PDA

View Full Version : Re: Is my cat sick?

studio
October 24th 08, 05:44 AM
On Oct 23, 6:06*pm, Welsh Dog > wrote:
> Problem is that she has taken to regularly throwing up... often just
> after eating. This might not be as bad as it sounds since our dogs
> clean up after her... except of course unless she has something wrong
> with her.
>
> She doesn't throw up after *every* meal... maybe once a week or so...
> but it's still a concern and we're wondering what we should do about
> it - if anything. Other than this occasional problem... and forgetting
> she's 'house trained' now and then... she's pretty much a healthy
> animal, if skittish.
>
> Should we be worried??

It's not uncommon for cats to throw up once a week, but it should be
monitored as best as possible.

You have to look at the vomit to see if it has fur in it.
If it does; then Petromalt or "hairball formula" cat food should help.

If no fur;
allergic reactions to the food are suspect.
Switch brands, or change her diet.

Welsh Dog
October 25th 08, 12:16 AM
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:44:14 -0700 (PDT), studio >
wrote:
>On Oct 23, 6:06*pm, Welsh Dog > wrote:

<snip>

>> Should we be worried??

>It's not uncommon for cats to throw up once a week, but it should be
>monitored as best as possible.

>You have to look at the vomit to see if it has fur in it.
>If it does; then Petromalt or "hairball formula" cat food should help.

>If no fur;
>allergic reactions to the food are suspect.
>Switch brands, or change her diet.

Tried switching brands... and varieties with the same brand and she
was worse then ever!

Welshdog
--

News and views... for people like youse!!

Australian Opinion
(http://australianopinion.com)

Not as strange as it looks!