PDA

View Full Version : can on Prozac for inapprop peeing


Christie[_2_]
October 20th 08, 01:25 AM
My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. For the most part
she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for a
couple times (it used to be daily).

The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
has to be a break. Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?

cybercat
October 20th 08, 06:04 AM
"Christie" > wrote in message
...
> My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. For the most
> part she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for
> a couple times (it used to be daily).
>
> The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
> has to be a break. Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
> behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?
>

It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat pees
on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried several
differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much easier.

Christie[_2_]
October 22nd 08, 12:30 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message >
> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat pees
> on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried several
> differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much easier.


wah wah wah, sucks to be you, ey? Must, since every post here from you is
negative, foul or sarcasm. If I want to pose a question here I will. You
can ignore it, but that seems to hard for you to do.

Christie[_2_]
October 22nd 08, 12:33 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat pees
> on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried several
> differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much easier.


By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying things,
and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read this group, I
use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone isn't as in the know
as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by such stupid,
ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Matthew[_3_]
October 22nd 08, 01:57 AM
"Christie" > wrote in message
...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
>> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
>> pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
>> several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
>> easier.
>
>
> By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
> things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
> this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone isn't
> as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by
> such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a
> pat on the back.
>
>
>

Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here every
month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of taking a
few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups discussion or
doing a find through outlook express as you are using. They jump and ask
the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3 current threads about
this going on in this group about this.

cybercat
October 22nd 08, 04:18 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
>
> "Christie" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
>>> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
>>> pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
>>> several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
>>> easier.
>>
>>
>> By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
>> things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
>> this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone isn't
>> as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by
>> such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a
>> pat on the back.
>>
>>
>>
>
> Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here
> every month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of
> taking a few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups
> discussion or doing a find through outlook express as you are using.
> They jump and ask the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3
> current threads about this going on in this group about this.
>

That was kind of my point.

cybercat
October 22nd 08, 04:19 AM
"zob" <[email protected] cox.net> wrote in message
...
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:57:21 -0400, "Matthew"
> > wrote:
>
>>
>>"Christie" > wrote in message
...
>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us
>>>> a
>>>> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
>>>> pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
>>>> several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
>>>> easier.
>>>
>>>
>>> By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
>>> things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
>>> this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone
>>> isn't
>>> as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by
>>> such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a
>>> pat on the back.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here
>>every
>>month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of taking a
>>few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups discussion
>>or
>>doing a find through outlook express as you are using. They jump and ask
>>the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3 current threads about
>>this going on in this group about this.
>>
> My guess is that someone finding a newsgroup with the name
> "rec.pets.cats.HEALTH+BEHAVIOR" would assume that this is the
> appropriate place to ask such a question. Maybe you need to find a NG
> that would be more appropriate for your own needs if you don't like to
> see the health and behavior of cats discussed.

Jesus. The stupid ****s are out tonight. Sigh.

Okay, you answer this same question every time it is posted, some 20 times a
month, "zob."

It makes sense to simply search the group archives on such a common problem.

blkcatgal
October 22nd 08, 05:00 AM
Christie, I had a cat on prozac because he sprayed. It really helped curb
his spraying. I don't know why your doctor told you that your cat could
only be on it for 6 months and then take a break. I have never heard this
before and I was consulting with a reknown animal behaviorist. My cat was
on prozac for over a year with no problems. One thing you should do is
annual blood work to make sure your cat's kidneys and liver are functioning
okay. Your cat should stay on the prozac until the problem is
corrected...then you wean her off slowly.

Of course you should also be doing behavior modification techniques in
addition to the medication.

S.

