PDA

View Full Version : My mothers cat

Steve Touchstone
November 4th 04, 05:56 AM
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:36:38 -0600, "dhelderman"
> wrote:

>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
>18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
>eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
>shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
>answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
>She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
>again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
>know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
>way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
>she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
>when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
>old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
>and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
>die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.

Sending purrs for Maggie's kidneys, and hugs and purrs for the rest of
the family
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

Steve Touchstone
November 4th 04, 05:56 AM
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:36:38 -0600, "dhelderman"
> wrote:

>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
>18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
>eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
>shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
>answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
>She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
>again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
>know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
>way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
>she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
>when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
>old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
>and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
>die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.

Sending purrs for Maggie's kidneys, and hugs and purrs for the rest of
the family
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/index.html

dhelderman
November 4th 04, 06:36 AM
[...]

DHelderman

Yoj
November 4th 04, 07:34 AM
Purrs for Maggie, your mother, and you.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
> [...]

cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby
and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs
maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy
old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still
remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top
of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to
mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
November 4th 04, 07:48 AM
I too have a cat with kidneys on the way out, so I understand what your mum is
going through. Many purrs on the way.

If it helps, this is what I do with Francis, my cat with kidney problems and he
is thriving, all things considered: -

Francis won't eat the special food from the vet, designed for cats with kidney
problems, but he will eat cat food for "senior" cats, so I'm giving him that.
At least it is partially designed for the older kidney (less phosphorus), so
it's better than nothing, so to speak. Plus, Francis gets a beta-blocker tablet
every morning, to lessen the strain on the heart that kidney problems cause -
and they are *excellent*. Plus, access at all times to plenty of fresh water.

As I say, my Francis is *himself* - and although I know he's not going to be
around as long as I would like, whatever time he has left, long or short, is of
good quality. The way he acts, he has no intention of shuffling off this mortal
coil any time soon :-)

I hope Maggie fares well too.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

[...]

November 4th 04, 08:03 AM
I'm glad Francis is doing so well, and that you've found something he'll
eat. When Skeeter was going downhill fast, she wouldn't eat. The
doctor said getting her to eat was more important than what she ate.
I'm sure that's true with Francis too. It sounds as though you've found
a good compromise. Purrs for the two of you to have lots of happy,
quality time together.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" > wrote
in message ...
> [...]

beta-blocker tablet
> every morning, to lessen the strain on the heart that kidney problems
cause -
> and they are *excellent*. Plus, access at all times to plenty of fresh
water.

> As I say, my Francis is *himself* - and although I know he's not going
to be
> around as long as I would like, whatever time he has left, long or
short, is of
> good quality. The way he acts, he has no intention of shuffling off
this mortal
> coil any time soon :-)
>
> I hope Maggie fares well too.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
> to get correct one remove fame & fortune
> **$om $
>
> --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is

Karen Chuplis
November 4th 04, 12:01 PM
in article , dhelderman at
wrote on 11/4/04 12:36AM:

> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs for Maggie and purrs for your Mom. It's tough when they get older.

Karen Chuplis
November 4th 04, 12:01 PM
in article , dhelderman at
wrote on 11/4/04 12:36AM:

> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs for Maggie and purrs for your Mom. It's tough when they get older.

Helen Wheels
November 4th 04, 12:29 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs and good thoughts on their way for Maggie and your mum. Even at
that age, kidney disease is manageable, as I found when my 19-year old
was diagnosed. He had another two years with me and they were really
good years. Here's hoping your mum and Maggie have the same.

Helen Wheels
November 4th 04, 12:29 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs and good thoughts on their way for Maggie and your mum. Even at
that age, kidney disease is manageable, as I found when my 19-year old
was diagnosed. He had another two years with me and they were really
good years. Here's hoping your mum and Maggie have the same.

Marina
November 4th 04, 01:40 PM
dhelderman wrote:

> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.

Purrs are heading over for Maggie. Can your mother get her special
kidney food? Or any senior-cat food, like Helen mentioned. I'm not sure
baby food is very good for Maggie, since it may contain a lot of
vegetables that are hard for her kidneys to deal with.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina
November 4th 04, 01:40 PM
dhelderman wrote:

> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.

