PDA

View Full Version : Our New Jungle Gym

CatNipped[_2_]
November 16th 08, 05:48 PM
This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled - much!!!
;>

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Spot[_2_]
November 16th 08, 06:44 PM
My cats would think they died and went to heaven with this.

I'm waiting for the day that Mike retires and we move up to the camp to
live. When that happens my babies are going to get an outside room built
for them and have a jungle gym like this to lounge on. We have no room for
one where we live not but up there we have tons of room.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
> much!!! ;>
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Claude V. Lucas
November 16th 08, 06:53 PM
In article >,
CatNipped > wrote:
>This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled - much!!!
>;>
>
>http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

Congratulations on getting that monster correctly assembled in less than a week.

:^)

Outsider
November 16th 08, 08:03 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in
:

> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
> much!!! ;>
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

I hope those window valances are strong.

cybercat
November 16th 08, 10:07 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
> much!!! ;>
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

That was a total joy to read. :) I am in love with Jessie. They are all so
neat!

CatNipped[_2_]
November 16th 08, 11:53 PM
"Spot" > wrote in message
> My cats would think they died and went to heaven with this.
>
> I'm waiting for the day that Mike retires and we move up to the camp to
> live. When that happens my babies are going to get an outside room built
> for them and have a jungle gym like this to lounge on. We have no room
> for one where we live not but up there we have tons of room.
>
> Celeste

I go tthis house specifically for its size. It's pretty delapidated (we
bought it as a "fixer-upper" but 2 weeks after signing I lost my job), but I
*LOVE* having huge rooms that you don't have to worry about squeezing things
into. Besides, Ben is a pack rat and he needs lots and lots of space. ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

> --
> Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ auctions
> Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip
> http://www.bidnip.com/a.php?id=39019
>
> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
>> much!!! ;>
>>
>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>
>> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

CatNipped[_2_]
November 16th 08, 11:55 PM
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> CatNipped > wrote:
>>This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
>>much!!!
>>;>
>>
>>http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>>

> Congratulations on getting that monster correctly assembled in less than a
> week.
>
> :^)

I thought it might take that long when I saw the pile of pieces - Ben is
*extremely* methodical when he is building something and can't be rushed no
matter how badly I want to see the finished piece. I *died* during every
cigarette break (I'm the "throw it together as quickly as possible" type).
The benefits, however, are that once he does finish something it tends to
stay in one piece for a long, long time.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
November 16th 08, 11:57 PM
"outsider" > wrote in message
> "CatNipped" > wrote in
> :
>
>> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
>> much!!! ;>
>>
>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>>

> I hope those window valances are strong.

Yep, they're nailed down pretty good. I also like this jungle gym because
it's very well made, and it's very sturdy. Besides anchoring one end in the
ceiling, the pieces are heavy enough that they don't tip over even when Ozzy
(13 pounds) comes running full tilt across the great room and hits the tree
about mid-way up, followed by Archer (12 pounds) running after him and
hitting the same spot that Ozzy was in - then both boys scampering/climbing
to the top when Sammy (20 pounds) comes running after them both and hits the
same spot. All of them, including 7.5 pounds Jessie), can run, jump and
climb all across the top of it without it tilting over (Demi doesn't get
that rambunctious, but she can lay in the sun in her soft hammock *almost*
undisturbed while the rest scramble around her).

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 08, 12:01 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
>> much!!! ;>
>>
>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>>

> That was a total joy to read. :) I am in love with Jessie. They are all so
> neat!

Thanks! BTW, it's been a while since I've seen pictures of your two -
you're slacking girlfriend! ;>

Re the jungle gym - I know you have a large house too, so in case you're
interested... I was really surprised at how little it cost (relatively,
anyway, compared to much smaller, more cheaply made cat trees). We got it
on eBay (a "buy now", not a bid) for $289 (you can bid on it too, but that
ends up being more because then they charge you for shipping). We had to
pay taxes because we're in Texas as is the dealer, so it came to $312 - but
that included free overnight FedEx shipping (yay, we didn't have to go pick
up those two large, heavy boxes at the post office!). We bought it online
on Thursday morning and it arrived Saturday morning!

I like this one because, besides being so big, it's really well made, and
it's very sturdy. Besides anchoring one end in the ceiling, the pieces are
heavy enough that they don't tip over even when Ozzy (13 pounds) comes
running full tilt across the great room and hits the tree about mid-way up,
followed by Archer (12 pounds) running after him and hitting the same spot
that Ozzy was in - then both boys scampering/climbing to the top when Sammy
(20 pounds) comes running after them both and hits the same spot. All of
them, including 7.5 pounds Jessie, can run, jump and climb all across the
top of it without it tilting over (Demi doesn't get that rambunctious, but
she can lay in the sun in her soft hammock *almost* undisturbed while the
rest scramble around her).