"Christie" > wrote in message
...
> My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. For the most
> part she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for
> a couple times (it used to be daily).
>
> The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
> has to be a break. Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
> behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?
>

Matthew[_3_]
October 22nd 08, 05:01 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>>
>> "Christie" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us
>>>> a break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
>>>> pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
>>>> several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
>>>> easier.
>>>
>>>
>>> By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
>>> things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
>>> this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone
>>> isn't as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life
>>> surrounded by such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself.
>>> Give yourself a pat on the back.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here
>> every month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of
>> taking a few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups
>> discussion or doing a find through outlook express as you are using.
>> They jump and ask the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3
>> current threads about this going on in this group about this.
>>
>
> That was kind of my point.
But I do it with a smile ;-)

Matthew[_3_]
October 22nd 08, 05:07 AM
"zob" <[email protected] cox.net> wrote in message
...
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:57:21 -0400, "Matthew"
> > wrote:
>
>>
>>"Christie" > wrote in message
...
>>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>>> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us
>>>> a
>>>> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
>>>> pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
>>>> several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
>>>> easier.
>>>
>>>
>>> By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
>>> things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
>>> this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone
>>> isn't
>>> as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by
>>> such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a
>>> pat on the back.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here
>>every
>>month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of taking a
>>few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups discussion
>>or
>>doing a find through outlook express as you are using. They jump and ask
>>the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3 current threads about
>>this going on in this group about this.
>>
> My guess is that someone finding a newsgroup with the name
> "rec.pets.cats.HEALTH+BEHAVIOR" would assume that this is the
> appropriate place to ask such a question. Maybe you need to find a NG
> that would be more appropriate for your own needs if you don't like to
> see the health and behavior of cats discussed.

Please this comes from the person who post here what maybe twice a month if
he is lucky move on

Matthew[_3_]
October 22nd 08, 05:58 AM
Is your cat on any other drugs or have CRF or some other medical condition

Also did you ever try feliway?

"Christie" > wrote in message
...
> My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. For the most
> part she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for
> a couple times (it used to be daily).
>
> The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
> has to be a break. Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
> behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?
>

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
October 22nd 08, 09:17 AM
On Oct 19, 8:25*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. *For the most part
> she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for a
> couple times (it used to be daily).
>
> The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
> has to be a break. *Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
> behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?

Why in the HELL did you put your cat on an anti-depressant? Did it
tell you it was feeling sick in the head? How did you know? LOL....!!
This just keeps getting better and better.
YOU must be the sick one. You have probably projected your own
sickness on to your pet (a typical thing for a mental-case to do).
Bet you're on it yourself. If not, then you probably need to be.
Because the first thing you'd do when you straightened out would be to
find a sane vet. That one sounds like he's bad-off, as well.
Bet your kinds are a mess...

Thatís my opinion.

The Nice Mean Man




http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=28398028

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
October 22nd 08, 09:20 AM
On Oct 19, 8:25*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. *For the most part
> she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for a
> couple times (it used to be daily).
>
> The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
> has to be a break. *Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
> behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?

Why in the HELL did you put your cat on an anti-depressant? Did it
tell you it was feeling sick in the head? How did you know? LOL....!!
This just keeps getting better and better.
YOU must be the sick one. You probably have projected your own
sickness on to your pet (a typical thing for a mental-case to do). Bet
you're on it yourself. If not, then you probably need to be. Because
the first thing you'd do when you straightened out would be to find a
sane vet. That one sounds like he's bad-off, as well.

Bet your kids are a real mess...

Thatís my opinion.


The Nice Mean Man


http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=28398028

cybercat
October 22nd 08, 05:51 PM
"Matthew" > wrote
>> That was kind of my point.
> But I do it with a smile ;-)

You old silver-tongued devil. :)

DWMeowMix
October 22nd 08, 06:02 PM
On Oct 19, 6:25*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. *For the most part
> she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for a
> couple times (it used to be daily).
>
> The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
> has to be a break. *Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
> behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?

Christie, being of a more natural, holistic bent myself, I don't
believe in synthetic medications on animals (or me for that matter!)
except in critical or life threatening situations. All medications
that are available now had their start in nature. That being said, I
tend to look for another way. So, if a medication is necessary look
for an herbal equivalent. It's less invasive to the body and will do
the same thing, it just may take a little longer to take effect but
herbal medicines will not cause cancers, liver/kidney failure, and
other problems down the line.