Purrs are heading over for Maggie. Can your mother get her special
kidney food? Or any senior-cat food, like Helen mentioned. I'm not sure
baby food is very good for Maggie, since it may contain a lot of
vegetables that are hard for her kidneys to deal with.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

CatNipped
November 4th 04, 02:00 PM
Purrs are on their way - I have a "Maggie" (Bandit is our grouchy old lady)
at home too, and I know how your mom would feel if anything were to happen
to her.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

CatNipped
November 4th 04, 02:00 PM
Purrs are on their way - I have a "Maggie" (Bandit is our grouchy old lady)
at home too, and I know how your mom would feel if anything were to happen
to her.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

jmcquown
November 4th 04, 02:01 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.
> Maggie is 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years.
> Last week she quit eating and drinking and the vet said she was old
> and her kidneys were shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn
> wouldn't take that as an answer) brought maggie home and gave her her
> water and fed her baby food. She is doing better now, eating
> drinking and beating up the other cats again. But i'm scared that
> she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I know it would kill
> her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies way I would
> greatly appreciate it.
> DHelderman

Mega-purrs for Maggie, your mom and you.

Jill

jmcquown
November 4th 04, 02:01 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.
> Maggie is 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years.
> Last week she quit eating and drinking and the vet said she was old
> and her kidneys were shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn
> wouldn't take that as an answer) brought maggie home and gave her her
> water and fed her baby food. She is doing better now, eating
> drinking and beating up the other cats again. But i'm scared that
> she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I know it would kill
> her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies way I would
> greatly appreciate it.
> DHelderman

Mega-purrs for Maggie, your mom and you.

Jill

Victor Martinez
November 4th 04, 02:11 PM
Lots of purrs on the way. Your mom might want to consider another vet,
one who would help her manage Maggie's condition to give her as long a
happy life as possible.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam here:

Victor Martinez
November 4th 04, 02:11 PM
Lots of purrs on the way. Your mom might want to consider another vet,
one who would help her manage Maggie's condition to give her as long a
happy life as possible.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam here:
Email me here:

O J
November 4th 04, 03:21 PM
D Helderman wrote:

>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
>18 years old and just now starting to feel her years.
---------------------<snip>----------------------

Here's hoping that Maggie has some good times left and that a change
in her regimen will do the trick. Purrs for your mom too -- someone
with a sick kitty needs them.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

O J
November 4th 04, 03:21 PM
D Helderman wrote:

>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
>18 years old and just now starting to feel her years.
---------------------<snip>----------------------

Here's hoping that Maggie has some good times left and that a change
in her regimen will do the trick. Purrs for your mom too -- someone
with a sick kitty needs them.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Christina Websell
November 4th 04, 03:28 PM
Lots of improvement in health purrs coming from England.
Tweed

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Christina Websell
November 4th 04, 03:28 PM
Lots of improvement in health purrs coming from England.
Tweed

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

mlbriggs
November 4th 04, 05:15 PM
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:36:38 -0600, dhelderman wrote:

> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

We certainly will purr for Maggie to have more birthdays that will be
healthy and happy. Best wishes. MLB

mlbriggs
November 4th 04, 05:15 PM
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:36:38 -0600, dhelderman wrote:

> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

We certainly will purr for Maggie to have more birthdays that will be
healthy and happy. Best wishes. MLB

Christine Burel
November 4th 04, 05:24 PM
Many purrs for Maggie -- does the vet think that subcutaneous fluids might
help her?
Christine
"dhelderman" > wrote in message
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Christine Burel
November 4th 04, 05:24 PM
Many purrs for Maggie -- does the vet think that subcutaneous fluids might
help her?
Christine
"dhelderman" > wrote in message
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Exocat
November 4th 04, 06:58 PM
Yes indeed: purrs for Maggie to resist the onset of old age for as
long as possible, and for your Mom to gradually come round to accept
the sadly inevitable and revel in the happy memories of their life
together rather than the pain of loss.

Best wishes

Gordon & the TT

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"dhelderman" > wrote

>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.

Exocat
November 4th 04, 06:58 PM
Yes indeed: purrs for Maggie to resist the onset of old age for as
long as possible, and for your Mom to gradually come round to accept
the sadly inevitable and revel in the happy memories of their life
together rather than the pain of loss.

Best wishes

Gordon & the TT

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"dhelderman" > wrote

>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.

Margaret Fine
November 4th 04, 07:50 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs and tail wags for Maggie. It is so hard to have to let go. :-(

--
Margaret Fine

Margaret Fine
November 4th 04, 07:50 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs and tail wags for Maggie. It is so hard to have to let go. :-(

--
Margaret Fine

polonca12000
November 4th 04, 10:18 PM
Lots of purrs and best wishes for Maggie's health to continue to improve,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, <snip>

polonca12000
November 4th 04, 10:18 PM
Lots of purrs and best wishes for Maggie's health to continue to improve,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, <snip>

Enfilade
November 4th 04, 11:34 PM
Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me.

Purr, purr, purr, purr froM Canada.

