PDA

View Full Version : a dilemma-some suggestions

gigi
October 19th 08, 10:04 AM
To cut a long story short
-found cat in shed
-fed it and did all the necessaries with vet (healthcare)
-in good health and care under my watch -I kept it indoors at night,
etc
-have to move/relocate/travel now and next house disallows cats

meantime, can't fnd a new owner/adoptee for cat. Shelter will put it
down after several weeks if not adopted. been putting up flyers, and
asking around but no luck.

should I
- leave cat in present surroundings where I found it (neighbour has a
tray of leftover food for cats in the neighbourhood)- pluses are it is
very familiar with surroundings, etc.
or- sneak in cat to new place and make it a comfortable bedding
outside and make sure it has plenty of kibble/water/etc when i leave
town.

and yes, I have grown attached to it but cannot afford to. I didn't
ask to adopt a cat but i beleive in being kind and good to animals.

cybercat
October 19th 08, 07:03 PM
"gigi" > wrote in message
> To cut a long story short
> -found cat in shed
> -fed it and did all the necessaries with vet (healthcare)
> -in good health and care under my watch -I kept it indoors at night,
> etc
> -have to move/relocate/travel now and next house disallows cats
>
> meantime, can't fnd a new owner/adoptee for cat. Shelter will put it
> down after several weeks if not adopted. been putting up flyers, and
> asking around but no luck.
>
> should I
> - leave cat in present surroundings where I found it (neighbour has a
> tray of leftover food for cats in the neighbourhood)- pluses are it is
> very familiar with surroundings, etc.
> or- sneak in cat to new place and make it a comfortable bedding
> outside and make sure it has plenty of kibble/water/etc when i leave
> town.
>
> and yes, I have grown attached to it but cannot afford to. I didn't
> ask to adopt a cat but i beleive in being kind and good to animals.

You are not being kind to animals when you take them on then do not live up
to your responsibilities. Find a no-kill shelter to take the cat, drive a
ways if you have to. Then never adopt another cat, because you do not live
up to your commitments.

Spot[_2_]
October 19th 08, 10:07 PM
DO NOT let the cat there to fend for itself. Find a no kill shelter and if
you can't take it to the local one and hope that someone adopts it. At least
this way it won't starve or freeze to death.

Celeste

"gigi" > wrote in message
> To cut a long story short
> -found cat in shed
> -fed it and did all the necessaries with vet (healthcare)
> -in good health and care under my watch -I kept it indoors at night,
> etc
> -have to move/relocate/travel now and next house disallows cats
>
> meantime, can't fnd a new owner/adoptee for cat. Shelter will put it
> down after several weeks if not adopted. been putting up flyers, and
> asking around but no luck.
>
> should I
> - leave cat in present surroundings where I found it (neighbour has a
> tray of leftover food for cats in the neighbourhood)- pluses are it is
> very familiar with surroundings, etc.
> or- sneak in cat to new place and make it a comfortable bedding
> outside and make sure it has plenty of kibble/water/etc when i leave
> town.
>
> and yes, I have grown attached to it but cannot afford to. I didn't
> ask to adopt a cat but i beleive in being kind and good to animals.

cshenk
October 20th 08, 12:39 AM
"gigi" wrote

> To cut a long story short
> -found cat in shed
> -fed it and did all the necessaries with vet (healthcare)
> -in good health and care under my watch -I kept it indoors at night,
> etc
> -have to move/relocate/travel now and next house disallows cats
>
> meantime, can't fnd a new owner/adoptee for cat. Shelter will put it
> down after several weeks if not adopted. been putting up flyers, and
> asking around but no luck.

Gigi, fact is once you adopt a cat, you become responsible for it's care. I
know you meant well but you are now obligated to do something.

> should I
> - leave cat in present surroundings where I found it (neighbour has a
> tray of leftover food for cats in the neighbourhood)- pluses are it is
> very familiar with surroundings, etc.

Definately not! The cat will not understand. It will most likely freeze or
starve to death, neither of which are actually pleasant ways to go since the
freezing is apt to be in bits and pieces with some pretty ugly complications
along the way as it gets colder and colder.

> or- sneak in cat to new place and make it a comfortable bedding
> outside and make sure it has plenty of kibble/water/etc when i leave
> town.

The best thing is to relocate to to a place that takes cats. However, that
seems not in your mind.

> and yes, I have grown attached to it but cannot afford to. I didn't
> ask to adopt a cat but i beleive in being kind and good to animals.

Well, you can take 'it' to the nearest no-kill if you are willing to drive
to there. It's the right thing to do. However, failing that since you seem
not bent in that direction and want the easy way out, take the poor lostling
who's about to be left family free, to the kill facility. 'it' might get
adopted, and if not, will be fed, warm, and suffer no pain when the time
comes to die, unlike what happens when cats are abandoned.

I also agree with cyber. If your cat is just 'it' (neither male nor female,
no name, just 'it') and you had no plan, you should not adopt another pet.
Your personaility is wrong for 'it'.

cybercat
October 20th 08, 06:02 AM
"cshenk" > wrote

> The best thing is to relocate to to a place that takes cats. However,
> that seems not in your mind.

Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.

This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than people.

CatNipped[_2_]
October 20th 08, 08:38 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "cshenk" > wrote
>>
>> The best thing is to relocate to to a place that takes cats. However,
>> that seems not in your mind.
>>

> Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.
>
> This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than people.

Amen!

Hugs,

CatNipped

John Doe
August 13th 09, 02:47 AM
"cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

> Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.
>
> This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than people.