But first, look for the CAUSE of kitty's behavior. Inappropriate
peeing is an attention getting way for kitty to tell you somethings
wrong. Whether it be brought on by stress (environment changes like
another new kitty, baby, boyfriend, person, moved furniture, litter
boxes, food bowls, change in litter...and so on) or illness. If she
doesn't like the new litter, change it. Stress can be helped using
Feliway spray and diffuser and Rescue Remedy. I personally have had
great success with Feliway & Rescue Remedy so I recommend it highly.
Many of the people I connect with in rescue work also use these
remedys with success. And from the sounds of it, you've already taken
her/him to the vet.

I had one kitty that sprayed (because of new rescued kitty in the
house) and one that just didn't seem to want to poop in the box. Both
problems have been eliminated after a thorough cleaning of the area
with Nature's Miracle (cleaner that breaks down the stinky enzymes)
and the Feliway with Rescue Remedy rubbed on their ears, drops in the
mouth or put in water.

Hope this helps!
DWMeowMix

Christie[_2_]
October 23rd 08, 12:51 AM
Finally someone with good input instead of criticisms. I didn't mention,
but we have 6 cats all from shelters, all around the same average age of 9
or 10 years old. They all have been with us for more than three years.
So it isn't like we have a new pet in the house (also no new people,
children, furniture, other pets she wasn't used to). We have had blood work
on Penny, we have ruled out anything medical. We have been racking our
brains over this for six months prior to us considering a prescription
medication.

We use Nature's Miracle and have three cat boxes that we keep the areas very
clean (especially taking into account that we have six of them). We have
tried many different litters. We have tried Feliway diffusers and also
spray. In fact, if you came into my house you would see sections of paper
towels taped to various walls with Feliway sprayed on them. These places
being spots that Penny likes to pee. And another thing, it isn't a full
pee, just always like she is spraying, but she is a female. I haven't tried
Rescue Remedy for her, though I am familiar with the product. So unless
someone has another suggestion, that is all I can see to try. You mentioned
rubbed on their ears. What does that do? I thought this was just a natural
product that is ingested.

Christie[_2_]
October 23rd 08, 12:53 AM
"The Nice Mean Man" > wrote in message
>
>Bet your kids are a real mess...


No, unfortunately my husband and I cannot have kids.

Thanks for that.

blkcatgal
October 23rd 08, 04:57 AM
Geez, Christie. I thought I gave you some good advice. I have lots of
experience with using prozac with my cats. I currently have 2 cats on
prozac due to aggressive behavior.

Just FYI, I have tried both Rescue Remedy and Feliway and neither was very
helpful. I'm not saying you shouldn't try it, you should because I know
there are lots of people who swear by this stuff, I'm just sharing my
experience with it with you.

S.

"Christie" > wrote in message
...
> Finally someone with good input instead of criticisms. I didn't mention,
> but we have 6 cats all from shelters, all around the same average age of 9
> or 10 years old. They all have been with us for more than three years.
> So it isn't like we have a new pet in the house (also no new people,
> children, furniture, other pets she wasn't used to). We have had blood
> work on Penny, we have ruled out anything medical. We have been racking
> our brains over this for six months prior to us considering a prescription
> medication.
>
> We use Nature's Miracle and have three cat boxes that we keep the areas
> very clean (especially taking into account that we have six of them). We
> have tried many different litters. We have tried Feliway diffusers and
> also spray. In fact, if you came into my house you would see sections of
> paper towels taped to various walls with Feliway sprayed on them. These
> places being spots that Penny likes to pee. And another thing, it isn't a
> full pee, just always like she is spraying, but she is a female. I
> haven't tried Rescue Remedy for her, though I am familiar with the
> product. So unless someone has another suggestion, that is all I can see
> to try. You mentioned rubbed on their ears. What does that do? I
> thought this was just a natural product that is ingested.
>
>
>
>

DWMeowMix
October 23rd 08, 08:01 PM
On Oct 22, 5:51*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
>We have had blood work on Penny, we have ruled out anything medical.


