PDA

View Full Version : Sal's big day

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 21st 08, 08:21 AM
Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I certainly
won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is making my big male
feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox needs changing every few days
so that I can breathe through my nose. So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and
seems to have discovered the comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8
pounds of kitten can take up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course
worried about the surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the
first time I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?

Paul

dgk
October 21st 08, 01:11 PM
On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:21:14 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I certainly
>won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is making my big male
>feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox needs changing every few days
>so that I can breathe through my nose. So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and
>seems to have discovered the comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8
>pounds of kitten can take up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course
>worried about the surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the
>first time I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
>pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?
>
>Paul

None of my cats every complained afterwards nor even seemed to know
that anything was done. The girls have a tougher time but it's still
the anesthesia that bothers them.

Rene S.
October 21st 08, 02:33 PM
The boys hardly seem to notice IME. They don't even need stitches. Sal
should be running around in no time.

Paul M. Cook[_2_]
October 21st 08, 04:01 PM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I certainly
> won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is making my big
> male feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox needs changing every
> few days so that I can breathe through my nose. So he's grown a lot in 6
> weeks and seems to have discovered the comforts of a bed. He's taking it
> over. 8 pounds of kitten can take up an entire bed, go figure. So I am
> of course worried about the surgery even though I know things will be OK.
> This is the first time I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they
> came to me pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?

Just dropped him off - man did he fight me. I have a feeling he knew
something was up. He has gained a whole pound and a half in only 4 weeks -
from 7 to 8.5 pounds. That is amazing - he's going to be a big cat. But
now I get to worry all day. If this is like the last time he'll curse me
for a whole week.

Paul

cybercat
October 21st 08, 05:09 PM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote

> Just dropped him off - man did he fight me. I have a feeling he knew
> something was up.

He just smelled "vet." He's not nearly as emotionally attached to his nuts
as you are to yours.

Lesley
October 21st 08, 05:29 PM
On 21 Oct, 00:21, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
.. *Do they feel much pain from it?

When my friend Mick had his cat Sam done he says a few hours after Sam
got back from the vets he was having a wash and when he got to his
rear end- he stopped, looked as if to say "Huh? I am sure there was
something there before!" then went on with his washing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Bobblespin
October 21st 08, 06:16 PM
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
:

> Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I
> certainly won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is
> making my big male feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox
> needs changing every few days so that I can breathe through my nose.
> So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and seems to have discovered the
> comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8 pounds of kitten can take
> up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course worried about the
> surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the first time
> I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
> pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?
>
> Paul

I've had 4 males snipped over the years and not one had a reaction, needed
stitches, or acted differently once fully awake.

Bobble

dejablues[_4_]
October 24th 08, 12:40 AM
"bobblespin" > wrote in message
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Well today is Sal's surgery. No more nuts for my little nut. I
>> certainly won't miss those little huevos. I suspect his "aroma" is
>> making my big male feel ill at ease. And of course his litterbox
>> needs changing every few days so that I can breathe through my nose.
>> So he's grown a lot in 6 weeks and seems to have discovered the
>> comforts of a bed. He's taking it over. 8 pounds of kitten can take
>> up an entire bed, go figure. So I am of course worried about the
>> surgery even though I know things will be OK. This is the first time
>> I have had a male cat fixed, all other times they came to me
>> pre-snipped. Do they feel much pain from it?
>>
>> Paul
>>

> I've had 4 males snipped over the years and not one had a reaction, needed
> stitches, or acted differently once fully awake.
>
> Bobble

Yea, it's pretty much a non-issue.