If liking cats better than liking people were the reason you are
an ass, JudgeMental, you would at least realize that the person
you are insulting has power to do whatever they want to with the
cat you are pretending to care about.

> From: "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: a dilemma-some suggestions
> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:02:13 -0400

cyberpurrs
August 13th 09, 03:09 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.
>>
>> This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than people.
>
> If liking cats better than liking people were the reason you are
> an ass, JudgeMental, you would at least realize that the person
> you are insulting has power to do whatever they want to with the
> cat you are pretending to care about.

>> From: "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
>> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>> Subject: Re: a dilemma-some suggestions
>> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:02:13 -0400

I particularly like all the header info. Very intimidating. You da stud,
Mark.

John Doe
August 13th 09, 08:35 PM
"cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote
>> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Really. What a ****ing imbecile. Poor little cat.
>>>
>>> This is just one of many reasons I like cats better than
>>> people.
>>
>> If liking cats better than liking people were the reason you
>> are an ass, JudgeMental, you would at least realize that the
>> person you are insulting has power to do whatever they want to
>> with the cat you are pretending to care about.
>>

> This is true. Just like I have the power to do this:

<snipped a background check report provided by Kelmar And
Associates of San Antonio>

> Now then, Bender. If you cannot handle Usenet without attempting
> to intimidate those with whom you disagree, I suggest you back
> away from the computer.

Violating the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do
with your problem here on USENET will not deter me or help you,
JudgeMental.

> From: "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
> Subject: Mark Bender Criminal Stalker of Houston TX is At It Again
> Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:59:31 -0400

cybercat
August 13th 09, 09:12 PM
"John Doe" > wrote

> Violating the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do
> with your problem here on USENET will not deter me or help you,
> JudgeMental.

It's public record, Mark. Have your say, but given your assault charges,
make sure I do not feel threatened. If I do, in any way, you're in for a
very unpleasant surprise.

cybercat
August 13th 09, 09:15 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> If liking cats better than liking people were the reason you
>>> are an ass, JudgeMental, you would at least realize that the
>>> person you are insulting has power to do whatever they want to
>>> with the cat you are pretending to care about.
>>>

>> This is true. Just like I have the power to do this:
>
> <snipped a background check report provided by Kelmar And
> Associates of San Antonio>
>
>> Now then, Bender. If you cannot handle Usenet without attempting
>> to intimidate those with whom you disagree, I suggest you back
>> away from the computer.
>
> Violating the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do
> with your problem here on USENET will not deter me or help you,
> JudgeMental.

This sounds like a threat, Mark.

cyberpurrs
August 13th 09, 10:03 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> If liking cats better than liking people were the reason you
>>> are an ass, JudgeMental, you would at least realize that the
>>> person you are insulting has power to do whatever they want to
>>> with the cat you are pretending to care about.
>>>

>> This is true. Just like I have the power to do this:
>
> <snipped a background check report provided by Kelmar And
> Associates of San Antonio>
>
>> Now then, Bender. If you cannot handle Usenet without attempting
>> to intimidate those with whom you disagree, I suggest you back
>> away from the computer.
>
> Violating the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do
> with your problem here on USENET will not deter me or help you,
> JudgeMental.

Read it and weep, dickface:

http://www.haltabuse.org/resources/laws/texas.shtml

Texas
Stalking by Electronic Communications - SB1139

Signed by the governor June 15, 2001. Effective September 1, 2001.

AN ACT relating to the prosecution of and punishment for the offenses of
harassment and stalking.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:

SECTION 1. Section 42.07, Penal Code, is amended to read as follows:

Sec. 42.07. HARASSMENT.

A person commits an offense if, with intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse,
torment, or embarrass another, he:
initiates communication by telephone, in writing, or by electronic
communication and in the course of the communication makes a comment,
request, suggestion, or proposal that is obscene;
threatens, by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication, in a
manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the threat, to
inflict bodily injury on the person or to commit a felony against the
person, a member of his family or household, or his property;
conveys, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the
report, a false report, which is known by the conveyor to be false, that
another person has suffered death or serious bodily injury;
causes the telephone of another to ring repeatedly or makes repeated
telephone communications anonymously or in a manner reasonably likely to
harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another;
makes a telephone call and intentionally fails to hang up or disengage the
connection;
knowingly permits a telephone under the person's control to be used by
another to commit an offense under this section; or
sends repeated electronic communications in a manner reasonably likely to
harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another.
In this section:
"Electronic communication" means a transfer of signs, signals, writing,
images, sounds, data, or intelligence of any nature transmitted in whole or
in part by a wire, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectronic, or photo-optical
system. The term includes:
a communication initiated by electronic mail, instant message, network call,
or facsimile machine; and
a communication made to a pager.
"Family" and "household" have the meaning assigned by Chapter 71, Family
Code.
"Obscene" means containing a patently offensive description of or a
solicitation to commit an ultimate sex act, including sexual intercourse,
masturbation, cunnilingus, fellatio, or anilingus, or a description of an
excretory function.
An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, except that the
offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the actor has previously been convicted
under this section.
SECTION 2. Subsection (b), Section 42.072, Penal Code, is amended to read as
follows:

An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree, except that
the offense is a felony of the second degree if the actor has previously
been convicted under this section.
SECTION 3.

The change in law made by this Act applies only to an offense committed on
or after the effective date of this Act. For purposes of this section, an
offense is committed before the effective date of this Act if any element of
the offense occurs before the effective date.
An offense committed before the effective date of this Act is covered by the
law in effect when the offense was committed, and the former law is
continued in effect for that purpose.