Christie, far be it for me to argue with your vet, but it sounds more
and more like a urinary track infection. UTI's are not always
diagnosable through blood work alone. The vet needs to do a
urinalysis.

From http://www.vetinfo4cats.com/caturinary.html#Improper%20urination%20-%20medical%20or%20behavioral

"The first step is to check a urinalysis, fecal exam if stool soiling
is a problem, complete blood count (CBC) and chemistry panel. If this
lab work does not identify a problem it is more likely that a
behavioral problem exists than a medical one. There is no easy way
around this testing. It almost has to be viewed as the minimal
database necessary to start ruling out medical problems. Most of the
time it is possible to obtain urine by cystocentesis, which is
withdrawing a small amount of urine from the bladder directly with a
small gauge needle and a syringe. This helps a lot in cats since clean
urine can be hard to obtain. In some cases it is advisable to do other
testing such as X-rays, testing for feline leukemia virus,
hyperthyroidism or other more specialized tests as indicated by the
physical exam and the original labwork. "

Not to be crass but here's a good link on everything to do with cat
pee: http://www.vetinfo4cats.com/caturinary.html

I know it's alot of reading but it's the only way I can think of to
help you narrow down your problem. YOU CANNOT COUNT ON A VET'S
OPINION ALONE! There has been many, many times I've questioned one
vets opinion and formed opinions and questions of my own (done this
with cars too!) just by reading and questioning. Sometimes it gives
the vet a prod and a different viewpoint on things he/she may not have
considered or not seen in the same vein as how you are looking at it.
If your vet isn't receptive to questioning or suggestions, you need a
new vet.

On the flip side, with multiple cats it could very well be
territorial. Spraying territories is not limited to males!


>You mentioned rubbed on their ears. What does that do? I thought this was just a natural
> product that is ingested.

It's just a different, more pleasant and more immediate method of
delivery. Instead of waiting for the cat to drink or forcing it down
their throats with an eye dropper, you can just rub in on their
foreheads or back of the ears to make it a pleasant experience both
for the cat and for you.

That's all I have for now...
DWMeowMix

Christie[_2_]
October 24th 08, 01:20 AM
"blkcatgal" > wrote ...
> Geez, Christie. I thought I gave you some good advice. I have lots of
> experience with using prozac with my cats. I currently have 2 cats on
> prozac due to aggressive behavior.
>
> Just FYI, I have tried both Rescue Remedy and Feliway and neither was very
> helpful. I'm not saying you shouldn't try it, you should because I know
> there are lots of people who swear by this stuff, I'm just sharing my
> experience with it with you.


I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge your message. Thank you. Tried Feliway, but
not RR. I support I could try both at the same time. It's about all I have
left to try, I guess.

Christie[_2_]
October 24th 08, 01:22 AM
DWMeowMix I will read the links and speak to my vet before I refill her next
bottle of Prozac.

Thank you.

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
October 24th 08, 09:13 AM
On Oct 22, 7:53*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> "The Nice Mean Man" > wrote in message
>
>
>
> >Bet your kids are a real mess...
>
> No, unfortunately my husband and I cannot have kids.
>
> Thanks for that.

I'm sure they would thank you, too.

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
October 24th 08, 09:15 AM
On Oct 23, 8:22*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> DWMeowMix I will read the links and speak to my vet before I refill her next
> bottle of Prozac.
>
> Thank you.

This is beyond belief. Beyond the ****ing beyond. How can you be
serious? It's a cat, for Christ's sake!

How do yo know it's depressed?

DWMeowMix
October 24th 08, 02:49 PM
On Oct 23, 6:22*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> DWMeowMix I will read the links and speak to my vet before I refill her next
> bottle of Prozac.
>
> Thank you.

