PDA

View Full Version : Puking Cats PLEASE HELP!!

Jannie
November 20th 08, 03:49 AM
I know, I know, everyone has a puking cat story, but this is getting
out of hand at my house. I have two 9 year old sisters. Eilish has
been a puker her whole life. Greta just started puking this year,
lots and lots of food, about every other time she ate. Both of them
seen TOTALLY healthy and normal besides the puking thing. Anyway I
decided to change their diet after 9 years, they ate Iams Diet food
(dry) and I just switched to BG (Before Grain) dry food, no
preservatives or grains. Well after a week of mixing it with their
other food, Greta the new puker has only had one incident!! This is
great news, I felt like the change of food was good for her. However
Eilish is vomiting (I will switch from puke to vomit now), more then
ever. Not only food, but bile. She has always had a sensitive
stomach and eats fast and really likes this food, so I can see her
throwing up the food, but she is also vomiting the bile in between
feedings.

So I thought well perhaps I should go a different route with the food
and get food for sensitive stomachs. My question is...........are
there any goods one out there, what experiences have you had, any
suggestions.

PLEASE, I would appreciate any reviews. Thanks.........

Crow[_2_]
November 20th 08, 05:05 AM
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:49:51 -0800, Jannie wrote:

> I know, I know, everyone has a puking cat story, but this is getting out
> of hand at my house. I have two 9 year old sisters. Eilish has been a
> puker her whole life. Greta just started puking this year, lots and
> lots of food, about every other time she ate. Both of them seen TOTALLY
> healthy and normal besides the puking thing. Anyway I decided to change
> their diet after 9 years, they ate Iams Diet food (dry) and I just
> switched to BG (Before Grain) dry food, no preservatives or grains.
> Well after a week of mixing it with their other food, Greta the new
> puker has only had one incident!! This is great news, I felt like the
> change of food was good for her. However Eilish is vomiting (I will
> switch from puke to vomit now), more then ever. Not only food, but
> bile. She has always had a sensitive stomach and eats fast and really
> likes this food, so I can see her throwing up the food, but she is also
> vomiting the bile in between feedings.
>
> So I thought well perhaps I should go a different route with the food
> and get food for sensitive stomachs. My question is...........are there
> any goods one out there, what experiences have you had, any suggestions.
>
> PLEASE, I would appreciate any reviews. Thanks.........

Both cats require vet care ASAP. Esp. Eilish

Crow

---MIKE---
November 20th 08, 01:24 PM
Try feeding canned food twice a day. Some cats are gluttons and eat too
much too fast. Feed each cat half a can (6 oz) and after 15 or 20
minutes give them the other half (if they want it). Make sure that the
greedy one doesn't steal from the other ones dish.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Rene S.
November 20th 08, 02:57 PM
First, please take both cats to the vet. The frequency of vomiting and
the bile in the vomit is not normal and you need to rule out medical
issues.

Also, I would agree with Mike in saying that a grain-free canned food
would be better for both of them. Here's an article on feline
nutrition you should read: http://www.catinfo.org/

-L.
November 22nd 08, 03:29 AM
On Nov 19, 6:49 pm, Jannie > wrote:
> I know, I know, everyone has a puking cat story, but this is getting
> out of hand at my house. I have two 9 year old sisters. Eilish has
> been a puker her whole life. Greta just started puking this year,
> lots and lots of food, about every other time she ate. Both of them
> seen TOTALLY healthy and normal besides the puking thing. Anyway I
> decided to change their diet after 9 years, they ate Iams Diet food
> (dry) and I just switched to BG (Before Grain) dry food, no
> preservatives or grains. Well after a week of mixing it with their
> other food, Greta the new puker has only had one incident!! This is
> great news, I felt like the change of food was good for her. However
> Eilish is vomiting (I will switch from puke to vomit now), more then
> ever. Not only food, but bile. She has always had a sensitive
> stomach and eats fast and really likes this food, so I can see her
> throwing up the food, but she is also vomiting the bile in between
> feedings.
>
> So I thought well perhaps I should go a different route with the food
> and get food for sensitive stomachs. My question is...........are
> there any goods one out there, what experiences have you had, any
> suggestions.
>
> PLEASE, I would appreciate any reviews. Thanks.........

Puking can be a sign of CRF. The cats need to be seen by a vet for an
exam and blood panel.

-L.