PDA

View Full Version : New (to us) Canned Food

cybercat
November 8th 08, 06:20 PM
My cats are Fancy Feast nuts, but I am always looking for other quality
foods that are affordable. In my grocery lately, (Kroger) something called
"Brandon Farms Naturals" claiming to be "95% Beef and Liver" or "95 %
Chicken and Liver." It is in 6.5 oz cans, and the ingredients list looks
great. (Not too many chemicals, definitely mostly meat, with Taurine added
and no grains at all. No wheat gluten, either.) Regular price is 2 for
$1.09, on special fifty cents a piece, so this is really a good price.

The cats like it, and it doesn't stink to high heaven like FF!

Anybody else see this around?

MLB
November 8th 08, 06:56 PM
cybercat wrote:
> My cats are Fancy Feast nuts, but I am always looking for other quality
> foods that are affordable. In my grocery lately, (Kroger) something called
> "Brandon Farms Naturals" claiming to be "95% Beef and Liver" or "95 %
> Chicken and Liver." It is in 6.5 oz cans, and the ingredients list looks
> great. (Not too many chemicals, definitely mostly meat, with Taurine added
> and no grains at all. No wheat gluten, either.) Regular price is 2 for
> $1.09, on special fifty cents a piece, so this is really a good price.
>
> The cats like it, and it doesn't stink to high heaven like FF!
>
> Anybody else see this around?

.....and how does the poo smell? With Iams (dry) and FF chicken and
tuna, it is barely noticeable. MLB

cybercat
November 8th 08, 07:32 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> My cats are Fancy Feast nuts, but I am always looking for other quality
>> foods that are affordable. In my grocery lately, (Kroger) something
>> called "Brandon Farms Naturals" claiming to be "95% Beef and Liver" or
>> "95 % Chicken and Liver." It is in 6.5 oz cans, and the ingredients list
>> looks great. (Not too many chemicals, definitely mostly meat, with
>> Taurine added and no grains at all. No wheat gluten, either.) Regular
>> price is 2 for $1.09, on special fifty cents a piece, so this is really a
>> good price.
>>
>> The cats like it, and it doesn't stink to high heaven like FF!
>>
>> Anybody else see this around?
> ....and how does the poo smell? With Iams (dry) and FF chicken and tuna,
> it is barely noticeable. MLB

I never smell poo! We just have two cats and two boxes, though.