I COULD blame the cat.

Stampir
October 13th 08, 04:33 AM
"T" > wrote in message
rg...
>> James wrote:
>> >My pussy got 3 tiny pieces of Monterey Jack that I was eating. I
>> >stopped her from eating more because I know adult cats may have
>> >trouble with milk. She seems to enjoy it.
>>
>> Some cats do indeed enjoy cheese when Speedy Joe was alive we used to
>> have to
>> cut slices of cheese with the knife in one hand and restrain him with the
>> other or else he would steal as much as he could!
>>
>> Lesley
>>
>> Skave of the Fabulous Furballs
>>

> Yeah, my former cat Randy used to love Italian cheeses like Romano,
> Parmesian and Fontina but his absolute favorite was ricotta.
>
> He also loved my tomato sauce.
>
> Picture a tuxedo pattern with a white muzzle stained orange/red by
> tomato sauce.
>
> I miss that cat.

That's a funny picture (the white muzzle stained orange/red w/tomato
sauce). I never knew cats liked anything vegetarian (well, except maybe
grass).

May Randy RIP.

Stampir
October 13th 08, 04:36 AM