PDA

View Full Version : Zener Diode

anand
November 4th 08, 01:44 PM
A Zener diode is a type of diode that permits current in the forward
direction like a normal diode, but also in the reverse direction if
the voltage is larger than the breakdown voltage known as "Zener knee
voltage" or "Zener voltage". The device was named after Clarence
Zener, who discovered this electrical property.

http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/zener-diode.html

Stampir
November 5th 08, 08:34 PM
"anand" > wrote in message
>A Zener diode is a type of diode that permits current in the forward
> direction like a normal diode, but also in the reverse direction if
> the voltage is larger than the breakdown voltage known as "Zener knee
> voltage" or "Zener voltage". The device was named after Clarence
> Zener, who discovered this electrical property.
>

> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/zener-diode.html

Do cats frequently use zener diodes or just the regular, one-way kind?

alanr
November 6th 08, 03:10 PM
Cats are A/C waveform of spontaneously varying frequencies depending on
environment and can be rectified to D/C through the use of properly grilled
fish or a nice brushing.

"Stampir" > wrote in message
> "anand" > wrote in message
>>A Zener diode is a type of diode that permits current in the forward
>> direction like a normal diode, but also in the reverse direction if
>> the voltage is larger than the breakdown voltage known as "Zener knee
>> voltage" or "Zener voltage". The device was named after Clarence
>> Zener, who discovered this electrical property.
>>

>> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/zener-diode.html
>>

> Do cats frequently use zener diodes or just the regular, one-way kind?

Stampir
November 6th 08, 09:43 PM
LOL. I never knew cats were so electrical. I've only noticed cats'
electrical
nature on dry, warm days after petting them.

"alanr" > wrote in message
. ..
> Cats are A/C waveform of spontaneously varying frequencies depending on
> environment and can be rectified to D/C through the use of properly
> grilled fish or a nice brushing.
>
> "Stampir" > wrote in message
>> "anand" > wrote in message
>>>A Zener diode is a type of diode that permits current in the forward
>>> direction like a normal diode, but also in the reverse direction if
>>> the voltage is larger than the breakdown voltage known as "Zener knee
>>> voltage" or "Zener voltage". The device was named after Clarence
>>> Zener, who discovered this electrical property.
>>>

>>> http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/zener-diode.html
>>>

>> Do cats frequently use zener diodes or just the regular, one-way kind?

Outsider
November 7th 08, 07:58 PM
wrote in :

> Like a zener, cats are excellent at regulation. Ours helps regulate
> my blood pressure after I've reached my avalanche condition. I would
> go as far as saying she's got the greatest cat's whiskers, but I am
> biased, I'm positive about that. :)

Pull over! You have just exceeded the speed limit of 55 puns per minute
here. You can pull over right after the next junction. If we find you
have been doped we will write a ticket to rectify the situation.

Stampir
November 10th 08, 04:31 PM
"outsider" > wrote in message
> wrote in :
>

>> Like a zener, cats are excellent at regulation. Ours helps regulate
>> my blood pressure after I've reached my avalanche condition. I would
>> go as far as saying she's got the greatest cat's whiskers, but I am
>> biased, I'm positive about that. :)
>

> Pull over! You have just exceeded the speed limit of 55 puns per minute
> here. You can pull over right after the next junction. If we find you
> have been doped we will write a ticket to rectify the situation.

You guys are hilarious.