I also like the soft, fur-like covering better than the normal carpet
covering of most cat trees.

Best buy I ever made - I highly recommend it!

If you are interested, here is the item on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-Cat-Tree-House-Condo-Furniture-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ140281563258QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item140281563258&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1308

or

http://tinyurl.com/6efqb3

Hugs,

CatNipped

Outsider
November 17th 08, 12:21 AM

>> I hope those window valances are strong.
>>

> Yep, they're nailed down pretty good. I also like this jungle gym
> because it's very well made, and it's very sturdy. Besides anchoring
> one end in the ceiling, the pieces are heavy enough that they don't
> tip over even when Ozzy (13 pounds) comes running full tilt across the
> great room and hits the tree about mid-way up, followed by Archer (12
> pounds) running after him and hitting the same spot that Ozzy was in -
> then both boys scampering/climbing to the top when Sammy (20 pounds)
> comes running after them both and hits the same spot. All of them,
> including 7.5 pounds Jessie), can run, jump and climb all across the
> top of it without it tilting over (Demi doesn't get that rambunctious,
> but she can lay in the sun in her soft hammock *almost* undisturbed
> while the rest scramble around her).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

It looks great.

I have a smaller unit which has 1 hammock and after almost a year the
brothers are just checking it out. One of them climbed in for a few
seconds but they have not commited to it yet. If those valances have
tops maybe one of your crew will take a snooze up there and that would be
a great picture.

Andy

CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 08, 12:34 AM
"outsider" > wrote in message

>>> I hope those window valances are strong.
>>>

>> Yep, they're nailed down pretty good. I also like this jungle gym
>> because it's very well made, and it's very sturdy. Besides anchoring
>> one end in the ceiling, the pieces are heavy enough that they don't
>> tip over even when Ozzy (13 pounds) comes running full tilt across the
>> great room and hits the tree about mid-way up, followed by Archer (12
>> pounds) running after him and hitting the same spot that Ozzy was in -
>> then both boys scampering/climbing to the top when Sammy (20 pounds)
>> comes running after them both and hits the same spot. All of them,
>> including 7.5 pounds Jessie), can run, jump and climb all across the
>> top of it without it tilting over (Demi doesn't get that rambunctious,
>> but she can lay in the sun in her soft hammock *almost* undisturbed
>> while the rest scramble around her).
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> It looks great.
>
> I have a smaller unit which has 1 hammock and after almost a year the
> brothers are just checking it out. One of them climbed in for a few
> seconds but they have not commited to it yet. If those valances have
> tops maybe one of your crew will take a snooze up there and that would be
> a great picture.
>
> Andy

No, they don't have tops - they're just a "U" type configuration, but Jessie
has walked across one, balancing like a tight-rope walker.

Jessie and Ozzy in particular love this tree - their previous favorite spot
was the top of the refrigerator, but this perch is higher than that!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Stan Brown
November 17th 08, 03:39 AM
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:48:33 -0600 from CatNipped
>:
> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled - much!!!
> ;>
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
white one with the floppy black ears. :-)

How much did that jungle gym set you back, if you don't mind my
asking?

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Average Joe
November 17th 08, 12:09 PM
Hey CatNipped... I saw the pics of your new Jungle Gym, looks great! I
read in one frame where you mentioned a temporary clock you need to
replace... the link below will take you to a clock site that has the
absolute *purrfect* clock for you! For any cat lover really, but I think it
would fit well in that room... they come in many colors, but you may have to
locate it where the clowder can't swat it!

http://www.kit-cat.com/

Enjoy

CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 08, 04:18 PM
"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
t...
> Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:48:33 -0600 from CatNipped
> >:
>> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
>> much!!!
>> ;>
>>
>> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>
> Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
> white one with the floppy black ears. :-)
>
> How much did that jungle gym set you back, if you don't mind my
> asking?

$289 on eBay - shipping was free, but since we live in the same state as the
dealer we had to pay tax on it so it came to $312. We ordered it on
Thursday morning and it came via FedEx on Saturday morning - not bad for two
huges boxes that weighed over 130 pounds!

Hugs,

CatNipped

> http://OakRoadSystems.com
> Shikata ga nai...

CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 08, 04:19 PM
"Average Joe" > wrote in message

> Hey CatNipped... I saw the pics of your new Jungle Gym, looks great! I
> read in one frame where you mentioned a temporary clock you need to
> replace... the link below will take you to a clock site that has the
> absolute *purrfect* clock for you! For any cat lover really, but I think
> it would fit well in that room... they come in many colors, but you may
> have to locate it where the clowder can't swat it!
>
> http://www.kit-cat.com/
>
> Enjoy

LOL! That is a "purr"fect clock, isn't it?!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
November 17th 08, 05:37 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> Thanks! BTW, it's been a while since I've seen pictures of your two -
> you're slacking girlfriend! ;>

It's true! I will have to work on that!

> Re the jungle gym - I know you have a large house too, so in case you're
> interested... I was really surprised at how little it cost (relatively,
> anyway, compared to much smaller, more cheaply made cat trees). We got it
> on eBay (a "buy now", not a bid) for $289 (you can bid on it too, but that
> ends up being more because then they charge you for shipping). We had to
> pay taxes because we're in Texas as is the dealer, so it came to $312 -
> but that included free overnight FedEx shipping (yay, we didn't have to go
> pick up those two large, heavy boxes at the post office!). We bought it
> online on Thursday morning and it arrived Saturday morning!

You're so smart, I wanted to know how much but thought it would be rude to
ask. I think your price, with shipping, seems fair. I would pay as much as
$500 for this. It's really cool.

cybercat
November 17th 08, 05:49 PM
"Stan Brown" > wrote

> Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
> white one with the floppy black ears. :-)

You ass. That is Catnipped most beautiful cat, in my opinion. And her ears
are not floppy.

cybercat
November 17th 08, 05:51 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Stan Brown" > wrote
>>
>> Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking -- the
>> white one with the floppy black ears. :-)
>>

> You ass. That is Catnipped most beautiful cat, in my opinion. And her ears
> are not floppy.

ahahaha. I thought you were talking about Jessie. I went back and looked and
saw the Snoopy toy. Sorry. I am such a dork.

CatNipped[_2_]
November 17th 08, 08:34 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>> Thanks! BTW, it's been a while since I've seen pictures of your two -
>> you're slacking girlfriend! ;>
>
> It's true! I will have to work on that!
>>
>> Re the jungle gym - I know you have a large house too, so in case you're
>> interested... I was really surprised at how little it cost (relatively,
>> anyway, compared to much smaller, more cheaply made cat trees). We got
>> it on eBay (a "buy now", not a bid) for $289 (you can bid on it too, but
>> that ends up being more because then they charge you for shipping). We
>> had to pay taxes because we're in Texas as is the dealer, so it came to
>> $312 - but that included free overnight FedEx shipping (yay, we didn't
>> have to go pick up those two large, heavy boxes at the post office!). We
>> bought it online on Thursday morning and it arrived Saturday morning!
>>

> You're so smart, I wanted to know how much but thought it would be rude to
> ask. I think your price, with shipping, seems fair. I would pay as much as
> $500 for this. It's really cool.

I don't think you could beat that price anywhere. I was expecting it to be
pretty flimsy and that we'd have to "shore it up" a lot. But it's really
sturdy and well made - pressed wood, of course, but very heavy, and there
are no exposed nails or staples. The bolts they used are very large
diameter (1/4", I think) and long enough (about 6" deep into all the poles)
to really hold the pieces together well. I can't say enough about it - I
was *very* pleasantly surprised by the construction. You know if it can
hold up under my over-sized, rambunctious clowder it can hold up to
anything!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Stampir
November 26th 08, 05:58 AM
Sammi is a BIG cat. Is she a Maine Coon? Although Big Red is
bigger he weighs in at nearly 25 pounds, but he's also overweight.

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
> much!!! ;>
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Stampir
November 26th 08, 06:01 AM
Too big for my tunnel was a funny set of pics.

"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
> much!!! ;>
>
> http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/
>
> --
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped
>
> See all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

John Doe
August 13th 09, 09:43 PM
"cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote:

> "cybercat" <cyberpurrs yahoo.com> wrote
>> "Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown fastmail.fm> wrote

>>> Nice pictures, but one of those cats is really weird looking
>>> -- the white one with the floppy black ears. :-)
>>>

>> You ass. That is Catnipped most beautiful cat, in my opinion.
>> And her ears are not floppy.
>
> ahahaha. I thought you were talking about Jessie. I went back
> and looked and saw the Snoopy toy. Sorry. I am such a dork.

You got that right, JudgeMental.