Well, good luck Christie. I'd be interested in knowing what
ultimately happens when you and the vet figure this all out. Keep us
posted will you?

DWMeowMix

Christie[_2_]
October 25th 08, 01:19 AM
"The Nice Mean Man" > wrote
>
>How do yo know it's depressed?


If you weren't so ignorant you would know it is not just for depression, but
judging from your ever-so-intelligent comments you wouldn't know any better.
Prozac is used to treat major depressive disorder, panic disorders and
obsessive-compulsive disorder among other things. I would believe more so
at this point, that my cat has a form of OCD and that it is not
environmental such as where she lives or the other animals she is around.

Christie[_2_]
October 25th 08, 01:20 AM
I hate to hate people, but some people like you, should just drop dead and
we'd all be better off.

Christie[_2_]
October 25th 08, 01:23 AM
"DWMeowMix" > wrote
>Well, good luck Christie. I'd be interested in knowing what
>ultimately happens when you and the vet figure this all out. Keep us
>posted will you?


Sure thing. But I've said all I'm going to say to that jerk in this group.
I'll let you know if I hit upon something that works.

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
October 25th 08, 04:48 PM
On Oct 24, 8:19*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> "The Nice Mean Man" > wrote
>
>
>
> >How do yo know it's depressed?
>
> If you weren't so ignorant you would know it is not just for depression, but
> judging from your ever-so-intelligent comments you wouldn't know any better.
> Prozac is used to treat major depressive disorder, panic disorders and
> obsessive-compulsive disorder among other things. *I would believe more so
> at this point, that my cat has a form of OCD and that it is not
> environmental such as where she lives or the other animals she is around.

If you weren't such a 21st century MORON, then you'd know that they
don't even know HOW or WHY that stuff actually works on humans, let
alone what it can do to an animal's brain. It's people like you...
those little SHEEP out there who trip head over heels into the world
of stylish stupidity.. It's YOU people who line up for all the fads
in life. That's fine if you want to be a nut, but why must you take
your helpless pet with you? All cats have OCD, you stupid little fool!
They bathe themselves constantly. They rub and scent-mark constantly..
Even when they're the only frigging cat in the house. The feel they
must constantly 'greet' you when re-entering a room (by 'cheeking').
YOU'RE the frigging one with OCD! Only a mentally ill person would
assume that a CAT had OCD!
Please tell me... for the sake of MY children... that you do not
VOTE.

DWMeowMix
October 27th 08, 02:53 PM
On Oct 24, 6:23*pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> "DWMeowMix" > wrote
>
> >Well, good luck Christie. *I'd be interested in knowing what
> >ultimately happens when you and the vet figure this all out. *Keep us
> >posted will you?
>
> Sure thing. *But I've said all I'm going to say to that jerk in this group.
> I'll let you know if I hit upon something that works.

Excellent. I just kill file those jerks. That way I don't have to
read their lunatic rantings and can actually have a decent
conversation with someone who isn't out to just bash other people or
make others feel bad. :-)

DWMeowMix

Stampir
October 30th 08, 07:44 PM
"Christie" > wrote in message
...
>I hate to hate people, but some people like you, should just drop dead and
>we'd all be better off.
>

I'd agree w/that -- this guy's been a right ******* from the get-go.

Stampir
October 30th 08, 07:45 PM
"The Nice Mean Man" > wrote in message
...
On Oct 24, 8:19 pm, "Christie" > wrote:
> "The Nice Mean Man" > wrote
>
>
>
> >How do yo know it's depressed?
>
> If you weren't so ignorant you would know it is not just for depression,
> but
> judging from your ever-so-intelligent comments you wouldn't know any
> better.
> Prozac is used to treat major depressive disorder, panic disorders and
> obsessive-compulsive disorder among other things. I would believe more so
> at this point, that my cat has a form of OCD and that it is not
> environmental such as where she lives or the other animals she is around.