--FIl

Enfilade
November 4th 04, 11:34 PM
Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me.

Purr, purr, purr, purr froM Canada.

--FIl

Elise
November 5th 04, 01:43 AM
"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs on the way for Maggie and your Mom
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
dragonandthistle at snet dot net

Elise
November 5th 04, 01:43 AM
"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs on the way for Maggie and your Mom
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
dragonandthistle at snet dot net

Sam Nash
November 5th 04, 03:41 AM
"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman
Purrs on the way for Maggie's continued improvement. Like we've found many
times on this group, the v*t ain't always right. the power of purr is truly
awesome.
Sam

Sam Nash
November 5th 04, 03:41 AM
"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman
Purrs on the way for Maggie's continued improvement. Like we've found many
times on this group, the v*t ain't always right. the power of purr is truly
awesome.
Sam

Adrian
November 5th 04, 02:58 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.
> Maggie is 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years.
> Last week she quit eating and drinking and the vet said she was old
> and her kidneys were shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn
> wouldn't take that as an answer) brought maggie home and gave her her
> water and fed her baby food. She is doing better now, eating
> drinking and beating up the other cats again. But i'm scared that
> she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I know it would kill
> her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies way I would
> greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady she
> would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still
> remember when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not
> more then 4 weeks old and instead of running her over i had to pray
> and go over the top of her and hope she didn't run under my wheels.
> I keep telling her shes to mean to die. I'm just scared she's really
> sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs for Maggie, with the right diet she could have many more months of
happy life.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Adrian
November 5th 04, 02:58 PM
dhelderman wrote:
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie.
> Maggie is 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years.
> Last week she quit eating and drinking and the vet said she was old
> and her kidneys were shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn
> wouldn't take that as an answer) brought maggie home and gave her her
> water and fed her baby food. She is doing better now, eating
> drinking and beating up the other cats again. But i'm scared that
> she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I know it would kill
> her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies way I would
> greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady she
> would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still
> remember when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not
> more then 4 weeks old and instead of running her over i had to pray
> and go over the top of her and hope she didn't run under my wheels.
> I keep telling her shes to mean to die. I'm just scared she's really
> sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Purrs for Maggie, with the right diet she could have many more months of
happy life.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Singh
November 5th 04, 03:32 PM
Many, many purrs for Maggie and your mama. I've been there; my Fritzie had
kidney troubles. Your mama may want to talk with her vet about a prescription
kidney diet for Maggie, and supplemental fluids given subcutaneously. They can
dramatically improve Maggie's quality of life.

Blessed be,
Baha

dhelderman wrote:

> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and I
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4 weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean to
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>
> DHelderman

Flippy
November 6th 04, 08:58 AM
Of course. Purrs are on their way for Maggie.

--
Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

---

Flippy
November 6th 04, 08:58 AM
Of course. Purrs are on their way for Maggie.

--
Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

"dhelderman" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
>is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
> lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
> weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
> her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

---

Jean Hobbs
November 14th 04, 12:42 AM
Ido hope your Moms baby is doing well, still Henri RB was my Baby
and I just know how your mom is feeling.
Purrs and Hugs to Maggie and to your mom
Jean.P.

dhelderman > wrote in message
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Jean Hobbs
November 14th 04, 12:42 AM
Ido hope your Moms baby is doing well, still Henri RB was my Baby
and I just know how your mom is feeling.
Purrs and Hugs to Maggie and to your mom
Jean.P.

dhelderman > wrote in message
> I was wondering if i could get some purrs for my moms cat Maggie. Maggie
is
> 18 years old and just now starting to feel her years. Last week she quit
> eating and drinking and the vet said she was old and her kidneys were
> shutting down. My mom (who is very stubborn wouldn't take that as an
> answer) brought maggie home and gave her her water and fed her baby food.
> She is doing better now, eating drinking and beating up the other cats
> again. But i'm scared that she might relapse. Maggie is my moms baby and
> know it would kill her to lose her. If everyone could send purrs maggies
> way I would greatly appreciate it. Even though Maggie is a grouchy old
lady
> she would be missed horrible even by me. To this day i can still remember
> when i found her. standing in the middle of the road, not more then 4
weeks
> old and instead of running her over i had to pray and go over the top of
her
> and hope she didn't run under my wheels. I keep telling her shes to mean
> die. I'm just scared she's really sick this time.
>

> DHelderman

Jean Hobbs
November 28th 04, 12:55 AM
I do hope Maggie is still doing ok, I remember when my Henri
was like that I was trying to feed him off my finger, it tears you apart.
Purrs and hugs to your Mother and Maggie, Jean.P.