If you weren't such a 21st century MORON, then you'd know that they
don't even know HOW or WHY that stuff actually works on humans, let
alone what it can do to an animal's brain. It's people like you...
those little SHEEP out there who trip head over heels into the world
of stylish stupidity.. It's YOU people who line up for all the fads
in life. That's fine if you want to be a nut, but why must you take
your helpless pet with you? All cats have OCD, you stupid little fool!
They bathe themselves constantly. They rub and scent-mark constantly..
Even when they're the only frigging cat in the house. The feel they
must constantly 'greet' you when re-entering a room (by 'cheeking').
YOU'RE the frigging one with OCD! Only a mentally ill person would
assume that a CAT had OCD!
Please tell me... for the sake of MY children... that you do not
VOTE.

*************************
Are you a vetinarian?

The Nice Mean Man[_2_]
October 31st 08, 06:10 AM
On Oct 30, 2:45*pm, "Stampir" > wrote:
> "The Nice Mean Man" > wrote in ...
> On Oct 24, 8:19 pm, "Christie" > wrote:
>
> > "The Nice Mean Man" > wrote
>
> > >How do yo know it's depressed?
>
> > If you weren't so ignorant you would know it is not just for depression,
> > but
> > judging from your ever-so-intelligent comments you wouldn't know any
> > better.
> > Prozac is used to treat major depressive disorder, panic disorders and
> > obsessive-compulsive disorder among other things. I would believe more so
> > at this point, that my cat has a form of OCD and that it is not
> > environmental such as where she lives or the other animals she is around.
>
> If you weren't such a 21st century MORON, then you'd know that they
> don't even know HOW or WHY that stuff actually works on humans, let
> alone what it can do to an animal's brain. It's people like you...
> those little SHEEP out there who trip head over heels into the world
> of stylish stupidity.. *It's YOU people who line up for all the fads
> in life. That's fine if you want to be a nut, but why must you take
> your helpless pet with you? All cats have OCD, you stupid little fool!
> They bathe themselves constantly. They rub and scent-mark constantly..
> Even when they're the only frigging cat in the house. The feel they
> must constantly 'greet' you when re-entering a room (by 'cheeking').
> YOU'RE the frigging one with OCD! Only a mentally ill person would
> assume that a CAT had OCD!
> *Please tell me... for the sake of MY children... that you do not
> VOTE.
>
> *************************
> Are you a vetinarian?

Is her veterinarian a psychiatrists?

Christie[_2_]
November 1st 08, 04:57 PM
Stampir,

Drop dead before election day, please.

Christie[_2_]
November 1st 08, 04:57 PM
The Nice Mean Man,

I've already wishes you drop dead. I see it hasn't worked yet.

Stampir
November 3rd 08, 05:40 PM
"Christie" > wrote in message
...
> Stampir,
>
> Drop dead before election day, please.
>

Just FYI, my comments were directed at the nice, mean man not you!

cybercat
November 3rd 08, 06:29 PM
"Stampir" > wrote in message
...
> "Christie" > wrote in message
> ...
>> Stampir,
>>
>> Drop dead before election day, please.
>>
>
> Just FYI, my comments were directed at the nice, mean man not you!
>
I knew that.

John Doe
August 13th 09, 02:57 AM
"Matthew" <iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com> wrote:

> "Christie" <phurrballs yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
>>> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
>>> pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
>>> several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
>>> easier.
>>
>>
>> By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
>> things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
>> this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone isn't
>> as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by
>> such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a
>> pat on the back.
>>
>>
>>
>
> Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here every
> month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of taking a
> few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups discussion or
> doing a find through outlook express as you are using. They jump and ask
> the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3 current threads about
> this going on in this group about this.

If you really thought that, Matted, you could simply have pressed
the Ignore Thread key. But you enjoy watching JudgeMental
insult/praise others under the pretense of kindness to animals, so
you always defend her.


















>
>
>
> Path: news.astraweb.com!border2.newsrouter.astraweb.com! indigo.octanews.net!news-out.octanews.net!mauve.octanews.net!209.197.12.246 .MISMATCH!nx02.iad.newshosting.com!newshosting.com !69.16.185.51.MISMATCH!tmp-post01.iad!news.highwinds-media.com!not-for-mail
> From: "Matthew" <iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <keQKk.11710$4u2.11688 newsfe01.iad> <gdh3g9$2b7$1 registered.motzarella.org> <MEtLk.12820$Ai5.397 newsfe13.iad>
> Subject: Re: can on Prozac for inapprop peeing
> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:57:21 -0400
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
> X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
> Lines: 29
> Message-ID: <48fe7a5e$0$4861$9a6e19ea unlimited.newshosting.com>
> Organization: Newshosting.com - Highest quality at a great price! www.newshosting.com
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 72.189.107.90
> X-Complaints-To: abuse newshosting.com
>
>

cyberpurrs
August 13th 09, 03:07 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
> "Matthew" <iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com> wrote:
>
>> "Christie" <phurrballs yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>>> It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us
>>>> a
>>>> break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
>>>> pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
>>>> several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
>>>> easier.
>>>
>>>
>>> By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
>>> things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
>>> this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone
>>> isn't
>>> as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by
>>> such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a
>>> pat on the back.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here
>> every
>> month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of taking a
>> few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups discussion
>> or
>> doing a find through outlook express as you are using. They jump and
>> ask
>> the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3 current threads about
>> this going on in this group about this.
>
> If you really thought that, Matted, you could simply have pressed
> the Ignore Thread key. But you enjoy watching JudgeMental
> insult/praise others under the pretense of kindness to animals, so
> you always defend her.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>> Path:
>> news.astraweb.com!border2.newsrouter.astraweb.com! indigo.octanews.net!news-out.octanews.net!mauve.octanews.net!209.197.12.246 .MISMATCH!nx02.iad.newshosting.com!newshosting.com !69.16.185.51.MISMATCH!tmp-post01.iad!news.highwinds-media.com!not-for-mail
>> From: "Matthew" <iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com>
>> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>> References: <keQKk.11710$4u2.11688 newsfe01.iad> <gdh3g9$2b7$1
>> registered.motzarella.org> <MEtLk.12820$Ai5.397 newsfe13.iad>
>> Subject: Re: can on Prozac for inapprop peeing
>> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:57:21 -0400
>> X-Priority: 3
>> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
>> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
>> X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
>> Lines: 29
>> Message-ID: <48fe7a5e$0$4861$9a6e19ea unlimited.newshosting.com>
>> Organization: Newshosting.com - Highest quality at a great price!
>> www.newshosting.com
>> NNTP-Posting-Host: 72.189.107.90
>> X-Complaints-To: abuse newshosting.com
>>
>>
>

Put your little stiffy back into your greasy pants, Mark. If you don't like
what I have to say, killfile me.

John Doe
August 13th 09, 03:28 AM
"cyberpurrs" > wrote:

> Put your little stiffy back into your greasy pants, Mark. If you
> don't like what I have to say, killfile me.

You are an easy target, JudgeMental, I would never kill file you.

cyberpurrs
August 13th 09, 03:56 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
> "cyberpurrs" > wrote:
>
>> Put your little stiffy back into your greasy pants, Mark. If you
>> don't like what I have to say, killfile me.
>
> You are an easy target, JudgeMental, I would never kill file you.

Well, okay, Mark. Carry on. But do try to keep your little stiffy in your
pants. Meanwhile, I like how you are the only one who posts to free.usenet
except those you involve by crossposting. You're thinking you'll free Usenet
from everyone who disagrees with you, eh? Good luck, monkeyboy.

cybercat
August 13th 09, 09:47 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
> "cyberpurrs" > wrote:
>
>> Put your little stiffy back into your greasy pants, Mark. If you
>> don't like what I have to say, killfile me.
>
> You are an easy target, JudgeMental, I would never kill file you.

You're a funny guy, BENDER.